MidorCconcept Zen Way to superior Fitness Thread

Hi here I will post my Challenge I am giving a Zen Twist to it ;-).

Fitness goal and Diet Goal

- Being able to reach 12 pull ups

- Do the Convict Conditioning Good Behavior training program everyday (Sunday rest day)

- Follow Primal/Paleo 80% of the time.

- Reach 75 kilos (I am 80 right now)

Life goals

Do at least 5 minutes of Zen meditation in the moring and 5 in the evening.

Send at least 2 job applications a week. (sick of my it IT consulting job)

Peace.

In the taxi to airport.

My first day was pretty fine. Exercise ok

Diet Paleo 90 percent (10 missing is some black chocolate...)

And for the meditation it's very simple... Just need too sit down

and try to count from 10 to 1 at each breath. The important thing is that you need to be aware at every breath. Any distracting thoughts and you start again. I think the maximum achieved today was up to 7..

As per job search not much ;-)

Thanks for your comments!

Sent from my ST18i using Tapatalk

Day 2 - 25th of October

Diet

Primal, strict with one exception.

At the restaurant I ordered steak and refused fries.

Jack potatoes ... no thank you.

Some garlic bread ... no I will pass

So they put some peanuts on my salad.. apparently the really want to sabotage my primal diet plan ;-)

Exercise

Horizontal Pull 2 sets of 10.

The hotel room did not have a very big table, so I had to find a kind of cramped position. But it did work

Jackknife squat 2 sets of 15

Easy.

Life goals

Not really sent any application, since I did not find anything applicable.

Meditation done, the one in the evening was terribly difficult. Same as day 1. You are so full of thoughts you cannot clear your mind at all.

Additional

I spent some time looking some basic moves of Parkour/Free running. I think that weight loss and fitness must have in the end a sort of higher purpose... I want to start with the basics...

Ok day 3 is almost over so I can log it.

DIET

70 primal and 30 non primal. Had beans and a wheat tortilla. We want to a Mexican restaurant, not much else to eat.

EXERCISE

Straight bridges 3 sets of 10

Crow stand 2 for 30 sec

Wall head stand 2 for 1 min

MEDITATION

- Ok in the morning

- In the evening pure crap. Too full of mexican food.

Ouch..

Not so primal lunch. I am working with another consultant from India. He does not come to the canteen because he is vegetarian and the canteen of this customer is really not vegetarian friendly. So orders from an indian restaurant. To be nice I accept to eat indian with him..

The curry comes with Nan. Which is indian bread. You need to eat with bread, no options. I eat with bread. After weeks I get to taste some wheat. I should not but I eat it all.

Now I am sick.

Ok. On the upper hand went out running in the morning and did lot of sprints.

So they put some peanuts on my salad.. apparently the really want to sabotage my primal diet plan ;-)

I thought nuts fit in perfectly with Pale/Primal diets?

70 primal and 30 non primal. Had beans and a wheat tortilla. We want to a Mexican restaurant, not much else to eat.

Usually Tex/Mex restaurants will let you say no to the tortillas if you get fajita. Tortillas typically come on the side for those anyway, so it's not a hassle for them. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human-Dryad Ranger

Fitocracy

Shelter Sketches

If you want to live an interesting life, you're going to spend half of it being terrified.

-Mary Hollinshead

Day 4 was kind of lot of ups and down.

1) Excercise.

Incline pushups 2 set x 15 Slow (matrix style ... it hurts)

Knee tucks - 2 X 15 Slow as well. ( I hate those bit time!)

2) Food

Well, I was so full for lunch that I decided to skip dinner. The thing I love since I am Paleo/Primal is that I can do this thing without getting crazy. Before I would have killed is I skipped dinner. Now I felt full from lunch, so I just decided to pass. So I kind of recovered

3) Meditation

Done, but I do need to find a new approach. The current one is not working.

4) Life in General.

No job offers appealing on Internet.. on the other hand I am negotiation a Leave of Absence from my work for 3 months. I think I may keep this job up to after the LOA.

Peace

Here is the log for Day 5

Diet

Kind of respect the 90/10 mostly.

The horrible, horrible thing I did was that during a call with my boss, I grabbed some biscuits that were in front of me.. They were not good and I felt sick after...uhmm...

At the airport of Munich, when I was flying back home, I had some troubles finding something paleo. Finally I found a place where they served seafood. So I had a dish with shrimps... and a small bottle of water. The bill? 25 Euros.. Typical airport scam, especially if you do want to eat crap.

Exercise

Horizontal Pull 2 sets of 10. (Sortish,, when I woke up in the morning I was really tired)

Jackknife squats 2 sets of 15

Life

Not much on the job side. The morning meditation was just ok, while the evening, in the plane actually, was just.. right. After I felt very good.

On the other note I was in the taxi to the airport and the radio was playing a song from the seventies. The taxi driver (a guy around 50 with an huge belly)

told me 'this is from my years'. That made me smile.

What we consider our years? Is only when we are in out twenties?

I am 34 now, and honestly I never felt better. I have a grip on my life, not borderline obese anymore and I do not smoke anymore.

Well honestly my year is this one and the next 100 to come!

Day 6 - Almost a week!

Diet

Up to the evening totally followed. In the evening at friends house.. Not SUPER bad, but not good. And I suppose 4/5 glasses of champagne are pretty far from paleo

Exercise

Straight bridges 3 sets of 10

Crow stand 2 for 20 sec (My wrists are not strong enough yet..)

