Sorry I've been MIA, work's been crazy.

That caviar looks awesome! I must try it.

Also I find that planning out  meals ahead of time makes life sooooo much easier.  For healthy, veggie, and budget reasons.  It's basically all around awesome. 

• Like 2

I love crockpot soup recipes. Like, you make it, you leave, then you come back to DELICIOUS FOOD OMG!

I love THIS recipe. It's is super easy to make and translates well into a crockpot. I usually saute the onion, carrots and red pepper before throwing them in the crockpot with the veggie stock, cabbage and spices (I user an Asian stirfry chili paste, actually - but a generous helping of Tabasco can work in a pinch). I also don't bother with any of the optional garnish. It makes a TON of soup and it's filling. 

Happy Monday!

• Like 1

I love crockpot soup recipes. Like, you make it, you leave, then you come back to DELICIOUS FOOD OMG!

I love THIS recipe. It's is super easy to make and translates well into a crockpot. I usually saute the onion, carrots and red pepper before throwing them in the crockpot with the veggie stock, cabbage and spices (I user an Asian stirfry chili paste, actually - but a generous helping of Tabasco can work in a pinch). I also don't bother with any of the optional garnish. It makes a TON of soup and it's filling. 

Happy Monday!

Hey Brekketechie,

Just got a slow cooker for christmas, I'm very excited its got a million diffrent settings :).  Complety a noob with it though. I could google recipies forever BUT do you have anyother favorites?

Yellowrose

Hi Yellowrose! 

Really, any soup you'd make on the stove you can make in a slowcooker. 

This Black Bean soup is good - I don't puree it and often serve it over rice.

I am IN LOVE with this hearty stew from the Yoga Journal - just sub veg sausage for the meat. Totally delicious! I pre-cool the onion, potatoes\, soy-sage & carrots, but that's jsut a personal preference.

There are two good recipes to get you started! :)

• Like 1

I also really love making chili in the slow cooker.   This is one of my favorites.  (I am a sucker for chipotle). Just replace the beef with smart grounds or some other kind of fake ground beef, or sometimes if I'm feeling really vegetable-y I'll just replace it with another can of beans (usually black beans).  Also if you really want to get fancy dice up your own tomatoes and throw them in first and let them cook down for like 15 minutes and then dump all the chili ingredients in and go.  It really makes a hugeeee difference with flavour compared to using canned diced tomatoes and since you just throw it all in and go it doesn't really add much extra work :)

• Like 1