In which Sarah Barr... Ah it deleted everything.

Sarah Barr

There was an extensive post, there were pictures, and as far as you know there was even a choreographed dance routine explaining my goals for my seventh challenge, but then I pressed something and it was GONE, it was ALL GONE. So you get the brief version.

Goal 1! 

- No wheat as a major component (but if it's in my pretend bacon, that's ok), so I don't eat truckloads of pasta and sandwiches.

- No dairy except lactofree milk, or small amounts of regular milk in tea if I'm out for coffee, so I don't have a sore tummy.

- No Christmas-themed food until after this challenge, when it is actually pretty much Christmas. I ate a sizeable portion of Christmas pudding today so that is enough of that.

(+5 Con)

Goal 2!

- Watch yer portions. 

- As part of this, eat slowly. Chew your food. And if possible, eat out of the office so boss isn't breathing down your neck.

(+5... I think this was Sta since that's the closest I found to discipline.)

Goal 3!

- I am so very stressed with work, I have NaNoWriMo for the rest of November, and I am trying to find a new job so I don't eat my work laptop in a fit of frustrated rage. This, on top of diet, means I want my Mission Control to run as smooth as possible.

- Therefore, this goal is housework! One reasonably-sized chore (e.g. do all dishes) a day.

(+2 Cha)

Life Goal!

- NaNoWriMo - 5 pages written with pen and paper a day. When November ends, read a Shakespeare play then re-read along with a recorded performance every week. 
(+1 Sta, +1 Wis, +1 Cha).

Points!

Can't remember the points system. There is one though! In addition, weigh ins will be on Sunday mornings, with accompanying notes on suggested tweaks for the next week.

Picture:

I was waffling extensively about roasting apples and using words like voluptuous and sensuous, but then it all got deleted. But there was this picture which I found in lieu of gorgeous roasting apples! Recipe here if you're interested. Doesn't sound like my thing but PRETTY.
Apple-Walnut-Tart-with-Maple-Custard-Bak

• Like 4

Sarah Barr - Level 13 Warhobbit

STR 18 | DEX 7 | STA 17 | CON 38 | WIS 28 | CHA 12

Challenges:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19 20  21  22  23  24  25 (Current)

Accountabiddlydoodlies Group                 Current Weight: 106.1kg                      Recipe Book               

"I hold... that a man should strive to the uttermost for his life's set prize" - Robert Browning

Instagram (Things I have painted or made.)

To-Do List
Idiot Jar Limit: £5.00        Current Idiot Jar Total: £0.00     Current Idiot Jar Forfeit: [TBD].

Your dance routine was epic, I will vouch for the fact that definately happened.

Great goals for ending the year although resisting Christmas food until the 21st December? Your resolve must be amazing! 

And I love that apple tart, it's so pretty! I would never have thought of that. I bet my version would end up on that Pinterest Fails website though LOL.

Let's do this! 

• Like 2

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

YAY SARAH, LETS HAVE FUN AND DO ALL THE THINGS.

I am sick, I want to lift soon and I miss you.

YES! WE SHALL LIFT SOON! Need to do laundry first though so not tomorrow, but soon when you are feeling better! I hope you feel well quickly! <3

Challenges:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19 20  21  22  23  24  25 (Current)

Accountabiddlydoodlies Group                 Current Weight: 106.1kg                      Recipe Book               

"I hold... that a man should strive to the uttermost for his life's set prize" - Robert Browning

To-Do List
Idiot Jar Limit: £5.00        Current Idiot Jar Total: £0.00     Current Idiot Jar Forfeit: [TBD].

Day One:

Forgot breakfast. The idea of intermittent fasting has not made me feel guilt about missing breakfast any more. 

Lunch went well; I even bought new tupperware for work so I can buy things in packs and something something. 

Wrote about 8 pages, which then turned out to be about 1,500 words, so I think I want to double my NaNo commitment to 10 pages at least.

Ordered my earl grey, feeling happy about sticking to dairy and wheat minimisation, and then realised I was eating a cheese toastie.

Womp womp.

But portions have been kept properly! 

Laundry was going to be my thing tonight but partner did that. 

Gym tomorrow if gym trousers were in that load. 

Not the best day one, but not the worst!

Oh, today's weight is 106.2kg, which doesn't really surprise me.

• Like 1

To-Do List

Yeah!!! Excellent goals and congrats on a great start to the challenge! :-D

And OMG I'm not a cake person but that cake is totally drool-worthy! I'm salivating over my keyboard as I type! xD

IntroductionBodyware: Fitness Journal

Challenge Belt: (1)(2)(3)(4), (5), (6), (7), [WOOT](8), [TEMP HIATUS], (9)

Bodyweight Info: Starting: 264.5lbs, Current: 167.8lbs (NEUTRAL)

IronGlider v2.10, Adventurer Rank: Level 8

Isn't it funny how food can sneak up on you.  Oh well, now you're on the lookout, and those pesky ninja toasts won't get the drop on you next time.

