Campus Tour AKA Mini Dungeons (please follow)

Blaidd

Got to be an adventurer. Only did 4 weeks of the 6 week challenges and still a lot of things I want to explore.

"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you sow"

Level 68. Adventure Knight. 

str 131.3 dex 122.3 sta 132.7 con 133.2 wis 150.5 cha 139.1 

"You have in you the seeds of greatness and the seeds of destruction. The seeds you nurture will prevail. Choose wisely."

"Spring comes, the grass grows by itself" ~Zen proverb

Week 6: Choosing your major

At the end of this week. this challenge will be coming to an end. If you have started with us before the end of Week 2, then you will have also completed your first challenge (regardless of your outcome) and you then qualify to "graduate" into a guild for the next challenge.

I started this challenge 12 days late, should I join a guild or stay in the level one group for the next challenge?

Level 1 Amazon, training with the Scouts.

STR 0|DEX 0|STA 0|CON 0|WIS 0|CHA 0

6 week challenge goal: 20 minute sustained run/jog

I started this challenge 12 days late, should I join a guild or stay in the level one group for the next challenge?

You can level up and join a guild.

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Hi every body. I'm Eve and I've been kinda lurking here for a bit, but finally made myself join. This challenge is almost donr, so ill make a fresh thread for thr next one. If u want to know anything about me, ask away. I qas kinda scared to join because I think people dont like me...but im being brave and trying. Ty.

• Like 3

Welcome Eve!! So glad you gathered the courage to join and all the best for your start on the new challenge. This was my first challenge, too, and people have been very sweet and open to us newbies. You've come to the right place :)

• Like 2

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

I just finished my 1st challenge.  Wasn't perfect but reasonable.  My greatest accomplishment was completing my Life Quest!  My Life Quest was to get Living for Adventures (my new business and blog) launched.  Well, I finished this on the last day of the challenge!  My missions for the main quest I would rate myself as a B because I did great on two missions (water consumption and sleep) but didn't do full workouts each week.  I did do small stuff (walks and a couple trips to the gym) but not what I had hoped for this challenge.  Overall, I think I did pretty good for my first challenge.

Next step, join a guild.  I think I'll be making my way over to the Rangers next.  Maybe I'll see some of you there!

• Like 1

Dúnedain Ranger - Level 1

"Life is an adventure. Don't wait for the right moment. Just live for the adventure." -Brandon Wallace

2nd Challenge: Jan. 5-Feb. 15, 2015 | 1st Challenge: Nov. 10-Dec.21, 2014 | Facebook

Living for Adventures Website | Living for Adventures Blog | Living for Adventures Facebook Page

When does the next challenge start? And could neone guide me on goals. I know I gotta lose weight, but idk what else to do. Ty.

JustEve, I believe there is a two week break for the holidays and then I think the next challenge starts up early January.  Be watching the forums.  They will create a new challenge link soon for this.

When loosing weight, it is best to breaking it down into smaller pieces.  Some you'll work on now and others later, pending how you want to do it.  To give you an example, this last challenge I really needed to focus on getting enough sleep, water intake, and start exercising again.  I started small just to develop good habits again.  My next challenge I'm going one step further in joining in some group training that will put me on a regular exercise program.  This way I get regular exercise and start training again.  I then will take up some challenges from the Rangers (the guild I'll be joining) to take things a step further.

Just figure out what you want and then break them down into small steps.  You can have a big goal (one you may or may not totally complete by the end of a challenge), but then break it down into smaller "missions" to work you toward the larger goal.  I hope this is helpful in some fashion.  We are all here to support you and so feel free to ask questions.

Dúnedain Ranger - Level 1

"Life is an adventure. Don't wait for the right moment. Just live for the adventure." -Brandon Wallace

2nd Challenge: Jan. 5-Feb. 15, 2015 | 1st Challenge: Nov. 10-Dec.21, 2014 | Facebook

Living for Adventures Website | Living for Adventures Blog | Living for Adventures Facebook Page

Week 6: Choosing your major

At the end of this week. this challenge will be coming to an end. If you have started with us before the end of Week 2, then you will have also completed your first challenge (regardless of your outcome) and you then qualify to "graduate" into a guild for the next challenge.

What are guilds?

Guilds are groups that focus on specific types of exercises/specialities/skills. At the end of this 6WC we will require that you feed into one of the guilds for your next challenge.

