• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

starsapart

Prepare teh be boarded and surrender yer booty! [The Cutlasses]

Viki is standing on deck of the Drunken Barmaid and watches the horizon. It's a long time since she has been on a ship and she feels seasick. Watching the horizon helps her to calm down, but this way she doesn't get any work done. 

She sighs and goes on to scrub the deck quietly. "I better get used to the ships movement and this language or I won't be of much use for the crew.", she thinks by herself, but for now she remains silent and concentrates on scrubbing the deck.

• Like 3

After inspecting the ship and making sure all the cargo was aboard and her crew was settled, she called for the sails to be raised and followed the Sea Witch out to sea. It had been smooth sailing for a while and she was enjoying sunbathing on the bow of the ship, her orange tail wrapped around her small body. She'd left Anaticula to steer the ship, navigating being her fine point.

A splashing sound caused her ears to perk up and she slowly lifted her head. Maybe there was a dolphin pod leading them toward the north seas. She did not, though, see a pod of dolphins. Jumping up as the silver streak jumped over the flagship, she changed back into her human form. She waited a moment and saw the silver jump the ship again. She turned back just after seeing the creature land on the other ship. Grabbing the string of the bell, she began to ring it loudly. “All hands on deck! Prepare teh board the Sea Witch and help our fellow CutLasses!â€

The crew ran around, grabbing the grapple hooks and readying to toss. Jazzy helped Tzippie ready the plank. They caught on to the side of their sister ship and the crew of the Drunken Barmaid boarded, swords drawn.

“Where be the beast?!†Jazzy yelled, eyeing the crew of the other ship. She found starsapart and the creature standing and... talking? She sheathed her sword and walked up the other captain.

“What--?â€

She over heard the last part of the conversation, the creature asking to stay with them. She crossed her arms over her chest and eyed the man. “We-ell... I could use the extra hand an' ye look like a hard worker. Jus' know I won't give ye any allowance that I wouldn't give me own crew.â€

The siren nodded, “Of course Captain. I don't expect to be treated any different.â€

Jazzy nodded and stuck her hand out to him. “Welcome aboard the Drunken Barmaid.â€

• Like 4

A wooden thunk startles the crew and breaks the tense atmosphere. A battered little rowboat had knocked up against the side of the ship, manned by a weary, peg-legged lass. "Ahoy there! The sea didn't like the taste of me and has spat me back out! Permission to come back aboard?" She scanned the strange faces on the ship, only recognizing a few of her old mates. "Seems I've got an introduction to make if you'll take me."

• Like 2

A wooden thunk startles the crew and breaks the tense atmosphere. A battered little rowboat had knocked up against the side of the ship, manned by a weary, peg-legged lass. "Ahoy there! The sea didn't like the taste of me and has spat me back out! Permission to come back aboard?" She scanned the strange faces on the ship, only recognizing a few of her old mates. "Seems I've got an introduction to make if you'll take me."

Ahoy there, lassy! Ye be welcome back upon me ship, if'n ye want ta join me crew again!

• Like 4

Permission to come aboard late, Cap'n?  Ready to do extra work to earn a place on the crew!

Welcome aboard, mate! starsapart should be along soon teh place ye on to a ship!

• Like 1

Permission to come aboard late, Cap'n?  Ready to do extra work to earn a place on the crew!

Oh, and if it please the crew and cap'n, my fur baby would make a right good ship cat. Yar, she's not got but 3 legs like a real pirate!

10485847_10152886902670649_3342947942318

Yer welcome, o'course.  Ye'll be sailin' with me - and yer fur baby be welcome as well, I'm sure that there'll be no problems with Sir Stuffington.  Name fer the adorable fluffy?

Also, I be needin' a link teh yer challenge thread, please, lass. :pirate:

Welcome back!!!!  So happy teh see ye! :D  Ye'll be back with the Barmaid.

