Alarion: Establishing the Foundations

Alarion

The last challenge proved to me that habit changes are possible and very good. For the last week or two after the challenge I slipped back into the old habits and found that it instantly felt worse: in fact I was almost constantly weary and now on the verge of catching a cold of sorts (can't have that!). Thus I don't think I will take on anything new, until I have mastered those few new habits properly and going back to the old ones is no longer a temptation. Therefore...

Goal 1: Sleep by 23:00 (yep, half an hour earlier than the last challenge - need to fit in those 8 hours of sleep somehow) - 4 times a week.

Evaluation:

24 and more nights = A = 4 CON

15 - 24 nights = B = 2 CON

10 - 15 nights = C = 1 CON

Goal 2: Sweets only on Saturdays.

Evaluation:

0 - 12 days = A = 4 CON

13 - 20 days = B = 2 CON

21 - 25 days = C = 1 CON

Goal 3: Games only on Saturdays.

Evaluation:

0 - 12 days = A = 4 CON

13 - 20 days = B = 2 CON

21 - 25 days = C = 1 CON

Goal 4: Computer-free days on Sundays. Hey, I have to rest those eyes sometime too - usually staring for hours at that square screen before me.

Evaluation:

5 - 6 Sundays = A = 3 WIS

3 - 4 Sundays = B = 2 WIS

2  Sundays = C = 1 WIS

~ All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us. ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Ranger

STR: 10.5 / DEX: 1 / STA: 2.9 / CON: 22 / WIS: 2 / CHA: 1

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Current challenge

Battle Log: No Quitting!

Nerdfit character: here

All right... The new challenge has started.

I used up my one day of online games yesterday, so I suppose no more this Saturday. Had no sweets and went to bed at about 22:50. No sweets or games today either. Also went for a shopping walk (5 km) and did some burpees and planks, and stretching.

On a different note, I hoped I'd get a sore throat or something and would be able to cancel tomorrow's dentist appointment, but ah well... Guess to the dentist I will go and let her fix that deep hole that needs fixing.

Otherwise I hope that this challenge will do me some more good, so I have something to build on.

~ All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us. ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Ranger

Current challenge

Oi, it is so hard getting back to no sweets! I crave them again every day. O.o

Sleep last night: 22:55. No games, no sweets today.

Went to the dentist (some 2 km). I thought I wouldn't be able to close my mouth any more - one and a half hours of sitting with it open. Silly root canal. And the tooth is not done yet anyway.

Went for a run too, though: 5 min run (0.62 km), 2 min walk, 30 min run (3.05 km).

Ranger

Current challenge

No sweets is tough.  Especially if you have a sweet tooth.  Maybe munch on a fruit or get some Mio for water since that sweetens the water without adding calories (I think).  Good luck on your challenge!

Level 5 Shapeshifter Monk

STR 10.75   :   DEX 7.5  :   STA 8.5   :   CON 5   :   WIS 7.5   :   CHA 7

Challenge: I am an Avenger

Past: 1st, Draugr, Super-hero, Rocky

A soon-to-be married Kung Fu enthusiast  

Aye, Jaex, it is tough! Especially after having eaten my fill of them almost every day for two weeks. But I think it'll be easier come week 2. I do eat plenty of fruit and such. :)

And update: sleep last night - 22.55. No sweets and no games. Also went to the driving school - 4.22 km. We had first aid classes.

And now off to read a bit and sleep. I like early bedtimes.

Ranger

Current challenge

Bed by 23:10 last night. Had no sweets today, nor played any games.

Today's physical activities:

5 min run (0.58 km), 2 min walk, 20 min run (2.28 km).

Chin up training - no idea when I'll be able to do 2 proper chin ups. Can only do 1 still.

14 push ups, 16 knee push ups, 56 squats, 45 sec rows, flies, shoulder presses, front raises.

Stretching

Also had a long nice bath and treated my hair with blended lemon and cucumber + conditioned with ACV and lemon. Now I smell like one big lemon, but the hair feels good.

One of my dear colleagues passed away a few days ago, so must go to funeral tomorrow. :( I suppose it will be a crying day.

Ranger

Current challenge

Ahhh. The whole week has passed by already, so need to summarise.

Week 1 (10 - 16):

Sleep by 23:00 - 5/7

Sweets - 1/7

Games - 1/7

Comp-free Saturday - 0 (I only checked some recipes, but so I did turn my comp on for an hour or so).

Additional info:

Average weight: 69.2 kg

Chin up training: 1

Runs: 2

Workouts: 2

And yesterday's bedtime: 23:10. Had sweets yesterday, so no sweets this Saturday. Hmm. No games today, nor sweets. Walked to the shop 5 km, and did some abs workout and stretching.