The awesome thing about the guilds is that you don't have to stay in that guild for the rest of your time with the Rebellion (we do require you to stay there for the whole 6WC though). If your passion changes, your guild can change too.

The other great thing, is that the guilds don't really care what your level of fitness is, as long as you have a passion for that particular skill set, you're welcome. Even if you're just trying an exercise on for size to see if you like it, they will gladly have you and support you in whichever way you need it.

The current guilds are (with a very brief idea of what they do - please read up on their actual description in their links):

Adventurers - a guild for rebels who are enjoying the discovery of exercise, mostly new rebels who haven't settled on a passion as yet, or have mixed interests.

Assassins - focus on bodyweight skills (and sports), odd shaped objects (kettlebell, sand bags etc) and the likes. You don't need to be a parkour expert to join them.

Druids - focus on exercises that not only align your body, but your mind as well e.g. yoga, tai chi, meditation, self awareness etc.

Monks - focus on martial art type exercises that also build strength, flexibility and speed e.g. karate, boxing, jijitsu, MMA etc

Rangers - the rebels in this group often focus on cross disciplinary exercises like crossfit or sports like soccer, rugby, football etc

Scouts - focus on endurance sports like running, biking, swimming etc.

Warriors - focus on strength training

Your quest this week is to make a friend in a guild that you might have an interest in joining and ask any questions that you might have. Once you've made a decision about where you're heading, why not let us know so that anyone who has been following you can find you during the next challenge.

Hey everyone, de-lurking to sign on as a warrior for the next challenge! Strength training has been my focus for the past few months and was the main component of my Level 1 challenge, and I just fell in love with deadlifting, so Warriors, here I come. 

I completed a few of the side quests here too, but what's lacking is that non-lurking component. I haven't posted very much at all and I should really try to change that (I swear "needs to talk more in class" is going to follow me all my life...). Overall though I'm psyched to have made it through the first challenge and looking forward to keeping up and coming up with new goals. Grateful for NF!

• Like 2

Satellite

Challenge 1 transmission: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/56894-satellite-transmission-1/

"floating in a most peculiar way"

Week 5 - decluttered my closest. Weight loss means that a lot of my clothes don't fit, but I hate getting rid of clothes. >.< Alas, my closet dwindles, but here's hoping that I get some more clothes for the holidays, or this is going to get really tricky really quickly............

Week 6 - I.... have no clue what guild to go into???? I mean, I'm going to start a martial art next year (looking at a few disciplines/dojos), but I'm also still going to be running. I seem to be split between the monks and the scouts. Halp??

CHALLENGES: CURRENT111098765432, 1

📷 📚

I never would have thought I'd say this, but I think I'm going to head over to the druids for the next challenge. My love of weight training is still #1, but I want to incorporate hot yoga and going meatless at least one day a week into my next challenge and I feel like the druids would be a good fit.

• Like 1

Level 2 Human Hero (in training) 
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
- Arthur C. Clarke

Current Challenge

1st Challenge

Twitter | Instagram

Adventurers for me! I have no idea where I'm going on my health and fitness journey, so I figure that's the place to be. 

Stealthstitcher

"You see, what you've got to consider is: are you going to be the hero of this 'ere adventure, or ain't you? You can't 'ave it both ways."

- E. Nesbit, The Magic City

Challenges:  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

Week 5 - decluttered my closest. Weight loss means that a lot of my clothes don't fit, but I hate getting rid of clothes. >.< Alas, my closet dwindles, but here's hoping that I get some more clothes for the holidays, or this is going to get really tricky really quickly............

Week 6 - I.... have no clue what guild to go into???? I mean, I'm going to start a martial art next year (looking at a few disciplines/dojos), but I'm also still going to be running. I seem to be split between the monks and the scouts. Halp??

Why don't you join the adventurers? They have everything and all going on.

Or you join the monks for inspiration and advice on the new martial art training and maybe for a later challenge switch to the scouts... many options, which are probably all good. Choose what feels best for now.

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

Week 1 - Let's Get SMART

So you've set up your challenge and people have popped in and said hi, given you some advise on your goals and just generally cheered you on for the start of your challenge. There's so much information to go that sometimes it seems like you're being overwhelmed.  How do I allocate attribute points?  Which guild do I join? What should my workout look like? Can I join an Accountability Squad?

