• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ANYONE LISTENING?? ANYONE?!

Wow? Wait! I am! I see you and raise you a big mug of green tea. Neaahaaaaahaaaaw

This message was convincingly brought to you by,"my imaginative brain", co-produced by "my nimble but bulbous fingers".

We do need a challenge, I think.  Anyone wanna come up with one?  

Also, green tea sounds pretty damn good right about now...

• Like 1

We do need a challenge, I think. Anyone wanna come up with one?

Yes, I agree with you. Something fun! Like, a running or something challenge? Or, planks?! O:

Idk

You want green tea, yes? I want to drink milk with chocolate, yummmmmm

This message was convincingly brought to you by,"my imaginative brain", co-produced by "my nimble but bulbous fingers".

• Like 1

Howdy, Brigade! How's everyone doing on this lovely November Friday?

I just came back from my osteo appointment, which means no exercise for the next three days. Glad that I already did the MMV and handstand practice this morning. So for the rest of the weekend (yes, my weekend starts on Friday) that part of my goals will be on hold. :(

And for the Musical shindig: Count me in!

i-cant-dance-but-im-enthusiastic.jpg

What does the report say?

• Like 1

I just came back from my osteo appointment, which means no exercise for the next three days. Glad that I already did the MMV and handstand practice this morning. So for the rest of the weekend (yes, my weekend starts on Friday) that part of my goals will be on hold. :(

It is important to take rest and care of your body when needed.  But be proud! When you look sadly at three days of no exercises, you know you've built up some good habits

• Like 2

NO running...but planks would be awesome!

How about a jumping rope challenge? EH?EHHHH?

• Like 1

how about wall planks? huh? HUH??

WHAT EVEN? I can't even plank right and you go throwing these, "terms" around

But seriously, what's a plank on the wall?

• Like 1

I lack access to a jump rope so would prefer something more body-weight-centric.

How about a Kung Fu challenge but only because I'd win!   :playful:  (though honestly a horse stance challenge is simple to do and works them leg muscles).

• Like 2

OR. OR. OR. something for the back muscles?

• Like 1

I'm sorry you can't work out Swampling :(

But hey, taking it easy will help you move forward. No use in hurting yourself :rapture:

So rest up, and get yourself ready to kick some ass once these three days are up :D

We do need a challenge, I think.  Anyone wanna come up with one?  

Yes, I agree with you. Something fun! Like, a running or something challenge? Or, planks?! O:

Idk

You want green tea, yes? I want to drink milk with chocolate, yummmmmm

Ha ha, alright, I'll get the weekly Mini-Challenges back up and running again this challenge :lol:

Just give me a bit, I'm traveling to Newport again (I'll explain in my thread later), and so I won't be able to post anything for a while today.

I'll be back here, once I get down there! But for now, I'm off :onthego:

• Like 1

I'd love something for the core muscles at least - I'm not married to the plank idea, but for the love of all that is holy can we NOT do situps. Ugh!

Will, what say you, have you planned any official challenges? If we have one ready tomorrow we can all start on Monday and make it a week 2 challenge?

• Like 1

Will, what say you, have you planned any official challenges? If we have one ready tomorrow we can all start on Monday and make it a week 2 challenge?

Yeah, I've got an idea of what to do for a Mini-challenge :rapture:

Nobody here can seem to agree on what exercises they would want to do, but I think I might have a way to satisfy everybody's exercise needs :eagerness:

Stay tuned for more... :D

• Like 3

I'd love something for the core muscles at least - I'm not married to the plank idea, but for the love of all that is holy can we NOT do situps. Ugh!

What say you. Such fancy-ness in one sentence~ WOOOT

• Like 1

Nobody here can seem to agree on what exercises they would want to do, but I think I might have a way to satisfy everybody's exercise needs :eagerness:

Stay tuned for more... :D

As long as we have fun! I am down~

• Like 2

Yep, good luck getting us all to do the same thing... though I think push ups do usually work for everyone, given the variety of them. I'd certainly be happy if I got to do extra pull ups though ;)

As long as we have fun! I am down~

I second this!

So much thirding was just had!

Also looks like I have a new thread to go poke at... <insert mystery>

• Like 2

(the very late into to...)

