• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Joining late! Love this group, and the concept of it =) Exactly what I need right now.. something to help encourage me to stay in the creative zone :) I don't have any pictures at this moment, but can post some later.. Oh. I'm a writer, have a love for scrap booking, photographer,  and taking a swing at this drawing thing.

• Like 3

fec6a7e3f9bedaddd0e7ae07c27f9542.jpg

My project for the mewbie spartans that just completed the Boston fenway spartan.

The difficulty? Getting them to tale a frontal face selfie like this!

f5fa63113a3c29ff81dea25c32618b97.jpg

I only have this week to work on it. ..and the helmet is trademarked, so I'm copying it...and i will do the ones that provide me with selfies! (I thought I got photos, but people, including me, tilt thier heads!)

I will show progress. ..in acrylic on canvas boards.

• Like 3

Look! It's mini me XD Yeah~ isn't that brilliant but itsssssss a chibi drawing done after a whole decade (figuratively speaking)

885684c6e00d970ad286111872199ad9.jpg

This message was convincingly brought to you by,"my imaginative brain", co-produced by "my nimble but bulbous fingers".

• Like 3

I think week 2 isn't going to be so great for me.  I was in a car accident a few days ago and while I'm mostly ok, I got told to lie low and just rest (and take drugs) for a few days, so I'm not going to be able to fulfill my assignments for week 2.  Week 3 might end up being a bit of a challenge as well.

I think week 2 isn't going to be so great for me. I was in a car accident a few days ago and while I'm mostly ok, I got told to lie low and just rest (and take drugs) for a few days, so I'm not going to be able to fulfill my assignments for week 2. Week 3 might end up being a bit of a challenge as well.

Eh-eh-yo. Don't you worry, bud! You rest up good while letting your imaginative juices flow to maximum drive, yeah?

Do your thang~ when you at a 100%

Don't stress yourself~ after all, you need the energy to "reboot" yourself

This message was convincingly brought to you by,"my imaginative brain", co-produced by "my nimble but bulbous fingers".

• Like 1

I think week 2 isn't going to be so great for me.  I was in a car accident a few days ago and while I'm mostly ok, I got told to lie low and just rest (and take drugs) for a few days, so I'm not going to be able to fulfill my assignments for week 2.  Week 3 might end up being a bit of a challenge as well.

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that. Take the time to rest up and let yourself heal fully, THEN worry about the challenge.

• Like 1

Here's some pictures I drew this week and last. I originally felt like drawing palm trees but discovered they were much harder than I thought. So I changed to birds and was pleasantly surprised that they actually look like birds! The first two are from online tutorials and the last one is a yellow wagtail that I just copied out of a bird book I was given a child. 

hmmm... I don't seem to be able to post a picture and can't work out how to put pictures in my gallery as the Gallery tab doesn't have any options to do so...

ah-hah!! worked it out :)

post-5197-0-12271300-1416784220_thumb.jp

• Like 4

I think week 2 isn't going to be so great for me. I was in a car accident a few days ago and while I'm mostly ok, I got told to lie low and just rest (and take drugs) for a few days, so I'm not going to be able to fulfill my assignments for week 2. Week 3 might end up being a bit of a challenge as well.

Yeah you get better! I recently had a pinched nerve that was so bad I was losing my left arm strength and couldn't lay in any position. It took 5-6 weeks to heal. Hopefully you'll mend much faster!

"A friend told me I was delusional. I nearly fell off my unicorn."

• Like 1

Made some progress on the laptop case as part of my challenge! I'm a bit tied up with a writing project at the moment, but I should be able to finish this by the end of this challenge :) At the very worst, I'll have to devote the entirety of weeks 4 to 6 to painting!

Have a picture!

B3LCSOgCEAEsgtp.jpg

• Like 4

My current state of mind.

oil

Spring 2013

I think. I am not pulling it off the wall to look.

YOOOOOOOOOO. THIS. IS. PUHREEETYYYYY. AWESOMEEEEE.

I mean, pretty amazing~ I mean~ I can't describe it properly.

• Like 1

Dantilla - I hope you are fine...and car accidents are one of the things that give you a pass...just stay here, don't give up on posting...keep doing your food, water or some sort of level up that will help you heal.

As an Ambassador to the level 1s(though I've taken this challenge off) - I want you to know that you are still leveling up.

The point of nerdfitness is to grow no matter what.  What can you do to help yourself heal?

Lie low and heal.

at some point, you may have PT - and at that point, you will need the support to continue...

Our bodies are our own sacred places - and what works to care for that temple for one does not work for another.

Do no focus on what assignments you can or cannot do - focus on what your new challenge is.

In week three, you should re-evaluate your goals anyway, and update those that were too over the top and upGRADE those that were really just skating along.

There is no requirements to be part of this group - so, hold on...and we'll hold you as you heal.

gentle hugs!

Here's some pictures I drew this week and last. I originally felt like drawing palm trees but discovered they were much harder than I thought. So I changed to birds and was pleasantly surprised that they actually look like birds! The first two are from online tutorials and the last one is a yellow wagtail that I just copied out of a bird book I was given a child. 

hmmm... I don't seem to be able to post a picture and can't work out how to put pictures in my gallery as the Gallery tab doesn't have any options to do so...

ah-hah!! worked it out :)

attachicon.gifBirds.jpg

I, too, tried to paint some palmtrees - I was experimenting with my tablet art program - they looked so stupid I won't show the thing to anyone!  I want to learn a little bit about the digital art program so that when I'm out, I can paint without the mess - but, first, I need to finish what I've started.