You don't need to worry about these things right now.  What you do need to worry is your challenge.  For this first week you should be focusing on your own quests.  Once you're comfortable with them you can move onto other questions. Your mini quest this week will to really really look at your goals and make sure that they're SMART. 

S = Specific

M = Measurable

A = Attainable/Achievable

R = Realistic/Reasonable

T = Timeous

Here are some questions to put your goals to the test:

1. Is your overall quest achievable (over a short or long period of time)?  Is it reasonable?

2. Do your 3 quests all build towards your main quest in little ways, or are you taking on too much? Do your quests have sub-quests or is it just one thing to focus on?

3. Are your main goals realistic? Can you scale them to smaller steps to fit your life better, even if it will make it take a little longer to achieve them?

4. Are your goals able to be measured and tracked?  What will you use to track them?

5. How are you grading your goals?  Are they pass/fail (“every dayâ€, “not even once over the six weeksâ€)?  Is there a reward for the effort, or are you only grading yourself on whether or not you “lose the weight†or “run the distanceâ€?

6. What is your plan for continuing/altering/grading those goals if you become ill or injured?

7. Did you take into consideration any special occasions (Labour Day, Independence Day, birthdays, anniversaries, etc) that may occur during the challenge?  What modifications do you need to build into your goals for those?

8. Do any of your main goals conflict with each other? Will one goal make it hard to do another?

9. Do you already have the time in your schedule to actually complete the goals you’ve set?  If not, what are you planning to do to make time for them?

10. Are you trying to build multiple habits, or is all your energy focused on your main quest?

Your mini quest: Make sure your goals are definitely SMART.

For completing this mini quest you will receive an additional +1WIS at the end of the 6 weeks.

@Eve - this is what Blaidd posted for us as a mini challenge in week 1 and might help you already now in choosing good goals for you. We usually tend to aim too high and it's frustrating not to be able to achieve what you planned. Better to set the goals high (don't have to be achieved within the challenge, you are just aiming that way), but the actual quests rather low, so that you can really do it, feel good about it and from that you might end up doing more than you had planned ;) Which feels awesome, of course :)

Oh, and remember that as you workout more, you might grow some muscle (heavier than body fat) so it might be a good idea to include how many inches you'd like to shed, not just weight. For instance, if you loose inches and keep the same weight you actually did an awesome job, because it means you've gotten way stronger.

• Like 1

The NEXT CHALLANGE!

I think joining the Druids will help me keep my balance through the winter (physically and mentally).

See my last post.

• Like 1

YellowRose

Half Elf- Level 2

(STR- 0) (STA- 2.25) (DEX- 2.25) (CON- 1.2) (WIS- 4) (CHA- 1)

Ranger (past druid)

Challanges: 1, 2, 3,

Current

Parva scintilla saepe magnam flamam excitat

- The small sparkle often initiates a large flame

I've been pretty here or there regarding mini quests, but I've tried to do the ones that apply to me (I'm the one coming home for Christmas, and my room is pretty impeccable though I do have a stack of papers I need to go through...). This one is easy. As I continue to work on healing from surgery, I'll be focusing on range of motion and body weight exercises. I have a workout plan all drafted up that involves a bit of strictly manvoureability based exercises in addition to a more cross training base. That and I do love Florence. It's the Assassins for me.

Somehow I lost track of this stuff (I swear I followed but now it shows that I am not :S)  I must have been with you guys in spirit though because week 5's challenge happened anyway, lol.

Week 5 - I took a day off work to finally clean up the living room, I moved in with my boyfriend months ago and we have way more furniture than we need.  We have had an extra coffee table and 2 end tables in the living room since I got here, so I lugged them on my own to the back shed, swept, moved around a few things, and organized that side of the space.  It feels more spacious, and made room for the christmas tree!  I also managed to clean the kitchen, and get my wrapping done.

Week 6 - I will be heading over to the rangers for now, while I haven't stuck with my crossfit much lately I told myself it will be happening once a week from now on.  I also wonder about the warriors, because I am built like an ox and like to be awesome and strong... perhaps another challenge will send me that way :D

I am already getting my goals around for the next challenge and am really excited about moving forward with the coming year.  I hope you all have a wonderful holiday!

Current Challenge! Updated 9/18

Battle Log

Instagram

2019 Goal - Follow all 3 main programs of Strong Lifts (complete each on time)