• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Lilith the Chubby Kitten - Climbing to the top!

Chubby kitten hmmmm yes, that’s still what I am…. Sometimes. Lilith turned around, to claw at the falling fall leaves. She just loved fall. With the colours, the rich smells… And the winds of change.

tumblr_nbo1kk2Tul1s0xjvpo2_250.gif

tumblr_nc7bjcEDGx1tgt7sro1_250.gif

tumblr_nbo1kk2Tul1s0xjvpo4_250.gif

Cat-Playing-in-Fall-Leaves-cats-35819283

But Lilith started to realise something that has been happening to her for a while now. She was not just a chubby kitten anymore, and sometimes, she wasn’t one at all. She had grown up in mind and body. Feeling stronger, and therefore being stronger. Whenever she felt her fiercest she could feel a strange energy getting hold of her. It was hard to describe it as anything but power. She had been a circus cat briefly, now a kitten again. But she could feel something inside her fighting to get out.

Along with the surge of power came an urge to climb. Trees, bigger trees, yet somehow they never reached high enough. I have to climb as high as the earth goes!

giphy.gif

Perhaps she would turn into a fierce mountain lion…. If only she would release that part of her.

giphy.gif

Challenge goals: Become a better climber and train for the Fjallraven Classic (I need to be ready next summer!)

I’m going to work with a point system! Every week I need to get 10 points for a successful week. I can earn points by doing the activities mentioned below!

Bouldering (2 points)

Toprope climbing (2 points)

Finger strength training with clay (1 point)

Yoga for Climbers by Judy Tsuei (2 points)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb8Aa-Db6vc

Yoga for Rock Climbers by Kassandra (1 point)  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWX6m6SMQYE

DoYouYoga (1 point)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0ejZxy7Doc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifZGhTMQJ40    

Climbing workout (2 points)

2 rounds

- 20 double leg lifts

- 10 pushups

- 20 single leg deadlift

2 rounds

- 20 reverse rows

- 20 sumo squats

- 20 bulgarian split squats

2 rounds

- ball plank

- 20 donkey kick

- 20 fire hydrant

- 20 glute bridge

Practice for the Fjallraven Classic (2 points)

Pilates Abs (1 point)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_S1hkhuDt0#t=700

Pilates Lower Abs (1 point) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMHgxyX_f7U#t=533

Point counter:

Week 1: 11

Week 2: 9

Week 3:10

Week 4:11

Week 5:

Week 6:

TOTAL:

Green = good week

Red = bad week

• Like 7

Lilith my dear, sweet Kitten, so glad that I found your challenge! :) I'm loving the point system - makes tracking so much easier and you can do whatever you want instead of getting hung up on not doing a particular thing.

Sub'd! 

• Like 1

I'm very interested to follow how this goes for you. I've always thought that I should gear my workouts more towards climbing-specific stuff, but never really knew where to start. I may have to steal a thing or two from you...

Awesome format and totally works. You can focus on the points rather than stressing, which means you can also focus on real life and school! Very smart little kitty!

Glad to have found your thread! I got worried when it wasn't in your signature. 

Ha, I love this point system, it's great, especially combined with such a cool goal!
(also, finger strength + clay? I wish I thought of this before! *grabs clay, puts it on desk*)

I'm really curious/exited about how this goes for you!!

Yay!  You're back!  I'm going to have to check out those yoga videos.  I love yoga, but I haven't tried any workouts aimed specifically for climbers.  Are you still hooping, too, or are you taking a rest from that?

Welcome back :). I'm also going to do a challenge to improve my climbing, maybe we should organise another dutch climbing meet at the end of the challenge :).

Lilith my dear, sweet Kitten, so glad that I found your challenge! :) I'm loving the point system - makes tracking so much easier and you can do whatever you want instead of getting hung up on not doing a particular thing.

Sub'd! 

Awesome format and totally works. You can focus on the points rather than stressing, which means you can also focus on real life and school! Very smart little kitty!

Glad to have found your thread! I got worried when it wasn't in your signature. 

Yes your reasons are exactly why I chose to do it like this! I'm a fickle kind of person, one day I will not feel like doing one thing but WILL feel like doing something else. But if I have to do the one thing I didn't want to do, I get less motivated, end up not doing it, but I won't do the thing I would have wanted to do either because meh then I should just do what I had to do! (does that still make sense?) and this way I can do what I want! :D Yay! 

I love how you've centered your workouts around becoming a better climber. That seems like it will be super motivating.

Yessss it is super motivating! It's like the goal is not the workouts in itself, but really getting better at climbing! Lately I've been climbing twice a week and I can see that the progress that was slacking is really picking up again. Every day I beat a new route it feels like a victory and that high is just SO hard to compete with. So I need more of that high <3 

I'm very interested to follow how this goes for you. I've always thought that I should gear my workouts more towards climbing-specific stuff, but never really knew where to start. I may have to steal a thing or two from you...

I know what you mean, past challenges I have half ish tried to do that aswell, but it's hard. Because I want more flexibility than "I have to be in the climbing gym every day" and also I need some variation to keep me interested. I will keep you updated on how motivating this is and how it works! 

