• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

starsapart

Prepare teh be boarded and surrender yer booty! [The Cutlasses]

Mermaids! Aye, they be of'n lurin' younguns ter th' depths ter do mischief on 'em; but stories be told of good Merfolk who be strange an' wondrous kind.

Happy ter see ye back hale, an' with a tale few as ever can tell!

Sent from my Samsung S4 using Tapatalk.

• Like 2

Bear with me here, I'm not the most creative of writers, but here goes nothing:

As Pyro jumped down onto the shore, they heard an almighty crash from inside of the ship. As they looked up, a small figure stumbled out from below onto the deck.

“BlimeyCharlie!†said the captain, “you’ve been missin’ a while too. Did th’ mermaids take ye as well?â€. A delirious Charlie staggered over to the side of the ship and slumped onto the rigging.

“err, aye! Mermaids, those blaggards!†The crew stared as she flung herself over the side of the ship and landed in an untidy heap in the wet sand.

As she wobbled back onto her feet, a suspicious Amdhiel walked over and took a big sniff in Charlie’s direction. “Mermaids, eh? An’ did th’ mermaids pickle ye in a barrel o’ rum by any chance?†Charlie looked over at her shipmates with bleary eyes and knew she wasn’t fooling any one. “alright maties, I can’t lie to ye, I celebrated our last victory a lil too 'ard. I’ve been sleepin’ off th' after effects in th' armory for… I don’t know fer how long. When did we find land?â€

A silence fell over the crew, for they know the captain didn’t care for deceit. Suddenly Starsapart let out a hearty laugh. “Worry not lass, it happens to the best o’ us, now if the rum fog has lifted, how about helpin’ us recover some treasure?†Aye, aye captain!†replied Charlie, suddenly regaining her senses. There was nothing better than the thought of some treasure to cure even the worst of hangovers.

I decided to end my workout last night with some crab walks and inch worms. Timed myself, thought I'd done about 5 mins, turns out it was just 3! Those moves are hard work!! Think I'll do them as part of my warm up tomorrow instead of at the end!
  • Like 4

ShadowLion looked up at the Queen's new sails with approval. The modified rigging and unconventional cut of these sails were everything she had hoped for, and more. It had been well worth the wait in port, as hard as that was. And, it had not been without other successes as well. She smiled to herself. Aye, the lasses would like the things she had in the ship's hold when they joined up again!

Heading north to rendezvous with the rest of the CutLasses, the Queen o' Swords was swift and agile again. As the captain strode the repaired deck and watched her crew, Somebody curled in tighter around ShadowLion's neck.

"I feel it, too, my small friend. Cold winds and heavy seas, but if all has gone as planned, there'll be plenty of mirth and treasure at the Solstice fer all. An' we may happen upon some adventure on the way yet, so's we can add in our part." The captain scratched the cat's ears and Somebody purred. "Yes, an' you can see those babies o' yours, as well."

-----

I be on me way the meet up with ye all. I'm doing pullin' n' hangin' this week fer me mini, as I be a-makin' up fer lost time n' that'll fit me workout plan best fer this week. I be still recoverin' from a bad knee, but am almost healed up! I definitely want teh work in some o' the QM over the break.

• Like 2

Ana managed to swing her feet to the floor and stand at last. Having been ill for the past week she was a bit wobbly as she made her way to the ladder and climbed to the deck. She rubbed her eyes and waited for her crew members to come into focus.  'I'm ere at last Cap'in," she said. "Feelin' better an ready to report fer duty." Ana as determined to find treasure this week and make up for all the time she had lost while in the sick bay over the past few days.

____

I've been ill, but I'm feeling better and am back at last. :D I'll make sure I get at least one circuit done before this challenge is over!

• Like 3

"Sparklies'll be th' death o' me yet," Cat_Therien mourned aloud. She'd taken what she thought to be a short detour, lured by glittering stones on the walls of a side tunnel. She'd dug one out, a small but brilliant amethyst, intending to take it to show the rest of the Lasses. It didn't take long for her to realize she was lost.

She'd tried to trace her way back to the group by listening to their voices. The tunnels echoed, however, distorting even the sound of her own boots. Calling out only confused her more, so she resorted following the tunnel, mumbling to herself, and worrying about how much oil was left in her lantern...

_______

I'm in the final crunch of getting all my customers' orders out the door in time for Christmas. I'm almost done, and I hope to get caught up on the quest in the next day or two, at the latest.

• Like 1

Cat_Therien noticed the ceiling of the tunnel getting lower and lower. Bent over, then squatting, and finally on all fours moving s-l-o-w-l-y like a crab in the cramped space. Her wrists screamed at her, and with relief she noticed the tunnel widening out once more. As it did, she thought she heard voices! The rest of the crew must be nearby!

_______

I can't give myself any more than half credit for the crab walk. Got about 25 seconds into it, before my wrist couldn't take the pressure. But now I know! I'll look into wrist/grip exercises for the next challenge.

