• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

I'm sorry to hear the exercises are such a pain in the ass, is there no one to get any advice from?

Seconded- anyone around who already took the class whose brain you can pick?

I'm sorry to hear the exercises are such a pain in the ass, is there no one to get any advice from?

Seconded- anyone around who already took the class whose brain you can pick?

This course doesn't have course assistants, which is rare for courses with weekly assignments, and now I know why I should've valued them more in my earlier courses. :P I do know some people that took this course some years ago, but haven't seen them around this week. My usual partner in crime succeeded in cathing the flu, so I haven't had him beside me to work with either.

BUT, I actually managed to finish all the exercises today! It's an incredibly huge relief (though I don't count on everything being correct, but still), since it means I can start working on my computer graphics assignments tomorrow and maybe get a headstart on them.

• Like 1

Week 1, day 4

I think today was a better day! At least I managed to finish some schoolwork, make some delicious food, take a short walk and have a friend over for tea in the evening.

HerbologyEat more greens and use them more in my own cooking.

I hadn't planned on staying home today, but this morning my back hurt in a really weird way (well actually it started last night). I didn't want to risk making it worse by carrying my computer back and forth to campus, so I opted for staying at home and finishing the exercises there. That meant I needed something to eat, so boyfriend and I took a trip to the store to buy me some delicious vegetables and chicken. I ended up baking sweet potato, carrot and zucchini in the oven and eating it with fried chicken and mushrooms. Deee-licious AND healthy!

I have to admit I've eaten a lot of liquorice today, though. I made the mistake of keeping the box of skipper's pipes close to the table where I did my schoolwork, and for some reason they just started to vanish...

TransfigurationTry out more group gymnastics at my gym, at least three new classes before the end of the challenge.

After going to the store, boyfriend walked home with the groceries and I walked to the library a bit further away to return some books and pick up one I reserved earlier this week. That got me a nice walk, but that's about everything I did today.

Charms: Stretch and practise splits after every workout. Cut workout short if stretching wouldn't be done otherwise.

Nnnno.

PotionsSkin care morning & night, nail care at least once a week.

I forgot my morning skin care!  :hopelessness: I didn't even realise it until I read this line right now! Staying home in the middle of the week definitely puts my routines to the test. I will fix tonight's though, and I did both cut my nails and remove the old polish.

ArithmancyDo all schoolwork before the weekend. Prioritize!

It took me several hours, but I managed to finish the noise control exercises.

FYq7M_gif_2520.gif

I think it helped that I went into "fuck this"-mode and didn't linger too much on whether a constant had the correct value or not. I put it in, I got an output, everything's fine. But I swear to God, if next week's exercises are like this I'm rebelling against the lecturer.

Okay, the last three actually weren't that bad.

FRAME OF REFERENCE:

Exercise 1 - 4,5 hours

Exercise 2 - 8 hours

Exercise 3 - 4 hours

Exercise 4 - 2 hours

Exercise 5 - 1,5 hours

Exercise 6 - 0,5 hours

Ancient RunesLearn at least ten tengwar letters by heart before Christmas.

Nothing done today, for reasons.

Defence against the Dark Arts: Sweets & baked goods ban. Gingerbread are ok.

Still haven't bought anything! Instead I got myself some quark and cream to make into a healthy dessert whenever I feel like it.

• Like 3

I really thought I'd get things done today. I'd planned on going to the gym and then attending a yin yoga class. Buuuut, ye olde friend of mine called flu has decided to come knock on my door.

giphy.gif

Well, I should've seen it coming, seeing as boyfriend was sick for a week, but I hoped my immune system would win. Fortunately it's not that bad yet, just enough pressure over my sinuses and a heavy head that I know I shouldn't push my limits today. Hopefully it will pass quickly!

• Like 1

Buuuut, ye olde friend of mine called flu has decided to come knock on my door.

I didn't do it!  Flu cannot be transferred via Internet!

Your Thursday was so great, then flu came to visit. :( maybe you can get rid of it before it really gets established.

I hope so! I'm trying to get some rest in during the weekend, but there's so much happening!

Honestly though, you kinda had to expect such a thing. I mean, Week 2 is right around the corner ;)

Hah! :D I know, right?!

Tapatalk has no idea what I'm doing.

