Campus Tour AKA Mini Dungeons (please follow)

Blaidd

Week 2 Mini - Making Friends

So this week has a few sub quests. The first one should be completed by everyone who chooses to take part and then choose one of either 2 or 3.

Part 1 - Updating your signature (if you've already done this then choose either Part 2 or 3).

You've created your own thread and popped in to say hi and support other people's threads, but they would also like to pop in to say hello and support you, but have to go through all the L1's to find your thread (what a daunting task).  So we're going to make it easier for everyone and make sure we all have a signature with at least a link to our challenge.

To find the signatures go to the top of this page and look in the right hand corner, you'll see a little version of your avatar.  Click on that and it should open some options for you.

BBC6XbV.png

Click on my settings and it will take you to a new screen.  In the left hand panel, you will notice a tab for signature.

rfkLtPbl.png

Here you edit your signature (remember you only have 10 lines to play with). 

• Tell us a little about yourself - what level you're at, what class you're, your race (if you're into that thing) etc.  You will notice that in my signature, I let you know that I am a Guild Leader - yours to be exact - a half sidhe (fae) and that I'm a Scout.  I don't have a level, because I'm not really into that kinda thing (but my own preference). 
  • Link us to your challenge (this is NB), any accountability groups you might have joined, your FB/Twitter/MFP/Blog/Skype etc (this is entirely optional, I only put it in there so that you folks can get hold of me elsewhere than here) and any epic quests/battle logs (if you have them)
  • If you have a quote that you like then you can put it here too
  • Any goals that aren't linked to your current challenge you'd like people to know about
  • You can even add the cool bars, like the one I have below (you'll find that bar here). Choose the colour you'd like and the percentage. It should look like this in coding (without the spaces): [ progress='red' ] 1 [ /progress ]
  • dEU4cU0l.png
  • Press save and you're done.

Part 2:  Join an accountability group

Now that you've got a signature you can go out into the NF world confidently knowing that people will be able to find you more easily.  Why not join an accountability group?  An accountabilibuddy squad can be about supporting others with similar goals, similar interests, from similar states, similar challenges themes etc.  There doesn't even need to be a common thread. These are just smaller congregations to meet like minded people and you don't have to join one if you don't want to.  If you don't find one here, create one and let others join. Just remember these groups shouldn't be bigger than 8 - 10 members (except Guild Ambassador lead L1 groups).

Let us know if you're joined any groups.

Part 3: Support your fellow L1's

AB squads are just not your thing, but you'd like to meet and support other folks here.  Great, your quest then is to:

• Find 2 other guildies (either L1 or in another guild)
  • Introduce yourself in their thread
  • Follow them (mid-top right hand corner "Follow This Topic")
  • Give them support, encouragement, advice etc
  • Let us know who you've followed

*If you complete both parts of this challenge (either 1+2 or 1+3) then you will get an additional +1 CHA to allocate at the end of the 6 week challenge.

• Like 7

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Still having some issues with the links/progress bars... never was very good at coding stuff. But got my signature updated some (and finally made some choices with race and such!)

If anyone is interested in setting up an Obstacle course race acountabuddy group let me know!

I also follow a few people, Firefly25, Polishrifle, Blimey Charlie, Cookiebreaker, and a few others in L1, also follow a few in the Rangers

• Like 1

Try not, do or do not- Yoda

I didn't get this posted last week because I lost the thread and just found it again today ^_^; It's the week 1 mini so I hope it's still ok.

Post # 8

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/56589-elaines-quest-to-slay-the-archdemon/#entry1280134

As for the week 2 mini, I did some of that last week and I plan on doing a few more :)   Right now I am following Raymith and Chaotica, as well as a few off-topic threads like Nerdmas Secret Santa 2014, Handmade Holidays, and What's Everyone Reading.

I haven't made too many friends just yet, only been on here a week  :suspicion:

Rising Heroes Faction: HAVIK 

Fitbit | Art Page | Instagram

I think I did all three! I did at least two of them! I now have a signature and I've followed two other Level 1s and posted in the Level 1 Assassin group. Woo!

• Like 1

Level 5 Human Assassin

Current Challenge: x

Previous Challenges: 4 3 2 1

"Iron Man's got a suit, and the Hulk's pretty strong. And Thor he's like a god, and me I'm just a guy... Just a regular guy in a not so regular world. What's a man to do when I know I'm just a regular guy in a not so regular world?...They're like 'Yo, ain't you that Hawkguy dude?' And I'm like, Nah, you got me confused."

- from "Hawkguy", Adam WarRock

Already had sig done.  I've posted and followed Simply4awesome, mmdh8, and KrystaKayy from my fellow newbies :)  I plan on looking through and maybe following some others as well from this group as well as some vets.

• Like 1

Level 1 - Were-gator

STR .8 | STA 3.1 | DEX .9 | CON .7 | WIS 2 | CHA .9

1st Challenge

Main goal - 12/15/14 - Get to 175 pounds from 195 pounds.  Currently at 184.5

52.5%
52.5%

No soda challenge - 12/15/14 - 99 days and counting to 180.

