• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Pavelluvs2eat

Pavelluvs2eat never sneaks on an empty stomach

Voyager_Intro1.gifVoyager_Intro2.gifVoyager_Intro3.gif

Hi! I finished my first challenge last go around so this time I'm joining a guild. Ee, pretty excited and I've got ideas (dangerous things, ideas.)

Main Quest

I'm trying to get in shape for my wedding next November. Currently working on being bigger and stronger using bodyweight exercises. :)

Quest 1

I'll be using You Are Your Own Gym by Mark Lauren for my challenge. I'm going to start the 10 week program with this challenge and continue it to finish up. My goal is just to do each week of the program. It's 4 workouts a week that I'll be doing in blocks of Monday/Tuesday and Thursday/Friday since they work different muscles each day I think this is totally possible.

A - 4 workouts

B - 3 workouts

C - 2 workouts

Quest 2

I want to get more out of my workouts and in this instance I'm going to improve the eating habits around my workouts by following Mark's advice and eating a post-workout meal that includes protein and a limited amount of carbohydrates.

A - 4 post workout meals

B - 3 post workout meals

C - 2 post workout meals

Quest 3

Staying hydrated enough is still a challenge for me so I'm going to carry it over from my last challenge.

A - 6 glasses of water a day.

B - 5 glasses of water a day.

C - 4 glasses of water a day.

I'm planning on adding to this tomorrow, but currently I gotta work on my Russian homework. :D

Kirk_Strut.gif

• Like 3

Hi! I finished my first challenge last go around so this time I'm joining a guild. Ee, pretty excited and I've got ideas (dangerous things, ideas.)

Main Quest

I'm trying to get in shape for my wedding next November. Currently working on being bigger and stronger using bodyweight exercises. :)

Quest 1

I'll be using You Are Your Own Gym by Mark Lauren for my challenge. I'm going to start the 10 week program with this challenge and continue it to finish up. My goal is just to do each week of the program. It's 4 workouts a week that I'll be doing in blocks of Monday/Tuesday and Thursday/Friday since they work different muscles each day I think this is totally possible.

A - 4 workouts

B - 3 workouts

C - 2 workouts

Quest 2

I want to get more out of my workouts and in this instance I'm going to improve the eating habits around my workouts by following Mark's advice and eating a post-workout meal that includes protein and a limited amount of carbohydrates.

A - 4 post workout meals

B - 3 post workout meals

C - 2 post workout meals

Quest 3

Staying hydrated enough is still a challenge for me so I'm going to carry it over from my last challenge.

A - 6 glasses of water a day.

B - 5 glasses of water a day.

C - 4 glasses of water a day.

I'm planning on adding to this tomorrow, but currently I gotta work on my Russian homework. :D

These are all super sensible things to work on, I hope you enjoy YAYOG! It's been very interesting, I'm finishing up my first run through and it's been challenging.

• Like 1

Hi Pavelluvs!

On the Guild Signup form, where is asks for your challenge thread URL, you filled in " Pavelluvs2eat never sneaks on an empty stomach."  That's the title of your challenge, not its URL.  The URL is the web address of your challenge thread.  This is your topic URL this challenge:  rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/56329-pavelluvs2eat-never-sneaks-on-an-empty-stomach/

I'm correcting it manually this time, but in future challenges please make sure you put your challenge URL instead of your challenge title.  Thanks!

• Like 1

Workout:

Chapel_SelfPity.gif

This is how I'm trying to feel after that workout, but my forearms keep twinging as if to say "WHAT THE HELL MAN. WE TRUSTED YOU."

Done in Ladders. Every time it gets back to one is a single ladder, on the LMU I started a second ladder but couldn't get any farther. For the LMI I started coming down but time ran out since the sets are only supposed to last 7.5 minutes. It's just as well, I think I would've hit failure on the way down.

Push Ups: 1 â†’ 6 → 1

Let Me Ups: 1→ 4 → 1 â†’ 2

Military Press: 1 â†’ 4 â†’ 1

Let Me Ins 1 â†’ 12 â†’ 7

After today's workout I'm sorta feeling like Janeway here..