Week 1, days 5 and 6

As I mentioned I've gotten a little bit of flu that I hope won't get any worse than it is right now. I'm trying to take it easy this weekend, but with so much happening, that's a challenge itself! Today (saturday) I attended a choir's 40-year-jubilee, which took the whole afternoon and early night. It's a very important choir to me, as my parents met while they were both singing in it, and therefore I might never have existed if it weren't for the wonderful Furaha choir. :) I sang in it for many years during my teenage years and early twenties, but had to stop being an active member due to studies. Still, it's wonderful to attend its bigger events and meet old and new singers. It's one of the few groups where age really doesn't matter and everyone truly feels like they belong to the same family.

And now I'm at a LAN party at my student nation. I might stay the whole night, or then go home for sleep, we shall see!

Friday: I stayed at home again and ate leftover vegetables and chicken from yesterday's meal. Still delicious! In the evening I had some blueberry pie at a friend's going-away party.

Saturday: Made myself a smoothie and boiled an egg for "breakfast" once I woke up at 12 (whoops). I didn't have any lunch because of this, but it didn't matter since I was attending the jubilee dinner after the 40-year-concert. It had a mixed salad for starters, chicken casserole with rice and green beans for main course, and a delicious chocolate cake for dessert. I went easy on the rice, but allowed myself a piece of the cake because of the occasion.

TransfigurationTry out more group gymnastics at my gym, at least three new classes before the end of the challenge.

Friday: Nothing, since flu came and knocked on my door.

Saturday: No workout per se, but a lot of singing and dancing on the spot during the concert, the dinner and the evening mass afterwards.

Charms: Stretch and practise splits after every workout. Cut workout short if stretching wouldn't be done otherwise.

No.

Friday: Done! I also painted my nails.

Saturday: Morning done, evening will definitely get done since I'm wearing makeup that has to be washed away.

Friday: ...I didn't really do any schoolwork. Fixed a bit of personal accounting though.

Saturday: Nope. But according to this quest weekends are freebies! ;)

Nothing more done as of right now.

Well, I haven't bought anything. I'm thinking I might need to extend this ban to eating sweet stuff at all, since I seem to be getting so much for free right now. Well, at least in December I will go on my annual candy strike (= eat no candy at all). It's something my parents came up with when my sister and I were very young, and the tradition has been sustained all these years.

• Like 2

Week 1, day 7

Not even sunday was a rest day this week, in terms of stuff happening. Today we celebrated my grandmother's 95th birthday, then I went for dinner with my parents and my sister, and ended the night at an evening mass followed by tea and sandwiches. Now (writing time: 21:38) I'm finally home!

I had no lunch today since I woke up quite late, but for dinner I chose chicken fajitas without the bread. So basically it was fried chicken, onion and bellpepper with boiled carrots and a salad.

No workout today.

Nothing today.

Skin care is and will be done. I'm going to touch up my nail polish as soon as I finish writing this!

Thankfully no schoolwork!

Nothing more done as of right now.

Still nothing bought, but I had a piece of chocolate cake at my grandmother's celebration.

• Like 2

You're always so freaking busy!!!

Hope you're feeling better

Urgh, I know right? Mostly it's fun stuff or stuff I signed up for out of my heart's goodness own free will, but it does leave very little time for other stuff.

• Like 1

Week n+1, day 1 (n=1)

I still refuse to call it week 2. I do not want the flu to catch me! :P

Fine day, monday!

Well, not really. But I had fish for lunch and ate the rest of my chicken and vegetables when I got home in the evening, so at least it was a good day foodwise.

I knew I wouldn't have time today, so I didn't even bring my workout clothes with me.

No workout, so no stretching.

Morning&night both done!

I tried, but I really couldn't focus on any assignments. I had a four-hour lecture 10-14 and then only an hour-and-a-half break before a meeting, so I spent the break getting lunch. Didn't get home until close to 21:00.

Nothing done today, for reasons.

I was sorely tempted by the dessert at the student restaurant, but I managed to resist it!

I want to start baking gingerbread soon.

