Lairpie vs the world

2014-11-08: Ultimate Frisbee tourney Day 1. Not as much running as it normally is because we had quite a few subs, but still quite a bit. Then I think I walked a mile or two bouncing the baby who would not tolerate anything else.

Level 4 Lycan Warrior

Challenges: 4-Warrior, 3-Assassin, 2-Adventurer, 1-Recruit

Battlelog

Go ahead and laugh all you want to, I got my philosophy and I trust it like the ground. That's why my philosophy keeps me walking when I'm falling down -Ben Fold's Five "Philosophy"

2014-11-10: 

Ultimate Summer League. Ran hard and played all but maybe 5 points.

Day 1 of the Armstrong pull-up program. Mildly humbled by actually keeping good form. May swap to the beginner program in terms of resting in between. We'll see how my arms feel tomorrow.

63 push-ups

11 chin-ups

Started tracking food on MFP, which I'll try and stick with for a week or two. That's a lot of work. Had to keep eating to try and be anywhere close to the targets.

Level 4 Lycan Warrior

Battlelog

Go ahead and laugh all you want to, I got my philosophy and I trust it like the ground. That's why my philosophy keeps me walking when I'm falling down -Ben Fold's Five "Philosophy"

2014-11-11 (posting late) - 10 miles of biking, no str training. only 30 calories over the target for a 2 lb a week loss. Getting better at estimating food intakes to where i won't bother tracking.

2014-11-12 - 66 push-ups, 13 chin-ups, 2 60sec planks. 10 miles of biking. Doing a timed mile run tonight.

Level 4 Lycan Warrior

Battlelog

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/56094-lairpies-next-step/#entry1279022

Ran my mile, failed to time it. Right on calorie goals counting the smoothie I'm about to make.

Level 4 Lycan Warrior

Battlelog

2014-11-14 5 pull-ups (in a row, but one was pretty terrible for form, but still, progress) then swapped to chin-ups after that and did 20 (not in a row, obviously). 60 pushups. 3 70 second planks. 1 mile run. 1/2 mile walk.

Level 4 Lycan Warrior

Battlelog

2014-11-15 - skipped ultimate, did a 1 mile walk, ate way too much because we were having an early thanksgiving and i was ambushed by pies. Need a strategy for defeating future pie attacks.

2014-11-16 - walked about a mile with the puppy. did a bunch of pull-ups and chin-ups while we were leveling in wow whenever we were on flight paths or I could follow shannon for a while, lost track how many.

2014-11-17 - Ultimate Fall League Finals. Much running will be done and when we go out for a late dinner afterwards, I will be sticking to what my phone tells me i can eat.

Level 4 Lycan Warrior

Battlelog

2014-11-18 - Did sets of 3 chinups or pullups throughout the day. only 1 set of pushups though. Walked to the dentist to get a wisdom tooth out which sucks.

Level 4 Lycan Warrior

Battlelog

2014-11-19 - no strength training, 10.5 miles of biking, and about 1/2 a mile of chasing my dog after she got loose.

Level 4 Lycan Warrior

Battlelog

2014-11-21 Ran a timed mile @ 7:40 (well, a roughly a mile, not quite flat course, i think its slightly over, but it's what i'm using to compare). biked 5 miles

2014-11-22 Spent 7am - 4pm either canoeing (a lot of it pretty strenuously, trying to make our take out time against a strong headwind) or hiking up canyons with lots of mild bouldering, carrying the baby. Did some pull-ups and chin-ups when i got home. Very glad I've been working on upper body strength or that canoeing would have been a lot harder.

Level 4 Lycan Warrior

Battlelog

2014-11-23 Hiked 1.25 miles on a decently up and down trail carrying the baby and about 30 pounds of water (intentionally brought extra for more exercise).

Level 4 Lycan Warrior

Battlelog

2014-11-24 Walked about 1.5 miles with the dog and baby. Did a bunch of pullups but no other strength training. Doing T/Th strength training this week so i can use that thanksgiving dinner for something.

Level 4 Lycan Warrior

Battlelog

2014-11-25 some bodyweight circuits, but for the leg exercises, held a 50lb weight too. Walked about 3 miles to the store and back carrying the kid.

2014-11-26 walked a mile

2014-11-27 lots of pullups, a few pushups, played in a mini ultimate tournament, did a 1 mile run

Level 4 Lycan Warrior

Battlelog

2014-11-29 Did 1 set of my new temporary bodyweight+ workout then was tired (starting to get sick) so i decided to go to bed. I really need to work out earlier.

Played ultimate for a couple hours

Walked ~1.5 miles. Biked 3 miles

Push-ups - 20

Squats - 20 with a 50lb weight
Deadlifts - 20 with a 50lb weight
Pull-ups - 7
Calf raises - 20 with a 50lb weight
Lunges - 20 - with a 50lb weight
Planks - 90s
Chin-ups - 4

2014-11-30
walked 1.25 miles

Level 4 Lycan Warrior

Battlelog

2014-12-01

Push-ups - 20x3

Squats - 20x3 with a 50lb weight

Deadlifts - 20x3 with a 50lb weight

Pull-ups - 7,4,4

Calf raises - 20x3 each leg with a 50lb weight

Lunges - 20x3 - with a 50lb weight

Chin-ups - 7,5,5

Planks - 90s x3

And a 1 mile walk

Level 4 Lycan Warrior

Battlelog

2014-12-02 - walked probably around a mile. Didn't go for the bike ride i had planned though cause even in las vegas it rains once in a while. Also, went over my food goals by more than a couple grams for the second time, and like, was really dumb why too. On the plus side, I'm going to do a ton of walking and working out the next couple days at our Nerd Fitness team planning meeting hoofing it around downtown.

Level 4 Lycan Warrior

Battlelog

2014-12-04 Walked a lot and did some bodyweight stuff in my hotel room. Attempted to go to the gym but was thwarted.

2014-12-05

Push-ups - 20x3
Squats - 20x3 with a 50lb weight
Deadlifts - 20x2 with a 50lb weight
Pull-ups - 8,4,4
Calf raises - 20 each leg with a 50lb weight
Lunges - 20x3 - with a 50lb weight for the first two (left quad was feeling funny so I did it w/o the weight for the 3rd set)
Chin-ups - 6,6,4
Planks - 90,90,60

2014-12-06
Ultimate and a brief sprinting session afterwards

2014-12-07
Walked

2014-12-08
Failed to workout in the morning again so did it in the evening and was falling asleep.
Did the Academy Bodyweight 5A workout except i did fewer pullups and dips.

Level 4 Lycan Warrior

Battlelog

2014-12-10 - Academy BW 5B with some extra pull-ups later since that's one of my big goals for right now. Took a 30 minute, fairly fast paced dog walk.

Level 4 Lycan Warrior

Battlelog