• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hey! Hope you don't mind me joining a little late? :D Loving the energy, and the music (oh my god the music! <3) And ready to rock this challenge!

Nope! Not at all! Welcome, my friend! Glad to have you!

This message was convincingly brought to you by,"my imaginative brain", co-produced by "my nimble but bulbous fingers".

• Like 2

OMG! I have a small part (next stop, Hollywood!)

Wait? Running does what now?!

*puts right arm over Hansjay's shoulders, reaches out with left and points to the sky*

Hans, you ain't just goin' to Hollywood... You're gona' be... A STAR! :victorious:

You can attack and heal by running :rapture:

One minute gets you one point that you can allocate to either attacking or healing (i.e. 15min. run gets you an attack with 15 points of damage, or a healing spell with 15 points for healing)

But remember, only full minutes count; so if you got in a 15 and 1/2 minute run, it counts for 15 points :eagerness:

So for Kung Fu we often do pushups where we hang out floating inches from the ground, so would that count for pushups and planks!  If so then I'm like multi-classing!

That'd be awesome; you can totally do that!

It'd be like a shield bash!

How about it counts for half defending, and half attacking/healing (depending on what you want it to do) :rapture:

Hey! Hope you don't mind me joining a little late? Loving the energy, and the music (oh my god the music! <3) And ready to rock this challenge! 

*ahem*

:triumphant: :triumphant:Welcome Marenki!!! :triumphant: :triumphant:

You're more than welcome to join! Glad to have you here :D

And I'm glad you like the music. More is on the way in the coming weeks!

Now let's rock this challenge, and KICK SOME ASS!!! :triumphant:

• Like 3

*puts right arm over Hansjay's shoulders, reaches out with left and points to the sky*

Hans, you ain't just goin' to Hollywood... You're gona' be... A STAR! :victorious:

You can attack and heal by running :rapture:

One minute gets you one point that you can allocate to either attacking or healing (i.e. 15min. run gets you an attack with 15 points of damage, or a healing spell with 15 points for healing)

But remember, only full minutes count; so if you got in a 15 and 1/2 minute run, it counts for 15 points :eagerness:

-giggles with excitement- I WILL WALK LIKE I HAVE NEVER WALKED BEFORE! I will show our HQ like the Angelina Jolie I am xD

I am making myself laugh

This message was convincingly brought to you by,"my imaginative brain", co-produced by "my nimble but bulbous fingers".

• Like 2

Hey! Hope you don't mind me joining a little late? :D Loving the energy, and the music (oh my god the music! <3) And ready to rock this challenge! 

Bwahaha. Welcome! And yes, oh god the music. I didn't even notice when I read it through the first time. You're already making a positive impact here. Will should clearly make the music link more obvious ;)

• Like 2

Whooooo hoooooo we got us another newbie! :triumphant: :triumphant:

WELCOME WELCOME Marenki! 

Happy to have you aboard! 

And another awesome mini challenge Will! :D

I'm definitely in for push ups. But, I think I might prefer torture to planks. :P

• Like 2

Will should clearly make the music link more obvious ;)

Fixed! I made it huge, should be hard to miss now :tongue:

And I'll keep that in mind with the future Week Into/Mini-challenge thingies :rapture:

Whooooo hoooooo we got us another newbie!

WELCOME WELCOME Marenki! 

Happy to have you aboard! 

And another awesome mini challenge Will! :D

I'm definitely in for push ups. But, I think I might prefer torture to planks. :tongue:

Thanks, I'm glad you like it :D

We could always just go through all of our fights, guard down, constantly healing; that way no one would have to do planks :lol:

It'd be dangerous, but doable (well, for now; the fights will get harder later on, but not any time soon, so don't worry :pride:)

OH. I almost forgot. I did 5 pull ups this morning outside of my workout. That's +15 damage ;) boom shakalaka.

Woo! Alright! :D

I WANT TO DO PLANKS and RUNNING. AND. UMMM. Push-ups (idk, I am not sure about that because I want to challenge my body but don't want to die~)

• Like 1

I WANT TO DO PLANKS and RUNNING. AND. UMMM. Push-ups (idk, I am not sure about that because I want to challenge my body but don't want to die~)

You could start with wall push-ups or counter push-ups - whatever level your wrists and arms can support you. ?

• Like 1

Alright, so aside from today's PLP, I did 20 one handed Push-ups: 10 with my left, 10 with my right.

I'll allocate half to attack and half to healing.

• Attack: 30
  • Healing: 30 HP
  • Like 1

Alright, so here's what I've done so far.  

Yesterday: 5 minutes of Wall Planks: 24 defense, 36 Healing

Today: 40 Pushups ---> 40 Attack

2 Minutes regular planks ---> 12 Defense, 12 Healing

30 Assisted Chin-ups (Not sure if these count or not.  Someone will need to let me know)

In all, the past two days, 40 Attack, 36 Defense, 48 Healing.  If my math works out, that is...If my math is off, please let me know.

• Like 2

Counting both today and yesterday of activities:-

40 min run on Wednesday: 40 Heal.

36 min run today: 36 Attack

Plank today:-

32 sec:- 8 Defense??

30 sec:- 8 Defense??

Do wall push-ups count??

If so then, I managed to do 5-6 knee push-ups (6 Attack?)yesterday and 20-30 wall-push-ups today and yesterday :/

• Like 4

Awesome job, Hansjay!!  I would think wall-push ups count, but don't know.  I'm still waiting to see if my assisted chin-ups counted yesterday...

