The Mormon Rebel is here to testify...of sore arms!

Hey Ya'll! I'm here because I'm tired of being fat and tired! Haha! I'm twenty-three years old, currently serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. When I get home, one of my goals is to run a tough mudder no matter the shape I am in, and I've got nine months left of it! So here I go!

Main quest: To be at least fifty pounds lighter by the time I go home (Or as we say in the mission field, to look good naked :tongue: )

Side-Quest: To get my chestpress and lat-pulldown to 170! Currently at 150: and To get my bicep curl and tricep push-down thingy to 140: Currently at 120 (strength + 7)

A: 170 / 140

B:165 / 135

C:160 / 130

D: 155 / 125

F:150 / 120

Side Quest: To do Beginning Bodyweight stuff on non-gym days! (Stam +3)

A: 3 days

B: 2 days

C: 1 Day

F: 0 days

Side Quest: To do ten minutes on the treadmill before gym stuff (Stam +3)

B; 2 days

F: 0 Days

Motivation: I want to be able to look good when I get home!

• Like 2

Starting: 330 Current: 320 Goal: 280

Go ahead and follow my personal mission to have sore arms!

Level 0: Orc Warrior.

STR 6 | STA 4.5 | DEX 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

Where is your mission serving?

You might notice that someone has added tags onto your thread.  This is not to pigeonhole you into a specific guild, but rather to attract the attention of the guild ambassadors because of your lifestyle or a grouping of goals, so that they might be able to motivate, encourage and advise you of anything during your challenge with us.  You don't even need to wait for them, you're welcome to pop into the Warriors to say hi and introduce yourself and to see what they're about. Also you are more than welcome to drop me a line at any time if you need anything.

Good luck

AB xx

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

How are you on this website if you're an Elder (or maybe sister)?  I'm not Mormon, but I grew up Mormon, and it really confuses me that you're using this website.

Regardless, following to help motivate my fellow first timers. :D

• Like 3

"Impossible is not a fact, it's an opinion.  Impossible is not a declaration, it's a dare.  Impossible is potential, impossible is temporary, impossible is NOTHING." -Muhammad Ali

"The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision." -Hellen Keller

Ferocity (2),  2 Becoming Capable, Becoming a Ranger

That's awesome. I'm sure you'll look good when you get home, especially because being a freshly returned missionary seems to work mysterious wonders on the opposite sex all in it's own. :tongue:

I want to do a tough mudder as well at some point. The distance sounds ok to me but I'm worried about the obstacles. Do you have a plan to train specifically for that aspect of it? I'd love to grab some ideas. I've read a lot online but that's not the same as getting ideas from a real person...

• Like 1

Race -- GREY ELF | Class -- Assassin

[ Level 2 ] | STR 3 | DEX 1 | STA 4 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 2

NF Challenges: currently n/a

Battle Logs: WoMD

|"Don't tell me the moon is shining: show me the glint of light on broken glass." - Anton Chekhov|

How are you on this website if you're an Elder (or maybe sister)?  I'm not Mormon, but I grew up Mormon, and it really confuses me that you're using this website.

Regardless, following to help motivate my fellow first timers. :D

I'm not supposed to be. However! We are allowed to use the internet for facebook, and I decided that i need to get healthy, and this will help me. So I'm not following that specific rule so I can get healthier!

• Like 1

That's awesome. I'm sure you'll look good when you get home, especially because being a freshly returned missionary seems to work mysterious wonders on the opposite sex all in it's own. :tongue:

I want to do a tough mudder as well at some point. The distance sounds ok to me but I'm worried about the obstacles. Do you have a plan to train specifically for that aspect of it? I'd love to grab some ideas. I've read a lot online but that's not the same as getting ideas from a real person...

hey Boxkid! Haha and it does seem to make the opposite sex all giggly, don't it being the RM haha!

My thing is more the distance! I need to work on that! However, I did the warrior dash at one point and didn't have any problems really with the obstacles. I 'd say the hardest obstacles will be the pull over stuff, so just work on your pull ups and pulling your weight over large obstacles! So I'll be working on the distance as I up my stamina and get rid of my weight.

• Like 1

Well that definitely explains your name.  Also, don't get in trouble.

"Impossible is not a fact, it's an opinion.  Impossible is not a declaration, it's a dare.  Impossible is potential, impossible is temporary, impossible is NOTHING." -Muhammad Ali

"The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision." -Hellen Keller

Well that definitely explains your name.  Also, don't get in trouble.

Haha thanks Spider! I won't get in trouble; thats why I don't give much information out about myself currently! But thanks for the concern!!

