• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Pavelluvs2eat

Pavelluvs2eat never sneaks on an empty stomach

Oooof, okay. Remember no pain? Two days of hobbling around later and I will be humble and switch to the more basics class. I want to push myself - but I also need to be able to get around without crying.

Yesterday and today I've been A+ on the water. I've been walking as much as I could stand to keep my hamstrings from getting any tighter. Monday is another workout day though, and I know what to do now to adjust for my hubris! :P

• Like 2

Oooof, okay. Remember no pain? Two days of hobbling around later and I will be humble and switch to the more basics class. I want to push myself - but I also need to be able to get around without crying.

Yesterday and today I've been A+ on the water. I've been walking as much as I could stand to keep my hamstrings from getting any tighter. Monday is another workout day though, and I know what to do now to adjust for my hubris! :tongue:

Oh dear... I was kinda worried that would happen. I've found a bunch of the exercises to be deceiving in their difficulty especially if you're doing them right. Did you make it through all of week 1? If you did without too much modifying, I'd say stay with the 1st class program and do more stretching :D.

• Like 1

The push/pull day of week one didn't wreak this kind of havoc on me - but the legs/core day did. I briefly considered doing all the push/pull from the 1st class and all the leg/core from the basics but that seems convoluted? 

• Like 1

Was it just the toyotas that killed you? or did lunges contribute as well? I'd say for now drop the hold on those two and see if that helps. Also maybe slow down your reps? The first two weeks are more about getting solid form and some level of volume but you don't need to be trying to knock out ridiculous numbers. The first two weeks for me I didn't hit 36 on some of the stuff.

I guess it's just that I'd been doing squats and lunges already, so form isn't a big problem with those movements? That said, slowing down sounds reasonable.

I forgot last night to write about this, but my fiance and I have been having a tough time with "Oh, we want to go out but you want <something outside my new eating habits> and I want to maintain my new eating habits." But last night after another one of these arguments-that-aren't-really-arguments-just-two-people-feeling-guilty-for-wanting-different-things I realized that I am in control of 90-95% of what I eat. We only eat dinner together, and I almost always cook it. I'm going to be more stringent about what I eat on my own so that when he wants to go get sushi or something I can say "Okay." without feeling like I'm falling off my awesome new wagon.

• Like 2

Workout

Done! Wooo! I took Amdhiels' advice and slowed down - I have also decided to do the Basics program instead. 

Water

Already got 5 glasses, I predict an easy A today since I always have a glass of water with dinner.

Post workout meal - A+

Quesadilla and some strawberry yogurt, yummy. :D

My legs are *STILL* sore from last week. Tomorrow I will not even have to try hard to move slowly.

• Like 3

Yesterday

Water: B

No workout, legs just about recovered.

Today

Water: Already at a B, easy A by dinner. :D

Workout: Seven_MildShock.gif

Legs ~done!~

Post-Workout Meal: Cheese quesadillas with beans and, actually, one with a little leftover coleslaw I made the other day. :D

Staying in my workout clothes because now I need to vacuum the entire house and that is a heavy sweaty job in and of itself.

• Like 1

You're really getting into a rhythm with your workouts.  Weight work is so very hard... and I haven't tried that YAYOG workout, simply because the last time I did a full-on bodyweight workout I couldn't walk the next day.  I'll stick to weights and pullups this challenge, and maybe next time around I'll give your YAYOG madness a try!

Meanwhile, good job on the water.  It's hard!

• Like 1

Kirk_GoofyLaugh.gif

I just received an e-mail telling me that I've been admitted to the Middlebury School of Russian for an 8 week intensive next year!

Middlebury's summer intensives are among the best and most competitive programs in the country if not the world. People do a year's worth of study in 8 weeks and pledge to only speak in their target language for the duration of the program, pretty much the only exceptions being made for emergencies or if you need to buy something in town. Thank goodness my fiance speaks Russian, we'll still be able to talk!

I'm just so flippin' excited! :D

Workouts yesterday and today have been long periods of interval cardio...

In other words, cleaning the house. :P We have a Thanksgiving the weekend before actual Thanksgiving so that we can celebrate with friends and chosen family before we go down to my parents the next week. To be fair, I've been moving furniture, squatting, and generally doing a lot of flexibility work to reach every little nook and cranny. Our cat's hair seems to get damn near everywhere and I try to get as much of it as possible into the vacuum cleaner so that peoples' allergy meds don't have to work so hard.

Water's on track, and I have been eating well so I feel really good about this week. :)

Dax_Twirl.gif

• Like 4

Kirk_GoofyLaugh.gif

I just received an e-mail telling me that I've been admitted to the Middlebury School of Russian for an 8 week intensive next year!

Middlebury's summer intensives are among the best and most competitive programs in the country if not the world. People do a year's worth of study in 8 weeks and pledge to only speak in their target language for the duration of the program, pretty much the only exceptions being made for emergencies or if you need to buy something in town. Thank goodness my fiance speaks Russian, we'll still be able to talk!

I HATE YOU !?!?! In a very loving your awesome and so amazingly lucky kind of way ;). I always wanted to attend one of their programs but never tried to seriously sort out how to do it. I hope that you have so much fun while you're cramming your brain full of Russian :D.

• Like 2

Congratulations!! Seriously, that is going to be so amazing! Way to work hard behind the scenes and push yourself to the next level!

I always wished I could do a language intensive unit in college. I should have just kept applying until I got one! Now that I have kids, it is so much less likely to happen.