{OOC: so, when we spread the gif-y love to the L1s, do we do a similar thing as when we plunder a thread, or just offer general encouragement and welcome? should I sign it from the CutLasses?}

There be somethin' we can post fer them teh show it's from us - and we like teh leave a link teh the original plundered thread as well... since one of our purposes be makin' connections between new rebels and those who be more experienced!  A sample giftin' can be viewed here.  Ye can use this image:

TheCutLasses-treasure_zps93cc7a43.png

We'll be doin' some giftin' next week, along with the promised mini, don't ye worry!

I'll be postin' up more story and a mini fer us tomorrow... rest well, cutlasses (and lad!), soon week 2 will be here!

• Like 4

A week at sea and Pyro is still trying to get over her slight case of sea sickness. Never have been on a boat before, it definitely took some getting used to. However, with job making her constantly running around, the equilibrium is starting to get better. Being on a boat has proved to be an exciting experience overall although the language barrier is still taking time to knock down. Still thinking about home, Pyro looks into the horizon wondering if she made the right choice leaving and joining the band of pirates. 

• Like 5

Hello then, new fellows. I'm ElfiKay and I'm in recovery after breaking my foot. Until I get my peg off and my foot back, I'm pretty limited, but I'll be puttin as much effort into me work on the ship as I can! If ya would like to keep a weather eye on me progress, the thread is here: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/56457-elfikay-recovers/ 

• Like 6

Captain starsapart felt ill-at-ease.

Some might wonder why: they had pillaged their way through the trade routes with great success, and the holds of their ships were stuffed with treasure, and they'd see to stashing that soon.  There was a convenient archipelago just northeast of here, hardly off course at all. There were a few sure hidey holes there, and the treasure would wait for them until they had chased down the rumor.

Oh, she hoped it wasn't just a tale.

But the wind was blowing cold now, and had been for a few days.  The temperatures would only be dropping from here, and the winds worsening.  She'd never been this far north, but she'd heard enough stories to know this sail couldn't remain smooth, and the gray clouds hanging low in the sky did worry her, a bit.  There was more magic carried on the gusts, too - she could hear it, ever so faintly, as discordant notes, which was part of the reason she was nervous; peaceful magic didn't sound like that.

"Thar be black on the horizon, cap'n," commented one of her crewmembers from just behind her.

The captain turned to her and nodded, one hand still on the wheel.  "Aye," she agreed.  "I was considerin' sailin' around, but this one won't be evaded.  We'll be havin' some rough seas soon enough."  The notes on the wind hinted that they would greet the storm one way or another - it was hungry to challenge them.  But she was determined, too - neither ship would go down.

The wind worsened and the water became increasingly choppy as she added, "I be thinkin' it's about time teh take this seriously, since we're too far from land teh find a quiet spot teh wait it out.  All hands on deck!  Lasses, look alive - we've got trouble comin'!  Time teh pull yer weight now!"

MINI #1!

Time fer our first fitness mini, lasses, kickin' off as o' 12am Tuesday (yer local time)!  We be sailin' right into a powerful storm, and those winds'll be doin' what they can teh tear our sails away, but we be experienced sailors all, and we aren't afraid o' a bit o' rough weather!  We'll be doin' three types o' exercises for this!

• Pull the ropes!  Any manner o' pullin' exercise counts, from dumbbell/barbell rows teh pull-ups teh lat pull-downs.  Count yer reps.
  • Climb the rigging!  We'll be doin' mountain climbers fer this.  Count yer reps - both legs is one rep, not two!
  • Hang on tight!  The ropes'll be slippery with water, but we can't let them go!  We'll be countin' seconds o' hangin' exercises here - grip-hangs, knee tucks or leg raises from dead hang, etc.  Ye can also substitute grip exercises with a plate or another sort if'n ye can't hang!  Count yer seconds!

Ye can keep track o' yer reps here.  Each ship has a bare minimum they have to meet teh escape the storm undamaged.  I know not everyone will be able teh do every exercise due teh various injuries, but I think at least one o' these should be feasible for everyone!  Yer crewmates can help ye out with the exercises ye can't do - that's why we be teams!  If'n ye can't do any of the three, please let me know and we'll work together teh come up with a suitable alternative movement fer ye! :pirate:

Remember - yer challenge comes first.  Work these into yer routines as ye can without compromisin' on what's most important!  Let's sail fearlessly on!

