therealkat becomes a New Girl

thekatisalie

I took last night off as a mental health day. I took Monday off, because I went so hard and furious at my COMBAT the last three days that my EVERYTHING hurt... Seriously. My muscles's muscles hurt.

Today I will go to yoga. I will drink tea. And I will cross stitch.

Level 24 Frost Archer ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Current Challenge: therealkat :: a witty challenge title appears!

MyFitnessPal || Strava || Endomondo || SmashRun || Twitch

I Instagram. I tweet. I cosplay. And I'm on Facebook

And how did yoga go?

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Flow was good. Did it at home... and I felt a bit more engaged and less stressed. I have a meeting after work tonight... But it's an LMC night and I really want to do that instead. We will see how late this meeting goes. I might squeeze abs in at least.

Also... Happy Thursday.

I can’t screen shot it for some reason… but in the geeky FB group I was just posting in, the following “suggested for you†groups came up. WTF Facebook. WTF…

Single Geeks Social Club

BDSM and Ds Connections

Depression and Anxiety Support

Supernatural Fan Club

I can see all of those.   :tongue:

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Kat, Kat, Kat, Kat!

I didn't sign up for warrior dash...  I am doing the Hot Chocolate 15k, though.  Care to join me?

Level 2 Warforged Druid

I'd love to put a 15k on my list... but I just can't see myself surviving without any winter runs. I can barely do a 5k post winter... and I can't afford to join a gym to run a treadmill just for training's sake :(

A lot of St. Paul Rec centers have tracks or treadmills.  Their cost for residence or those who work in the city is better than those who don't.  But, those who don't are only charged $60 per year.  That's $5 a month to run.  It's what I do for winter running.  And I'd come with you if you wanted a running partner.  I'm just saying there are options.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

It was an okay weekend. I had a weird stomach bug on Saturday, then spend the night in a horrible fit of anxiety because a friend of mine unfriended me on Facebook. Got my workout in early so I couldn’t chicken out of it. I am totally failing on my life challenges this time… Screw cleaning. I want to marathon Harry Potter and craft all day. Every day.

Sunday I got the other workout in early (both days LMC). Then I spent another long bit in anxiety because my friend actually took the time to explain to me why she unfriended me.

I really, really hate my introversion sometimes. It’s not something cutesy or cheeky like those internet comics make it seem. It’s actually very crippling. There are days I make choices that seem good to me because they protect or shield me… but actually hurt other people. Like the day I didn’t go to her baby shower because I was crippled by too much anxiety to leave the house, especially to go somewhere new… alone… where no one I knew would be. That decision was to protect myself, the way an introvert does – to hide in fear of being stupid, wrong, embarrassed, etc. It was the right decision in my brain to do so because it prevented any possible harm that might come to me. What irrational anxiety brain didn’t take into account was how my friend might feel about me ditching without any notice or explanation.

This, among other things, at least got discussed, and we reconnected.

It made me really worry, though. This isn’t the first time my anxiety and introversion have put friendships in jeopardy. I feel like I need to explain to people that if I seem like I’m pulling away, it’s because I’m really bad at reaching out. I don’t often understand WHY people chose to have me in their lives, because I don’t feel like a very likeable person, which causes me to not initiate conversations or make plans… because secretly I fear you’re just pity friending me and you don’t actually like me. I don’t ask about life things, because I feel like I am being nosey and if you wanted to tell me you would. I worry that I don’t belong. Not even a little bit. So if I seem distant or rude… I just… I don’t know how. I don’t know how welcome I am in your life, so I just hide. It doesn’t mean I like you any less. It actually means I like you quite a lot and I desperately want to know you like me too. I just… don’t know how to have normal relationships sometimes.

Anyway. Apparently I still needed to vent. TL;DR summary... I did both workouts, I ate in my calories and logged, and I suffered through some anxiety.

On to Monday.

And after all of that, here you are.  Well done! :D

Having lived with introverts my entire adult life, I understand what you're going through.  I'm glad you talked with your friend so you two are on the same page.  Remember, people chose who they surround themselves with.  If they've chosen to want you in their lives, it means you are worth being with.  

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

*Internet Hugs* I know exactly how you feel and I deal with my brain telling me the same stupid shit. Plus, my favorite one - maximum anxiety every time I even *think* about calling someone. Because they might be in a car, and answering my call may cause them to fall off a cliff and explode. I'd file this under neurosis boosted times a million due to introversion. Pre cell phone days, all I had to deal with was uncertainty about whether whomever it was would welcome the intrusion my call provided. 

I'm not a paragon of dealing with shit, but what I've done in the past is to explain my anxiety to friends - who by and large completely get it (granted, we're talking about people I've been friends with for 10+ years). Some of them find it hilarious, and everyone seems to freak the fuck out when I call and they don't answer - especially if I happen to be busy on the other line when they call back. Unless it's a birthday. My mental rules allow for birthday calls. Anxiety be damned. 

