• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

jhonny

g.i. joe questing (jhonny)

Hi. I am   Jhonny. 

170 cms and a large tummy(167 pounds). So am I human??or maybe a hobbt if you look from the Scandinavians point of view(daam they are tall). Or a new born orge( :nevreness: ).

Not too sure what I want to be..right now I think I will say "to be fit".

I have started c25k to reduce my belly(I started after reading steve's blog and finished 2 weeks today..actually just came from a run). For strength training I bought an amazing book...didn't know such a book existed...drum roll....."Convict conditioning by Paul Wade". Following his book I can do 10 proper pushups and a full bridge. But I still need lots of work to complete my first pull-up(you don't need to consider me as a superhero right now).

I saw the website around 4 weeks ago and signed for the challenge. I put in lofty goals and ofcourse failed. This time I plan  to do better. 

So for the past 2 weeks I have been reading steve's blog(almost 3 hours a day). Now you must think I don't have any job, but it's just that his posts are really inspiring. I think they will seriously make a difference in my past short challenge and this one.

ok..so favourite game: AOE and DOTA(I am still an oldie), although I don't play much these days.

Main Quest: Jump like the commando in the contra game..if anyone hasn't played the game here is a video of it :

Maybe after the quest I will become a g.i.joe !!

Smart Quests: 

1. Work out 6(plus-minus)1 days a week - I know but I count cycling for 10 minutes too as a workout day 

2. Loose 7 pounds

3. Measure all of my workouts daily and plan according to them.

Life Quest: I get easily distracted in my work. I will concentrate on my work for atleast 4 hours a day(in 2 hour shifts) and pay complete attention to it. 

Motivation: Want to look good in front of the mirror. A huge belly doesn't make one flow with confidence. Plus I like Steve's moto of living the day in the best manner possible and not to waste even a God given day. I plan to stick by this and remind myself to be strong and succeed in life.

so guys, have I missed anything?

I wish you guys and gals(no discrimination!!)all the best and wish to see myself as a fitter me in 6 weeks. 

now back to reading steve's journey..

Hi jhonny, do you have a more structured plan for goals 2 and 3?  Maybe check out the Campus Tour for this week if you're at a loss.

You might notice that someone has added tags onto your thread.  This is not to pigeonhole you into a specific guild, but rather to attract the attention of the guild ambassadors because of your lifestyle or a grouping of goals, so that they might be able to motivate, encourage and advise you of anything during your challenge with us.  You don't even need to wait for them, you're welcome to pop into the Adventurers to say hi and introduce yourself and to see what they're about. Also you are more than welcome to drop me a line at any time if you need anything.

Good luck

AB xx

Hi jhonny!

I'm starsapart, one of the Ambassadors for the Assassins Guild.  Although the Adventurers may indeed be a great fit for you (they're a great guild full of amazing folks!), it looks like you have some goals and activities in common with a number of our members as well, and we'd love to help you reach and exceed your goals - and amaze yourself if you so desire!  We're always here to talk bodyweight work with you - and more!  We've got a number of people who are doing or have done the Convict Conditioning training plan.

If you think you might be interested in what our guild has to offer, here's a link to the Assassins' Guild Info & Announcements thread. You can also feel free to pop into the Assassins' Den guild chat thread and get in on the fun.  Everyone's friendly and glad to answer questions - or spam your inbox with gifs, either or, really.  You can also stop by the Assassin Initiates thread to meet other level 1 rebels who may share your interests.  The Assassin Phonebook is another great resource where you can find guild members whose interests might match your own.  Feel free to message or follow these people for assistance and inspiration!

If you ever have any questions or need help, myself and my colleagues are here for you, and I'd love to chat with you anytime!  Feel free to visit my challenge thread or send me a note via the PM system.

My fellow Ambassadors and I will be checking in on you as the challenge goes on, but it looks like you're ready and eager to go.  So get out there and assassinate kill those goals!    :ph34r: 

Hi jhonny, do you have a more structured plan for goals 2 and 3?  Maybe check out the Campus Tour for this week if you're at a loss.

You might notice that someone has added tags onto your thread.  This is not to pigeonhole you into a specific guild, but rather to attract the attention of the guild ambassadors because of your lifestyle or a grouping of goals, so that they might be able to motivate, encourage and advise you of anything during your challenge with us.  You don't even need to wait for them, you're welcome to pop into the Adventurers to say hi and introduce yourself and to see what they're about. Also you are more than welcome to drop me a line at any time if you need anything.