Ranger

Current challenge

Sleep last night - 22:50. No games and no sweets today. Also went for a run 5 min (0.61 km), 2 min walk, 25 min run (2.73 km). Did some cardio HIIT, chin up training and stretching. Managed 2 consecutive chin ups, though the second one - barely and probably in no good form.

Ranger

Current challenge

Sooo... some kind of update. :D

Bedtimes are good - though last night I stayed up after 23.00 a bit. No sweets and no games.

In terms of workouts: yesterday walked to the driving school 4.22 km, but today bodyweight workout and stretching. Didn't go for a run, as I was stuck fighting the invasion of pantry moths. Had larvae crawling all over the ceiling and sleeping in my food and even among books. Had to throw out quite a lot of food and all my tea supplies. Hopefully it'll be better now - I washed everything with soap water, sprayed the shelves with vinegar + tea tree oil, and even put bay leaves here and there, just in case it works.

Ranger

Current challenge

Hi Alarion! Finally found my way here to comment :) Great to see you're pushing your challenges - 30 minutes more sleep is a lot! I should probably follow your lead with walking...

I'm sorry for your loss, it's horrible to lose a person...! Wishing you a lot of strength!

Didn't go for a run, as I was stuck fighting the invasion of pantry moths. Had larvae crawling all over the ceiling and sleeping in my food and even among books. Had to throw out quite a lot of food and all my tea supplies. Hopefully it'll be better now - I washed everything with soap water, sprayed the shelves with vinegar + tea tree oil, and even put bay leaves here and there, just in case it works.

Oh noooooope! Hopefully you managed to eliminate the problem x__x

-:*~ Journal ~*:-

Had larvae crawling all over the ceiling and sleeping in my food and even among books. Had to throw out quite a lot of food and all my tea supplies. Hopefully it'll be better now - I washed everything with soap water, sprayed the shelves with vinegar + tea tree oil, and even put bay leaves here and there, just in case it works.

That is some disgusting imagery.  Hope it is solved now!

Yes, definitely hard to lose a person. However, the funeral was very good (if you can say that about funerals): no horribly depressed moods, but rather hope, gratitude and good memories.

I think I might be moth-free for a while; no more larvae, though I did catch one big moth today. Then again, I couldn't get to the top of the cabinet and such, so some might have escaped.

Week 2 (17 - 23):

Sleep by 23:00 - 3/7 - hmm, could have done better last week.

Sweets - 1/7

Games - 1/7

Comp-free Saturday - 1 - I would have enjoyed it, but... I am a very huge introvert, so didn't feel at ease with my flat-mate and her guests invading the kitchen all weekend.

Additional info:

Average weight: 68.9 kg

Runs: 1 - lazy, lazy, lazy

Workouts: 3

Km walked/run: 26

Eh, have been lazy today too, and no run. But did walk to the driving school - 4.22 km. Also no sweets and no games.

• Like 1

Ranger

Current challenge

Managed a proper bedtime last night - 22:47. No sweets, no games today.

Physical activities: met a friend and then went for a 6 km shopping walk; later chin up training (yay, moving on to Phase 5) and HIIT workout + stretching. Some exercises were too difficult for me, and a downstairs neighbour probably thought I had turned into an elephant.

Also made a strange mix for dinner: broccoli, celery, apple, walnuts, raisins, yoghurt, honey, mustard and poppy seeds... Edible!

Ranger

Current challenge

Comp-free Saturday - 1 - I would have enjoyed it, but... I am a very huge introvert, so didn't feel at ease with my flat-mate and her guests invading the kitchen all weekend.

Oh, I understand very well...! :D Hopefully you'll have enough time to recharge your batteries!

Also made a strange mix for dinner: broccoli, celery, apple, walnuts, raisins, yoghurt, honey, mustard and poppy seeds... Edible!

This strange mix sounds worth a try! What made you try something like this? Your own creative mind? Aliens? 8D

Guests left, but Kristīne is still home. She ate my cheese! *grumble*

Haha, Ensi. I found that recipe in one of the free e-books on amazon. Thought it kind of weird, but it actually ended up delicious.

And... I haven't had much to report lately, so I've neglected this site for a bit. And still not much to report! My sleep habit is on and off, but should manage 4 days this week, I hope. But no games and no sweets, though I've been very tempted at times. Overcame laziness today and went for a run 5 minutes + 22.27 minutes (there were dogs, so I stopped in order not to be eaten). Felt good!

Driving school theory tests are coming along nicely, one more left. Then two exams. And on Tuesday my first driving lesson.

Ranger

Current challenge

Went to bed late last night - watched a couple of movies. But then shopping walk - 5 km, chin up training, chocolate and games... Tomorrow is Saturday, but I think I shall have to work, since I rested today. Ah well...

