• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

cromana

Cromana brings out her dark side

Zycam or zinc lozenges/sprays will help get rid of the cold faster, as well as saline spray to help sterilize and flush the nasal passages. Extra sleep as much as possible too! Get better soon!

Hellooooo week 3!

- Sent from my magic Navi-powered device!

Hello week 3, how did you get here so fast?

Still icky but dosing on everything I can lay hands on. Should be able to slog through my test tomorrow but I don't know how good I'll be. Ah well. I shall consider it a last ditch attempt before the new year and just hope.

Got my lunges and squats done today, and still sticking to my 1 sugar rule.

• Like 1

Life goal big progress point achieved!

I passed my driving test!! 3rd time really is lucky!

My actual test at 9am was cancelled due to fog but they managed to fit me in at 1:30 instead and I passed with only 3 minor faults :)

I then treated myself to a large starbucks ^_^ (large as the previous 2 weeks I only had small ones not the medium I gave myself as allowance).

Other than that, 1 sugar in all other coffees. Not done lunges etc today but have done a fair amount of walking between test times which I'm going to count as one of my 20min combat sessions as it definately got the heart rate up as its cold!

I can't believe they are going to let me out on the road solo lol

• Like 1

Lunges and squats done today, 3 coffees at work today which is more than usual, but only 1 sugar in each at least. Also did some pushups for the mini-challenge!

Cold has progressed to sore throat stage and an annoying cough although the stuffy head is slightly better.

Still in shock about being legal to drive lol. Now I just need to get a car!

• Like 1

Hooraaaay! Congratulations on the driving test!! And with a cold too!

Are you going to drive yourself anywhere in particular to celebrate?

Thank you! :D

I haven't got a car to drive in yet unfortunately :( Didn't dare buy one until I new exactly how much I had to spend after all the test resit's and lessons! Going for a car browse this weekend :D

I did go for a celebratory drink that evening though lol

• Like 1

Today's lunges and squats done, and a few more inclined push ups for the mini-challenge. Still stuck to the 1 sugar which is now really easy, might have to drop it down to none next week see how that goes.

Weekly roundup for week 3!

Lunges and squats - 4 out of 5 days completed. Tuesday I missed them due to driving test and I didn't make them up at the weekend. I think an A-/B+ for that. 

1 Sugar Coffees - Yup, not a problem. All one sugars this week, 1 large starbucks to celebrate passing the test. Another A week. Going to attempt a 0 sugar week next week, see how that goes!

Combat - yeah... didn't do any again this week. I'm not giving myself a fail though as I've done a butt load of walking this weekend. I've been looking at cars. Unfortunately all the car dealers are miles away from bus stops.... Yesterday,1/2 hour each way. Today, 1/2 hour to one dealer, then a further 1/2 hour to the next one, then another hour across town back home... Feet hurt! I'm going to award a C since walking isn't combat but it is a decent amount of cardio, for me anyway.

• Like 1

Ah you're right! Can't believe I forgot it! Lol.

Yesterday did all my lunges etc, and I'm halfway through them today. Also trying coffee with zero sugars this week :S so far I've managed it but.. bleh!!

Stressing majorly over buying a car... Saw a nice looking little one at a used car dealer, but couldn't get it out on the roads as its MOT was expired at the moment. Slow drive around the lot seemed ok. Then spent 2 days stressing over insurance quotes which were extortionate. Now found a decent insurance quote, but seen some bad reviews about the dealer selling cars with problems, theres only like 7 reviews i could find total but one said sold with a illegal MOT! Trying to buy a cheap working car is turning into more of a struggle than passing the test... :(

Lunges all up to date. Still on the zero sugar coffee but its not getting any nicer yet...

Other than that, still stressing over the car. To buy? Not to buy? Advised to buy it. Advised not to buy it and to look around more first. And through it all I'm still doing 3hr commutes each way and very conscious of needing a darn car soon so I can cut the commute and not burn out. I can feel the exhaustion setting in already...  :hopelessness:

Lunges all up to date. Still on the zero sugar coffee but its not getting any nicer yet...