= WEEK ONE =

NEW TRAINING

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(Continuing on from where the last challenge’s story left off…)

As the helicopter lands, a small city, bathed in the glow of the setting sun, stretches out before The Brigade. Once again, they’ve made it back home, to NerdFitness’ Rebellion HQ.

Following The Brigade off the helicopter, Will hops onto the ground, stretching his arms.

“Ahh, it’s good to be back, heh heh.â€

“Hmph, well, I’m glad you’re all safe. Good work all!â€

Turning around, The Brigade is met with a silhouette of a woman against the setting sun. Walking out of the light, she reveals herself: standing strong and tall, she looks at The Brigade with her blue eyes, blond hip-length hair blowing slightly in the wind; adorned with red sweatpants, and a red and gray hoodie with a large NF logo on the left chest.

Smiling, she approaches the group.

“Miss me?â€

“Commander!†The Brigade shouts.

“Looks like another successful Challenge. This is what, the ninth one you’ve all done so far?â€

“At least it is for Ash and Swampling!†Will adds.

“I meant for the group.â€

“Oh, ehh, yeah kinda. So, how’d your mission go? Did you take care of the Guardians?â€

“Yeah, my team and I took care of all that stuff, but we can talk about that later. Anyway, listen, I know you’re all tired, so Hansjay, go show the new members to their rooms. Co-leaders, follow me.â€

As Hansjay leads the rest of The Brigade down to the main hall, Swampling, Ash, and Will follow behind the Commander. Arriving to the Commander’s office, she sits the three of them down and begins to talk.

“Alright, well, it looks like you three are doing well so far. This last Challenge you didn’t even need my help, I’m glad. You’re growing.â€

“Growing enough to get promoted…?†Will, leaning in, asks.

“Maybe… maybe not quite yet…â€

“What!?†The three of them yell.

“Aww, come on! We’re tired of just simple Challenges!†Will says. “I’ve seen this team grow before my eyes. I KNOW we’re strong enough to move up to D-Class! All this simple, newbie level ‘screwing around with The Empire by running over their land’ stuff won’t cut it! We need more important missions! That’s why we’re a part of NF! We want to make a difference!â€

“I understand that, I really do,†the Commander adds, “But I don’t want to send you all out before you’re ready.â€

“Yeah, but we’re Hero’s group, THE DAI-GURREN BRIGADE!!! I know we’ve got what it takes!†Will rebuttals. “Besides, we passed the threshold for promotion from E to D-Class four Challenges ago. Please, just believe in us like Hero did.â€

“Will!†Ash says back.

“Ehh…!†sinking back into his chair, Will lowers his head. “… I… I’m sorry… I went too far…â€

“… No… no you’re right.†The Commander softly says back.

Turning around, she goes over to her shelf and grabs two small boxes.

“Here,†she says, “Your team’s earned them.â€

“Force Gems!?†the three of them say.

“Yep! All groups who’ve made it to D-Class earn them. These little magic gems power everything in the world, and now you get to use them! Congratulations Team Dai-Gurren, you’ve made it to D-Class!â€

As the three of them play with the golden triangular gems, the Commander looks softly at them with a smile.

“Alright then, you three know what’s next, right?â€

“Training?†the three of them ask.

“Hell yeah! I’m gona’ teach you how to attack, defend, and heal with those little things! So hand those out to the rest of your team, and rest up, `cause tomorrow we start!!!â€

• Like 1

= WEEK TWO =

CITY IN PERIL

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

After training for a week, the members of The Brigade begin to get a handle on the basics of fighting with Force Gems.

“Alright, come at me!†Cinalyc yells.

Charging forward, Will slashes at him with his Force Gem charged sparing blade. Dodging every attack, Cinalyc counters Will, pushing him back.

“Gahh!†Will yells as he slides back, across the floor.

“Come on man, you’ll have to do better than that!†Cinalyc says.

Slowly getting back up, Will envelopes himself in a blue-white light, healing himself with his Force Gem. As the light fades, he looks back up at Cinalyc.

“Heh, alright!â€

Reaching to his bow, Will shoots a smoke-bomb tipped arrow at Cinalyc. Quickly, Cinalyc puts up his Force Gem shield, surrounding himself in a semi-transparent red sphere. Hitting the shield, the smoke-bomb arrow explodes, covering the area in a light gray fog.

