WCG's Rehab as Oracle: Ep 2, The Batcave

WildColonialGrrl

Phew! Looks like life got in the way here. Which happens sometimes. But you're getting into the new place - awesome - and you took note of your body and how it reacts to stuff - also awesome - and you adjusted yourself to handle the sweets when they came. Those are great pieces to have in solving your puzzle!

Look at you getting back into the swing of things ;)

Even a PB for the parkrun I haven't made it to yet ðŸ˜

(Did you do DK or westerfolds?)

Keep up the great work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Skywalker

Progress woot: Skywalker's success

Character Profile:  Skywalker

Blog:  Just Get Moving

Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it!

Oh crap, did we do the same parkrun last week and not even know it? I've only just started checking out threads on my laptop rather than phone and seen that you were there last week. I took off pretty quick afterwards anyway but it would have been nice to at least say hi. If you're going next week I might also be heading down.

• Like 1

Level 8 Satyr Scout

STR 11|DEX 5|STA 10|CON 9|WIS 12|CHA 5

Previous Challenge

Woot What?

MFP

Endomondo

Oh crap, did we do the same parkrun last week and not even know it? I've only just started checking out threads on my laptop rather than phone and seen that you were there last week. I took off pretty quick afterwards anyway but it would have been nice to at least say hi. If you're going next week I might also be heading down.

Missed it by that much! Dammit!

Next week could be a goer before the moving truck arrives. I shall once more dress with Batman theme! Parents and I started moving some stuff today but I found the experience quite stressful/anxiety laden. Communicating with my dad can be tricky and he doesn't seem to be quite with the moving slowly, no rush plan yet... Winds up my anxiety and I get very cranky and shouty very quickly. Brain is also going 100mph which is not helping much.

Did parkrun this morning just walking, nearly bailed a couple of times before getting in the car so it was a victory to actually do it. Felt really crappy after going to a soccer/football match where some dill let off a couple of flares on a still night so the smoke all stayed in the stands. Had an allergic reaction, eye watering, coughing and sinus pain that carried into the morning. Wasn't happy but walked most of it and slowed right down and chatted to a kid about basketball as his sister and father tried to catch up with me before the end. Happy to let a kid have a win they've really put in for... (Except when I'm not and then it's win at all costs! ;) )

To keep my brain relaxed, I went to a book launch for the guy who does zenpencils.com comics. So many web comic authors are American that I didn't realise he was an Aussie! It was good to get on the train and read my book for some enforced quiet time.

Going to have an early night tonight. Sleep will make me feel better.

• Like 1

Aussie Bush Ranger - Training with the Monks

'I'll fight but not surrender', cried the wild colonial... GRRL!

Project 365 - Becoming BatGirl

Current Challenge

week 2 round up

Declutter - currently at 71 items!

Rehab - more protecting on weekends than working it. Had a rough week with marking to be done in a hurry. Still minor pain from joint and wrist as joint settles and soft tissue gets the hang of things again. Trying to find a 1.5 kg dumbell for my wrist now, not ready for 2kg but getting there!

Exercise - TKD, PT, parkrun, walks 5 mornings between 15, 20 & 30 mins. On track I think...

Well being Awareness - Eat crap feel crap... after the initial carb rush.

On the bad but oh so tasty list:

Kransky in rolls especially with onion

Biscuits

Chainfood from drive thru

Not a bad week. Anxiety really high with moving started but am really committed to doing things differently in the new place. I have a small Lego Batman to remind me what I am trying to do. Didn't participate in the mini this week as burpees and cactus wrist are not friends. This week is the first time in about 4 months that I have been able to put my right hand flat on a table without pain.

Wrist/thumb/hand still frustratingly slow to improve... Makes me grumpy.

Constantly battling the urge to unpack everything and keep everything rather than stick to plan and go slow. That is tiring.

Transitional periods suck :(

Plan for week 3: stay sane(ish)whilst completing move. Eat well. Look after my calm. Exercise to de-stress physically. Get plenty of sleep...

• Like 2

Current Challenge

How is the move going?

Urk!

Massive headaches from clenching teeth and tension in neck...

Report writing for end of year at school... a different headache!

...and too much social stuff/activities on!

PT, TKD tues and wed and then yoga tonight... prioritising exercise - might not get to pro soccer match friday night in favour of house stuff and parkrun early Sat morning. 

New house is ace and helping me make better decisions when I'm there. Moving truck and a couple of blokes come Saturday and then I will need to readjust my goals a bit as December starts and my focus changes a bit.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Oh, yeah, week 3...

By Sunday the Move had resulted in no longer owning 105 items.

Rehab - was a bit minimal in the way of structured exercises but did lots of strength work with lifting and plenty of stretching. Feels like it's progressing well and pain/irritation is more intermittent.

Exercise - Had one day where I wasn't required at work and skipped a walk that day, but did 4 others and an extra evening one on Monday. 1 TKD as I had a work evening thing on that clashed with the other class, 1 PT, 1 yoga, 1 Parkrun - the moving truck was coming that day so wanted to leave something in the tank... and was only 2 seconds off my PB! 

