• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NicTheRugger

NicTheRugger is Almost There

tumblr_magfs1Ebrf1ro8qpo.gif

Best Disney villain ever.  Wouldn't you agree?

hades-gif.gif

Also, good luck with the networking.  It is very important.  

And don't let the memo get you all stressed out.

NWLecTL.gif

• Like 1

I only saw Hercules once years ago, but I thought it was really fun, especially the villain.  I don't know why people disliked it.  Greek myths and Gospel totally go together, lol!

I love all your gifs!  I haven't seen a ton of Disney movies, especially new ones (I was a kid around the Beauty&Beast / Aladdin time, leaving kid-kingdom by the time Lion King came out) so I get to see your gifs with fresh eyes!

How have you increased in pushups so quickly!?  I've been stuck at 5 for ages!!

• Like 1

I like, and forgot about somehow, your burpee (over here they're called Bastards) challenge

Infact I like it that much I am going to jump in at day 11 today and keep you company

Hah! I love it! I have to admit, I read this post just as class was starting and I nearly busted out laughing, because my overactive imagination immediately jumped to me mentally screaming "ONE BASTARD LEFT!" (Yeah, I know I'm weird) 

And yes.... my plan to get more people to do burpees is working!

tumblr_m7q5ytRZZD1rv8jpzo1_500.gif

Ahem.... *cough*

Wow, your pushup progress is great!  Kind of makes me want to do a burpee challenge myself....maybe next challenge ^_^

I also am really impressed with your gif-hunting abilities.

Thanks! I didn't think I'd actually follow through on this challenge! They're hard but there's just such a feeling of satisfaction when you get them done!

Also, thanks!

tumblr_inline_mlbdplD7bd1qz4rgp.gif

Best Disney villain ever.  Wouldn't you agree?

hades-gif.gif

Also, good luck with the networking.  It is very important.  

And don't let the memo get you all stressed out.

NWLecTL.gif

Hades is definitely one of my favorite Disney villains. He's great!  (The other is Scar, because I mean, c'mon. "Be prepared" is one of the most terrifyingly awesome songs ever made.)

tumblr_n6mp86ZVGS1qd8ezvo2_500.gif

I only saw Hercules once years ago, but I thought it was really fun, especially the villain.  I don't know why people disliked it.  Greek myths and Gospel totally go together, lol!

I love all your gifs!  I haven't seen a ton of Disney movies, especially new ones (I was a kid around the Beauty&Beast / Aladdin time, leaving kid-kingdom by the time Lion King came out) so I get to see your gifs with fresh eyes!

How have you increased in pushups so quickly!?  I've been stuck at 5 for ages!!

You are never too old to watch Disney movies!

Honestly, I'm not even sure how I did it, myself. I think it's because I'm pushing for new limits every day, as opposed to just doing them every other day. I was inspired by re-reading Steve's 60 PLP Challenge article. I figured that while I'm not up to a place to do all of that (since I can only do 1 neutral-grip pull-up), I can start with push-ups and work my way up!  

tumblr_ne2wmqYtcW1ru4tifo1_500.gif

So one of my professors decided to move class from Tuesday afternoon of next week to yesterday at 9 am. Unfortunately, that meant that I didn't have enough time to update before my internet procrastination blocker kicked in, and by the time it turned off at 9:45 p.m., I was already out the door to meet up with some friends at the local pub and talk about everything but the memo. 

But... I'm back! And I promise that I'm still on track.

Day 13 Update:

Challenge 1: Adulting

Good news, I'm on budget. Bad news, I hit the limit yesterday at the bar. It was worth it though, since I got to hang out with my friends. I'll just have to not buy anything non-essential for two days :P

Getting out of the house on time has been a struggle for the past few days. I'm just tired and it's so hard to get out of bed in the morning when my bed is so cozy and warm. 

539508542791.gif

Mornings end up a lot like this. But I still made it out of the house, so I figure that's progress.

Challenge 2: Greet the Sun

Since today was an optional sun-salutation day, I still did one. 

tumblr_inline_mq4bljJZsV1qz4rgp.gif

It's a good way to start the day, eh?

Challenge 3: Is today the day my arms fall off?

13 burpees! I actually did 7 push-ups today! 

Admittedly, I was super hungry after that. 

tumblr_mcz10l0DQi1ro8qpo.gif

Omnomnomnom. I made myself a fantastic breakfast of eggs, bacon, and a salad (spring mix and salsa). Nothing fancy, but man was it filling. Which is a good thing, because I will probably not eat again until dinner time. 

I'll stalk people during my study breaks to see how everyone is doing!

• Like 1

Week 2 Wrap-Up

So this week was not as good as the first week. I've barely worked out, with my yoga and burpees really being the only type of exercise I've done this week (walking to and from school notwithstanding). I need to up my game, especially since Thanksgiving is in 4 days!

This was definitely the challenge that took the hit this week. I've only just cleaned the house. I went over my "discretionary spending" budget last night by buying some fabric, and then again tonight when I went out for dinner with some friends.

tumblr_nfaseqWodC1s4hjb0o1_500.gif

Ah well, I'll just do better this week!