Janeway_BeKind.gif

Post Workout Meal - A!

Yay! AB&J with cheese sticks was the best I could muster from the fridge, but it was filling and tasty so I liked it.

Water - A!

6 glasses - may have been 7 but I lost count after 5 and I know I had more than that. :D Feeling really good about this one.

• Like 2

Hi Pavelluvs!

On the Guild Signup form, where is asks for your challenge thread URL, you filled in " Pavelluvs2eat never sneaks on an empty stomach."  That's the title of your challenge, not its URL.  The URL is the web address of your challenge thread.  This is your topic URL this challenge:  rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/56329-pavelluvs2eat-never-sneaks-on-an-empty-stomach/

I'm correcting it manually this time, but in future challenges please make sure you put your challenge URL instead of your challenge title.  Thanks!

Thanks! I must not have read it carefully - In the future I will be sure not to make the same mistake. :)

• Like 1

Awesome job on day 1!! Not sure if you're an app person but there is one for YAYOG which is pretty useful. If you're doing one of the 10 week programs it will walk you through everything with videos and cues/timers for each exercise. It also saves the history each time you complete a day. It's been helpful for me when I've wanted to work out at odd times away from home.

I carry a 32 oz water bottle with me pretty much everywhere I go it makes getting my water a lot easier :D.

Yesterday!

No workout, Assassin's Creed Unity came out and despite my attempts to break away...Well. Tomorrow is another day as they say.

Water: B, 5 glasses.

My triceps are still sore so I may do the workout I should've done Tuesday tomorrow on Thursday since it's legs and things and do upper body again on Friday before getting into the swing of it again next week. :)

Today's Water is looking like a B too. :)

• Like 2

I second doing the workouts in order.  I get up at 0-Dark-Thirty to get in my workouts, that way I have the rest of the time for whatever I want to do.  Like that time I wanted to do more mountain climbers than Amdhiel.   :playful:

Point is, making excuses for not being healthy is how we all got here.  The biggest change we (and by we, I mean me) need to make is to stop making excuses on why we have better things to do than be healthy.

That said, AC is amazeballs, and I totally get it...

• Like 2

Ow. Okay. Yesterday.

Workout: Did it. And ow. I don't know how to get to my history in the YAYOG app but I did a full workout, although I cut one set short because it involved jumping and there's only so many times I want to irritate my downstairs neighbors. I will have to do that workout earlier in the day next time so as to reduce that risk.

Water: A, 6 glasses wooo!

Post Workout Meal: A, I made a bean/turkey/cheese quesadilla. Pretty tasty. :D

• Like 2

Awesome job!!

Workout: Did it. And ow. I don't know how to get to my history in the YAYOG app but I did a full workout, although I cut one set short because it involved jumping and there's only so many times I want to irritate my downstairs neighbors. I will have to do that workout earlier in the day next time so as to reduce that risk.

Sadly you can't add history but you can mark prior workouts as done by going into workout>>guided program>>days (upper right) and checking off the day. Also... which program are you doing and where did you get an exercise with jumping?

I don't want to add it, I just want to see what I did the other day. It showed me a log, so I know it generates one - but I can't pull it up after the fact. :\ I think this was my only gripe about the app when I first got it. I'm doing the intermediate class, and the exercise is Toyotas.

• Like 1

I don't want to add it, I just want to see what I did the other day. It showed me a log, so I know it generates one - but I can't pull it up after the fact. :\ I think this was my only gripe about the app when I first got it. I'm doing the intermediate class, and the exercise is Toyotas.

Ahh... then you are cooler than I am, I can't do 10 push-ups w/ a 2 second pause >.< or LMU with straight legs (stupid weak upper body). If you saved your history after the workout then you just hit the orange history button on the main screen of the app.

• Like 1

I could only do six of the ten let me ups but the rest was so within my abilities that I decided to go ahead and do the intermediate program instead.

Sounds perfectly sensible, have fun being baller with your push/pull days :D. I'll just go hide in the corner with my whimpy upper body strength >.< ;).

• Like 1