Citizenkade VS the Beast

It's the only way I can describe it: It's kind of a Jeckyl/Hyde thing. I call it the Beast, and I want to tame it.

Tonight is the last night before the new challenge. Everything is set up and ready to go. 

I got this!

Race: Half Elf/Human. Class: Wildling Ranger. Level: 3 STR: 6 DEX: 2 STA: 7 CON: 5 WIS: 3 CHA: 0 

First Campaign Second Campaign

Daily Campaign Battle Log

MY FITNESS PAL LOG

DAY TWO: Citizenkade VS Armistice Day

Funny self-employment fact: Holidays can sneak up on you. I thought Veteran's Day was yesterday, made arrangements for groceries for the restaurant, didn't make my deposits, and went about my business. Oops! Came in today, little cash in the till, and no way to get cash from the bank! We got creative!

Good start to the day, too. Made my walk (3 some odd miles) 5 minutes quicker than yesterday. Kept the eating under control, too.

Food was 1.5 cups steel cut oats with an apple and a cup of almond milk.

Two cups of cajun red beans and rice with veggie sausage

big bowl of veggie quinoa soup

1 cup rice with 2 cups grilled cauliflower and a cup of grilled vegan chicken strips

Also had a cup of soy milk with my coffees

Yesterday's workout was a real eye-opener. I was doing pretty well six months ago, could put in 4 sets of 50 pushups and was getting really good definition on my arms, shoulders, and chest. Barely got in the three sets of ten, but the body isn't feeling beat up and run down today, either. I'm actually feeling pretty good!

Race: Half Elf/Human. Class: Wildling Ranger. Level: 3 STR: 6 DEX: 2 STA: 7 CON: 5 WIS: 3 CHA: 0 

MY FITNESS PAL LOG

Where have you been?!?  Good to see you back sir.

I fell into a bit of a funk. It's good to be back!

Hey, hey, CK. Welcome back mate.

Thanks so much! I'm happy to be back, I've got some work to do!

MY FITNESS PAL LOG

DAY THREE: CITIZENKADE VS. THE MISSING DEPOSIT

The wife looked at my battle-logs about 9 months ago, and wanted to know what the VS part of each entry was. I didn't have an answer then, but it makes sense to me now. The VS on each day's entry is the thing that challenged me most, was the most likely to bring out the Beast and blow it all to hell. Think of it like the Hulk, but instead of getting angry and Hulking out, I get stressed and Bulk out!

Today, it was the Missing Deposit. Every day, the previous day's credit card charges for the restaurant get deposited into my bank account. We're still a pretty new business (less than five years) so we live pretty close to financial ruin almost every week. I'm not being dramatic, it's just the path we chose to walk.

This morning, yesterday's charges did not deposit. We did not have funds to purchase some of the inventory for today, at least not up front. We had to wait for cash sales to come through, then run to the restaurant supply store and grab what we most needed. To top it off, it was a slow sales day. Our bakery case was looking pretty good by the end of the day, but I got out before giving in!

Walk was one hour, 3.25 miles to work.

Food was steel cut oats with soy milk and a banana for breakfast.

2 cups of red beans and dirty rice with veggie sausage for lunch

a banana for a snack

Spring greens with rice, grilled tofu, pumpkin seeds, and a peanut ginger dressing was for dinner, leaving me with a spare 800 calories.

One down side, when I went to work out, my arms actually hurt. SO, I'm putting the weights on the list for tomorrow instead.

• Like 1

MY FITNESS PAL LOG