• Like 8

Tzippi pulled up her fabled stockings, spat on both hands, and eyed the ropes of the Drunken Barmaid, which were shining with frigid water, and all-too-soon, twinking with hoarfrost. 

"Too long you're been soft an' pretty, dearies. Soft hands be makin' a fine supper for the crabs and sea beasts, but hard palms live ta see warm waters again."

She then leapt onto the railing, wincing only slightly as an icy splash soaked her lower half. 

"Oi, Kenyo! Yer trews be pretty enough, but in winds like this, best to cover yer topsails as well! Ye'll find a thick sweater in me trunk - knitted with charms against dangers from the sea. Not that ye'll need 'em, being a danger from the sea yer own self!"

She reached up, wrapping her hands around the boom, and pulled.

OOC: I'll be doing these stealthy-like at school, so I can pull my weight (pun intended) without interfering with my challenge. 

• Like 5

Ana grabbed the ropes with all her might.  In order to keep the ship on course the sails had to constantly be adjusted.  Up...down...right...left...for what seemed to be hours she pulled and released the ropes as needed while the rest of the crew scrambled around working on their tasks.  At long last the winds eased slightly and the start peaked out through the clouds.  She handed the ropes off to another shipmate she wasn't sure who, and used her sextant and compass to check their position.  Marking their location in her mind she ran below to check their course on the map, passing a yowling Noodle along the way.  The winds excited the cat and he loved to sing along with them. She marked their current location on the map, and noted their destination.  She then headed back to the deck to adjust the sails once more.

(Did lots of pulling yesterday as my trainer assigned me exercises using the cables. :) )

• Like 4

Hey all, my net is down (wifi router is trying to give up the ghost) so I may not get to pay any story related stuff until after this weekend. Either my boyfriend can fix the wifi or I'll buy a new box.

• Like 2

The ships going up and down, while cold water splashes over the railing. 

Tzippi is standing on the railing and pulls on the ropes tight, Ana seems to be everywhere at once to pull the ropes and steer the ship.

Finally, seeing her fellow shipmates fight to get the ship through this storm, viki gets on her feet. As fast as she can, while the ship moves unpredictable for her, she goes to the mast and climbs the rigging to make sure that no rope rips out and the canvas is alright. One after another, up and down. 

She just hopes, this storm will not last too long.

• Like 3

Pyro looks at the incoming storm and cracks her knuckles, ready to face the terror of the dreaded storms she has heard back home. Excited for getting a little bit more action, she grabs one of the ropes and starts to pull. She gets a good start but suddenly the sea lurches the boat forward throwing her off balance and the sickness starts to get to her head. Luckily the Captain shouts out another order and she directs her attention to pulling the ropes. Getting back into a stable position, she silently thanks her previous training from all the work back home, because God forbid where she would be if she didn't have the arm strength to pull. 

(OOC: not gonna lie, hanging exercises are harder than I thought so I just put in all my energy into the mountain climbers and the pulling exercises) 

• Like 4

Hmmm... Can I donate some 'o me daily hangin' t' th' Barmaid? 300 seconds a day seems a wee bit o' treasure t' keep t' ourselves >.<.

Amdhiel,

If'n ye wants teh hop over teh the other ship teh help out yer fellow cutlasses fer the duration o' the storm, I think that's a fine thing o' ye teh do, if'n they'll have ye!

And fer all o' us!  As the storm wears down (we're nearly through!), it's time teh consider how best teh stash our treasure.  Can we all hit at least one level 1 nominee by the end o' the weekend?  Me challenge teh ye, fer extra rum rations fer anyone who gets it done and marks the sheet!

Apprentices, keep workin' hard, we see yer efforts!  I'm thinking there may be some promotions comin' once we're out of danger........

