• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

cromana

Cromana brings out her dark side

You know what I actually have some of those somewhere... now to remember where...

Lunges and squats done today, back on the 1 sugar coffee's as zero was just too bitter :S I lasted about a week though so not bad!

I'm with you on not liking coffee enough to like it without sweet, but are you a fan of tea? some of the black and pu-erh teas have a nice strong flavor, without being as harsh as coffee. I drink my tea with a splash of milk, but no sugar.

Otherwise, you could try different varietals to find one with less bitterness, or add a bit of milk to soften the edges without adding the sweet. 

Whoa! Tons of coffee infographics!

• Like 1

Wow been a bit since I posted :S I don't mind tea, but I usually only drink it when i'm ill lol. I may give it a try!

So week 5... got all my lunges and squats done again, and stuck to 0-1 sugar coffee's. No combat again but lots of walking around. I think I'm just going to drop that particular goal for now, I'm just not finding the time to get it in along with xmas preparations, playing hostess to the 50 million people who decided now is the best time of year to visit... etc.

Onto week 6! Monday/yesterday;

All lunges done and stuck to 1 sugar coffees. 

It was however the most stressful day of my life I think. I bought a car. Mum taxi'd me there. Argue with a salesman. Test drive for the fixes they did, paid the balance, got it out of the lot and parked up to get insurance started. £30 fuel put in it. Drove back to mum's. She switched to a passenger and we went for a drive. My first time night driving. And dear lord she is an awful passenger! Talk about backseat driving! I also managed to stall it on a roundabout twice... To top of the mounting embarrassment and worry, Engine Management light came on. Went off. Came on again. By the time I got home for the night I felt physically sick from the stress. Who's smart idea was it to learn to drive.........

Anyway, I'm dropping the car back off tomorrow evening to find out why the warning light is coming on.

Today, I'm halfway through my lunges and squats and limited to 1 sugar coffees again.

• Like 1

But you're alive, AND you didnt almost kill yourself forgetting to read the sign that said 'two way stop' instead of four way and pull out in front of a truck. Yeeeeeeep. My poor mother, I cant believe she was still able to smile after that close call.

Way to start in on week 6! Why dont you throw in some butt kicks with the mini challenge in place of your combat? =)

- Sent from my magic Navi-powered device!

Thanks! :)

The weather has just turned icy here now, so slow is definitely what I'll be aiming for!

You're right, I may have to change/adjust the goal for the rest of this challenge. I really thought I'd have time to fit it in but it appears I drastically underestimated the impact of looming holiday times and car type stuff. I shall have a think...

In other news for today - lunges and squats done, and zero sugar coffee's adhered to :) This zero sugar thing is doable but I must admit I'm just not that much of a fan of the unsweetened taste, drinkable but not like "oooooooooooooo" enjoyable!

Are you avoiding sugar because calories or because trying to cut down on sweet-taste addiction? Because while I find the stevia taste a little too sharp, it would probably be softened by a rich coffee taste.

Are you avoiding sugar because calories or because trying to cut down on sweet-taste addiction? Because while I find the stevia taste a little too sharp, it would probably be softened by a rich coffee taste.

It's a little bit of both really. I've been trying to cut down just in general on how much I eat and drink calorie-wise, a couple of spoons a day isn't bad but if I have a day of bad sleep I can go through so much coffee and then it starts to add up. Limiting the sweetness is also a big thing too though.

• Like 1

But you're alive, AND you didnt almost kill yourself forgetting to read the sign that said 'two way stop' instead of four way and pull out in front of a truck. Yeeeeeeep. My poor mother, I cant believe she was still able to smile after that close call.

Way to start in on week 6! Why dont you throw in some butt kicks with the mini challenge in place of your combat? =)

Ah! Your mother must have the patience of a saint! Mine would probably have made me leave the car at the side of the road lol.

yesterday got all my lunges etc done, and still on the 1 sugar coffees. Today also got the lunges done, had a small starbucks, and squeezed 100 butt kicks into lunchtime :)

• Like 1

End of week 6! Phew... 

