• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

I would love to sign up as well! I love drawing, painting, sewing, coloring, all of it! Right now I am taking a sculpting/ceramics class at my community college and I have learned a lot. My life goal for the current challenge is to finish my course with a A so I can get full reimbursement from my job for the semester. Good reason enough :) I am working hard for that A!

• Like 1

This is so amazing! The breadth of creativity!

This week's mini challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to post ONE thing you did this week creative for accountability.

If you can photo it, great. If it's an unsharable journal...pages? #entries? Music...you can photo your music piece...or your instrument. ..or post audio!

Just one! More if you want to, but the challenge is to SHOW ME!

it's Tuesday already, and all I have are. ..oh wait! I have photos of the clouds I took from the airplane worth an eye towards a heavenly memorial portrait I've been commissioned to do...!

See what I almost dogs there? I almost disqualified my own gifting because it wasn't a finished product!

We are all creatives here...we all know about the process. .just share!

So, I'll post my faves tomorrow!

Here is what I have worked on last week and this week. So far in my sculpting/ceramics class we have mostly  focused on the sculpting part. Last week I got the chance to begin wheel throwing. I didn't think I would like it as much but I was so wrong; I LOVED IT! 

Here are my two projects, the first is way better than the second:

Last week - My first time ever on the wheel! Not a great piece of work, but I think it will make a nice salsa bowl :) Stupid fingerprints got on it >.<

gallery_33581_1491_21692.jpg

This week - my attempt at making a tea cup. Now I understand why my instructor recommends having a mirror in front of the wheel because my cup turned out lopsided as hell! But I think it kinda has a whimsical charm to it. :) Plus I was very rushed because of the limited number of wheels and other students needed to use them. 

gallery_33581_1491_8497.jpg

I wish I could use the wheel more but we have to move into assemblages after the Thanksgiving break. Fun Fun  :redface: I'll be sharing those too!

• Like 2

Elaine.N7...did you know that the true Amish quilts are made with one wrong block so that no one could stiffer woth the vanity of perfection that is God's? I never have to force something. ..but i like a little lopsided. Now, if it was fine china, that would be another thing, but that wouldn't be hand thrown pottery now would it?

• Like 1

One of my favorite bowls I threw was a mistake, I almost threw the bowl back into the water to be able to reuse the clay, but my instructor convinced me to keep it. Raku fired with no glaze and just smoked it, and it's one of my 2 favorite pieces I ever did. It's currently at my parents (I think) I'll try and get a pic of it, since i dont seem to have it.

Took me awhile, but learn to embrace the imperfections, they might turn out to be your favorite!

• Like 2

6J2Rbk8.jpg

I was supposed to be doing maths homework but ended up drawing a dog instead.

...hm.

(Forgive the awful quality! My phone camera is ancient.)

Wow! Nice dog!

It reminded me of an Aguara Guazu! (the legs jeje)

2674416497_9e3992835c_b.jpg

• Like 1

One of my favorite bowls I threw was a mistake, I almost threw the bowl back into the water to be able to reuse the clay, but my instructor convinced me to keep it. Raku fired with no glaze and just smoked it, and it's one of my 2 favorite pieces I ever did. It's currently at my parents (I think) I'll try and get a pic of it, since i dont seem to have it.

Took me awhile, but learn to embrace the imperfections, they might turn out to be your favorite!

I would love to see it. :) We get to do some glazing after Thanksgiving. Will be my first time for that too. There is one piece my art instructor loves that I will paint instead of glaze, he and his sister (who is also my drawing teacher lol) recommended that I enter it a competition. He even said he would like to exhibit it at the college.  :victorious:

• Like 1

Hey! I'd love to be a part of this group. My Life goal this quest is to get my butt into writing, but I've dabbled in assorted other things all my life, like painting (with acrylics, mostly), drawing (charcoal, pencil, and pastel), playing the trumpet and french horn. I also have some basic crocheting skills I'd like to polish, and I'd love to learn knitting as well. Before I left for college, my parents let me paint a big mural on one of their basement walls that is still there over 10 years later, and I gave my family some of my charcoals and pastels for Christmas one year when I was especially strapped for cash. I don't have any good pictures of the art though, right now :( I'll see if I can get my hands on some. I also have a bit of a house plant and gardening addiction.

Got some writing in for my first week, not much but last week and this week are especially busy. 

• Like 2

So, I started off my journal today talking about meditating and I thought I would be able to share it here and then it somehow turned into a page-long rant about my issues with my mom. So, I'm keeping that one to myself for now. Now that I'm in a group with people sharing their work I'm regretting never getting into any shorter writing formats. I just started working on a feature length script, I'll keep you updated on that as it progresses. Working out the log line right now.

I am still so blown away by all the stuff people are sharing! Y'all are so talented! I'm not great at drawing, but I started taking some online classes a while ago and was seeing some improvement. I haven't done it in a while (stopped because of time constraints, never picked it back up again because of inertia), but I'm feeling like I need to start again.

Also, I got out my Over the Rainbow sheet music and am happy to discover I still mostly remember how to play it. I was worried I would have to completely relearn the fingering and stuff, but really it just needs some practice to get more comfortable with it again. I also started going through a bunch of my old sheet music, so I guess playing the piano is a thing I do again now.

• Like 2

I'd love to learn knitting as well.

There are few things that bring me as much joy as helping new knitters. I have had friends call me out of blue to ask for help with some new project they're struggling with, and have talked people through techniques over the phone. Feel free to let me know if/when you decide to try it out!

• Like 1

I love knitting! But I only know the basics. I've knitted a couple of harry potter scarves. my husband is the one who actually taught me :-) my problem is is that there's so many things that I want to do and I never seem to have the time to do them. :'(

• Like 1

Not the bowl I was talking about, but another mistake gone way better than I expected. Ended up with a crack in it early on in the drying process, decided to make use of it instead of trying to fix it

rIugBYh.jpg

• Like 4

Rough draft of first tattoo; complete.

I've got a full concept for what I'll be getting. I absolutely cannot wait until it's finalized.

My dad really likes the design; it's a cave-painting style tribal monkey. I used love climbing up to the roof when I was a little boy, and my dad dubbed me the family's pet monkey.

That was over a decade ago, and he still calls me a monkey. It's even more fitting now that I practice rock-climbing, heh. =D

Anyway, final design will be up.. whenever. As this group is a secret society for nerds who have the super-power of creativity an artist's group, I'll gladly accept any critical analysis of the tattoo design.

• Like 2

Ooooh can I come hang with you guys? I am working on my BFA and I have been a depressed cheeto eater for the last 3 months and I am having trouble making anything. Long story. But it might help to be near other makers.

• Like 2

Ooooh can I come hang with you guys? I am working on my BFA and I have been a depressed cheeto eater for the last 3 months and I am having trouble making anything. Long story. But it might help to be near other makers.

58f202f1f7c78456a5d0e1ab2789e457.jpg
  • Like 1

Rough draft of first tattoo; complete.

I've got a full concept for what I'll be getting. I absolutely cannot wait until it's finalized.

My dad really likes the design; it's a cave-painting style tribal monkey. I used love climbing up to the roof when I was a little boy, and my dad dubbed me the family's pet monkey.

That was over a decade ago, and he still calls me a monkey. It's even more fitting now that I practice rock-climbing, heh. =D

Anyway, final design will be up.. whenever. As this group is a secret society for nerds who have the super-power of creativity an artist's group, I'll gladly accept any critical analysis of the tattoo design.

I demand to see your design! Whenever you're ready, that is. :playful:  Sounds cool, though.