Lilith! You are the bomb as always xx

Awwww <3 

Love the challenge format!

Sub'd!

Awesome format, and excellent attitude. The chubby kitten on the left can learn a lot from you!

Subbed. =D

Thanks to both of you! We will all get out of this challenge better and stronger, I'm sure! <3

Ha, I love this point system, it's great, especially combined with such a cool goal!

(also, finger strength + clay? I wish I thought of this before! *grabs clay, puts it on desk*)

I'm really curious/exited about how this goes for you!!

Yes it is special clay that my boyfriend bought for my boyfriend in an outdoor and climbing specialty store. They have clay with different eh, strongness? Resistance to reshaping? You get the point :P And there's a booklet with the exercises you can do with them which is really fun (it's not just kneading but many things!) I'm really curious too, but it's fun to do (more fun than a rice bucket) and I can easily do it while watching series on the couch which is always a HUGE plus. 

Yay!  You're back!  I'm going to have to check out those yoga videos.  I love yoga, but I haven't tried any workouts aimed specifically for climbers.  Are you still hooping, too, or are you taking a rest from that?

I haven't tried those yoga videos yet either. Well I did do the doyouyoga ones before and I have to say I'm really digging that girl. Her classes are down to earth, not a lot of chatter (which is annoying if you watch the video a few times in a week) and she gives helpful advice on the poses. I notice I get a bit of a hunchback posture due to climbing and bad desk posture so I think I can really benefit.... I'm hooping too, but randomly when I feel like it. I don't have time to do it every day, nor do I have time to hoop for an hour straight but I pick up the hoop randomly and I have not fallen out of love yet. Currently working on better chest hooping and shoulder hooping (can't do that at all yet but it looks so gorgeous when people do it) 

Welcome back :). I'm also going to do a challenge to improve my climbing, maybe we should organise another dutch climbing meet at the end of the challenge :).

Yes yes yes yes! DUTCH CLIMBING PARTYYYYYY

• Like 2

I love do you yoga! They have dinner great stuff. You've got a good challenge going. Can't wait to see all your climbing workout adventures!

Sent by TARDIS delivery service. Apologies for typos caused by interactions with the time vortex.

Yay for a climbing challenge! Your points system is fantastic and thank you so much for helping my stumble upon the yoga for rock climbers video. Not sure if you can hear the YOINK! all the way from Boston but I am definitely stealing them for my own nefarious purposes.

Definitely subbing for rock climbing solidarity and inspiration.

• Like 1

I love do you yoga! They have dinner great stuff. You've got a good challenge going. Can't wait to see all your climbing workout adventures!

I know right such a great channel! :D 

Points are brilliant. You are such a clever kitty. :3

Purrrrrrr purrrrr 

thatssotrue_3338_1330867051.gif

Yay for a climbing challenge! Your points system is fantastic and thank you so much for helping my stumble upon the yoga for rock climbers video. Not sure if you can hear the YOINK! all the way from Boston but I am definitely stealing them for my own nefarious purposes.

Definitely subbing for rock climbing solidarity and inspiration.

Ooooh so nice! Hope you will like the video! :D 

Wow just realised I said dinner. I swear I meant really. Stupid time vortex autocorrect.

Sent by TARDIS delivery service. Apologies for typos caused by interactions with the time vortex.

Today I did Yoga for Climbers by Judy Tsuei (2 points) 

Week 1: 2 points total 

So I started off the week nicely with 2 out of 10 points this week! It was a long yoga session, and I sometimes find it hard to keep the patience, but this was nice. It had hard parts (like the ab work) but also easy parts where you had to warm up your wrists and that kind of things, so it had some variation within the session. Also, after yoga I always feel like I have a brand new body! 

• Like 1

Is this stuff like the clay you have for hand exercises? I saw you mention it over on Nyxy's thread and it piqued my interest. I agree with you that'd it'd be way more fun than a rice bucket, and much easier to do while watching TV or something like that.

Exactly yeah that's it! With a booklet with climbing specific exercises. I have medium hardness mine was green or blue for some reason I can't recall the color early in the morning haha

Exactly yeah that's it! With a booklet with climbing specific exercises. I have medium hardness mine was green or blue for some reason I can't recall the color early in the morning haha

Cool, and the stuff I've found doesn't seem too expensive either. None that I've found says anything about climbing, though. Do you happen to remember the brand of your stuff, or where it came from? If not, I'll just have to get my google fingers going and see what I can come up with...

I did the 25 minute yoga video for climbers yesterday.  She does a lot of moves to open the chest and combat that hunched shoulder thing, which is great!  I hadn't really thought about incorporating them into low lunges or warrior 2 pose.  I haven't tried the other video yet.

ahhh i love your goals! And climbing! And bouldering!! Ang yoga-ing! I think its going to be super fun. What is the Fjallraven Classic?? It also feels weird for you to be going into autumn as I go into summer!!

I present this cat, not because it is related in any way, but just because I love a good excuse to share it

tumblr_myn6k37FAB1qdlh1io1_400.gif