No registered users viewing this page.

Neva

Neva finds discipline

towers.jpg

Main Goal: Insert discipline into my life

Theme: Tower Defense

Discipline-is.jpg

Goal 1: Routines

Mornings - Get up, dressed, and started on something productive within an hour of my first alarm to be set at eight hours each night

Nights - Off the computer by 11, read some but remember to stop by around 12

+1 enemy killed for each routine done correctly per day

Goal 2: Workout/Move

BBW, run, walk, or at least really stretch

+1 enemy killed for each day I did a workout

Goal 3: Make more good food and water choices

Drink a 0.5 L of water, skip a bad food choice, or substitute a poor choice with a good one

+1 for each good choice

Life: Keep up with coursework

I have 8 classes and a skill I am learning on my own. I need to stop falling behind and pull up my grades.

+1 per hour of studying

Points per goal per week to find total

Totals.png

The total column is the number of monsters my towers need to kill each week.

I will start with 10 heath, that means that I can miss up to 9 monsters/points.

Building up towers to overkill will not defeat more monsters, therefore points do not roll-over to the next week.

discipline-is-just-choosing-between-what

self-discipline.jpg

• Like 2

Tower defense is an awesome theme.

You might notice that someone has added tags onto your thread.  This is not to pigeonhole you into a specific guild, but rather to attract the attention of the guild ambassadors because of your lifestyle or a grouping of goals, so that they might be able to motivate, encourage and advise you of anything during your challenge with us.  You don't even need to wait for them, you're welcome to pop into the Adventurers to say hi and introduce yourself and to see what they're about. Also you are more than welcome to drop me a line at any time if you need anything.

Good luck

AB xx

Hello! I'm bananasheena, an Ambassador for the Assassins' Guild! Doing the BBWW is a great way to start. Your goals for this challenge fit the spirit of our guild, and therefore, we'd like to welcome you to the challenge and extend our support!

More information about our guild can be found in our Guild Information and Announcements thread. If you have any questions about our guild, you can pop over to the Level 1 Assassin Initiates Chat/Q&A thread, where the Ambassadors and Guild Leaders will get back to you as soon as possible, or you can post in the Assassins' Den Guild Chat and hear from our members. Also, if you'd like to have a better idea of what the different members of the guild are working on in this challenge, you can take a look at the Assassin Phonebook. If you have any questions to ask our members regarding specific training categories/items, do drop them a PM!

All the best with the challenge! Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions or need anything at all. :)

Day 1:

Waking up was in the improvement range, but not close to the target - yet. 

I drank a litre of water (+2)

I studied for slight more than (+1) today.

Verdict: Not a bad start, and plenty of room for improvement for the next 6 weeks.

I was ready to start working within an hour of my alarm today! I have not succeeded at a night yet, but the mornings thing is the important one if I am to have time to complete my other tasks and goals. I took a long walk yesterday, full of exploration and adventure; I traveled past the known world to the land beyond, pushed through the barrier of the magic fence and marked my progress before returning to the palace, sodden.

Week/Assault 1 Complete

Untitled.png

Through managing resources well I built towers strong enough that no monsters passed the first turn to reach my back-up towers. Annihilation complete.

I love how you've set this up! I may have to do something like this for housework. I am totally with you on your goals, except school work for me is homeschooling my son. Do you do anything in particular to get yourself going in the morning?

Thank you. As for mornings - not really. I was once the type of person to wake up at the same time each day no matter when I went to bed with or without an alarm. I miss that. Mornings are now a fight whether I go to bed on early, or late, whether I get up or take way too long to move. That is why I added to my challenge, increasing by week. I did it twice out of one needed last week, but frankly it is because I set my alarm within an hour of when I had to leave.

This week has lacked discipline, but maybe I can pull through tomorrow. I have been thinking about the 10 HP thing, and I wonder if that is not fair, given that the required points are 25-79.5. I should have done better for this week, and I will start now at getting back on track.

Just dropping in to say hello! 

I really like the graphic about discipline being a choice between what you want most and what you want right now. And cool idea with the weekly tower game, what are the results of the 2nd week?

Hi!

I suspect that there is a rather large subset of words one could look up and find uplifting or motivational images for.

I managed to pull through for the week, by earning 12 points on Saturday. I did a lot of coursework and drank a lot of water. I also decided I will leave HP at 10, but if it drops below full and I am over for a week, then those extra points can be added to my current HP but not exceed 10.

Untitled.png

• Like 1

Hi!

I suspect that there is a rather large subset of words one could look up and find uplifting or motivational images for.

I managed to pull through for the week, by earning 12 points on Saturday. I did a lot of coursework and drank a lot of water. I also decided I will leave HP at 10, but if it drops below full and I am over for a week, then those extra points can be added to my current HP but not exceed 10.

Untitled.png

Oh yea, I have a few themes that I love to read through on Google!!!

Looks like the challenging is going great for you.  How's BBWW going?

d46c7436d82322613c4226a30612176d.jpg

Chris-Tien Jinn

The BWWs are slow. Week one was just a walk. My strength is low (compared to what it was, which was low), but not nothing. Endurance, on the other hand, is gone. I can do 5 push-ups with a bit of a struggle with form, but it definitely seems to be an endurance issue, not as much as strength right now.

CPTRogers

Thank you.

Did you know, there is a real road called "Less Traveled rd"?

https://goo.gl/maps/RHlHF

I had no idea!  That's actually kind of cool. 

As for the push-ups, maybe do regular push-ups till you can't do anymore, then switch to knees...?  Or throw in some reverse push-ups?  =3

Totals.png

Actual results:

Untitled.png

For the third turn Neva, the player, has annihilated the incoming enemies! Unlike the previous round, none of the assailants made it to the second curve in the path, although some were close.

"Not quite enough overkill; I should upgrade and build more."

Half Challenge Review:

I am doing very well. There is a challenge but I am routinely meeting it. I think I made a good, flexible challenge that is still pushing me, but realistically. 

For week 1 I was over each of my goals by at least a little for a strong start. Week 2 faltered with food/water overcoming not enough good nights/mornings and a goal-meeting exercise and studying. Week 3, conversely, went over the top with studying but was low on food/water, although I feel that routine went very well.

• Like 1

Awesome theme to your challenge!

Thank you. 

Good job with week 3!  Love the overkill. ;)

Keep up the good work into week 4.

It is not looking particularly good, but maybe I will be able to catch up enough to not die (lose all 10 HP). 

I have an exam tomorrow, and typically I would not count that as study time, but I might have to to not die. :/

• Like 1

I died.

Routine: 6 Exercise: 2 Choices: 20 Study: 6.25 Points: 34.25 Percent: 62

Out of 55.25 points needed. Including non-study but somewhat academic stuff I still do not pass.

Routine: 6 Exercise: 2 Choices: 20 Study: 14.75 Points: 42.75 Percent: 77

The towers laid untouched, collecting funds for future upgrades, but what was enough to clear the round for the previous turn proved disastrously under-powered. More than the required enemies advanced upon the home base, annihilating it. There were no health points left for this player. Repeat from the last save point, restart the game, or go on to the next level?

I am not sure whether I should repeat week 4, still go on to week 6, or just start from the beginning (week 1) again. I think either way I missed getting to level 2.

In other news, I feel okay about the exam. I think I was close to passing, not blowing it out of the water, but I am suspecting that I was more likely to have passed than fallen short of the line.