Good luck

AB xx

Hi Blaidd

sorry for the late reply. 

In reply to your question on elaborating 2 and 3:

2: I actually lost 13 pounds in a year due to food, after which it plateaued.I have been cooking food at home for all my major meals(breakfast, lunch and dinner), but I can't go complete paleo. I think exercise should take care of the rest.

3: I am keeping a hard copy for maintaining and planning of my workouts as well as food(though I don't do calorie counting). I will plan my workouts based on my previous workout and state of the body. 

Now I got a question: 

I actually measured by body and wanted your views on it(I hope you don't consider me a pervert :playful: )

height: 171.2"     weight   169lb(it increased by 2 in 2 weeks)

chest: 37.6"         waist: 35.8"     hip: 36.5"

bicep: 13.5"       thigh: 21.6"     

tried to measure shoulder width but difficult.

I actually want to know what ideal weight I should aim for(i.e. under a particular weight limit)?as I am aiming for weight loss and not muscle gain in this challenge I will prefer if I can aim to a particular point(I just picked up 7lb as I thought that any more won't be feseable). Right now I am planning to do 3 days body workouts and 3 days cardio. But I can change them to 2/4 or 1/5 to suit my needs. 

I will definitely look into the assassin and adventure's guild. Will seriously explore the rebellion(right now a bit packed with work. should get free in one to 2 days.

PS: how do I put that bar in my signature? It looks amazing.

Jhonny(need to change it to a better one...)

On my 2 days of workout:

11th November: This was a new one for me. I really felt lazy during my workout time(around 5 pm) and so I just kept on relaxing. But I was feeling seriously guilty...2nd day into the challenge and tell everyone I fell off the wagon?? I at 1 am at night warmed up and did my body weight workout circuit:

35x3 kneeling push ups

10x2 straight leg raises

15x2 full squats

7x2 full bridges

But since it was night and I didnt want to sweat too much took around 2-3 min breaks between each circuit.slept at 2:30 a.m.

12th November: 7th workout of c25k program. since the the time for jogging was alloted a bit longer(3 mins joggig after which I was huffing and puffing) I jogged compartively slower this time than my earlier workouts(around 400m in 3 mins jogging)

Hey love the g i joe theme!

Awesome job on the workout, also it is hard to make a bit shift in changes, just get back on it next meal. My challenge is to not eat wheat, yet I ate some wrap bread today, my willpower was low because I have been ill, still feel guilty.

The only thing to do is shake it off and get back on it, aslong as you never skip 2 workouts you will be golden. Maybe change the time you workout, I always find if I work out early it gives me more energy and I am less sluggish, but find what works for you!

I am King Leeroy by the way, I'm Adventurer Ambassador, if you have any questions don't hesitate to drop me a line on my challenge page or in a PM if you have any questions about anything! Here is my current challenge and some wee tips for using the forum on this tutorial.

• Like 1

todays body weight workout: 

6x3 pushups

18x2 full squats

8x3 full bridges

12x2 leg raises

Today I increased the reps of each exercise. But I think I should do a bit of cardio for warmup. Did 50 jumping jacksmeed to do a bit more for raising my heart beat.

I actually lost 13 pounds in a year due to food, after which it plateaued.I have been cooking food at home for all my major meals(breakfast, lunch and dinner), but I can't go complete paleo. I think exercise should take care of the rest.

Something I've been learning lately is there are many different "paleo"s, and more importantly there are many different healthy eating styles (i hate the word diet) that work for people. Might check out Your personal Paleo Code by Chris Kresser, or Perfect Health diet by Paul Jaminet if you're interested in some modified paleo (PHD has rice, potatoes, and a few "safe" starches which makes it way easier for me) Most important thing, find something that you like, and that works for you. 

Blaidd said she'd be doing a tutorial thingy on the bars next week! 

And as far as goal weight, well, that really depends. Weight is sort of like body fat, as far as it can look very different depending on muscles, and body make up

10-percent-body-fat-male-pictures1.jpg

http://www.leighpeele.com/body-fat-pictures-and-percentages

Might look into this NF blog, has helped me a lot

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/07/02/body-fat-percentage/

Hey there jhonny, first off it looks like your first week is going well! Keep up the good work :D

Now I got a question: 

I actually measured by body and wanted your views on it(I hope you don't consider me a pervert :playful: )

height: 171.2"     weight   169lb(it increased by 2 in 2 weeks)

chest: 37.6"         waist: 35.8"     hip: 36.5"

bicep: 13.5"       thigh: 21.6"     

tried to measure shoulder width but difficult.

