• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear. Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair. Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't fuzzy was he. Wuzzy Wuzzy Wuzzah Wuzzah Wooooo Waaaaaaah. 

Try singing that really fast, and then not laughing when the woman next to you asks very seriously about how many Wuzzys and Wuzzahs to sing, and about which Wuzzy to change notes on.

I love chorus rehearsals.

• Like 4

I've decided to resume work on another anime character;

1dOyoUo.jpg

(Ignore the black line on the left of the picture; I used my scanner to get it on my computer drive. The real picture doesn't have that. =D)

I left this drawing some time ago, but I want to add more detail with the hair and develop the tone a bit more.

I also have yet to start on my tattoos, need to fit em in my schedule somehow. Maybe I should dedicated 30 minutes before I go to bed to art? Hm, we'll see.

• Like 3

Signed up! For this challenge I want to make at least 3 new paintings. I know that doesn't sound like a lot, but my life is pretty busy right now and I wanted to give myself a realistic goal.

I'm going to try to finish my one painting I started about a year ago. Three sounds like plenty to me.

Hey all,

I'm joining as a musician more than visual artist, although I do some of both. I've been really bad about picking up my fiddle lately, and I want to change that: it's my main instrument. My goal for the challenge is to learn to sing while accompanying myself on the fiddle.

I'm also trying to lose weight, and get back to running while recovering from an ankle injury. Besides running, I love hiking, and I do a moderate amount of yoga. My favorite is to go trail running, but that's probably out until spring, because my ankle just can't handle the uneven terrain, and it's probably going to be iced over before I heal that much.

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/56499-fiddle-on-get-back-on-track-again/

Yay for making time for music. I haven't played my guitar in a few years. My husband just mentioned it today. Fiddle looks like so much fun. I've wanted to play cello for years, love the strings :)

I've added art photography to my challenge. I'm going to try to find a photo challenge or list of subjects or something. I'll post what I end up with.

• Like 1

Room for another or full?

I'm a rebel...i don't keep track of the number. ..we're a loosely banded band of creatives...who can't to be burdened with stifling rules like limits and numbers! Muwhahahaha!

Welcome. I'll update the op when I get back from Boston next week. That will give folks time to find their way here.

Feowyn...i have a book on Kindle that has a list of 365 photo challenge ideas for a photo journal...if you don't find something. ..let me know. Kindle doesn't let you copy and paste...grrrr.

a56ab7dd59709fa5d334b51ad71d270d.jpg

So, I drew this today :L

After some time, I felt so wow!

This message was convincingly brought to you by,"my imaginative brain", co-produced by "my nimble but bulbous fingers".

• Like 2

I'm going to try to finish my one painting I started about a year ago. Three sounds like plenty to me.

Yay for making time for music. I haven't played my guitar in a few years. My husband just mentioned it today. Fiddle looks like so much fun. I've wanted to play cello for years, love the strings :)

I've added art photography to my challenge. I'm going to try to find a photo challenge or list of subjects or something. I'll post what I end up with.

I love how the cello sounds. I wish I played it, but since I've already got 5 types of instruments in my apartment, and only use three of them, that's just not going to happen. Guitar is another one I wish I played. It's so convenient for backing people up.

• Like 2

Sorry, multipost.

New rule for us artistic types....double (and triple) posts need to be edited and cute things put in. ...like a photo, a gif, or some witty saying you have!

15a357c24d5643b36c1e6b908c8147c2.jpg

And no more apologies...unless you did it on purpose! Lol.

Seriously, everyone gets multiple posts some times. ..i just try to make them profitable.

792b2b29c1132baa9bd4bfe5fb8ac8d5.jpg

• Like 4

Musuku...three new paintings? What is your medium?

My medium? I'm not sure I get what you mean (this is not my first language) , but acrylic paint on canvas. The bigger the better, the paintings that I have done this year were on walls.

• Like 2

Hey, Fiddle-on! Was lurking and saw you are back - hear you on having lots of instruments in the house and not enough time to play them all.

Seeing another musician post here brought me out of the woodwork...

I'm swamped with the app release. If I have time after next week, I'll swing by and participate for real. This is a fun group and lots of cool stuff going on!

• Like 2

did some art, but....I didn't like it so I set it on fire heh heh (It was a bad day today) 

I hope it burned very prettily for you, and made your day a little brighter :playful: . It would be a shame to lose the art without getting anything back.