• Like 1

Week n+1, day 2 (n=1)

Disclaimer: I still refuse to call it week 2. I do not want the flu to catch me!  :tongue:

I enjoyed some toast with banana for breakfast, chicken nuggets and fresh tomatoes for lunch, and...nothing after that except a cup of coffee. I'm at my dance squad's and its student orchestra's yearly election meeting that probably won't be over for a looooong time right now, but we will be served food at some point. Unfortunately it'll probably be along the lines of meatballs and french fries. But we'll see! :)

I planned on going to the kettlebell class at my gym today before the meeting. I brought my workout bag, which I thought was fully packed. It was not. There were no workout clothes in it.

tumblr_lhpdohETCY1qafrh6.gif

Ergo, workout not possible today.  <_< I might do some planking for the Assassin's mini challenge when I get home.

No workout, so no stretching.

Morning done, night will be (hopefully).

I had problems focusing today as well. When I finally opened up my computer graphics assignment it didn't take me long to almost start despairing. It consists of nine different exercises, all to be completed this sunday at 23:59, and in a couple of hours I didn't even get the first one done. Plus, I have new noise control exercises this week that I haven't even looked at yet and my week is crazy full of stuff happening.

Breakdown of the rest of the week!

Tuesday night will be spent at the meeting. No idea when I will get home.

Wednesday will need to be spent doing more schoolwork, but I've volunteered to go singing to a home for the elderly at five.

Thursday means more schoolwork, and in the evening I will go see Mockingjay part 1 with my sister. We also need to shop some birthday presents for our cousin's children (more on that later).

Friday I'm spending the whole day in Tallinn on my (former?) work's pre-Christmas party. To clarify, I worked on an acoustic consultant firm last spring and part of the summer, and last month they called me to let me know I'm welcome to the pre-Christmas party. I'm having some hopes of maybe getting to do my Master's thesis at that same company, so I will try to talk to my (former?) boss and team leader during the day and hopefully get some preliminary answers! :)

Saturday I'm invited to my cousin's children's birthday party. The two siblings turn/ed 6 and 7 this month, which is the reason for my need to go shopping! After that I will attend a friend's housewarming party.

Sunday I have choir practise again at 16, so not much will be done that day either, presuming I get home late from the party.

Nothing done today yet, but I think I'll be writing down some letters during this meeting.

I haven't bought anything sweet today, and that's a major win considering I have Mother Nature visiting with Satan's Sacrifical Waterfall. Hail to the cravings...

tumblr_inline_ncclhkJYt91sjfots.gif

• Like 2

I haven't bought anything sweet today, and that's a major win considering I have Mother Nature visiting with Satan's Sacrifical Waterfall. Hail to the cravings...

This may be one of the GREATEST things that I have ever read! I started laughing so hard that I started to choke on my water!

I'm totally going through this with you though... :neglected:

I think that you've been doing great! Keep the flu at bay! Also, I feel like stress lowers the immune system. So NO STRESS! <--- easier said than done, I have finals coming up here pretty quickly.

tumblr_nf7xf5AaS01sr0y0io1_500.gif

• Like 1

This may be one of the GREATEST things that I have ever read! I started laughing so hard that I started to choke on my water!

I'm totally going through this with you though... :neglected:

I think that you've been doing great! Keep the flu at bay! Also, I feel like stress lowers the immune system. So NO STRESS! <--- easier said than done, I have finals coming up here pretty quickly.

Haha, thank you! :D The creds for that term goes to a random internet user, though!

Let's fight it together.

And that gif is so freaking accurate! Snickers are not that good! :D

• Like 1

I planned on going to the kettlebell class at my gym today before the meeting. I brought my workout bag, which I thought was fully packed. It was not. There were no workout clothes in it.

tumblr_lhpdohETCY1qafrh6.gif

Ergo, workout not possible today.  <_< I might do some planking for the Assassin's mini challenge when I get home.

Don't want to get in your face, but I have been known to barbell squat while in my business shoes one day that I forgot to bring the sports ones to the gym. While going for a run last night, I had trouble fitting all my extra clothes under the motorcycle seat; considered running in jeans, ended up running 5K in my shorts, just having my hoodie tied around my waist. Fellow Ranger under the name of cn3wton has been known to sprint and also jump rope outside in the snow. Maybe the Assassins aren't serious about that "workout anywhere, anytime" thing as the Rangers?

Just kidding (although I still think Rangers are kinda hardcore). It's all in good spirit, hoping it pushes you towards working harder. Congratulations on resisting the sweets, that's hard on its own but like super impossible when... you know. What you described. Can't put it any better. Hope the flu is gone and you don't have to struggle with that as well