• Like 1

Ranger

Current challenge

Week 3 (24-30 ):

Sleep by 23:00 - 4/7 - though it doesn't necessarily mean that I fell asleep right away. Just turned off lights.

Sweets - 1/7

Games - 1/7

Comp-free Sunday - 0 - Worked, so had to use my comp.

Additional info:

Average weight: 68.8 kg

Chin up training: 2

Runs: 1 - lazy, lazy, lazy

Workouts: 2

I'm not actually sure I want to run in -8 or so degrees without appropriate running gear. I have a light jacket, but it doesn't wick the sweat away and keeps everything inside, so I end up being cold after I finish my run. Will see...

And I've been a bit up and down last week and this week - "red days" have come. Meh... Played games more than I should, feeling tired and lazy, and grumpy.

But I did have my first driving lesson today. Almost enjoyable, I should say. But no idea how it is possible to manage the wheel and clutch+gear stick at the same time, and then keep an eye on the mirrors, road signs and what not. But definitely looking forward to the next lesson.

• Like 1

Ranger

Current challenge

And I've been a bit up and down last week and this week - "red days" have come. Meh... Played games more than I should, feeling tired and lazy, and grumpy.

tumblr_n0naehXNdM1t9qkywo1_500.gif

tumblr_n0naehXNdM1t9qkywo2_500.gif

Haha what I'm saying is that I understand you completely T__T  Go get yourself a nice running jacket, maybe that could help you get through grumpiness? :D

• Like 1

Yeah, I tend to layer up when it is cold out.  One thing I do like about running in the cold - there is a definite incentive to keep moving hard to stay warm.

Hope this week goes better for ya!

:D Legolas was quite right.

I think this week would be the craziest of these 4. I've already eaten sweets enough for this week, played games for 2 days, no runs... Though I did my chin up training today. And have been walking a bit too. Sleep (lights out) pretty okay, but I find that sleep flees from me and mind begins to race whenever I turn off the lights and intend to sleep. Hmm. Go figure.

But good news - my internship is over (though I still have work), and I have passed all 7 theory tests for the driving school. Now 2 exams remain, and driving.

Ranger

Current challenge

Week 4 (1-7):

Sleep by 23:00 - 4/7 - but still trouble falling asleep.

Sweets - 2/7

Games - 3/7

Comp-free Sunday - 0 - Meh.

Additional info:

Average weight: 69.3 kg - little wonder with all the red.

Runs: 0

Workouts: 1

Km walked/run: 25.64

So last week was rather off almost in all areas, but two more weeks left, so I better pick myself up and finish the challenge properly.

That said I went for a run today, even though wet snow was coming down and into my face: 5 min run (0.62 km), 2 min walk, 35 min run (3.51 km). Also did my chin up training, and 6 bodyweight exercises for legs + stretching. I seriously thought my legs would fall off, even though those were just 6 exercises with about 12 reps each. Run felt so good - I had missed out for a whole week and more, and don't remember when I had my long walk last time! Not getting out doesn't help to do more work, though. So I better find time to run and walk.

Ah, and no games, but I did eat a couple of pieces of chocolate (couldn't resist when offered by my internship supervisor).

Ranger

Current challenge

Bed by 23:30 last night. No games, no sweets. I've been working hard today, but still took a 5 km walk to the shop, and did a dumbbell workout and some stretching. Probably should go sleep at a decent time - driving lesson at 8:30 tomorrow...

Ranger

Current challenge

Uh oh. And here I thought I was safe from staying up late reading LOTR, but I was wrong... Read and read, until it was 1:35. Not a good idea when the driving lesson starts at 8:30. It was hard to focus because I was tired and sleepy, but somehow managed. My instructor said he'd want to see if I can make my own decisions and know what to do without him telling me constantly that it is time to use the clutch, lever, mirrors etc. Crazy instructor! I've only had 3 lessons. And also passed my driving school theory exam with no errors. Now just the state exam left, and then the theory part is over.

As for other things: no sweets and no games. Went for a run: 15 min (1.69 km), 2 min walk, and 15 more min of run (1.71 km). And then that walk to the driving school - 4.22 km.

Anyway. I am not sure I'll get an early night, since it seems that my apartment buddy plans to have a pizza night with her friends. Who knows how long that will take; though I might make an attempt at sleeping anyway.

• Like 1

Ranger

Current challenge

Yay. I think my sleep is back finally - went to bed by 22:45 last night and fell asleep even with the girls in the other room playing board games and laughing loudly. No games today, but had pancakes with jam when visited my friend, so that must count as sweets.

And now I better go to bed, read a bit (hopefully) and sleep - there is much work to do. About 100 pages of translation to be finished before the next year (don't think I can manage it before Christmas).

Ranger

Current challenge