KitBi12's High Wire Act

KitBi12

Greetings, fellow Rebels! Round 4 is all about balance. In the Health Triangle of employment, eating well, and exercising, I've only managed two at a time. It's time for a balancing act!

(STR) - Balance with abdominal work 2x per week (Yoga counts)

(DEX) - Work less than or equal to 50 hours per week.

(STA) - Cardio 2x per week

(CON) - Only 3x exceptions to my 'no grain' rule per week

(WIS) -  Sleep on average at least 7 hours per night.

(CHA) - 2x social engagements per week

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

Level: 6

STR 10 | DEX 10 | STA 7.5 | CON 13 | WIS 16.5 | CHA 12.5

Ch. 1 Ch. 2 Ch. 3 | Ch. 4| Ch. 5| Ch. 6Ch. 7Ch. 8

RPG Fanatics

"Make a fray of your own." - E.O. Wilson, Advice to Young Scientists

Week 1 - Early update

This week has been rough challenge-wise. I may end up working less than 50 hours (end tally of 48 hours), but I averaged 12 hour days for the first half of the week, so it isn't exactly balanced. >.> Initial validation is almost complete! Hopefully, I'll be back to working 'normal' business hours instead of morning through till midnight.  

I haven't gotten to work out this week, BUT I have met my WIS goal. :D I've mostly worked, slept, and attempted to clean my house (necessary) in preparation for this weekend's Spartan Party! 

With working, I haven't been able to cook much this week. I'm currently at my 3 grain limit, which wouldn't be a problem if it weren't a party weekend. :tongue:

I haven't had out of work social engagements this week, but the two solid days of partying in Boston should count. ;)

In other news, my new car plates arrived! XD My 'new' baby is ready to hit the road! 

Next week's goals - Spread my work out evenly so that I have time to cook and work out. 

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

RPG Fanatics

Week 2

(STR) - Balance with abdominal work 2x per week (Yoga counts) - I really wish this had happened. My muscles hate me right now. 

(DEX) - Work less than or equal to 50 hours per week. - Yes! Clocking in at 48. The tests for validation are done, but the reports. Oh, the reports. However, my time is a little easier to control until the deadline starts to loom. 

(STA) - Cardio 2x per week - *laughs* Ah, no no no.... That didn't happen. 

(CON) - Only 3x exceptions to my 'no grain' rule per week - Done! :D 

(WIS) -  Sleep on average at least 7 hours per night. - Somehow, done! :D 

(CHA) - 2x social engagements per week. - I have tutoring and volunteer work lined up for this weekend. *check* 

This week has been sort of exhausting and exhilarating. I've been charged with a number of delicate, important tasks that I'm probably not equipped to handle. I'm stumbling through it.

Hopefully, tonight is calm. Just laundry and a movie night. :)  

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

RPG Fanatics

Week 3

I went to the gym this week! With the short week at work and all of the snow, I'm surprised I managed it. It was really nice to (attempt) getting back into a routine. Only 1 cardio and 1 abdominal work out this week. I did manage some lunges today (Thank you, RPG challenge.)

I was doing well on sleep until my travel days. Then I didn't sleep, more than made up for it, and finally am updating this at 4:30 am. >.>

My grains goal died with pie crust on Thursday night. I haven't done too poorly considering the food based holidays, but I have over indulged. I'm betrayed by my fondness for root veggies. (Parsnips, why hast thou forsaken me?!)

I worked 47 hours this week, but that includes holiday time. I'm being a bit naughty by working on work projects over the holidays. >.>

Crushing being social. If 3+ family engagements with multiple families in as many days isn't social, I can't fathom what is.

Happy Thanksgiving, Rebels! Stay strong in the face of pie and potatoes. Thank you all for being you. This community is something to be thankful for.

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

RPG Fanatics

Week 4

(STR) - 1 really solid work out

(DEX) - Lololol. No, no, no. Bust.

(STA) - Super solid work out included cardio and strength

(CON) - The social outings made this one difficult. That did not happen. 

(WIS) -  I don't know if it was 7 hours per night, but I slept enough and felt well rested. 

(CHA) - Blew this out of the water! 4 social gatherings in one week. Crazy! 

The weeks leading up to Xmas will be difficult. There are a lot of work deadline encroaching and the snow makes it difficult to get out of the house for fresh food and the gym. I need to talk myself into working out at home. 

