• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

cromana

Cromana brings out her dark side

Winter is coming! With the dark nights pulling in and temperatures dropping, my assassin-y side is coming to the fore.

post-24191-0-85558400-1415446528_thumb.j

Time to train in the darkness to emerge next year unrecognizable.

Main Long Term Quest is to lose weight and generally get fit and healthy. I track it in my signature.

Goal 1: An assassin has to be able to rely on their body to do what it's told!

I have issues with knee strength partly from being overweight so long, partly from some genetic risk factors. It's time to kick them into gear, strengthen those muscles and know that when I'm out stalking the next mark that my knees are on my side and not gonna give out at inopportune times...

• 20 Lunges and 20 Squats, 5 days a week (STR)

Goal 2: An assassin needs to be able to fight!

I've previously been to Body Combat classes at the gym and loved them. Combat style moves to music as a workout. I want to continue this on my own, until I can find a suitable regular class I can make it to.

• 20 mins Body Combat style workout, 3 times a week (STA, DEX)

Goal 3: An assassin needs to be able to avoid traps no matter how good they look...

Ok, I hold my hands up, pumpkin spice latte season seduced me :( I dread to think how much money I spent on that drink every morning at the train station... Now the dreaded PSL has left on it's year long vacation, its time I learned to resist the call of flavored syrup and whipped cream with its caffeinated pick me up.

• Limit my coffee's to only 1 sugar 
  • Limit of 1 medium starbucks per week. (CON)

Life Goal:

This is a split goal, as I have 2 things I want to address but they have to be done in order, not at the same time due to time and money restrictions. If all goes well, one goal should be complete well before the end of the challenge so I have a secondary goal to start on afterwards. 

Part One is to get mobile by driving! All good assassins need transport! My driving test is actually today, so if I pass the goals will be to get a car and on the road properly with 2-3 weeks of travel to and from work without incident and managing money. If I don't pass, the goal will be to resit and pass the darn test. (WIS)

Part Two, if all goes well with driving and no major fuel cost hiccups, my goal is to have more fun. For so long it feels like I've been so responsible with my money to cover huge commuting train fares, which also suck huge amounts of time out of my week, that I haven't done much just for fun. So the goal is to do 1 thing a week I wouldn't previously have done. Maybe go to the cinema. Maybe drive to visit a friend in another town. I've been meaning to explore some new clothing styles and need to go shopping. Maybe just have a gaming session with friends. (CHA)

I'd love to see what kind of body combat workout you get up to! Because I'd like to steal and copy :D 

How did your driving test go!? I personally find it a lot of fun to drive around with good music, sing at the top of your lungs and dance in your seat - can't do that in public transport! (at least not if you don't want to be thrown off the train!)

I'd love to see what kind of body combat workout you get up to! Because I'd like to steal and copy :D

Nothing special! I bung some Prodigy or something on the CD player and see how the song sounds :)

Basic moves the gym class had were light and harder jab type punches, left/right hooks, kicks to each direction, knee ups (quote instructor: "imagine kneeing someone you don't like in the face"), using an imaginary one of those speed punch bag things(?). On the spot running and jumping jacks usually featured as well. Doing about half a track with the right side dominant and then switch, so left left right jabs, would become right right left etc.  It's good fun with good music to time it to :)

How did your driving test go!? I personally find it a lot of fun to drive around with good music, sing at the top of your lungs and dance in your seat - can't do that in public transport! (at least not if you don't want to be thrown off the train!)

I failed my driving test again :( I completely screwed up the maneuver which they did right at the start of the test - reverse into a parking bay. Hit the curb and everything, d'oh! Other than that though I aced the rest of the test so my general driving is fine ! >_< Now I have to wait 2 weeks before I can resit it. Got another lesson booked for the weekend, and hoping to hijack my mums car for some practice during the week as well.

To be able to sing and dance on the way to work would be great!! Just bobbing your head in time to music can earn funny looks on the train lol.

Challenge time!! 

Don't worry about the driving test too much. At least they let you resit it. At one point I remember my driving instructor telling my partner that she was so bad at driving she should probably just skip the test and stay off the roads as much as possible (after almost killing us a few times). She agreed and ended up waiting until a few years later to try again.

Subbing so I can cheer you on!

Thanks Alexandrite! Subbed to yours to cheer you on too :)

Got a driving lesson booked for the weekend to work on that darn parking... 

Monday and Tuesday I did my lunges and squats, halfway through them today as well. I work with a guy who's a fitness instructor so he's not letting me forget which is useful ^_^
Coffee, well, I'm managing on 1 sugar but I'm compensating with extra milk which I want to cut down as well or I feel I'm cheating...