Lord knows they seem to count on my arms....OUCH!!

• Like 1

From my Kung Fu class

• 35 Pushups                 = 35 attack
  • 75 seconds of planks  = 7 defense, 7 healing
  • 3 minutes of jogging    = 3 attack

And how come my Kung Fu punches and kicks don't the monster?  :playful:

Yesterdays total:  38 attack, 7 defense, 7 healing

• Like 2

Awesome job, Hansjay!! I would think wall-push ups count, but don't know. I'm still waiting to see if my assisted chin-ups counted yesterday...

Lord knows they seem to count on my arms....OUCH!!

Wall planks? How you do that?

• Like 1

Alright, so here's what I've done so far.  

Yesterday: 5 minutes of Wall Planks: 24 defense, 36 Healing

Today: 40 Pushups ---> 40 Attack

2 Minutes regular planks ---> 12 Defense, 12 Healing

30 Assisted Chin-ups (Not sure if these count or not.  Someone will need to let me know)

In all, the past two days, 40 Attack, 36 Defense, 48 Healing.  If my math works out, that is...If my math is off, please let me know.

Sure, assisted pull-ups count. But I'm not sure on the multiplier it should be assigned; see, I'm using Push-ups as the benchmark (with 1 as the multiplier), and things that are more difficult are given a higher multiplier (with exceptions, like planks, so there's more incentive to do them :tongue:). Would you say that the assisted Chin-ups are more difficult than Push-ups (so it'd get a x2 [60 Attack in this case]), or about the same (x1 [30 Attack])?

Counting both today and yesterday of activities:-

40 min run on Wednesday: 40 Heal.

36 min run today: 36 Attack

Plank today:-

32 sec:- 8 Defense??

30 sec:- 8 Defense??

Do wall push-ups count??

If so then, I managed to do 5-6 knee push-ups (6 Attack?)yesterday and 20-30 wall-push-ups today and yesterday :/

Sure as well! Wall Push-ups are multiplied by 0.5, rounded up to the nearest whole number. So 30 Wall Push-ups would be 15 Attack :rapture:

--

Alright, so on Thursday (or, yesterday... whatever :tongue:), after PLP 79, I went on a 41min. run, with walking breaks every so often. The 41min. was the time I spent running, because I stopped the watch every time I walked.

so for that...

• Attack: 41

--

Hey, so, I was wondering, after witnessing this RPG-game-thingie we've started, I've realized it gets a little bit confusing if we have the enemy attack every day. What's one person's today can be another person's yesterday here (due to time zones), so when someone says the did X amount of things, it can be a bit confusing if that's for today, or yesterday, or whatever, because the time stamps aren't consistent (I've looked on the forums before, when I'm not logged in, and comments that I've made in the evening are shown as posted far after midnight for some reason) EDIT: ignore the last part, the time stamps are consistent, I wasn't thinking :lol:

So I wanted to ask you all this, would you rather have me still give the base Attack of the enemy(s), multiply it by 7 (you know, for each day of the week), and do all the math stuff on Sunday (so in essence, we could forget about the "every day we're attacked" thing, and just focus on blocking enough, healing enough, and attacking enough by the end of the week [like the last challenge]); or still have the "attacked every day" thing, and just have everybody also post what day they did the stuff (ex: On Wednesday I did X number of Y exercises...).

Option 1 is definitely easier, and option 2 keeps what we've got going right now (we just need to be more specific on what days we did what).

What do you all think?

• Like 1

I'm too exhausted to respond to this as a whole, but the time you see is determined by the time zone that you set in your preferences. Every actual time is recorded using UTC, so they are consistent when viewed for any given timezone.

I do like the week idea, but you should probably still specify a time-zone cut-off or something. :o Maybe that's too complicated. ROAR.

EDIT: I also did extra pull-ups earlier today. I think 5. :o I don't really remember! It's Friday here.

• Like 2

I'm too exhausted to respond to this as a whole, but the time you see is determined by the time zone that you set in your preferences. Every actual time is recorded using UTC, so they are consistent when viewed for any given timezone.

Yeah, I guess I didn't write that part right (re-reading it, what I said, was not was I was thinking).

Let me try and rephrase it: the time stamp is consistent for me while I'm logged in, but I wasn't sure if the cut off time for when our daily actions are tallied should be when my day ends (i.e. the current days actions are tallied up before I go to bed, because I'm assuming I'm the furthest west of all of us [unless someone here currently lives closer to the International Date Line, which would have to be islands in the Pacific, or Alaska]).

You know, now that I type this up, I feel like I've solved my own problem...

Regardless, I'll still leave this open for debate :tongue:

I do like the week idea, but you should probably still specify a time-zone cut-off or something. :o Maybe that's too complicated. ROAR.

EDIT: I also did extra pull-ups earlier today. I think 5. :o I don't really remember! It's Friday here.

The Week thing would be easier. I guess the cut off time could be... whatever time it is here when it's midnight at the IDL. I don't know when that is of the top of my head, so I'll have to go research that, and do some math or something. Or just Monday of the next week; that could work as well :rapture:

And woohoo for Pull-ups! It's Friday here as well (the waning end of Friday, but whatever :tongue:)

Yep! Option 1 seems fair too!

• Like 1