• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Endor

The iron age [Endor]

Challenge 14

I turn 40 during this challenge so this one will be about reinforcing some healthy habits and putting some structures in place to cope with entering my middle years. Some things are getting harder as I get older, recovery in particular so I'll need to focus on mobility more.

I still have a bum wrist which does rule most lifting out but I'm getting around it with lots of leg work and it's slowly improving. 

Goals:

1. Don't look into the light...[DEX 3]

I spend way too much time on computers and TV. 

- Maximum 1.5 hours a day of either surfing the web or watching TV. Using PC for work stuff doesn't count. 

2. Lift [sTR 5]

- 3 times a week

3. Eat (well) [CHA 2]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ctTQeTPILI8

- Full Paleo 3 days a week

4. I like the way you work it [WIS 5]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KL9mRus19o

- I'm working on a plan for a small side business to earn some extra cash and keep me sane, goals for this 

-- Finish prototype

-- Finish cost model

-- Launch website

• Like 2

Away from the light... that is hard, I wish you'll have the willpower needed. You'll have my admiration.

Mmmmm... side business, website... to keep yourself sane... Hmmmmm.... what is it about? Can we know? Or are you turning yourself into a supervillain and want to keep your plans hidden?

Go for it!

Sub'd. I'm super interested in this side business. I do well with photography on the side!

It's not going to be a huge money spinner, more about keeping me busy and engaged. Once I have the prototype complete I'll post a pic. 

Subb'd. Of course

Thanks, I'll work harder knowing you are watching ;)

Good luck old man!

:crushed: 

Need to  start planning a Sydney xmas meetup, maybe first week of December?

Away from the light... that is hard, I wish you'll have the willpower needed. You'll have my admiration.

Mmmmm... side business, website... to keep yourself sane... Hmmmmm.... what is it about? Can we know? Or are you turning yourself into a supervillain and want to keep your plans hidden?

Go for it!

Hi Lara, Nice to have you along again :) I think the less TV/PC time is going to be the hardest goal but very worthwhile too if I can do it  :distracted: .  Secret side business involves lazers and sharks that's all I can reveal for now :lol:

Great goals; simple yet challenging. Subbed :positive:

Welcome :)

All good stuff mate, let me know if you need someone to poke fun at you and make sarcastic comments.

Hehe how can I lose with you in my corner?!

Dog woke me up at 5am this morning scratching at the door, could have strangled him but since I was awake I got up and took him for a 6km walk and saw the sun rise.

Now it's 9am and I have already got 2 hours solid work done, every cloud has a silver lining as they say :) I'm trying hard to be more positive about things, that's my first step right there  :positive:

• Like 2

Should have run it ;)

Believe it or not I did actually run a whole 100 metres when he got giddy and started pelting after another dog!

• Like 1

ShArkS wiTh LaSEr bEaMS cOmING OUt of THeiR eYeSsssSSS???? We WANT to see that pictureeeeeee!!!!!

Nothing like waking up earlier, huh? Suddenly you have soooo much time in your hands to do all those things you never have time for... Tell me how did it go in the afternoon when you couldn't keep your eyes open :tongue:

ShArkS wiTh LaSEr bEaMS cOmING OUt of THeiR eYeSsssSSS???? We WANT to see that pictureeeeeee!!!!!

Nothing like waking up earlier, huh? Suddenly you have soooo much time in your hands to do all those things you never have time for... Tell me how did it go in the afternoon when you couldn't keep your eyes open :tongue:

;)

Yeah was a bit tired in the afternoon but managed to pull through. I have a deadline tomorrow so I had no choice but to do it. I did play with the dog for about 20 mins though to wake me up, he loves his ball so much he was super excited to play!

• Like 1

Looks great! I turned 41 last month, so I guess I can officially give you advice as an elder :playful:

Ah cool, seems not many of us in our forties. When I have my meltdown in week 3 I'll come find you for a shoulder to cry on :)

• Like 1

I'm going ok so far this week, eating is not 100% Paleo but pretty close. Mon/Tues, just porridge for brekky, everything else paleo. I'm not doing too bad on the light goal either, although truth be told I am so busy with work at the moment I don't have time for anything else. Hence nothing on the business front, well really a hobby but I might make something of it. Hopefully this weekend I can find some time. No lifting yet :/

raised%20eyebrow.jpg

PT booked for Friday morning ;) I know he's gonna cane the sh!t out of me, not looking forward to it. 

Hey! good luck with this challenge!

Was finally back in action this morning

PT 30 mins:

Strength:

Zombie Squats 5@60kg

Good Mornings 7@30kg

3 sets.

MetCon:

Tabata Rowing:

Max effort for 20 secs then 10 secs rest

8 sets

I aimed for a pace of between 140 and 150 to try for 90+ metres per 20 set.

Ended up with 741 metres after 8 sets.

---------------------------

Today is shaping up well, back into the exercise, major piece of work delivered, bottling our first brew tonight, got to drive my car again plus it seems to be playing nice after changing the Spark plug leads and it's in the high 30's today AND it's Friday AND I don't have to work this weekend AND I just booked a seaplane flight for my birthday :D

• Like 2

Have a good session this morning!

I aimed for a pace of between 140 and 150 to try for 90+ metres per 20 set.

140-150 what, if you don't mind my asking? I measure row pace by strokes per minute and I don't think it could be that!

A seaplane flight sounds awesome. Take lots of photos!

• Like 1

That sounds more like the Endor I know. Well done

Thanks DR, was good to be back at it. Reading your thread is both inspirational and frustrating as my wrist is still in recovery. Seeing you doing HSPU I really wanted to have a go too but I have to be patient....

Have a good session this morning!

140-150 what, if you don't mind my asking? I measure row pace by strokes per minute and I don't think it could be that!

A seaplane flight sounds awesome. Take lots of photos!

Embarrassingly I don't actually know, maybe @Ems will have an idea next time she logs in, she's an awesome rower... It's a Concept 2 rowing machine...maybe it's mph? :P:lol:  I'll have a closer look at the display next time I go. It might be 1min 40 for a certain distance or something. 

Wow! That is a good birthday present! When will you go?

Yeah pretty cool, happy birthday to me from me :lol:

• Like 1

Week 1 Summary

1. Don't look into the light

I haven't kept track of mins but I'm way under on this - A

2. Lift 3 times a week

Got 1 session in this week - C

3. Eat well - Paleo 3 times a week

Been eating lots of Paleo meals, oats for breakfast everyday so not strictly 100% Paleo but I'm good with the way it's going. - A

4. I like the way you work it 

Prototype is 75% complete, it's taken me way longer than I thought it would and has ended up being quite expensive to make. 

I'm building a plyometric crossfit games box, will end up looking like this:

mu6RyeLaqmV1nZyh9G1AZBQ.jpg

These sell for $AU$190 + shipping which sounds like a massive rip off so I thought there would be a healthy profit in making and selling them. After actually making one I discovered it's very time consuming and actually the wood is quite expensive. I'm not sure now if it's worth the hassle and time, might have to come up with a different idea....

• Like 1