Well being - stress is bad, lots of gluten is bad... On moving day had not only a snag of democracy but also a sausage roll from the primary school fundraising on election day. I also bought a plate of brownies that were delicious! I shared them, but they were gone by the end of the weekend and I wasn't feeling great. What is good? Little moments of meditation and stillness. 

Have plans for Week 3 and beyond but will come back to that...

Current Challenge

Sometimes life is the rehab you need. Just being up and moving and doing things can be an adequate stressor to keep your body loose and your joints from stiffening up. I've seen it my own self. Whenever I've had injuries in, say, my hamstrings or something like that, I find that being up and walking really helps those muscles. Which is good - my job doesn't let me sit down anyway.

Man, food is kicking this guild's ass this challenge. What are we gonna do about this?

• Like 1

I was going to tell you how I'd shifted my plans this week but got really busy at work at the front end of the week and new house busy at the other end... And now it's another week almost gone!

Walked 5 mornings this week but my sleep has been more interrupted than usual trying to get used to all the new noises in my new environment. TKD twice this week and a PT session but no yoga due to attendance at a work event. No parkrun as I was out late the night before having dinner with girls I studied Botany with at uni many years ago. I'm pretty sure I'm doing well on this bit of my challenge.

Rehab is going ok. A couple of instances make me think I am going to have some arthritis pain in this joint on certain movements forever now... But it's not so bad that I'd choose surgery. I have another hand therapy appointment tomorrow so I'll see what they have to say about my progress. ...and then decide how well I am progressing in this most challenging part of the challenge.

Well being - setting up the Batcave has given me more opportunities to think about my well being. Am finding a small breathing exercise or lighting a candle (when at home) is helping keep me grounded. On the food front, crap food leads to crap outcomes... Literally! Batcave wise, I have vacuumed and swept today and am keeping the house tidy and dishes done.

In the moving part of the challenge... So far, 173 items out of my life, most in reasonable condition and off to charitable donation boxes. I am doing the easy stuff first and will have to get hard headed help over summer to clear the real crap. I have over achieved in this part of the challenge and will up it to 300 and see if I can get there!

I found an interesting way of eating whilst stalking Twilight's thread... The No S Diet (I'd link it but the iPad sucks at that) which says no sweets, no snacking, no seconds except on S days - Saturday, Sunday and special days. I looked at my calendar and realised I had a lot of special days coming up... So have allocated two S days per week to fit to these. I really like having rules and this has been pretty good to follow this week. I get hungry between meals but instead of eating, I have been observing it. Sometimes a drink will do, sometimes distraction is all that is needed to forget about it. I am not really super hungry; I am bored, thirsty, bored, tired, stressed, stuck in a habit, or bored. It's something to do... I am not starving. Really, I'm not. That feeling just goes away because my brain is playing tricks and I will eat later. It's been interesting.

I have a catered day in the city for work this week and then our end of year lunch and evening celebrations. Those will be my two S days for this week. I won't be drinking much on the Friday as I have my TKD grading early sat arvo and I will be nervous enough as it is. This is the third time this year I've started learning for this.

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Ok.... Ummm... Well....

The decluttering is going well. Over 300 items!

Really noticing the lack of regular routine and missing my 30 min walk five times a week. Am moving and exercising (yoga, PT, gym) but not getting the small stuff in. Went to the gym by myself this week, a good step. Yesterday went for a long walk with a mate who lives locally and explored a close-ish park.

TKD Grading was successful (suspect hangover helped settle nerves...) and after starting learning for the third time this year, got my Blue belt (6th gup). One more grading and I will be as far as I got as an 11/12 year old... A very long time ago! It has been a bit of a rough year for me and my TKD family has been a great support to me. Must be something about beating each other up in a controlled manner that makes people closer. (I noticed this kind of thing in my 20s where the friends from the university mountaineering club were like family... I decided it was because we had to trust each other with our lives on a regular basis during rock climbing, caving, kayaking etc. Trust makes non blood family methinks.)

Food... Faaark! Like Joedog said... Am waiting for Xmas/new year to be over so I can get this sorted.

I really need to hit the reset button, both mentally and physically. I am going away for a week over new year to hang out by a river which always helps me get my head together. I am not giving up on this fitness project... It's just a tricky spot right now.

Off to get ready for big family Xmas party now... Will try to go for a stroll to settle the over eating and drinking this evening. ...and will do a proper wrap up early next week.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

TKD Grading was successful (suspect hangover helped settle nerves...) and after starting learning for the third time this year, got my Blue belt (6th gup). One more grading and I will be as far as I got as an 11/12 year old... A very long time ago! It has been a bit of a rough year for me and my TKD family has been a great support to me. Must be something about beating each other up in a controlled manner that makes people closer. (I noticed this kind of thing in my 20s where the friends from the university mountaineering club were like family... I decided it was because we had to trust each other with our lives on a regular basis during rock climbing, caving, kayaking etc. Trust makes non blood family methinks.)

Great work!   Yeah, that's true.  Brawling with people is great stress relief and definitely builds family :-)

That's an amazing job decluttering.  300 items!  You'll get back into it.  You've already started.

Have a great holiday and reset.

Behave yourself, badly if necessary.

Current Challenge

Judo - Shodan

My Character