I've decided that I don't enjoy counting my food, but I'll do it for the rest of the challenge. I think my CON goals is simply a bust at this point, anyways.

I went out drinking with coworkers for the first time this week. I didn't drink, and no one cared. They were just excited to have a designated driver. :D We had a lot of fun. It's sort of surreal.  

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

RPG Fanatics

Subbed! We can do this :)

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE 2021 - is consistent

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Partaaaaaaay

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Hey, good to see you back for another challenge!!  How's it going???

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Return of the Persistent Priestess

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

Fenway was amazing! It was beyond lovely to meet you all in person. Hugs, high fives, and laughter galore! 

We need to do this again. Maybe the next time Whole Foods has a sale on chickens? :P 

Not much sleep was had over the weekend, but I've been good about trying to sleep and balancing my work load. Or at least making requests to balance it. >.> I've been eating well and have been very, very social. The exercise has been put on hold while I get everything else (house, work, car, sleep, house) back in order. I'm hoping to hit the gym later this week. I need to stretch my muscles in a bad way. (Why did my favorite yoga studio close!?) 

I'm finally starting to hit my stride. Last challenge, while my fitness goals were crumbling around me, I felt so centered. Soon after I joined NF, I'd had enough of trying so hard to be 'perfect' and getting no results. There we so many components to keep track of, so many insignificant details to stress over, so many conflicting behaviors to transform into habit, so many social constructs to adapt to, so many bits of 'me' that needed to be kept in check, that - try as I may - I couldn't keep up. I knew I had to let it go or frozen with indecision. 

So, I let it go. Watched my carefully crafted persona float away like a fragile bubble on the wind. 

I've never felt lighter. I've never had more success socially or professionally. I finally don't have a relationship with food. (It's tasty, colorful sustenance. Eating shouldn't make me feel guilty/fat/etc. It's just fun fuel.) I don't feel tied down. For the first time, I have complete control over charting my course. It's exhilarating.    

• Like 5

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

RPG Fanatics

What a great progress! Really happy for you that you were able to let go and that you are now enjoying this process more

Big hug!

And one day i'll meet you all as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Level 7 Yogini green witch

STR 3 - DEX 3 - STA 10 - CON 12 - WIS 13 - CHA 6

Previous challenges : 1 || 2 || 3 || 4 || 5 || 6|| 7 || || 9 || 10 || 11

Current challenge : august 2020

Mantra : I am calm, I am love

High five! That's terrific :)

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

So I'm reasonably sure you're not in an area buried under crazy snow right now. If you are, be safe. If not, hooray! Happy end of week 2. :)

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I averaged about 1 workout (cardio and abs) per week, and will assign one point to STR and but only 0.5 to STA. Due to mistakes with my CON challenge (did not do well on this, 0 points), I don’t think I did enough cardio to combat my errors in diet. No real gains.

I’ve been doing far more desk work than lab work this challenge. It means that I can take walks for breaks, but it also frees me up to snack as I write reports. :/ My planned strategy for this is to bring some raw veggies to work at the beginning of the week and nosh on those if I’m stressed. Filling, healthy, and plenty of crunch. I haven’t had any days where I work both the day and night shift, but I have worked (e.g., 16 hours days followed by an 8 hours) some long, unbalanced days. DEX – 2.0

I slept! I slept this challenge! I’ve been busy and not eating as well as possible, but I’m not run down. My house is under control; my job is secure; I’m not constantly living in a sleep fog. 2.5 for WIS.

I’ve been highly social this challenge and tried a lot of new things. I traveled solo to meet a group of scary strangers (awesome, lovely Nerds); went drinking with coworkers; went dancing at a bar; successfully attended a large, loud holiday party; traveled with friends; and managed to engage a social group which previously made me extremely nervous and shy. CHA 2.5

I feel like I’ve earned the points, but I don’t believe I’ve leveled up. This challenge was about adapting and getting my feet on the ground. I managed but didn’t excel.

RPG Fanatics mini-challenges: SMART Goals (+1 WIS)

Challenge 4 beginning: STR 6 | DEX 7 | STA 3 | CON 9 | WIS 6 | CHA 10

Challenge 4 end: STR 7 | DEX 9 | STA 3.5 | CON 9 | WIS 9.5 | CHA 12.5

Staying at Level 4.

• Like 2

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

RPG Fanatics