I thought maybe it was because I didn't grow up around palm trees, and therefore, I do not know them like pines and deciduous...does that make sense to you?

The birds are GREAT!

Made some progress on the laptop case as part of my challenge! I'm a bit tied up with a writing project at the moment, but I should be able to finish this by the end of this challenge :) At the very worst, I'll have to devote the entirety of weeks 4 to 6 to painting!

Have a picture!

B3LCSOgCEAEsgtp.jpg

I am so in awe of your perfect lines.  I mean, I know they are not perfect like a computer printed diagram - but to me, they are perfect! such fine line work!  I love watching this grow!

oil

Spring 2013

This is beautiful...but, looks sad...does this mean you are struggling right now?

I'm so glad to have you all joining me in this journey!

Hey musicians...do you have anything to report?

Writers...just tell us what you are doing...ok?

Later today, I will post my progress on the Spartan gifts - I need to draw then paint each person's eyes, nose and mouth - and, I've never painted portraits...

I have a 'how to' book by my side...

And I have gotten 6 of the 8 photos to start going.

I, too, tried to paint some palmtrees - I was experimenting with my tablet art program - they looked so stupid I won't show the thing to anyone! I want to learn a little bit about the digital art program so that when I'm out, I can paint without the mess - but, first, I need to finish what I've started.

I thought maybe it was because I didn't grow up around palm trees, and therefore, I do not know them like pines and deciduous...does that make sense to you?

The birds are GREAT!

I am so in awe of your perfect lines. I mean, I know they are not perfect like a computer printed diagram - but to me, they are perfect! such fine line work! I love watching this grow!

This is beautiful...but, looks sad...does this mean you are struggling right now?

I'm so glad to have you all joining me in this journey!

Hey musicians...do you have anything to report?

Writers...just tell us what you are doing...ok?

Later today, I will post my progress on the Spartan gifts - I need to draw then paint each person's eyes, nose and mouth - and, I've never painted portraits...

I have a 'how to' book by my side...

And I have gotten 6 of the 8 photos to start going.

Oh yes. I haven't had a day off from crying my eyes out in about 3 months. I managed to lose an entire family, my rcia group, my brand new faith community and friends because my sponsor (who I thought I would be with for the rest of my life, and who I thought I would be marrying) decided to dump me by text and tell me a bunch of very pretty lies.....for my own good of course.

So....my nf dreams got derailed for a while and I have been creatively crippled. And grieving hard.

Oh yes. I haven't had a day off from crying my eyes out in about 3 months. I managed to lose an entire family, my rcia group, my brand new faith community and friends because my sponsor (who I thought I would be with for the rest of my life, and who I thought I would be marrying) decided to dump me by text and tell me a bunch of very pretty lies.....for my own good of course.

So....my nf dreams got derailed for a while and I have been creatively crippled. And grieving hard.

Hey! I am sorry, friend~ I wish I could hug you but I hope you accept virtual hugs just as much?

And as for your whole story, maybe that person wasn't meant for you and maybe he wasn't of your league? but! I am very sure that you'll find someone even better someday! I promise that everything will work out for you and all will look up in no time! Just give yourself some space to grow? Heal and look for the brighter things in life!

You'll find happiness and happiness will chase you around very soon as well!

Stay strong, my friend.

Have a picture!

B3LCSOgCEAEsgtp.jpg

This is so impressive! It looks like very meticulous work. I am in awe.

• Like 1

oil

Spring 2013

I'm so sorry to hear about everything you're going through. This is absolutely beautiful, though. I have a quote saved somewhere that I can't find now about how being an artist means getting to use all of those painful moments to make something beautiful (well, it was specifically about being a writer, but it applies to all mediums). I hope you will be able to heal and find happiness soon, and I hope that your art and creativity can help you.

I've been keeping up with my daily journal, but have barely worked on any of my long-term projects this week. I've been having the hardest time making myself sit down and write something. I have been practicing on my keyboard almost every day, and today I bought supplies to paint a Hawkeye-inspired mug for my friend's Christmas present (don't worry, I'll post pictures when it's done), so hopefully getting creative craft-wise will flow over into getting creative words-wise.

• Like 1

Anyone have constructive feedback on this piece? I am painting it now in watercolor.

Drat my picture won't upload from my phone. A samsung galaxy s3. Anyone have this problem?

I managed to lead a rehearsal last night, mostly sitting.  It helped that it was at my house.  Tonight I'm planning to go to church choir rehearsal.  I think I will be needing my husband to drive me.  I didn't take any muscle relaxers today, but I still feel really unbalanced.  I think I might try to do some practice before that.  We'll see what comes out. :positive:

Oh honey....that totally sucks in such a horrible way!

I'm not sure if this is true, but i think artists FEEL pains more intensely than non artists...because our creativity depends on us wearing or hays on our sleeves, and being empathic, as well as open to the emotions of life because we live in that realm.

This time of year, so many people hurt. ..and for the sensitive types. ..we tend to hurt more, and add such crap as you have recently ensured, my heart breaks for you!

But your art is gorgeous.

As for photos. ..i add them from my Samsung through tapatalk.

And, there are many here at nf that deal with depression in various forms.