Sounds like you probably had a great weekend and are totally going to be ready for week 3!

- Sent from my magic Navi-powered device!

• Like 1

Thanks guys! :D :D I'm still so overwhelmed, we already bought my plane tickets so it's really real! :) I'm just so excited for this opportunity, I can't wait for this summer.

Water: A for the past few days, been staying really hydrated without trouble since it's been cold and dry here even with spats of rain I'm just so thirsty.

Pulling the house together hasn't been particularly strenuous - I don't feel I've had a serious workout for the past few days - but I am totally knackered. Today is Day of Recharging and getting back into it tomorrow first thing.

I've also been thinking about how I'm going to do workouts over the summer. I was thinking maybe I would take up running, since it'd be easy to do and probably more sociable than bodyweight workouts in my room when my roommate is gone? The other thing is that the app I use is all in English and I don't believe it has a Russian version, Middlebury requires that you not use English unless absolutely necessary and sad to say I don't think they'll count keeping up with my workout routine as absolutely necessary. :\ Any thoughts?

• Like 2

Thanks guys! :D :D I'm still so overwhelmed, we already bought my plane tickets so it's really real! :) I'm just so excited for this opportunity, I can't wait for this summer.

Water: A for the past few days, been staying really hydrated without trouble since it's been cold and dry here even with spats of rain I'm just so thirsty.

Pulling the house together hasn't been particularly strenuous - I don't feel I've had a serious workout for the past few days - but I am totally knackered. Today is Day of Recharging and getting back into it tomorrow first thing.

I've also been thinking about how I'm going to do workouts over the summer. I was thinking maybe I would take up running, since it'd be easy to do and probably more sociable than bodyweight workouts in my room when my roommate is gone? The other thing is that the app I use is all in English and I don't believe it has a Russian version, Middlebury requires that you not use English unless absolutely necessary and sad to say I don't think they'll count keeping up with my workout routine as absolutely necessary. :\ Any thoughts?

Well.... you could write up the routines in Russian then you only need a timer. Running is great but it can't replace your strength training. The other option would be to use startbodyweight if you want something simpler.

Google translate the web page access for the app into Russian, access from the web? Then you wouldnt have to give up the program completely?

Its wonderful that you are willing to take on the immersiveness so completely. Maybe talk to a few of their alumni of the program and see what they did?

Great job on the water!

Kirk_GoofyLaugh.gif

Workouts yesterday and today have been long periods of interval cardio...

In other words, cleaning the house. :tongue: We have a Thanksgiving the weekend before actual Thanksgiving so that we can celebrate with friends and chosen family before we go down to my parents the next week. To be fair, I've been moving furniture, squatting, and generally doing a lot of flexibility work to reach every little nook and cranny. Our cat's hair seems to get damn near everywhere and I try to get as much of it as possible into the vacuum cleaner so that peoples' allergy meds don't have to work so hard.

Water's on track, and I have been eating well so I feel really good about this week. :)

Oh my goodness that is so exciting!!! I have been a terrible terrible person and haven't checked in nearly enough!!! I am changing that this week (my own little mini challenge!!)

So glad to see you are doing amazing!!! Rooting for you...

should we post in (poorly) google translated Russian in response to you on here when you are in the program??? It seems intense! So I totally can relate. I get butterflies every time I think about going to Depot (Mountie training).. seriously just got a pang of butterflies just typing it!

Workout

DONE, yeah! Decided to restart the program since I hadn't really given it a real go, so I'm Week 1 Day 1.

Meal

Early Thanksgiving leftovers are surprisingly workout friendly. Turkey, mashed potatoes, veggies. Yum!

Water

Already got 5, 6 or more easy by bedtime. :D

• Like 1

Oh my goodness that is so exciting!!! I have been a terrible terrible person and haven't checked in nearly enough!!! I am changing that this week (my own little mini challenge!!)

So glad to see you are doing amazing!!! Rooting for you...

should we post in (poorly) google translated Russian in response to you on here when you are in the program??? It seems intense! So I totally can relate. I get butterflies every time I think about going to Depot (Mountie training).. seriously just got a pang of butterflies just typing it!

Oh god the Google translations are completely unintelligible. Russian's just got too many things to juggle for a computer to do it well.

Google translate the web page access for the app into Russian, access from the web? Then you wouldnt have to give up the program completely?

Its wonderful that you are willing to take on the immersiveness so completely. Maybe talk to a few of their alumni of the program and see what they did?

Great job on the water!

I'm SO excited - It's a year of full time school credit in 8 weeks and apparently you can increase proficiency by almost a full level. From where I am now, that'd put me just below the threshold for native fluency which is one of my goals for my undergraduate education. :)

Well.... you could write up the routines in Russian then you only need a timer. Running is great but it can't replace your strength training. The other option would be to use startbodyweight if you want something simpler.

I wonder if they'd count it as English if I just put together picture slideshows on my tablet? That's a thought..

• Like 3

Congrats on Middlebury!  That's amazing news.  Your dedication to learning Russian is commendable.  

Running is great!  And VT is loaded with trails to run on.  By that point, your BWW's will be so ingrained that you won't need to do anything but write down your progress every time, so you know where you're at when you go to work out.  Finding routes is fine ahead of time, and maybe copy the maps to your tablet before you immerse yourself in Russian.  Sounds like fun... and surely they have SOME kind of gym at Middlebury?  

Glad to see you're keeping up your workouts.

• Like 2