Friday and saturday and today have all been 1 sugar days for the coffee bringing the week total to grade A.

Friday did all the lunges and squats, bring week grade to A.

Still no combat as i've just not had time to fit it in. I'm basically view this as a dropped goal for these last 3 weeks as it's just been silly busy.

Life goal; I have my car! It's working, a bit temperamental at low speed like navigating tight roads with cars parked either side, but it likes speed. Of course, I would never expect something I own to NOT be temperamental! lol. I got about a half hour driving time Friday night, an hour Saturday and another hour today just practicing on different speed roads around the city and dual carriageway. I'm getting there, but still need some work and getting used to the car etc. Haven't driven it to work yet, not sure i'm confident enough yet for the motorway driving.

• Like 1

End of Challenge Summary

Goal 1: An assassin has to be able to rely on their body to do what it's told!

I have issues with knee strength partly from being overweight so long, partly from some genetic risk factors. It's time to kick them into gear, strengthen those muscles and know that when I'm out stalking the next mark that my knees are on my side and not gonna give out at inopportune times...

• 20 Lunges and 20 Squats, 5 days a week (STR)

Straight A's across the 6 weeks, can definitely feel the knees being a bit stronger, plan to keep this up  = overall grade A = 100% = 3pts STR

Goal 2: An assassin needs to be able to fight!

I've previously been to Body Combat classes at the gym and loved them. Combat style moves to music as a workout. I want to continue this on my own, until I can find a suitable regular class I can make it to.

• 20 mins Body Combat style workout, 3 times a week (STA, DEX)

​I dropped this goal halfway through as I was unable to find the time to attempt this with the chaos before Christmas. I have done a lot of walking over the weeks however as part of my life goal, and participated in some Mini-Challenges so I'm going to award myself a single STA point.

Goal 3: An assassin needs to be able to avoid traps no matter how good they look...

Ok, I hold my hands up, pumpkin spice latte season seduced me  :( I dread to think how much money I spent on that drink every morning at the train station... Now the dreaded PSL has left on it's year long vacation, its time I learned to resist the call of flavored syrup and whipped cream with its caffeinated pick me up.

• Limit my coffee's to only 1 sugar 
  • Limit of 1 medium starbucks per week. (CON)

Got this one covered! 4/6 weeks were 1 sugar coffee's and 2/6 I managed zero sugar coffees! Also been sticking to my 1 starbucks limit successfully! Total Grade A = 100% = 3 pts CON

Life Goal:

Part One is to get mobile by driving! All good assassins need transport! My driving test is actually today, so if I pass the goals will be to get a car and on the road properly with 2-3 weeks of travel to and from work without incident and managing money. If I don't pass, the goal will be to resit and pass the darn test. (WIS)

I didn't manage to get onto Part 2, but Part 1 is basically complete! I eventually passed my test 3rd time lucky, now have a car and have been practicing getting used to it's quirks and just driving as much as I can :) I'm awarding 5 pts WIS for this!

Points Award Totals: 3 STR, 1 STA, 3 CON, 5 WIS + mini challenges: 1 STA (challenge 1), +1 STR (challenge 3), +1 WIS (challenge 5), +1 CHA (challenge 6)

Yeah my points are a little screwy I think, I must remember to think them through more next time.

• Like 1

Congrats on the A's and awesome finish! Been a great challenge and you are really just picking up steam. See you next challenge!

Thanks! Soooo glad the christmas break came at last! My stomach is not impressed with the sudden increase in junk and portions, I think that better be a recovery goal next time round!

Happy Holidays everyone!

Hellooooooo!

Joining us for the next challenge (started today, Jan 5th)? It's never too late to start!

I will be! I've been ill, came down with a fever just perking up now and should have a challenge thread up by next week at the latest :)