I actually want to know what ideal weight I should aim for(i.e. under a particular weight limit)?as I am aiming for weight loss and not muscle gain in this challenge I will prefer if I can aim to a particular point(I just picked up 7lb as I thought that any more won't be feseable). Right now I am planning to do 3 days body workouts and 3 days cardio. But I can change them to 2/4 or 1/5 to suit my needs. 

This is a tough question to answer. There are various sites that will help you estimate your body fat % based on circumference measurements. Once you have a better idea where you body fat % is then you can figure out what type of % you want and the weight that goes with it.  Hope that helps!

screwed up my bodyweight workout for yesterday. Had something urgently comeup and hence only did half of what I had planned. In that, I even screwed up my pushups(I think I placed my hands a bit wider due to which the form started detoriating after 4 reps). Hoping today goes well.

Hey there jhonny, first off it looks like your first week is going well! Keep up the good work :D

This is a tough question to answer. There are various sites that will help you estimate your body fat % based on circumference measurements. Once you have a better idea where you body fat % is then you can figure out what type of % you want and the weight that goes with it.  Hope that helps!

do you know which site gives bodyfat percentages based on measurements?

do you know which site gives bodyfat percentages based on measurements?

StrengthUnbound has an article explaining different options for calculating body fat on your own. This site has a variety of calculators where you can just plug in the measurements including an "ideal" bodyweight calculator.

Let me know if you have other questions and I'll try to point you to resources. :D

• Like 2

Rest day: 

1. Jump rope: jumped 103 times before calves started screeming(they didn't literally opened their mouth to start screeming). After a 3 min break /i hopped in my second set like an idiot...tripped over it during my 6th and 33rd jump after which I thought I should better stop before I fall over my face)

2. I cycled after a long time(stationary one). Thought I would be able to cycle 20 minutes at resistance 2, 7 minutes proved more than enough to me with an average of 65 rpm. I will definitely try to improve on this time in my off days.

Daam...(sorry for cursing but cant help it) . for the last 4 days I haven't exercised properly. I half assed my body workout for a day, cycled easily for one and missed the last 2 workouts. I need to find few friends for taking accountability. 

Today I started headstand practice. Did level 1 successfully: 1 min wall plank.. Will do the same tomorrow before going to level 2. The plan for today is to start week 4 of c25k(whick I was supposed to do yesterday). Hopefully I am up to the task. All the best to me!!

hmm...I think I am going around pretty well...finished yesterday's and today's workout on top. I just am lacking time for my second workout of the day(15sec headstand practice)

Good job on sticking with it.  I love running again too ... it just took time to get back into it and get into condition to enjoy the workouts again.

Can you do your second workout before or after some trigger event?  Like dinner, brushing teeth, or getting ready for bed? 

• Like 2

Good job on sticking with it.  I love running again too ... it just took time to get back into it and get into condition to enjoy the workouts again.

Can you do your second workout before or after some trigger event?  Like dinner, brushing teeth, or getting ready for bed? 

sure...thanks for the advice.. I normally come from work at 3..and have a nap..If I sit in front of my desktop after the nap, it becomes difficult to get out of it..Hence I thought that I would not open up my desktop until I finish my workout....have been a bit out of it as I had the flu..A bit better today.

• Like 1

This is fantastic!

How did the end of the week work out for you?

I am skipping a lot of workouts....only keeping up with my running...nearly skipped all my bodyweight workouts for the week...hence feeling guilty in writing the post...It's mostly because of festive season and the cold(I know excuses)...though I did go for my last run (which was for 25 mins) I couldnt finish it...couldnt run the last 2 mins..my body was feeling a bit shitty at that time. hence going to try it again tomorrow...hopefully I will be a bit more regular for this week.

I am skipping a lot of workouts....only keeping up with my running...nearly skipped all my bodyweight workouts for the week...hence feeling guilty in writing the post...It's mostly because of festive season and the cold(I know excuses)...though I did go for my last run (which was for 25 mins) I couldnt finish it...couldnt run the last 2 mins..my body was feeling a bit shitty at that time. hence going to try it again tomorrow...hopefully I will be a bit more regular for this week.

Just remember, life is a marathon, not a sprint. Sure, you've skipped workouts, but hey!  You're running!  That's awesome!!!  Bit by bit, you can improve the rest!

So keep on keeping on. ^_^

• Like 2