Hey, You Sass That Hoopy 18ck? There's a Frood Who really Knows Where His Towel Is!

18ck

Two more days of cycling, braving the cars and their idiot drivers. Today i did some lifting after work,taking care to watch my back. It went pretty well and I was pleased with my progress on the pull-up goal. Oh and I listened to a couple of episodes of "Practice Portuguese", so winning on all fronts.

• Like 2

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Sucks about the 10k. With the back issue, probably hard to work on the handstand goal too?

It has been in hold. I haven't given up though.

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Not much going on yesterday exercise-wise. Flyer19 played a violin solo (beautifully) in the school concert in a local church, so @steve isn't the only Assassin troubadour around these parts.

Only one more cycle-to-work between now and Christmas.

• Like 2

*Sigh*

I see tapatalk have decided to take a leaf out of Apple's playbook and make their app prettier but much, much harder to use.

Anyway, good morning nerds.

So yesterday I was invited to join some colleagues for a night of boozing and eating which is tempting but I opted to stay for an hour and have some non-alcoholic cocktails, then I left them to it and went to circuits at the rowing club, which seemed like a good compromise between being friendly and being not hungover and fatter. It helped that another colleague - a Nepalese lady - was on the same no-booze-and-leave-early mission so neither of us looked or felt like antisocial scrooges.

• Like 3

Last weekend:

Lots of Farmers walks with bottles and books and gadgets from one shop to the next, a short weight session, testing my pull-ups and doing some rows, squats, etc. on the way home, a short jog with a pause for handstands and bridges with Flyer19, and of course today I cycled in again, pushin' dem pedals

• Like 2

And now, ladies and gentlemen, the moment you've all been waiting for. The skies begin to tremble, nature collapses into the streaming void. In fifteen seconds' time, the challenge will be at an end. See where the light of infinity bursts in upon us.

In this challenge I will be asking the ultimate question of life, the universe and everything, namely, "How many days does it take to turn the post-project me into a pre-christmas superhero?"..

As many of you noticed, 7x6=42,and the goals were...

Stick to habits: 2 STA, 2 STRThis is so humiliating - to get this text to go red I have to use bbcode including "color" with no u. Not very well done. I stuck to the cycling one like glue but I missed out on some time due to back trouble and can't in good conscience go more than 1STA on this one.

Can do one pull-up again 2 STR Only one STR. I've got to the stage I recognise where I can pull up to mouth level but no further. The weight room has an excellent pull up bar though and I'm going to keep at it.

No Booze 1 CON *coughs nervously* No. It has been better than most run-ups to Christmas but no.

Lose 8 lb 1 CON 2 CHA I didn't actually weigh myself, which was a but of a silly mistake. I am a bit lighter, I can tell from my pants, but I'm only going 1 CHA in this since I have no way of measuring

Portuguese as described 2 WIS 1 CHA Fail, basically. Some work done so I'll give myself 1 WIS

Full free-standing handstand for 3 sec - 2 DEX *sharp intake of breath* Flyer19 assures me I managed 3 seconds the other day but I think she was being kind. However, I have made a lot of incremental gains in confidence and strength so I'll go for 1 DEX

Panic: -100 everything

Did not panic.

Hm, not great, all in all. Well, like I said, comparing it to the average run-up to Christmas, it went pretty well though. Balance is no bad thing, I think.

• Like 2

It was a bit back you thought about no longer doing your challenges.  You may have a lot of red text in your summary, but it sounds like this challenge made you do more than you would have otherwise.  So that is definitely the win.  Get ready for January 5th!

• Like 1

Level 26, Primal Ultra Trail Scout, Non-Binary Robot

Christmas Eve - short family run, some handstands (me) and bridges (flyer) while Mrs 18ck did a longer piece.

Christmas day: more handstands, actually making a pretty good balance at the top. Then basically eating and drinking non-stop for about twelve hours. Ahem.

• Like 2