55%
55%

"Stop beating yourself up.  You are a work in progress; which means you get there a little at a time, not all at once." - unknown

Well, I did the first week challenge right here

But I am going to skip the one from week 2, because it just feels weird. I feel like i am pressured to make friends. I guess i am just a little messed-up tho.

You don't have to do it if it feels wierd. The way NF is set up, making friends is kinda organic. People will stop into your thread(s), make comments, follow you. And you can do the same - or not. There's no requirement to do it.

I will say, though, that it helps to have a strong support team when you're doing the challenges, especially when you hit a plateau, or life gets in the way, or whatever. Having a go-to team here on NF can potentially make the difference in how successful you are in leveling up and achieving your goals.

Sent from my Samsung S4 using Tapatalk.

• Like 1

Granny Nogg - Level 10 Warrior

Battle Log| Challenge 8 |Challenge 9 | Challenge 10

My Job | My Epic Quest | Instagram

"Those are not my monkeys."

Already done 1 & 2. I follow the MormonRebel & visited Lord Helix's castle to learn German & French with Lexonidas.

(and I'm quietly stalking some of the monks. I like living on the edge ;) )

I found a link to the charactersheet thing and apparently I'm a Lycan. Check out my spiffy new signature!

• Like 2

Signature updated - I never gave myself credit for logging 3 weeks of my first attempt at a challenge and I changed guild aspirations from Druid to Ranger. I'm currently following Thister, Tzippi Longstockings, Jubrain, Robozebra and others.

• Like 1

Spockgrrl

Level 2 - Amazon - Aspiring Ranger

STR 3|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 4|WIS 5|CHA 4

"The voyage of discovery is not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes." - Marcel Proust

Twitter | Instagram | Goodreads | MyFitnessPal

For Mini quest 2 I've followed Muddydancer a fellow Jedi and AresPandora my favorite mythological god.  They also have similar interests, goals, and challenges as me.

• Like 1

PolishRifle

Level 3 Jedi Knight

STR: 1 DEX: 1 STA: 5 CON: 4  WIS: 7 CHA: 5

"Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us.  Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
Reduce Body weight from 230lbs to 180lbs (lose 50 lbs) Currently 214lbs

32%
32%

Already done.  :nevreness:

Airbender Level 2

Str 1 | Dex 0 | Sta 3 | Con 2 | Wis 2 | Cha 0

Current challenge: viki's high-wire act/     Old challenge: #1

Morning routine (34 / 42 days):

80.95%
80.95%

Learning progress (30 / 45 sections):
66.66%
66.66%

Yoga (4 / 18 sessions):
22.22%
22.22%

HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE.

Death, Hogfather

I'm posting the first week mini challenge late because life got in the way due to being laid off but I am now getting back on track.

Week 1 Mini Challenge:

1. Is your overall quest achievable (over a short or long period of time)?  Is it reasonable?

Yes my overall quest of loosing 110 lbs is definitely achievable and reasonable. It will take a good amount of time but I know I can do it.

2. Do your 3 quests all build towards your main quest in little ways, or are you taking on too much? Do your quests have sub-quests or is it just one thing to focus on?

My swimming and body weight training most definitely build towards my main goal as do my 10 minute walks and no soda quests. 

3. Are your main goals realistic? Can you scale them to smaller steps to fit your life better, even if it will make it take a little longer to achieve them?

My main goals are totally realistic and I might be able to scale them back some but at this point I don't feel that they are too much to achieve.

4. Are your goals able to be measured and tracked?  What will you use to track them?

I track all of my goals on my post and because they are all just counting what I have done it is pretty easy to track them. 

5. How are you grading your goals?  Are they pass/fail (“every dayâ€, “not even once over the six weeksâ€)?  Is there a reward for the effort, or are you only grading yourself on whether or not you “lose the weight†or “run the distanceâ€?

My goal are being graded by letter grades based on how well I do at sticking with them on a weekly basis. 

6. What is your plan for continuing/altering/grading those goals if you become ill or injured?

If i become ill or injured then I will take a break from my more strenuous goals and focus on getting myself better so that I can resume them quickly.

7. Did you take into consideration any special occasions (Labour Day, Independence Day, birthdays, anniversaries, etc) that may occur during the challenge?  What modifications do you need to build into your goals for those?

Given my goals the holidays should be a non issue. I can workout around them and I wont have access to soda on the holidays anyways. 

8. Do any of your main goals conflict with each other? Will one goal make it hard to do another?

None of my goals conflict. Instead they all add upon one another.

9. Do you already have the time in your schedule to actually complete the goals you’ve set?  If not, what are you planning to do to make time for them?

I had the time before I lost my job and now I have even more time to complete my goals. 

10. Are you trying to build multiple habits, or is all your energy focused on your main quest?

I am trying to build healthy exercise habits and better eating habits. 

And there you have it. 

Week 2 Mini challenge:

See bellow!!! 

• Like 1

ANDY MCRANDY

Race: Fire Dwarf       Class: Adventurer           Level: 0

Attributes:   STR: 0       DEX: 0      STA: 0      CON: 0       WIS: 0       CHA: 0

Weight Loss Goal: 110 lbs

0%
0%

Where I'm at:

First Challenge, PVP_FOODZ!, RPG_Fanatics