• Like 3

Tzippi gritted her teeth as another icy wave crashed onto the deck. Hanging was too difficult . . . Her fingers began to pry themselves away from the wet wood . . .

She let go, twisting to grasp the ratlines and clamber up them, her nearly-numb fingers catching the netting as her legs took up the slack. 

(Yeah. Hanging is way harder than I thought. Which means i need to do more of it. Incidentally, all my knowledge about ships comes from reading the True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle a million times, and watching the Horatio Hornblower series with Ioan Gruffudd - so if I'm using all this terminology wrong, mea culpa. I'm a wood elf!)

• Like 2

Ahoy mateys! Hope all me shipmates challenges are going well. Been doin' lot o' pullin' to get us through the storm. Tried some dead-hangs - they be hard! Gifted some treasure as well. 

Hope everyone has had a good weekend.  :pirate:

• Like 4

They had weathered the storm, coming out of it with only minor repairs to be made, for which the captain was extremely grateful.  When at last it had blown over, they found themselves blown only slightly off course, which meant they were able to seek safe harbor after all in a small, craggy inlet on one of the norther isles starsapart had hoped to sue for this exact purpose.

So far, things were going almost entirely as planned.

"That can't last, o' course," she told her fellow captain as they met in her quarters behind a barred door.

"Yer not usually such a pessimist," her friend chided.

"Just bein' realistic, is all."  Then she grinned.  "Or maybe I'm thinkin' that when i tell tales o' this, it'll need teh have some adventure invented teh make it engagin' enough."

"Don't invite adventure too loudly, aye?" responded DreamPirate with a laugh.  "That storm was adventure enough fer anyone."

"Well, if'n it stays calm from here, I'll be findin' ways to make the story more colorful in the retelling," starsapart assured.  "Yer crew be close teh done with repairs, I take it?  I'm thinkin' we can give them the evenin' teh celebrate a little - no good keepin' things serious all the time.  Tomorrow is time enough teh set out."

"I'm thinkin' they'll enjoy that."

The two captains emerged onto the deck in good spirits to see their crew members busy with the tasks assigned to them.  Her new apprentice was settling in well, it seemed; starsapart stopped to greet Dark_Queen and check that all was well before stepping back and raising her voice: "All right, lasses, listen up!  Ye did fine work back there - three cheers for us, the finest band of marauders these northern seas have ever seen!  That storm was no match for us!"

She waited for the cheering to die down before she continued.  "I've been watchin' and measurin and I'm thinkin' we've got one more thing teh celebrate today.  Cat_Therien, come on up here."  The woman, who had been holding a mop, immediately looked up.  "And leave that behind while yer at it," starsapart instructed.  "I can't say I'm never goin' teh ask ye teh swab again, but ye've been doin' good work here - I'll be promotin' ye today teh join the crew of able seawomen fully.  Three cheers for Cat_Therien!"

Another round of cheering followed, and starsapart gave her newly promoted crewmember a grin and a wink.  "And teh celebrate yer good fortune - and our safety - we be havin' a bit o' revelry tonight.  We'll need our bellies full and our minds empty - tomorrow's soon enough fer sailin' and worries.  Tonight, we'll feast!  Now, someone best be fetchin' this captain her guitar!"

After all, would it really be a party without music?

MINI #2!

Our next mini be o' the cookin' variety.  Some of us be in the US, meaning this be a week of general gluttony, but even for them who aren't, this time o' year the colds and flus come callin', and nothin' crashes a fitness regimen quicker than unexpected illness.

So, this week, we be cookin' some delicious foods loaded with Vitamin C!  Good teh protect against scurvy and colds!  Simplest mini in the world - make any dish o' yer choice (no restrictions as teh grains or other content, though we're always grateful for some healthful eats!) and post a picture and the recipe fer yer fellow pirates teh maybe give it a try!  Best dish gets an extra rum ration and braggin' rights. ^_^  Ye have until 12am Tuesday, December 2nd teh submit yer dish!

And go on out there this week and gift more treasure as we sail on!

• Like 5