Other than that, still stressing over the car. To buy? Not to buy? Advised to buy it. Advised not to buy it and to look around more first. And through it all I'm still doing 3hr commutes each way and very conscious of needing a darn car soon so I can cut the commute and not burn out. I can feel the exhaustion setting in already...  :hopelessness:

If you have enough money to take the car you are considering to a mechanic, that is a wise investment. It is hard to tell the shape the car is in just by driving. Also gives you some leverage in dealing with the car dealer. Best of luck! I hate car shopping, it is super stressful.

Yes, EG is right. Best $50 ever spent while car shopping is visit to the mechanic while test driving. They will do a pre-purchase inspection (you can call and ask auto shops if they do this ahead of time). If you cant really test drive it so you can take it to mechanic, pass on it and find another. Plus, go with your gut. Sounds like you need to pass on the dealer anyway if there is some shady stuff or bad reviews with no effort to resolve them, especially in this day and age with digital media.

I just went through a huge up and down experience buying my first car and A: regret not taking it for an inspection and B: regret not listening to my gut. It was a great deal price wise, but we get what we pay for in the used car world, and it needs new airbag suspension, the a/c doesnt run, and we already had to buy new tires on it. The owner also never registered it when he purchased

I would also suggest taking a friend or family member who is "good at" cars/ dealing. I always get impatient and embarrassed and don't make very good deals. My mother took our neighbor car shopping with her, and he actually held out against the dealer and saved her a ton of money! Well worth the "growler of craft beer" he charged. Car shopping is stressful, and especially for your first time, get someone with experience to help you. Preferably someone who knows about cars.

• Like 1

Can I just say that I love you weight goal being in stone? Especially for a Dwarven assassin, it is appropriate.

Hehehe, I never even thought of that! That's the unit we've always used in my family, makes more sense to me that the stupid kg everyone tries to use round here now!

Yes, EG is right. Best $50 ever spent while car shopping is visit to the mechanic while test driving. They will do a pre-purchase inspection (you can call and ask auto shops if they do this ahead of time). If you cant really test drive it so you can take it to mechanic, pass on it and find another. Plus, go with your gut. Sounds like you need to pass on the dealer anyway if there is some shady stuff or bad reviews with no effort to resolve them, especially in this day and age with digital media.

I just went through a huge up and down experience buying my first car and A: regret not taking it for an inspection and B: regret not listening to my gut. It was a great deal price wise, but we get what we pay for in the used car world, and it needs new airbag suspension, the a/c doesnt run, and we already had to buy new tires on it. The owner also never registered it when he purchased

If you have enough money to take the car you are considering to a mechanic, that is a wise investment. It is hard to tell the shape the car is in just by driving. Also gives you some leverage in dealing with the car dealer. Best of luck! I hate car shopping, it is super stressful.

You can get a mechanic for $50?!?! It's like £100+ (I think $150ish) here! I wish I could afford one, but everything is looking so expensive at the moment. I'm trying to avoid the dodgy dealer but all the good ones slap another £1000 onto their car prices for the privilege it seems. I'm booking a test drive with a more reputable dealer for this weekend, and if in doubt might have to try my luck with the other one. Reviews have all been that the aftercare was non-existent if it developed a fault like the next day. I'm hoping if it comes to it, good checks on the car might negate the need for aftercare...

I would also suggest taking a friend or family member who is "good at" cars/ dealing. I always get impatient and embarrassed and don't make very good deals. My mother took our neighbor car shopping with her, and he actually held out against the dealer and saved her a ton of money! Well worth the "growler of craft beer" he charged. Car shopping is stressful, and especially for your first time, get someone with experience to help you. Preferably someone who knows about cars.