Wall head stand 2 for 2 min

Pushup - Plenty! Seriously I do not know how many, but during the day I just did set of 10 randomly.

Life

Morning Mediation was kind of crap, evening skipped due to champagne...

For the rest my shoulders hurt a little, since yesterday I spent sometimes with my GF in trying to learn the Parkour Roll... I think I kind of get it, but still not ready to do it on concrete...

That was an interesting article you posted a few days ago about meditation. It is hard work!

Morning Mediation was kind of crap

Some days meditating is very hard for me, and some days I can concentrate a little better. Still, it's always very challenging.

Awesome crow and head stands!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human-Dryad Ranger

Fitocracy

Shelter Sketches

If you want to live an interesting life, you're going to spend half of it being terrified.

-Mary Hollinshead

Thanks for the comments!

Waiting to board my flight to Germany.

day 7

DIET

I would say 70 percent paleo. Had a huge dinner with friends, the ingredients sort of ok, but the sausage were clearly too processed. I feel pretty bloated this morning.

EXCERCISE

Officially this should have been rest day. We took a long walk in the woods with friends and was fun. I played with a small hyperactive dog, so probably I did 10 sprints ... Also we practiced some parlour rolls in the grass. Fun, but I have an a big bruise on my shoulder... Ouch!

MEDITATION

Up and downs.

The morning meditation was sort of ok. Did with open eyes as experiment. Was different than usual but kind if worked out fine.

Evening one not so good.

I noticed I am sort of getting used to enter in meditation mode during my day, not always, but I can kind of focus more easily on the moment.

Peace.

Day 8

1) Excercise.

Incline pushups 3 set x 15 Slow

Knee tucks - 3 X 20 Slow as well.

2) Food

Really difficult to eat properly here. Apparently in Germany they need to put potatoes everywhere. So I got potatoes. Not Paleo.. I am slowly creeping out my Paleo diet, I need to really do an effort

3) Meditation

Bad news here. I am just not able any more. I feel stupid, I feel I am thinking about everything else. I get bored. . . I suppose I am having a bad period...

4) Life in General.

I think the main problem is Job related. It is 3 months that every Monday I take a flight and go to another country. I sit most of the time alone in a room doing a job that at best is a Junior job. I have been promoted to manager in February and since then I have done very low low level job. I need to get challenged. The days are slow, I feel useless and I get exhausted for inactivity.

I asked a Leave of Absence starting from February, but I seriously doubt I can resist any-more. I will scan the job offers again. But I do not know if I can find anything interesting.

Day 10

Diet - Paleo almost all the way ... had two biscuits with the coffe

Exercise - Probably I hurt my wrist last Sunday, so I was not able to do the Crown stands. replaced with HeadStand 2 x 2 minutes

Also Full bridges 2 x 20

Meditation - I decided to reset a little bit everything. I count, but I will not stop if my mind wanders. I keep on counting and I arrive up to 60. I noticed that slowly I get more and more relaxed. Funny..

Life - I posted for a job! I am kind of overskilled for it.. but is in Webdesign, so much more interesting for me than Finance Erp... :-)

Meditation - I decided to reset a little bit everything. I count, but I will not stop if my mind wanders. I keep on counting and I arrive up to 60. I noticed that slowly I get more and more relaxed. Funny..

Awesome! Maybe punishing yourself by starting over at 0 every time your mind wandered was too frustrating for you. Meditation should help you relax, not stress you out. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human-Dryad Ranger

Fitocracy

Shelter Sketches

-Mary Hollinshead

Collective post for my last days I have been travelling and busy with lot of stuff, but is not excuse .. so I will sum up and try be more diligent next time.

So days 4 to 6 october, which should be days 12-13-14...

Diet.

80% Paleo, with the following exceptions:

- Saturday Night I had a party and I drank 4 glasses of wine and had two slices of cake.

- On the plane I was starving and had pasta.

Meditation.

Up and down all the time. I found an iPhone apps which will guide you through meditation. Is really helpful when I cannot start meditating at all.

Life.

My attempt to find a new job is not going anywhere. I think is related to the fact I am not sure where to go next, I like the IT field, but I would like to have something more creating. I have a Label written on my CV, and is difficult for people to think I can do something different.

@cacodaemonia I think you are right, the reset of the counting is frustrating.. Now I try to take it easy as much as possible.

Day 15

Day over. I think I am way off track....

Exercise.

I did my stuff.. CHECK

Diet.

Lunch and Breakfast OK. Dinner had a huge dessert. Was with colleagues and they ordered dessert also for me.. had in front of me. Could not resist. Crap.

Meditation.

Thanks god I have found Buddify. It gives me some meditations to follow. It works

------

Apart from that I am in Romania for work. We work late for no real reason, apart showing the customer we work late (But there is nothing to do)... This makes me nervous and angry... and hungry consequently....

Day 16

Exercise + Meditation (Funny mix)

Done my bodyweight exercises and some sprinting + I mixed with a meditation from the Buddify app.. Pretty strange mix, but I think there is something... Is about being full aware of your body while exercising.

Diet.

Lunch and Breakfast OK.

For dinner I decided to almost skip. Had an apple and an orange. My body was telling me to not eat.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines