• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Charlie the cactus

Charlie the Cactus's First 6 week challange

hi!! so this weeks newbie challenge is to make friends. I noticed you are a monk working on pullups. Coincidentally I am also a monk working on pullups! go pullups team!!

how are you doing your assisted pullups? I'm still having trouble, mostly because my pullup bar/door frame do not quite fit well together, and im mildy nervous of something silly happening like me falling on my butt cause the bar let go O.o 

anyways, good luck!! and feel better :)

Though you got knocked down, don't let that discourage you.  You took time to get yourself better, didn't push yourself, and now you're in a better position to kick some ass.

Thank you all for the support, guys! It's much appreciated :) starting to ease back into my workouts today, did some bodyweight workouts but had to stop after about 25 minutes because I'm still struggling to breathe a little. Everyday is better than the last so hopefully I will have regained full health within the next day or so.

• Like 1

Greetings prospective Monk-in-training!

Blaidd may have you guys hopping with your introductory mini-challenges to help you organize your goals and get you used to life in the Rebellion.  But we monks are a social bunch and we need your help.  Yes, you young go-getter!

Part of the Monk's Week 3 mini-challenge is to list one thing you are thankful for.  That sounds fairly normal for this time of year, but we are nerds and we have to nerd it up.  Each Monk (or Monk-in-training) is recording what number he or she falls at in the record of posting and uses the corresponding letter of the alphabet to give thanks.  

To give you an idea, here's what I wrote.

SevenFootGeek:  6

F - I am thankful for my Friends, who are the family I wasn't born with.

Help us fill out the entire alphabet!  And if we get all the way to Z, let's loop back around again!

How are you feeling now?

So much better, thank you! But you're not going to believe it, im unable to do some workouts still because I've trapped a nerve in my right wrist... should be ok in the next day or so though. The universe hates me, but I don't care, it's not going to stop me in the long run! 

WIN 20141129 110756

Also today is a lower body strength training day so, be right :)
  • Like 1

Oh, man. :( If it's not one thing, it's another. On the other hand, you're amazing for not letting these things get you down! Are there things you can do to modify? But really, sticking to what you can do is still a lot better than I'd probably do - I'm a big baby about getting hurt and/or sick. I'd have stopped and been like, welp, too bad. So you are a major inspiration! Keep going!

0z0zMX4.gif

So much better, thank you! But you're not going to believe it, im unable to do some workouts still because I've trapped a nerve in my right wrist... should be ok in the next day or so though. The universe hates me, but I don't care, it's not going to stop me in the long run! 

Also today is a lower body strength training day so, be right :)

Keep-going-should-I-post-a-workout-next-

Just that the rest of the challange has been smooth sailing and honestly, I feel like i could conquer the world!

Excellent!  Planning on starting the next challenge?