“Alright, where’d he-â€

“Haa!†Will yells as he jumps through the smoke, knocking Cinalyc back with a swipe of his blade.

“Gah!†Cinalyc yells as he skids back, blocking the attack.

The shield around him grows slightly smaller and lighter in color.

“Heh, better, but you know it’ll take more than that to break this shield.â€

Griping his sword with both his hands, Will readies his stance.

“Hell yeah! Let’s go!!!â€

“Hey you two!â€

Cinalyc and Will look across the sparing room, over to the open doorway.

“Bianca?†Will says. “Hey, what’s up!â€

“The Commander sent me to go get everyone.†BiancaBlack responds. “She’s got a Mission for us!â€

“Alright!†Will exclaims. “Come on Cinalyc, let’s go get everybody!â€

“Ok!†Cinalyc responds.

--

After gathering everyone, The Brigade gathers in the Central Control Room. The commander stands at the front of the room, in front of a large screen used for briefing teams before missions.

“Alright, let’s get down to business.†the Commander says. “For your first Mission, You’ll be sent to South City… which is north of here, oddly enough. Anyway, the mining company there has gotten a new batch of Force Gems dug up, and is willing to give us some for free, in exchange for my team’s last Mission there. Your job is to pick it up, and bring it here. Remember, South City is within the ‘World Wide National Alliance’s’ territory; otherwise known as the ‘WWNA’. We might fight the Empire for the same reasons, but we’re not officially aligned with them, because, as you might already know, they don’t always approve of our… methods. So be polite, we want to continue good relations with them.â€

“Alright! When do we ship out?†Will asks.

“In two hours. So get-â€

*A-WOOOOOOO, A-WOOOOOOO*

A large red “warning†text flashes at the bottom of the screen, as a video feed pops up. A heavyset man, with a scruffy beard shows up in the video window.

“Hello! Hello, can anyone hear me!?†He asks frantically.

“Yes, we can hear and see you! What’s the problem?†The Commander responds.

“Ahh, there you are! Are you the girl from before!? The- the one that cleared out our mine?â€

“Yes, is something wrong? You seem to be-â€

*KA-BOOM*

An explosion fires in the distance, rattling the camera, and sending static across the screen.

“Ahh- ahh! P-Pu-Please, we need help!†The man in the video pleads.

“Of course, but please, tell me what’s going on!â€

“I-I-I don’t know! I think some of my workers mu-might have messed with those Guardian things you guys took out. Some humanoid, some monster like! Th-th-they’re running amuck everywhere! PLEASE!!!â€

“Damn it! I told them not to touch them until we returned with the supplies to fully disarm them! We’ll be over right away! Please, get to safety, and stay on the line, I’ll have one of our Emergency Staff guide you on where to go!â€

As the Commander transfers the call, she looks down at her bandaged right hand, rage in her eyes.

“No… not again…†she mutters as she clenches her fist. “Alright, I’ll go alert my team, you all stay here!â€

“No!†Will shouts as he gets up. “We’re coming with you!â€

“…â€

“We can help…â€

“…â€

“And you know we won’t just sit on our asses after seeing that!â€

“…Fine. But you all focus on rescuing people, alright!? If you can avoid it, do NOT engage the Guardians, GOT IT!!!?â€

“Yes mam!†The Brigade responds.

“This is at least a C-Class Mission, remember that! You’ve all JUST made it to D-Class, so be VERY careful! I wouldn’t want any of you to get hurt, alright…â€

Turning around, she begins to type away at the computer, getting a ride ready for us.

“It’s a fifteen minute drive from here. Everyone, gather any, and all supplies you need! We leave in three minutes! GO!!!â€

--

(Week Two Music)

Arriving at the edge of the city, we see that the WWNA’s forces have been able to keep the Guardians at bay, but are slowly starting to loose. As the car comes to a stop, The Brigade and the Commander quickly hop out.

“Tiffany!â€

The Commander turns her head.

“There you are, the rest of the group is waiting for you!†a tall and strong man says.