Cat_Therien noticed the ceiling of the tunnel getting lower and lower. Bent over, then squatting, and finally on all fours moving s-l-o-w-l-y like a crab in the cramped space. Her wrists screamed at her, and with relief she noticed the tunnel widening out once more. As it did, she thought she heard voices! The rest of the crew must be nearby!

_______

I can't give myself any more than half credit for the crab walk. Got about 25 seconds into it, before my wrist couldn't take the pressure. But now I know! I'll look into wrist/grip exercises for the next challenge.

If'n yer havin' trouble, feel free teh do the weighted air-punches or the walkin'!  We don't want injuries!!!!!!

I am so sorry to do this like this, but I don't have time right now to write something awesome, which is what this person really deserves.

I want to congratulate viki for becoming an able bodied CutLass!!

*insert party and awesomeness here*

She's awesome, she really is, and deserves a lot better than this stupid little post

*hides back under a pile of math*

• Like 4

The captain shifted her weight a bit to favor her sore knee. "Aye, Somebody, I'm not as young as I used teh be. These cold winds n' the damp air make me long fer warmer climes!" By way of answer, Somebody just snuggled in closer, as ShadowLion stood at the wheel of the Queen.

The trip had taken longer than expected, not because of any fault of the ship, but the winds and weather had made for slow going. ShadowLion hoped she would not be too late to the rendezvous. She looked forward to meeting up with the rest of the CutLasses and seeing what their grand adventure had yielded. She had news of her own to share, as well. Some good, some bad, but all of it sure to lead to more adventures.

Speaking softly to the cat, ShadowLion steered closer to the island. "Somebody! I think ye be weighin' more than when we were last in port. I be hoping' that Maaya an' Jazzy have more CutLasses n' the ships teh hold 'em. I'm suspectin' ye had more fun than ye let on when we were gettin' refitted. Else we'll be having a regular population explosion o' ship's cats before teh long!"

Spying three ships at anchor, instead of the expected two, ShadowLion placed her crew at high alert as she inched the Queen O' Swords into the cove. She breathed a sigh of relief when she saw the familiar lantern code that identified one of the ships as the Bar Maid. "They've taken another ship along the way it seems, so at least one o' yer kits will have a ship o' her own!"

Looking at the sky, which was just starting to show a slight paleness on the eastern horizon, she muttered, "Ye better hurry up, 'Lasses. The time be short."

• Like 1

Perfect timing, indeed, for just then, starsapart and BlimeyCharlie emerged from the cave, dragging a massive chest between them.  The others spilled out into the gray light shortly after, holding various items (one particularly lucky lass was clutching a very large vase encrusted with gems; it was quite possibly bigger than she was).  Upon seeing the Queen o' Swords at anchor, starsapart let out a delighted whoop.  "Ye made it!  And here I thought ye'd miss all the fun!"

"I've got the perfect vantage teh watch ye all take an icy bath if'n ye keep draggin yer heels!" ShadowLion called back cheerfully from the safety of her ship's deck.

"Oh, aye, we've been crawlin' along - literally!" starsapart called back.  "I'll tell ye all about it over some spiced rum - but first, load up, cutlasses, time's wastin'!  Let's not be givin' Cap'n ShadowLion the satisfaction of seein' us as drowned rats, aye?"

The pirates - tired but triumphant - began hauiling their booty aboard the ships.  Just as the sun crested the horizon and the silvery beach winked out of existence, the very last lass had just reached the bangplank - she yelped, but one of her crewmated managed to grab her wrist before she took a tumble into the water and pulled her up.

"Well, let's see what we have here, BlimeyCharlie," starsapart said.  "Thank ye fer helpin' me haul this out - it weighs more than i do, I think!"

"Glad teh help, Cap'n," the cutlass answered with a grin.  "Glad teh share in the spoils, as well."

starsapart grinned back.  "Let's get this open, shall we?  Let's see, been awhile since I got teh be too respectable teh pick me own locks, but..."  She fiddled with it, then said, "Ha!" as it clicked open.  She swung up the lid to revel that the chest was full of gemstones, which caught the light of the rising sun and glittered enticingly.  "Lasses, I believe we be rich!  Rum on me fer everyone in the next port o'call!"  As the other reacted to this news, she added, "In warmer climes, perhaps?  I'm thinkin' we've earned ourselves some hot sand and palm trees.  As always, I've got a few thoughts about that...."

Me apologies fer the belated wrap-up post, me hearties!  The Solstice be a large endeavor at me house - I've been a bit overbooked lately!

I'd like teh thank ye all fer sailin' along this challenge!  I'm thinkin' the Cutlasses will be havin' a new and excitin' adventure comin' in January, so I'd be thrilled teh see ye back fer another round!

Everyone's been amazin'.  Thank ye all fer puttin' up with me green moderatin' o' the group - I hope there was somethin' teh enjoy fer all!

• Like 2