As for going out IRL, recently I've found that 20 seconds of courage stuff Steve wrote about helpful. A good firm internal kick in the ass/taking the time to calm the shit down and remember that a: I won't actually die, and b: something like going out to celebrate an milestone for someone else isn't actually about me helps some. Baby showers are still absolutely hell - especially since I quit smoking and don't have that excuse to retreat into - but I've found that picking one person to talk to isn't so scary; or, if I'm having a good day -- putting on professional grown up lady face and faking it works. Yay, waitressing in college. That helped develop that skill immensely. 

• Like 1

Level 77 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

Remind me to post some key notes from my conference call with Mary Kay last night.. (not on the computer that has the notes right now..lol) as I am finding a lot of what everyone is saying that will be beneficial to reading what I learned last night :)  It was about how to overcome fear, and perfectionism.  I came out of that call with a new outlook on life.

• Like 1

Zendikara

Level 1

Night Elf Adventurer

STR  2 ||  DEX  1 ||  STA 1 || CON 1 ||WIS 9 || CHA 3

Between Heaven and Hell

Nerfiwrich challenge

Previous Challenges =11/10/14

Goal: Pay off Visa

12%
12%

I wish I could explain my anxiety to people… Maybe it’s because I was told for most of my life by people that saw me doing my best to overcome my anxiety day to day that I ‘don’t actually have anxiety’ - because sometimes I am able to deal with situation better than others - that I feel I can’t explain something I “don’t have†to them. I worry that if I explain it to friends, when I don’t show up or if I chose not to go because I want to stay home and be alone, that they’ll see it [anxiety and introversion] as an excuse or a cop out… but I have honestly had times where I have driven somewhere new and parked a block away trying to ease a panic attack about “WHAT IF THIS ISN’T ACTUALLY THEIR HOUSE?!†And I have been able to get over it and go inside, and I’ve also said “EFF THIS I’M GOING HOME†and left. When I was already there.

Sometimes it’s a lot easier to deal with. Sometimes I honestly can’t talk myself out of it.

Thank you guys. It helps to hear I’m not alone in these feelings. It makes me feel like maybe I’m not as weird or crazy as I feel, which is really, really isolating.  And thank you for reading my dumb rant. I really appreciate it.

I know I have to work on that paranoid “no one ACTUALLY likes me†mental thoughts. Those are incredibly hard to not listen to. Sometimes I feel like introversion is a serious circular battle. You want to connect with people… but connecting with them causes you to want to take a week off of social activity to recharge… only leaving you lonely and wishing you could connect with people…

Brains are dumb.

maybe I’m not as weird or crazy as I feel,

We never said that... :P  

I'm kidding, of course.  You're a wonderful person, Kat.  I always enjoy hanging out with you, even if you're trying to kill me through tough runs.  :D

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

This is the webinar that I took, although it does cater towards a Mary Kay business.. it's more of a self improvement webinar :)  I have the notes that I still need to post, which I can send any of you in a message if you're interested.

http://www.pinkcaddiecoach.com/stswebinar/

• Like 1

Zendikara

Level 1

Night Elf Adventurer

Between Heaven and Hell

Nerfiwrich challenge

12%
12%

Who's trying to kill who?! You want me to do a 15k! I just want you to do the Warrior Dash :tongue:

There's no fire at the Hot Chocolate 15k.  :D

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Ankle was bugging me again yesterday, so I took the night off. Was able to stay within my calories even still. Tonight I WILL do a LMP. I WILL do it.

Yes you will.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Worked out with these folks last night

Ben kept saying "you'll feel this in your chest" and I thought... nawh. Today. Yeah. I do. Thanks, Ben. Osa also made my legs hurt. I feel like such a badass lifting in my livingroom.

les-mills-PUMP-reviews.jpg

• Like 2

Looks like fun! I can't wait to start doing that in the new year.. I am going to be signing up as a coach, and starting with either pump or combat. Probably combat as it's cheaper though! :)

• Like 1

Zendikara

Level 1

Night Elf Adventurer

Between Heaven and Hell

Nerfiwrich challenge

12%
12%

I would recommend starting with COMBAT, too. I started with T25 and LOVED it. But COMBAT has made the most change in my body, and is by far the most fun I have had working out!

Hey Kat, read your log and just wanted to say, wow! Keep up the good work. I'm also in Minnesota so I feel you about the winter blues.

-Kristin

• Like 1

kristing
Race: Rock Gnome | Class: Adventurer | Level: 1

[sTR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 0 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 0]

Current challenge: here

Challenge1: here (started late, but went somewhat strong)

Master Quest: <135 lbs

16.6%
16.6%
Starting: 165 lbs | Current: 160 lbs

Kat, Kat, KAT!!!!

Hi.  

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid