nyxy butt butt butt butt.

Nyxy

Because butts:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qmkn59N5SDg

I need some cheering up, and skipped a challenge because I moved back to Hometown, in the Land of No Opportunities.
Since butts soothe any kind of trouble, butt-challenge. At least I can control the butt-ness of my situation.

Goals!
1: Learn to cook again. I'm back home and there is a kitchen and I need to learn to use it again and make something that is not an omelet,

so I can grow into a stronger version of myself. To try one new meal per week is enough, really. I'll select recipes I'd want to make often (so very quick/lazy ones)

2: Do strength exercises. because butt.
goal: 3/week, I'll do a workout routine.
I found out about how glute brigdes are great fun, I'm still adding some other stuff I really like, like push ups.
I'll be using fitocracy to track this/keep an eye on my efforts.

3: no more taking the laptop in bed.
I'll start this goal by watching myself. why am I doing this? Step two: can I divert the path of least resistance so the thing does not end up in my bed?

side goal: thanks to lilith's challenge, I felt inspired to put a ball of clay on my desk. it's slightly too big for my hands, so it's really helping with strength, plus it turns out to be oddly relaxing.

Life goal: Do something to get a dance pole somewhere. I'm surprisingly depressed because I can't dance anymore. It's starting to feel like this time that I was really talented at something and was having tons of fun and becoming really strong was just some idiot dream I had :/ 
Classes are really expensive around here, there is no sports equipment stuff in the parks, our house is too small (I'm 1m77/ 5'10" and I'd spend so much time slamming my feet into cupboards and stuff), and I dread the garden, because winter + metal pole = frozen fingers D':
I have no idea what to do, but something is going to get done, because this is ridiculous.

• Like 2

Nyxy, lvl 13 Werewolf assassin!            Current challenge: butts               Fitocracy

oh I looooved that video hahaha

glute bridges are totally a lot of fun. have you started with them yet? oh, the first workout! you'll think about your butt for a fortnight, my friend! ;)

but it's totally worth it, you'll become a strong-ass motherfucker hohoho

I love your learn-to-cook goal. being able to feed oneself is awesome!

"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." - W. Faulkner

I swooped into your challenge because butts. Butts where? I love me some smexy ass! Glute bridges are a fav move for me too! Try doing them one legged abd if that gets easy with weights like a book! Lift that booty! What kind of clay are you using? I use clay that is specifically for this purpose there was a list of exercises that come with it. Would you like that too? I could take a photo for you?

oh I love your challenge title. LOVE IT. I super hope that you can find something local too, to scratch your pole itch (ZOMG that sounds so bad that I will leave it in).

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

WAIT, wait, wait! You're 8'10?????!!!?? I'm thinking that's a typo, but if it's not, then wow.

Also, glute bridges will definitely be good for butts.

*ahem* yes I know that 1m77 is not the same as 8'10, but when I read that my brain exploded a bit. Unless the typo was on the metric measurement, in which case it might explode a bit again...

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

oh I looooved that video hahaha

glute bridges are totally a lot of fun. have you started with them yet? oh, the first workout! you'll think about your butt for a fortnight, my friend! ;)

So I did them the first time on saturday, and you are so very right. This is serious business.

I swooped into your challenge because butts. Butts where? I love me some smexy ass! Glute bridges are a fav move for me too! Try doing them one legged abd if that gets easy with weights like a book! Lift that booty! What kind of clay are you using? I use clay that is specifically for this purpose there was a list of exercises that come with it. Would you like that too? I could take a photo for you?

I you would take a photo, that could be nice!! i'm using some artist's modelling clay. It's grey and oily, and while it does the trick, I need to wash my hands after :P So yeah, if you see the chance, take a picture for me, I should be able to get it somewhere :)

Are you looking for a vertical pole or a horizontal one?

vertical! I'm looking for metal shops in the area now!

oh I love your challenge title. LOVE IT. I super hope that you can find something local too, to scratch your pole itch (ZOMG that sounds so bad that I will leave it in).

so bad :'D

Butt strength is awesome :).

you'll become a strong-ass motherfucker hohoho

that's what I'm here for B)

• Like 1

Nyxy, lvl 13 Werewolf assassin!            Current challenge: butts               Fitocracy

Just finished my Tuesday Glute Bridges, and I added some planks and push-ups, so that's the first workout of this week. I also messed around with dumbbells a bit, because the were in my room.
I am observing my laptop => bed behaviour, and it turns out I just want to cuddle with something warm I really like to read things and I'm very uncomfortable at my desk, something's making my neck hurt. I'm taking note of this.
When I'm not working at my desk but on the bed, I can't play with the ball of clay. I'm also taking note of this.
I realized I want to make pancakes as my first week cooking thing.
tumblr_n1xkieWAkX1s0t69oo1_500.gif

Pole things: My dad and I went to the metal shop, and they had no stainless steel, and now the problem is that there is no other shop to go to, since there is a recession-shaped black hole of zero economical activity in our area.

Current options:
-prepare to drive for a pole to somewhere outside of the valley of despair, by researching and calling places.
-call to some people that make staircases, they deal with stainless steel poles al the time.
-buy a pole online, for a scary amount of money.
Possible obstacles: not having money, severe dislike of calling people. Both things can be overcome :D

So, I guess it's going pretty well for now ^^
tomorrow,  I'm going to take the theory exam for my driving licence!!

• Like 3

around... sausage? that sounds strange and new to me, should try that next time I have sausages!!
My personal favourite pancake combination is the very local apple butter + bacon one. Red cabbage on the side, please :P

I got 50/50 on my driving theory! Very soon I'll be allowed on the road again!!! It will be gloriousssss.

around... sausage? that sounds strange and new to me, should try that next time I have sausages!!

My personal favourite pancake combination is the very local apple butter + bacon one. Red cabbage on the side, please :tongue:

I got 50/50 on my driving theory! Very soon I'll be allowed on the road again!!! It will be gloriousssss.

Congrats on the driving test. What do they do with apple butter and bacon? Dip the bacon in it? Or is it just apple butter flavored bacon? Cause I have apple butter and I have bacon, but I've never combined the two

Wisdom 15.5   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 14  Constitution-11

Elastigirl:Just Living Life , Part II - Current Challenge: February 14 to March 20 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Detailed bacon-apple butter information:

-in case of pancake: Bake in the bacon.
Take thin slices of bacon, or cut it thinly (2mm?). Make sure they are like 4cm x 3 cm, something like that. Then, put them in the pan first, slide them around a bit so that the bacon fat is happily everywhere, and just add some oil or butter and pour in the batter. desired end result: the squares or rectangles of bacon are flush with the pancaky part of the pancake. Apple butter gets spread onto the pancake, as per usual.

-in case of sandwich: Bacon in the middle.

Generously spread the apple butter on the bread, then put the bacon in the middle while it's still hot. Bonus points if you manage to include the grease from the bacon too.

protips or personal preference? you decide:
- when I say apple butter, I actually mean pear-butter, or whatever you'd call this stuff: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sirop_de_Li%C3%A8ge it's usually a mix, of like 70% pear, if one wants to get precise about the stuff. which I do.
- I think all of this is better when you take non-sweetend apple butter. I know the one we buy from the local factory is bittersweet and black, and bacon's best friend, while the supermarketkind is more sweet and syrupy, I think they are adding sugar or beet syrup or something.
- That sandwich? It will turn into a Glorious Sandwich of the Gods, if you make it with sourdough bread. :D
- slightly dried/smoked bacon may work better. Steer clear of the super-watery stuff.

• Like 2

I should be doing one of my three workouts today, but I'm skipping it, because I'm going to dance tomorrow! my mom found a place in the other side of the country where you can use the poles for two hours on sunday, there'll be other people, but no class. I'm curious.

• Like 2