Hello! 

I've been lurking on this site for oh so many months, looking for motivation and trying to convince myself that if all these other folk could do this, I could do this.  Yet motivation escaped me until October 2nd.  That day, I had results from my first checkup in 15 years. (Yay, Obamacare!)  And they weren't good.  I was diagnosed with Type II diabetes and high cholesterol.  Last year, my father died as a direct result of these conditions which he ignored.  It was a miserable death, one that haunts me today.  

Suddenly, the motivation was there.  I refuse to be as miserable as my father was and I refuse to make my own daughter suffer the way I did watching him slowly kill himself.

Since October 2, I've cut nearly all sugar and processed foods from my diet, upped my walking to a minimum of 2 miles a day, and as a result, I've lost 8 pounds and lowered my blood sugar count 100 points.  Yay me! Funny thing is, this is way easier than I thought it would be. I'm surprised to find that, on those days when I don't get a chance to work up a sweat, I find I really miss it. I'm keeping track of what I eat and I've found I'm averaging more calories per day than before, but they are different calories and I'm always full - and still lose weight.

So now I want to officially jump into the pool here and really participate in the community. I'm signing up for the next 6 week challenge. I'm looking forward to hearing from you and to cheering you on in your epic journey to health!

[progress=green][/progress]

• Like 1