Karen

• Like 1

There’s a Saturday choral rehearsal tomorrow morning. That means I get to bake something fun for breakfast, and since there's so many people to split it, I'm not even going to try to make something healthy. I’m thinking sour cream coffee cake. It’s one of my favorites, and I almost never get an excuse to make it, because the traditional recipe is so big you really need at least 10 people around to eat it, or most of the cake is left over. Plus, it’s so unhealthy that many people will just turn it down. So a rehearsal with 60 people is really ideal. 

Fiddle

• Like 4

After two days of not painting as a result of being out from 7am to 10pm, I finally managed to get a bit more work done on the laptop case! It's now about a third into completion, and I'm quite happy with it! (bonus lesson learned as a result of near-messups: in the event of accidental fabric paint smudges, water can save your life)

Picture!

B2akARGCYAAJd4k.jpg

• Like 8

my writing art!

As a group of us embark on the Fenway Spartan - Jenn Gropp Wiegel Frye, Jim Wildman, myself, and several others (Teros, KitBi, Heidi, Teri, Ravnos, and a ton of others - Andrea Tinney, Seth Kellas, Matt Roberts and others that I don't rememer thier real names!), this morning dawns with a gloriously sunny sky, and a crisp 23degree temp.

thank God it's not the freezing mix that as once predicted for today!

Some have tackled the Spartan before.

Some have won.

Some have been knocked down.

But everyone here is here to take down this mountain.

There are two groups of us - a set in Boston in AirB&B's, and a set out in Framingham - in a Residence Inn.

While the post celebrating will be different - the support given DURING the race will be the same.

There will be cheering.

There will be screaming.

There will be crying that freezes on our cheeks.

There will be smiles that will threaten to break our frozen cheeks!

There are racers and there are cheer-ers.

But at the end of today, we will all be SPARTAN PROUD!

• Like 2

Hello,

Another musician (singer) who would like to join you.  I specialize in early music and my passion is, medieval music, but I sing a lot of classical as well and sometimes do some jazz.

My Life Quest for this challenge involves building up a practice regimen again.  Hard to post pictures of that, but maybe I'll figure out a way.

~Dantilla

• Like 2

Here is a song I will be working on in the coming month.  I need to transcribe it first, then the group and I will work it up to performance level for our show in December!

Rex Noster

• Like 3

Saw dumb and dumber 2, started a jim carrey portrait. Spent a few hours on it. Trying a style inspired by Greg manchess. Went grayscale as I really need to work on value. Its still a work in progress but I like how much I'm learning from it. Will post when it's done.

• Like 1

This week, I will be starting spartan portraits for my friends that did thier first spartans this weekend. ..i have never done portraits...and i need them to be stylized...not realistic, or the spartan logo won't work for the helmet....won't learn unless you try, eh cn3wton?

Hi,

I'd like to join up as well. I've always wanted to draw since I was little, but never thought I had the talent. Only recently, I've played around with drawing and realised that it's something that people learn to do, that I can improve and that I have actually drawn some ok stuff. I just need to have patience, start small and practice.

For my current challenge, I am doing something creative 2 times a week.. and at this point.. it will most likely be drawing, although I may dig up my clarinet and give it a go to mix it up.

I'm loving seeing the breath of skills people have in this thread :)

• Like 1

Hey, all! Looks like you've already got a pretty big group here, I hope you don't mind one more! I like doing a few different things, but my primary art form is as a writer. I'm hoping to eventually work as a comedy writer (TV is the medium that interests me most, but I also love screenwriting. I've been playing around with trying to write something to make into a serialized podcast, but not much has come out of that yet). One of my goals for this challenge is to keep a daily journal, something I've been meaning to do for a long time. It's already become the one goal this time around that I'm having the hardest time keeping up with. I'm not sure how to keep you all updated that I'm actually doing it, since this is meant to be a personal no-sharing type of journal, but I guess I'll just check in and confirm it's still going on every so often? Maybe share some excerpts if they're shareable.

Other than writing, I'm into crafting-type stuff, mainly knitting and cross stitch. It's that time of year where I spend pretty much all my free time making Christmas gifts! I also play piano a bit, but not really that much anymore, I just like to fiddle around on my keyboard every now and then. My mom has been asking me for years to record myself playing "Over the Rainbow" ever since I once made her cry during a recital, so I think that'll be part of her Christmas gift this year. I guess that means I have to start seriously practicing again.

I love seeing what everyone's been working on so far!

• Like 1