Good advice! So far I've had about 3 emailed lists of stuff to check, one phone call while I was looking at a car, and hopefully can get someone to actually come with me this weekend!

• Like 1

Yesterday - no sugars, all lunges and squats done

Cant remember if I mentioned Wednesday being 1 medium starbucks day.

Today - no sugars in my coffee's, although I did have some loooovely home made peanut butter fudge with one of the coffees at break ^_^ lunges and squats also done.

Thank god its Friday!!!

• Like 1

No combat again this week *sigh*. Was car shopping, so far past stressful I basically lost the rest of the weekend to mentally recovering. Sometimes its just necessary to curl up and fall apart for a bit and get it all out... Have put a deposit on a car though now and waiting for it to have a few bits fixed before I pick it up later this week or the weekend.

Anyway, week summary.

Lunges and squats all done, 5 days: grade A

1 sugar coffee and 1 starbucks per week: actually did zero sugar coffees most of the week except for 2 really cheap tasting coffees at the weekend which required 1. grade A

Combat sessions:  ... none again. I don't want to put down an F as if I hadn't taken the time to do 'nothing' I would be in a really bad state and likely to throw the whole challenge. Did do a little bit of walking at the weekend. So hmm.. maybe a D?

Life Goal: got a car on the way, crossing all fingers that i haven't bought a dud or I dont prang it in the first week...

• Like 2

No combat again this week *sigh*. Was car shopping, so far past stressful I basically lost the rest of the weekend to mentally recovering. Sometimes its just necessary to curl up and fall apart for a bit and get it all out... Have put a deposit on a car though now and waiting for it to have a few bits fixed before I pick it up later this week or the weekend.

Mental health days are sometimes a must. Congrats on the car!

Yes, hope everything works out on the car!

And speaking from experience, take it as slow as you need to, no rushing is worth an accident or a life. Ever. Let people get all huffy in their holiday madness, and go around you, or pull over safely and let them pass. Give yourself extra stopping distance too, at least 3-4 seconds. Smart and aware, you should be fine.

And dont worry about the combat. Maybe aim for less, or change the activity if you are really finding it difficult to make time for right now. It is never too late to adjust your quests and keep going!

Welcome to week 5!

Mental health days are sometimes a must. Congrats on the car!

Thanks! :)

Yes, hope everything works out on the car!

And speaking from experience, take it as slow as you need to, no rushing is worth an accident or a life. Ever. Let people get all huffy in their holiday madness, and go around you, or pull over safely and let them pass. Give yourself extra stopping distance too, at least 3-4 seconds. Smart and aware, you should be fine.

And dont worry about the combat. Maybe aim for less, or change the activity if you are really finding it difficult to make time for right now. It is never too late to adjust your quests and keep going!

Welcome to week 5!

The weather has just turned icy here now, so slow is definitely what I'll be aiming for!

You're right, I may have to change/adjust the goal for the rest of this challenge. I really thought I'd have time to fit it in but it appears I drastically underestimated the impact of looming holiday times and car type stuff. I shall have a think...

In other news for today - lunges and squats done, and zero sugar coffee's adhered to :) This zero sugar thing is doable but I must admit I'm just not that much of a fan of the unsweetened taste, drinkable but not like "oooooooooooooo" enjoyable!

• Like 2

Lunges and squats halfway done today so far. I had another small starbucks today :S do 2x small make a medium? It's just so darn cold waiting at a train station at 6am! O.o

• Like 1

You need those little squishy hand warmers! The ones you crack in half and they warm up, then boil them at home and they return to pre-cracked state! Best thing ever for cold waiting outside.

You need those little squishy hand warmers! The ones you crack in half and they warm up, then boil them at home and they return to pre-cracked state! Best thing ever for cold waiting outside.

You know what I actually have some of those somewhere... now to remember where...

Lunges and squats done today, back on the 1 sugar coffee's as zero was just too bitter :S I lasted about a week though so not bad!

• Like 1