Pro-tip.  Next to the "quote" button is "multiquote," so you don't have to triple post.  Just hit "multiquote" on all the posts you want to respond to, then click "quote" on the last one, then it all gets added to one big post.  Snazzy, eh?

• Like 1

Pro-tip.  Next to the "quote" button is "multiquote," so you don't have to triple post.  Just hit "multiquote" on all the posts you want to respond to, then click "quote" on the last one, then it all gets added to one big post.  Snazzy, eh?

Well would you look at that! I learned something new! That is rather Snazy! Thank you Mr. Spider! Haha!

As far as my challenge so far:

I did my time on the treadmill today, I need to find cheap running shoes. Running with steel-toed work shoes is a pain in the butt! But it's also like running with ankle weights! haha! Going to work on upping my speed and time, can only do five minutes or so currently.

Chest press went well! I'm actually starting to enjoy working out!

Good luck dude from someone who has a similar fitness journey to follow like you.

• Like 1

WXStormer - Level 4 Adventurer - Challenges Completed Successfully:  3

Introduction   Challenge Threads:  1 2 3 Failures: 2, 4, 4  Current:4

My Fitness Log:  http://twitter.com/jeffreyfitness (Walks/Activities are Automatically Logged Here) - My Personal Blog
Fitbit Account | MapMyFitness Link | BattleLog | Accountability Post

Camp Nerd Fitness 2014 Comments:  Part 1: Camp Nerd Fitness Post-Mortem     Part 2: The Road Ahead

Progress Goal:
Weight Loss:  

2%
2%

Good job.  And congrats on your pants size.  I dropped from 54 to 50 myself..

WXStormer - Level 4 Adventurer - Challenges Completed Successfully:  3

Introduction   Challenge Threads:  1 2 3 Failures: 2, 4, 4  Current:4

My Fitness Log:  http://twitter.com/jeffreyfitness (Walks/Activities are Automatically Logged Here) - My Personal Blog
Fitbit Account | MapMyFitness Link | BattleLog | Accountability Post

Camp Nerd Fitness 2014 Comments:  Part 1: Camp Nerd Fitness Post-Mortem     Part 2: The Road Ahead

Progress Goal:
Weight Loss:  

2%
2%

Making good progress.  Consistency will pay off.

(I served more years ago than you are alive. Hope the work is going well.)

• Like 1

Current Challenge: (Feb-Mar 21) Step by Step

My Epic Quest Character Sheet  *** Old Challenges and Links hidden below

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

Making good progress.  Consistency will pay off.

(I served more years ago than you are alive. Hope the work is going well.)

haha thank you erick! 

sadly, the consistency will be changed. We recently received instruction that we are no longer allowed to work out in gyms anymore.

HOWEVER! Due to my loving grandmother, I have been able to purchase a barbell and 120 pounds of weight. So, since I already accomplished my Chestpress goal, I should be able to achieve the rest of my goals with the barbell and the necessary amount of weight! I shall keep everyone posted!

• Like 2

Hey Ya'll! I'm here because I'm tired of being fat and tired! Haha! I'm twenty-three years old, currently serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. When I get home, one of my goals is to run a tough mudder no matter the shape I am in, and I've got nine months left of it! So here I go!

Main quest: To be at least fifty pounds lighter by the time I go home (Or as we say in the mission field, to look good naked :tongue: )

Side-Quest: To get my chestpress and lat-pulldown to 170! Currently at 150: and To get my bicep curl and tricep push-down thingy to 140: Currently at 120 (strength + 7)

A: 170 / 140

B:165 / 135

C:160 / 130

D: 155 / 125

F:150 / 120

Side Quest: To do Beginning Bodyweight stuff on non-gym days! (Stam +3)

B: 2 days

F: 0 days

Side Quest: To do ten minutes on the treadmill before gym stuff (Stam +3)

B; 2 days

F: 0 Days

Motivation: I want to be able to look good when I get home!

1. Goal allocation:

Q1: Get my Chest Press to 170, lat pull down to 170, curls and triceps to 140: +7 strength

Q2: Do bodyweight workouts on non-gym days: +3 stamina 

Q3:  Do ten minutes on the tread mill before gym! +3 stamina

LQ: Have 3x social interactions per week = 2 CHA & 1 WIS

2. Mid Challenge Summary:

Q1: Got to 180 pounds on chest press, did not increase lat pulldown, got to 130 on curls and triceps and shoulder rows. = B 70%

Q2: Did body workout every day!! A = 100%

Q3: Did treadmill every gym day, but did not do 10 minutes everyday = F 50%

LQ: Did not have a LQ!

3. Challenge allocation:

Q1: B 70% = 4.9 but rounding up to 5.0 strength!

Q2: A 100% = 3 Stamina!

Q3: F 50% = 1.5 Stamina