That being said, I stayed on budget with my groceries, and I was out of the house pretty much around 8:30 every day. Some days a little later than others, but I didn't completely fail at this challenge this week.

The good news is that I turned in my memo this morning, which was a major stress-source this week. Now onto outlining!! (Nooooo, finals, y u already here?)

For the upcoming week, with black Friday deals I'll be spending the moneys on Christmas gifts for the family, so I'll have to limit "discretionary spending" to mean things only for me, whereas gifts will be budgeted to $20-40 a person. 

Grade: B

tumblr_inline_mflkwg1xga1ro8qpo.gif

I've done this every day but today for the week, and since today was an optional day, no points lost.

Grade: A

Challenge 3: Burpees! (Or "Och, ye bastards"-- ItsDaniel, I blame you for any and all future titles that call burpees bastards)

And with 14 days of the challenge gone, so have fourteen days of burpees. Today was day 14, completed. The push-ups were on the knees, since I slept weirdly on my shoulder and couldn't really do my full weight. But I'm proud of myself for getting to 14 today!

Kuzco-dancing.gif

Boo-yah!

Super pumped for Week 3!

• Like 1

Good job on week 3.  And congrats on finishing the memo!  Too bad about exams though; those things suck.  Just remember you got into this law school in part because of your good grades.  Whatever worked for you in the past will work for you now.  And issue-spotting is key!

• Like 1

Woah, you're doing incredible!  You're even doing great with the budgeting, and that's a very strict budget.

Yes, finally, Emperor's New Groove gifs.  Some of my friends and I can have whole conversations with lines, and sometimes it's the only way we can convey emotion.  

vUZGt8B3QE0O4.gif

• Like 1

Day 17 Challenge Update

Hey all! Sorry for disappearing for the past couple of days, I flew home yesterday, and spent most of the day trying to get home for Thanksgiving (What would normally be a 2-hour to the airport drive turned into a 3-hour drive, and airports during the holidays are just dreadful). 

Even though I'm home and technically "on vacation," I was still up at 7:30 in the morning! I'll be spending most of my day doing responsible "adult" things like getting dinner ready because mum's at work, and going to the bank and the post office. And outlining. Because finals. I'm thinking about it rather like Kuzco:

Bring_1bb693_809765.jpg

I woke up, went downstairs to do my sun salutations since there is no room whatsoever in my bedroom to do yoga.... and I got mauled by my pets. The dog kept licking my hand and face, the cats thought it would be funny to play with my hair....

tumblr_mf9hpyHpQX1rea34io1_r1_500.gif

Something like that, but with more cats, rather than Dalmatians.

Challenge 3: BurpeesRUs

Have not done those yet. Hoping to get in 17 today! Probably as a study break or before bed, since I really want to focus on these outlines.

But I can feel (and kind of see!) a difference in my arms and shoulders since starting burpees. I expect to be able to pull a Hercules at the end of the challenge:

mYTelrl.gif

I'll stalk people later tonight or during my study breaks! :heart:

• Like 2

Hope you can get in your sun salutations and burpees even while with family (and pets).  And of course, good luck studying for those finals!

• Like 1

Hope you can get in your sun salutations and burpees even while with family (and pets).  And of course, good luck studying for those finals!

Thanks!

Your adulting is going really well

Thank you! :panda:

http://youtu.be/lPUSzVberdA

Pets just love it when you do yoga.  Maybe because you're on the floor with them, they know you're busy, you're getting on the same in-the-moment brain wave as them.  It just brings them out.

Hah! That video was fantastic. I think it's all of the above, in terms of reasoning.

Hope your Thanksgiving went well!  Good luck with finals; undergrad is bad enough, I can't imagine law school >.<

Thank you! I hope yours went well as well! Finals are terrifying. I've had nightmares for days now that I'm going to fail everything.

I'm back, guys and gals!

Week 3 Wrap-Up

Not gonna lie, friends. This week was hard. I had a really hard time forcing myself to do get through these challenges.

Groceries? Bought them last night for the week. There was a tragic accident involving the gallon of milk I bought breaking in my driveway that necessitated me buying another one. Rage. I was so upset about it. Good news was that I still managed to stay under-budge. $40.00.

In terms of extra spending, I bought Christmas presents for my family, including myself. I got myself a sweet pair of faux-leather pants, an item that's been on my "to buy" list for about 4 years. Yes, it was over my budget, but it's money well-spent. My "discretionary" fund is really more for things like the bar or brunch with friends, rather than buying myself a much-desired X-Mas gift

Since I only had school on Monday and Tuesday last week, I didn't need to leave the house by 8:30 for most of the week. 

Grade? I guess I'll give myself an A for this.

Monday-Friday? Check. I even taught my mum how to do sun salutations, because yoga = healthy, and poor mum has back problems. Thankfully, the animals stayed away, since I did the sun salutations in my room after that first attempt with the animals.

