EleanorsBee - Pt2 - Training

Eleanorsbee

Hello Assassins

My Level 0 -1 goals were to loose weight and establish a routine for working out ... now I am happy-ish with my weight and I have the motivation its time to step it up and start my Assassins training.

My goals .... Strength, endurance and Health ... all the time keeping my wife happy 

My Motivation .... as always to be a badass Daddy that can play at anything my 3y/o daughter can play at

Quest 1 - Strength

I will be starting a new 3 day a week Bodyweight Workout on Monday, this includes handstand practice .. now I know I can do 3 times a week workout and stick to it, so the 1st challenge will be to practice handstands every single day for 10 mins

Quest 2 - endurance

Whats the point of all this strength if you collapse 2 miles down the road  ? .... so far I have been able to row 8k in my off day cardio workouts ... I want to be able to reach 10k by the end of 6 weeks

Quest 3 - Health

Fat daddy, is fat because overtime he goes to the cupboard, he comes out with a handful of nuts or currants stuffed in his mouth .. THIS WILL STOP

and my side quest

Keep my wife on my side - I don't neglect her, but I could spend more quality time with her, so once a week I will devote to playing Scrabble / chess / jigsaws with her ..... but the best bit, I am not going to tell her its a quest .... my love will sneak up and grab her without her realising ... at the end of 6 weeks she can grade me on how well I did 

I'll update this thread later with how I plan on scoring it .... right now I have a meeting to attend

• Like 2

Human | Ranger

Level 3 | STR: 8 | DEX: 2 | STA: 8 | CON: 5 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 7

Current Challenge / Second Challenge, /  My First Challenge

Wow... I was just skimming through your motivations and goals... and it was like you were reading my mind. In particular:

My Motivation .... as always to be a badass Daddy that can play at anything my 3y/o daughter can play at

Keep my wife on my side - I don't neglect her, but I could spend more quality time with her, so once a week

I sincerely wish you lots of good luck with your challenge Eleanorsbee!

I might sub and follow along if that's ok :)

Despite weighing in 4lbs more this morning thanks to a heavy weekend, my 1st workout of the challenge went well, and I can still do 5 pull-ups per set which I only reached last friday.

I havent snacked yet .... but thats easy when you at work .. when I get home the pain and shaking will start :D

and handstand practice

ok, this made me feel old ... being the wrong way up, wobbly belly, exploding head ... I am sure kids dont feel this insecure :D

• Like 1

Human | Ranger

well, tonight I will surprise my wife with turning off the television and not watching professional master chef, and instead lighting the fire, putting some music on, making a pot of some weird herbal infusion tea stuff she likes and playing scrabble whilst "talking" to her.

I hope it goes down well, because I freaking hate scrabble, and herbal infusions .... and I am quite partial to Professional Master Chef on the television

but its all part of my assassins training .... sneak up and make my wife happy without her realising it

As for the fitness goals

(1) Handstand practice ... doing it everyday, cant say I feel the benefits of being upside down yet, but a minute wall plank is now doable after 4 days

(2) rowing, my times are progressing

(3) snacking ...... only given in once ... but in my defence I did a double cardio session and was 400KCal down on the day and feeling rather light headed .. I kept it healthy ish though ... 1 x jacobs cracker for the dirty carbs and an apple for the sugar and nicer carbs/fibre ... and a spoon of greek yogurt and about 6 raisins . still feel guilty though because its not about the calories its about the damned larder and all the food in it that I keep eating subconsciously 

• Like 1

Human | Ranger

Wow ... Struggling this week

I went to relatives at the weekend .... I didnt eat "that" much, but I also did no cardio over the weekend either .... I dont know if its related but my workouts this week have been so hard, I have the mental energy but its like my legs and arms are made of concrete, they dont want to lift, pull push, pull .. my pull-ups are down in numbers, my pushups are lame

That and I feel a slight tenderness in my knee and a click at full extension .... have a feeling that I am irritating an old possible meniscus tear from snowboarding .... so dropping squats this week just to keep an eye on it

on the upside though .. finally gave in with the trouser situation and binned my 34" trousers and bought 32" ones that dont need a belt to dig in to me to keep them on :D

Human | Ranger

Sounds like you're having a bit of trouble recently but I think you're doing really well :) 

I mean you had to change your trousers, and that's awesome :D 

Try not to worry about having one off workout, or maybe being a little heavier one day, this game called fitness is a marathon and sometimes the pace slows down but ultimately as long as we're moving forward we're doing awesome :) And you're well on your way :D I'm going to keep popping in to make sure your motivation stays up :D 

Assassin Guild Leader  Trainee

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Current Challenge: Vengefulpear Revives!

Level 1

High Score:

Level 7 STR: 14 | DEX: 10 | STA: 1 | CON: 12 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 4

Cheers Mr Pear .. this week has been slightly easier ... although this mornings workout hurt, my dips are getting better !

Last week, I have continued daily with the handstand progression, only missed one day so far, due to feeling like crap and not wanting to be upside down for fear of throwing up

My Distance rowing, hasnt got any further, but I have got quicker ... I can accept that

Surprising my wife is A++++ graded so far, she hasnt caught on yet but did comment "I didnt see that coming" ... NINJA SKILLZ !!!!

cant wait till the end of this challenge .... 3 weeks time I can come out of Calorie deficit for a month really looking forward to prioritizing performance in my workouts rather than keep what I can whilst loosing weight

Human | Ranger

Woot !!!!!

Well I finally managed 10k on the rower in the time I have for my morning workout ... not the best 10k in the world but 48minutes, meant I wasn't late for work !

As for my snacking .... I fail at this ... really, its sub conscious I go to the cupboard to get my little girl a snack and comet with  mouth full of raisins ARRRRGH ... on the upside, by having celery and small veg in the fridge, I now can eat that instead of bits of cheese ... now that helps, 100g of cheese is 350kcal ... 100g of celery isn't worth mentioning. ..... AND I have lost a few more pounds so I guess the snacking isn't hurting me that much, I am now down to 160lbs

Be nice to the wife .... my weekly date night with the missus is great fun ... I hate scrabble and jigsaws, but it makes her happy .. this friday is Chess and wine !

Handstand practice .... I think its going to be a long time, but my kid won't be able to do one for another few years, so I can bide my time, I still practice every day 

Human | Ranger