• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

maigrey

Maigrey's Challenge #4: Home, Home on the Range(rs).....

Curse the nerd hangover headache!

Ahhh if only that was it.  I am going to believe i was fighting off the nerd flu (aka strep throat) instead. :)

I <3 you.

I aim to live by example :)

Hi!!

Hi right back atcha!

I am still around - Life has been just crazy busy in a good way... new glasses (because Queen of the Dorks managed to lose hers either in or right before Boston), refi on the condo, new car, driving to NC for thanksgiving week, spending time with the Sister, and her kids (my niblings), trying to work, making powerpoint presentation of DOOOOOM, etc.

Also, my mom bought a giant bag of candy and it has been my downfall.   On the upside, I have teamed up with my sister and we are not Going Out for Every Damn Meal.   This may be harder once my dad and his wife are added to the mix tomorrow, but ugh, I'm tired of eating out.    [which is a phrase I never thought I would say].

I'm going to still try and attack this challenge, but I want to at least make progress and realize that life happens and right now I have other priorities.   But, I will try and catch up on people's threads over the long weekend.

xoxo nerds!

I really TRIED to crossfit this morning I slept in my workout clothes and everything.  But, this stupid head cold thing and a long trip said sleep would be better.  Also, it's possible I peeked at the WOD [after I knew i was going to be late for the 5.30] and saw 75 pullups / 75 burpees for time and said 'hell no' to the 6.30 am.  I barely made it out of bed by 7:50 for an 8 am call. yuk.

There is a 7 pm Strength class tonight that I think I will go to, and then a 5:30 am Wed WOD; if I can convince myself to get up that early.

But, I am getting back to the rest of my challenge.  I'd like to find time today to get my meal planning in, so I have stuff in the house for tomorrow.  I've made my decaf coffee and had the last BIL homemade bagel for breakfast and am about to do some ATG squats RIGHT NOW, so I hope you're drinking your water, @stargazer.

The visit was great, but I will have to write that up later.

• Like 1

2014-12-02 update

Quest #1:  Get strong!  

1. Go to Crossfit: Yes! Woo!

2. 10 min per day ATG squats: 10 minutes completed! Woo!

Quest #2: Eat to fuel my body appropriately.  To do this I will:

1. Follow "Palegrey" standards: No [Rob__ sent me chocolates, ugh...]

2. Track food: Nope [this is tomorrow's hurdle...]

3. Plan meals for the week: No

4. Go grocery shopping: No

5. Do a weekly cookup: No

Life quest #1: Declutter for 15 min a day: 15 minutes completed

Life quest #2:  15 min/day online dating:  0 minutes completed

Penalty Squats Owed: 45

I was rather productive today at work - cleared out a lot of things, which was probably making up for the fact that at 5:30 am I realized that there was no way on earth I was going to make it for crossfit.  I crawled out of bed at 7:45, took a shower and got on my 8 am conference call [albeit in my towel].

Food was off today, but I am getting back into the groove.  I got my 10 min ATG squats in before StarGazer even got halfway on her water, which is totally opposite of normal.  I even did filing!  

And, although I really wanted to nap at about 6 pm, I didn't - I got a couple other things done and headed off to strength class.  When I got there I said "aw, man, no lifting work?!?" Of course, this turned out to be exactly what I needed.  A bunch of kettle bell work and box jumps (or 45 lb plate jumps for me), etc - at a reasonable pace.  I got a little sweaty, but not super winded.  A decent welcome back workout.

And now, I'm going to go to bed at a ridiculously early hour, because I am getting to that 6:30 am class tomorrow.  We'll work up to the 5:30 am one on Friday...

0511-1006-1702-3433_Cartoon_of_a_Red_Hai

** Note, none of the two WOOs were harmed in this post **

2014-12-03 update

Crossfit in the morning, alll the deadlifts and stupid jumping rope. I loath jumping rope.   Also - why is it that all the gifs in a search for "angry jumping rope" are all perky peppy YAY JUMPING ROPE people??

But the deadlifts were fun.  We did 2-2-2 rest 3 min.  Unfortunately my partner and I thought that meant 3 sets of 2 and then rest 3 min.  It actually meant 1 set of two, then rest three min, repeat 3 times.  Oh well, lessoned learned and I ended up with all the DL DOMS, which weren't as terrible as the first 3 weeks during crossfit.

I still have this hanger on of the nibling flu, so food was still not paleogrey, but I did track everything I put in my mouth, so that's a start.  I just wish this coughing and hacking would cut it out already...

And... for the first time this challenge I did not earn any penalty squats!  Yay!  I've gotten a rough draft of my dating profile done, and cruising through the filing.   yesssss.

1. Go to Crossfit: No

2. 10 min per day ATG squats: 10 minutes completed

1. Follow "Palegrey" standards: No

2. Track food: Yes diary here.

Life quest #2:  15 min/day online dating:  15 minutes completed

Penalty Squats Owed: 0 <- WOOOO!!

2014-12-04 update

No WODs on Thursday so it was a much needed rest day.  I slept in until 7, got some stuff done in the morning (but not nearly enough) and just wanted to sleep most of the day.

I also made some tasty overnight oats thanks to raptrons linkage - I spent 1.5 hours in target Wednesday night looking for molasses and maple syrup and of course got distracted, as happens in target.

I made gingerbread oats (hence the need for molasses) and chocolate almond oats [sub chocolate almond butter for nutella], and they both were deeelicious.  I had one for  breakfast and then because of the tireds and lazy, I had one of them for lunch too. Yum.  I need to get out of my cozy bed and make cinnamon ones and another chocolate almond one (because it has like 1 extra ingredient  to the oats - chocolate almond butter).

I am exhausted today, and will allow myself to skip crossfit tomorrow morning because Saturday is the OLY foundations class, and I *really* want to go to that and not overtire myself.  I'll still get 3 workouts in this week.

Food is enh.  I am tracking everything I put in my mouth, but when I am sick it is almost impossible to stay paleogrey - my willpower muscle is all weak when I get sick...

1. Go to Crossfit: No

2. 10 min per day ATG squats: 10 minutes completed

1. Follow "Palegrey" standards: No

2. Track food: Yes diary here.

Life quest #2:  15 min/day online dating:  15 minutes completed

Penalty Squats Owed: 0 - DOUBLE WOOOO!!