Challenge 3: Burpees

This was the hardest one to do. But I did. Yesterday was day 21, and I did 21 burpees. My knee hurts today as a result, which makes me unhappy. :/

Grade: A-, because they weren't my best form burpees.

• Like 1

Not gonna lie, friends. This week was hard. I had a really hard time forcing myself to do get through these challenges.

But you did it so congrats.  Now just gotta keep at it through the finals period!

And hope the knee feels better soon!

• Like 1

Hey everyone! I'm back! (Kind of...)

My knee has still been a problem. I haven't done burpees in 3 days, and I'm rather upset about it. I'm hoping that I can do two sets of 13 today to get to 26. It's not consecutive, but I'd feel better about doing something rather than nothing.

Finals stress is hitting. I'm not sleeping well, I have stress-induced headaches, and I'm kinda feeling gloomy because the weather is so cloudy. I need the sun!!

But here's the week in review so far:

Adulting:

If adulting = studying, then this is a B. I'm finding it really difficult to concentrate, which is my horrible way of dealing with stress. When I'm stressed, I get easily distracted, which is awful when I'm trying to focus on my outlines. 

I'm attempting to keep the apartment clean, but I'll definitely do the vacuuming either tonight or tomorrow. It needs to be done. I dusted the first floor yesterday, so I'll dust the upstairs before I vacuum. 

Sun Salutations

Successfully done every day, even though getting out of bed is becoming a monumental struggle.

Burpees

Sadness. I haven't been able to do these since Monday. . :(

I'm really looking forward to the end of exams. I miss sleep. =_= 

Law exams suck.  Lots of stress and even more studying.  But you got this.  You've been working hard, and you are obviously as good of a student if not better than everyone else at your school (otherwise you wouldn't have been accepted).  Just put the hours in and kick butt!

• Like 1

how long till the exams are done?

My last exam is on the 18th. 

Update:

I'm pretty sure I've only left my house for grocery shopping, review sessions, and that awful 6-hour exam I had yesterday in the past week and a half. I spend most of my time in my pajamas, or sweatpants. I haven't been sleeping well, which is throwing off my ability to concentrate and study. I don't think I'm adulting very well anymore. Even though I've been doing nearly nothing, I still feel burnt out!

tumblr_inline_my3xw1Bo791ro8qpo.gif

Like these two! And I don't even have the excuse of having to drag a crazy 16-year-old with species identification issues up to the surface!

I can say with complete honesty that this is the only challenge that's getting an "A" for this six-week challenge. It's the only way I can motivate myself to get out of bed in the morning. 

Even if I feel rather ridiculous doing it.

tumblr_inline_mi7unhWz421ro8qpo.gif

Challenge 3: I swear I'm a functioning human, but I might need to see a doctor about this.

My knee still hurts! I haven't done burpees in a week. Yesterday, my leg was so miserable (possibly because of sitting still for a 6-hour exam?), that I couldn't fall asleep. I'm going to try to do maybe 5 or 6 burpees tonight, just to see where my knee is at. And if it feels okay tomorrow, I'll do more. I might have to "re-set" this challenge, even though it's already half-way over. I'm rather disappointed.

tumblr_m2wasvf8ha1ro8qpo.gif

(Disappointed!Stitch is adorable.)

But knee ouchies aside, because of finals, I feel not like a person. My civil procedure exam is in two days...

tumblr_m6cgzehHNf1ro8qpo.gif

I'm honestly not sure what I'm even doing in this class. I've been studying with flashcards and such, and my outline is a terrifyingly thorough 25-page monster, but I have that horrid feeling that when I get to the exam, I'm going to forget everything, and I don't even want to start on torts or criminal law. Ugh. Guys. I just can't. I'm starting to wonder why I decided law school was a smart life choice, and not history school. (Because being a medieval historian is so relevant in today's society, right?)

I know I'm whining a lot. I have so much to be grateful for, but the stress, the stress-induced insomnia, and the sore knee are making me miserable. 

There's a lot of pressure on folk through education etc to do this and do that, and get these grades and act a certain way or the world is over.

Do the best you can do with the time that you have available and do your best in the exam and you will have done better than 90% of other people

• Like 1

Civ pro is the worst.  And it is the worst for everyone.  It is the more "legalese" of the 1L classes.  I mean everyone has a basic understanding of criminal law, torts (sue people!), etc. before starting class.  You know what murder is, that if you blow someone's house up accidentally you were probably negligent, but what is this about "long-arm jurisdiction or there are rules on what parties are need in a lawsuit?!?  Just remember that everyone is in the same boat as you.  Civil procedure and property are the worst.  

And a 6 hour exam?!?  Your law school hates you.  

Good luck though!  Soon it'll be over and you can relax for a few weeks.  

• Like 1

I hope your knee is better! and I think that having an unreasonable schedule (EXAMS) and meeting the requirements of that schedule is pretty much the definition of adulting. sometimes you look better while doing it, and sometimes you're in pajamas nonstop.