“Alright!†the Commander responds. Turning back to us, she issues one more statement: “Listen, my team and I will take care of the bigger threats, and drive them out of the City! Search for, and rescue anyone who’s been hurt! Got it!?â€

“Yes mam!†The Brigade responds.

“Alright, keep in touch over the communication system, don’t do anything stupid, and stay alive! Let’s GO!!!â€

As the Commander’s group rushes to the city, the Brigade heads forward as well.

“Alright Brigade, these people need help! Let’s GO!!!†Ash yells, leading the way forward.

--

--

Mini-Challenge: Fight our way through the Guardians to the city!!!

Ok, so the way this works is simple. If you’ve ever played a turn based RPG, this should feel familiar. We fight monsters over the course of this week. They have a set amount of HP, as do we. Any exercises listed here (that are done apart from the workout you already do), count towards attacking, defending (only planks defend), or healing (some exercises do more in respective fields). To choose, just say what you want it count towards when you list the exercise on the thread.

Each day, the opponents we fight do a set amount of damage, which can be blocked with defending, or healed with healing. If we lower their HP to zero, we move on. If they lower our HP to zero… well, I don’t know, I’ll have to think something up for that.

-

• Enemy HP: 270
    • Attack: 50 every day
  • Our HP: 900 (one-hundred for each of us [it’s combined though, so don’t worry about individual HP or anything])
    • Our available moves:
      • Push-ups
        • Regular / knee
          • Times 1 for every rep
        • Decline
          • Times 2 for every rep
        • One handed
          • Times 3 for every rep
      • Pull-ups
        • Times 3 for every rep
      • Chin-ups
        • Times 3 for every rep
      • Planks
        • Used for defense and healing only
          • Times 2 for every 10 seconds for defense (i.e. 1min. get you 12 defense)
          • Times 2 for every 10 seconds for healing (i.e. 1min. gets you 12 healing)
      • Running
        • Times 1 for every minute

We need to dish out 30 attack for each of us over the course of this week. I’ll do my best to pick up any stuff left over, come weeks end, but 30 for each one of us is what we should aim for.

And since we’re helping people out in the story, we might as well in real life as well! So here’s…

Mini-Challenge 2: Go around to three people NOT in The Brigade, and cheer them on!

--

Alright, let’s DO THIS!!!

• Like 2

Bwahahaha that was awesome. Clearly we need to spar some more. No matching scars like Squall and Seifer?!

Each day, the opponents we fight do a set amount of damage, which can be blocked with defending, or healed with healing. If we lower their HP to zero, we move on. If they lower our HP to zero… well, I don’t know, I’ll have to think something up for that.

Huh, our HP to zero?

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE?

• Planks
      • Times 2 for every second for defense
      • Times 1 for every second for healing

So wait, a 25 second plank nullifies all enemy damage for the day? You sure you don't want those to be per minutes or 30 seconds? Or enemy attacks for 130/day?  ;) Mini-challenge needs moar challenge, me thinks! I might be overthinking this...

• Like 3

Bwahahaha that was awesome. Clearly we need to spar some more. No matching scars like Squall and Seifer?!

I'm up for more sparing :tyrannosaurus:

And matching scars would be quite epic :D

But I'm glad you like the way it was written. If anyone wants to add in stuff that they would say or do, feel free to, and I can add it in :rapture:

Huh, our HP to zero?

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE?

Not people who loose all their HP, that's who! :triumphant:

So wait, a 25 second plank nullifies all enemy damage for the day? You sure you don't want those to be per minutes or 30 seconds? Or enemy attacks for 130/day?  ;) Mini-challenge needs moar challenge, me thinks! I might be overthinking this...

Yeah, you're probably right. I'll change that :eagerness:

• Like 1

OMG! I have a small part (next stop, Hollywood!)

Wait? Running does what now?!

• Like 2

• Push-ups
        • Regular / knee
          • Times 1 for every rep
      • Planks
          • Times 2 for every 10 seconds for defense (i.e. 1min. get you 12 defense)
          • Times 2 for every 10 seconds for healing (i.e. 1min. gets you 12 healing)

So for Kung Fu we often do pushups where we hang out floating inches from the ground, so would that count for pushups and planks!  If so then I'm like multi-classing!

• Like 2