Today has been my starbucks day! I have very long days on wednesdays so I thought it made sense :)

• Like 1

Lunges and squats all up to date! But ow... looking forward to my weekend off - my legs aren't sure what's hit them this week!

I have however just realised I haven't done any combat exercise yet this week so tonight and the weekend aren't going to be days off either >_<

Slowly getting used to 1 sugar and less milk in the coffee. Tried a dash of cinnamon in hot chocolate last night which is now my favorite winter drink :D so I better watch how many of those i have as well as the starbucks!

Just booked my next driving test for the 25th, step 1 on life goal 1, now just need to get some parking practice in :)

• Like 1

Week 1 almost done, I'm beating my body (specifically legs) into submission successfully and achieved my lunges and squats goal. Also very well on track of resisting temptation and have only had 1 sugar per coffee all week. 

Did 20 minutes of combat exercises today but I'm a bit behind. I'll have to try and make it up tomorrow and do a double session.

• Like 2

Didn't get a double dose of combat in today. Head hasn't been in the game most of the day, walking around in a daze. End of week 1 summary;

Lunges/Squats: A

Combat: B

Coffee: A

Life goal: I had a driving lesson yesterday focusing on parking, and another is booked for next weekend. Also agreed with my awesome and long suffering driving instructor for some extra time before the test itself.

Not bad for a first week.

• Like 1

Monday: did my lunges and squats, and getting used to the cut down sugar in my coffee at last  :pride:

Today: lunges and squats done, coffee sugar allowance adhered to. Debating cutting the sugar out altogether... I might finish this week then drop it complete for a week, see how that goes. Hope to get 20mins of combat in this evening but we'll see. got a lot to fit into a small amount of time.

• Like 1

Yesterday went ok, quests so far seem to be ok :) might be making adjustments to the sugar goal, but otherwise not too bad. Oh and trying to remember to do some combat stuff in the evenings has been a bit of a trial :S

• Like 1

Starbucks day! One small latte on the way to work. And only one work coffee as well today, I'm being good ^_^
Lunges and squats done for the day as well.

Didn't get any combat done last night, so thursday or friday must do some! Not tonight as it's DnD game night, my one weekday social event - that I wouldn't miss for the world! :D

*heads off to prepare for orc-buttkicking*

• Like 1

...Not tonight as it's DnD game night, my one weekday social event - that I wouldn't miss for the world! :D

*heads off to prepare for orc-buttkicking*

Yeeeahhh.... so that didn't happen. Trains hit animals on the line at 5pm and shut it down for 3 hours. (My train should have been at 7). At 8pm it got opened, the first train through then hit the remains of one of the animals that hadn't been spotted and closed it for another hour. Further chaos as they tried to figure out what trains should go when to catch up. I didn't get home until 11pm after having been up from 5:00am, and again awake at that time this morning to head to work. Train station chaos also lead to standing for 2hrs in high heels, followed by several treks across stations in a weird detour route to get home before midnight, leading to severe pain by the time I collapsed in bed. *rant over*.

I am shattered and trudging through work on coffee alone. No lunges or squats today, too tired and knee has already tried to give out twice after the heels incident. Still on the 1 sugar coffees though. Might see if the boss man would mind if I go home early today...

Aww, no fun at all! That happened once while I was riding on a train, the train ahead of us alerted others and we sat on the tracks for almost an hour extra. Thank goodness it had wifi and I could keep working on stuff as I waited. And youre braver than me to do heels on the train. I always did sneakers until I got to work, lol!

Hope you got some rest and your legs stop feeling like tree trunks soon!

- Sent from my magic Navi-powered device!

It was exhausting. Most of the wait was spent following twitter which had the most up to date information - the passengers were keeping the drivers informed! Thank god for the interwebs! Turns out it was 7 horses that were hit :( escaped from a nearby field and wandered onto the tracks via local level crossing :(

Most of my journey is spent sat down normally so heels isn't too much of an issue. I only do it maybe once a week, experimenting with dressing more 'girly' and not my normal walking boots, jeans  and t-shirt lol. But it does mean I'm not practiced in heels for a prolonged time...

Today feeling much better after a half decent nights sleep, got my lunges and squats done, and all 1 sugars again :)

Yay for the weekend - sooooo need the break!!

• Like 1

I have a cold -_- It set in last night and now I'm feeling sorry for myself curled up with hot drinks and vitamins and spices trying to make it go away.

Haven't done any combat this weekend, stuffy head is just not conducive to bouncing around to music :(

Did do all my lunges and squats though, and met my 1 sugar (and 1 starbucks) target as well. 2 A's and an F in total for this week.

Now I just need to kick this cold before Tuesday morning's driving test.......