• Like 1

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

Day two went fairly well! Didn't wake up in time to gym, but diet went okay (could have done with more veg, mind) and I did plenty housework (compensating for doing none the day before) and writing. I did, admittedly, have to force myself into writing by putting on my itchiest clothes and forbidding myself to take them off until 1,500 words were done. I cracked at 1,000 but that's 1,000 more than I would have written! 

Today I also woke up too late (I need a bucket of water over my bed or something). And my wheat-and-dairy free lunch option was sold out in the place where I was meeting a friend,so another cheese toastie had to happen. This is hard as a vegetarian! At least the omnomnivores get the grim-looking tuna salad! 

Hmm. I want a contingency plan, something that compensates for times when it's either wheat-and-dairy or hunger. Maybe, for every not-okay food, I have to add an extra portion of freggies (god I love that word, thankyou Deftona!) to the next meal. Or find new places to lurk in. But Starbucks is so useful, people sitting in there and writing is so stereotypical that I feel comfortable there! Besides, the other places near me are fast food joints and a pub and chips are not an appropriate replacement for bread in this situation.

What I really need is to be able to write at home. 

And Coffeebucks are selling their Christmas mugs.

I could easily turn a tiny corner of my room into my very own knockoff coffee shop. Just need an extra kettle, maybe an awkwardly high chair and table... some Kate Bush CDs...

...plotting...

• Like 3

To-Do List

I know how hard it is being a vegetarian when you're looking to buy food out. It was always cheese toasties or goats cheese and caramelised onion tarts if it was a more sit-down affair. I think I must have eaten hundred of those bastard goats cheese tarts over the years... Your idea of adding an extra freggie portion is a great one though. Which brings me to:

I have to add an extra portion of freggies (god I love that word, thankyou Deftona!)

^ You're welcome, it's a bloody awesome word, that. 

I could easily turn a tiny corner of my room into my very own knockoff coffee shop. Just need an extra kettle, maybe an awkwardly high chair and table... some Kate Bush CDs...

...plotting...

^ Please let me come. A toffee nut latte and Kate Bush is actually my idea of heaven. 

I don't like Starbucks, but I would go with you two...

That's how much I love you both <3

I would sneak you in Costas or Cafe Nero in a hip flask <3

• Like 1

I would sneak you in Costas or Cafe Nero in a hip flask <3

Agreed, although my local premium-ness of 'Java Lounge' and my go-to-budget-with-art-students 'Ort Cafe' crush both!

...all this talk about cafes and lounges *drools*

So, er...

Yeah. 

I have done bugger all! 

NaNo was a bit too much to do with no plan. I found myself writing poetry addressed to Bruce Dickinson's legs in the 80s because I couldn't think of anything else to write about, and realised I had to stop this madness.

Don't think a challenge was the best idea this month. 

Roll on January.

Will of course still try and make an effort to not just eat my weight in cheese sandwiches and lebkuchen. 

• Like 4

To-Do List

The poetry, by the way, was positively Vogon in style. 

• Like 3

To-Do List

Ah man :-( I've also overseen just how difficult it is to do all the things I aim to do towards the end of the year. Harder to wake up in the cold, the daylight going, s.a.d kicking in, the mellow-ness of many people around, festivities lure/hype, (not to mention surprises around the corner) yeah it's challenging :-/

Still though, maybe tomorrow/next week you'll feel better/refreshed to chip away some of the challenge benefits, right? :-)

Sent from my Satellite A660 using Tapatalk

Still though, maybe tomorrow/next week you'll feel better/refreshed to chip away some of the challenge benefits, right? :-)

I'm thinking the prodigious application of fresh mango, raspberries, edamame beans and watermelon will help with this!

Deftona: I deleted it pretty much immediately after I'd written three lines, but black wet-look leggings were certainly in there...

To-Do List

Huh, was going to post something in a motivated tone about knuckling down after NaNo but it deleted everything again. 

Seeing a pattern here. 

But yes, dug out a notebook, bought protein, bought fruit. Going to aim for 1500kcal/day and 3 pints of water a day. 

Have been up to my eyeballs in crafts, but less so now. Can't remember last time I did exercise. Man. 

Probably not going to post here again till next challenge, but I'm going to make sure I'm around then!

Hope you guys are making mincemeat out of those festive gluttony goblins. Kick the arse!

<3

• Like 1

To-Do List

Plotting...

Thought it might be fun to spend the week in between coming home after Christmas and the start of next challenge doing some of the weird things listed under the healthy tag on Pinterest. Some of them do seem like pretty good ideas! Just need to plan timetables. 

Things I have seen and want to try:

- All of those daft detox drinks that are just iced water with bits of mint/lemon/strawberry floating about in them. Detox drinks are a load of fluff but tasty water is tasty.

- Overnight oats, in mason jars, of course

- Mason jar salads. I say salad. There may be no leaves, and there will be lots of mozzarella.

- Various non-pasta veggie recipes

- Misc. 15 minute stretchy breathy things.

- Might as well try these chia seed whatchamahoosits while they're on sale in the health food shops.

Will report back on things I've tried, and how they turned out, starting on the 28th!

(Also, Merry Christmas, my lovely nerds!)

• Like 1

To-Do List