• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

hwrdfrnd

GMB rings one

Anyone tried it?

I have been using gymnastic rings for all of my upper body work as of late and my shoulders are loving it. Ikept injuring them on bench press and gave up on that, but anyways I have been doing push ups, pull/chin ups, reverse rows and dips on them so far.

I have been thinking about purchasing this program and was wondering if anyone on here has done it. If so, did you like it? Was it worth the $95 price tag? And if you ljked it have you seen any programs that are as good or better for a rings newb? I am just worried ill end up with $95 worth of files I never open and a program I Don't like lol

I can't speak for the Rings, but I have used the Floor Program. I pondered a long time about, for the same reason as you did. I absolutely love it, and plan on buying more of their programs. The videos are excellent. Ryan is a great teacher, he knows how to break the stuff down into great progressions. Have you tried any of their free tutorials on the site? Check some of those out, and see if you like them.

• Like 1

Well I decided screw it, when I get paid at the end of the week imma bite the bullet and purchase this. I'll come back here and give and let you know what I think. :-D

• Like 3

So I got paid today and dropped the bomb before I had time to talk myself out of it. I decided to buy the whole damned rings program. I figured if I invest that kind of money($175) into it there is no way I'm going to let myself quit lol

So far, after skimming through the manual and watching some of the videos I am impressed. They have a high quality video of every exercise in the program with lots of pointers throughout and a video showing the entire workout for every phase of the program.

The first phase of the program is pretty simple, and almost exactly what Ihave been doing thus far minus the inverted hang which looks pretty fun, but I guess if you can't handle push ups/pull ups and dips you really can't just jump into the other moves later on.

I skipped ahead to the last video of rings 2 ( of course hehe) and that looks really fun/cool/hard as hell, and looks like something fo a long long time from now :nevreness:

All in all I can't say I'm disappointed with the purchase, now it is time to go out to the garage and get my ass handed to me!

• Like 3

Hey hwndfrnd, I've been playing with some rings for the last month, and it's been fun, although I haven't been following any sort of program at all.. a bit like you 6 weeks ago :P

So now you've had the program over a month, how are you finding it? Useful progressions? New moves you wouldn't've thought of? Have you made real progress? Is it hard/too easy to keep up with the progressions? Anything stopping you from making proper progress with this? Does it require too much/too little time?

I'm curious, because next year I might get myself GMB rings, or floor, or whatever else they have, but just like you 6 months ago, I'm hesitant to pay big do$$ars for something like this when there are plenty of free resources already available...

• Like 1

I'm taking a slight break due to shoulder pain and spending the time working out shoulder flexibility, I think I went too hard too soon cause I was having fun hehe

As far as the program goes it is definitely worth the cost, I went ahead and got the whole rings 1 and 2 package and dont regret it at all. the videos are high quality and the routine progressions are almost a necessity to acquire the more technical skills. I can't comment on the floor program but if it has the same production quality it is likely worth the cost as well

They warned in the manual about progressing too fast but I'm very stubborn and thought my shoulder strength was pretty good, alas I have been schooled but I'm going to get back in the saddle on day one of the program after I feel better and take it very slowly and try to enjoy the ride instead of jumping to moves that look fun but my body isn't ready for.

Cool, thanks for the feedback :) I'll look into it more seriously as a result!

I hope your shoulder gets fixed though... it's a shame that even when muscles get stronger at a decent rate, the joints can lag behind and there's as much you can do about it :S