• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hey everyone - I'm going to be going silent for a while...while I'm gone, I elect Cn3wton as the boss of this little thing - because it's his fault that I did this.

I don't know when I'll be back - but keep this up, and I'll rejoin when I'm able!

I HAVE THE POWER!!!!

Lol. Hope to see you back soon!

• Like 2

Did some sketches this week for some costumes I want to start working on (501st and rebel legion). Not quite ready to show yet. I think this next week I'm going to work on some story telling projects I have.

Story 1: I have to tell a story that has a moral (like tortoise and the hare) although I can use morals from already written stories, It must be my own story

Story 2: bringing history to life: I have to come up with some story of a person or persons that can bring history to life!

• Like 1

I made a few more nerdmas ornaments, worked on my drawing assignment (drew some leaves) and worked on my assemblage sculpturing homework. That reminds me i need to add those to my class sketchbook....   The last day for that class is next Monday. It's been a great learning experience but I'll be glad to be done with it tho, lol.

Did some sketches this week for some costumes I want to start working on (501st and rebel legion). Not quite ready to show yet. I think this next week I'm going to work on some story telling projects I have.

I want to get back to some of my costumes as well. Gotta find my project where I left off last May... hadn't touched it since :(   was meaning to but went on to other things.

OH and I also FINALLY finished my Mass Effect Inspired Christmas card :D It's weeks late, but I guess better late than never. 

• Like 1

Well, this is awful.

I've made absolutely no progress on the laptop case this week - my brush bristles are all over the place, effectively rendering it useless for the task. Until I can get a new brush, my laptop case project will be at a standstill :/

I finished my sculpting/ceramics course this Monday and I made and A for the semester!  I will have to post pictures of a few finished glazed pieces :)  Learned a lot from that class, and I learned a lot about myself. But alas, I am exhausted. My creativity and my brain needs a good refreshing rest.

I got a new brush! It struck me that a nearby hobby store selling modelling kits and paints should have paintbrushes too, and when I went there to check it out, they had the perfect brush :D Since my writing project is also done, I had quite a bit of time over the last two days, and this is the result. Three more days to finish it!

B5BzLWbCcAEZ_KL.jpg

• Like 2

All the stuff you guys post in here is great! I would love it if you did this again next challenge, I'd love to join.

You can join whenever, no need to wait to share things until next challenge.

If christartist isn't back before the start of the next challenge I will post one and keep it going.

• Like 2

Finished painting on the designs for the laptop case today! All that's left to do tomorrow is a second coat of paint for the sections I did today, the letters in the centre, and design setting (ironing over the fabric paint when it's dry so it stays even when washed). All in time for the challenge! :D

Pictures up tomorrow or so! I never thought painting was this exhausting (I'm usually in the writing end of things, having given up on painting after being told I had no talent with paintbrushes), but I suppose one full week of painting two hours per day (four yesterday, six today) naturally does that to people. :D

Update: I HAVE FINISHED THE LAPTOP CASE!

Six weeks of painting, twenty-three hours in this week alone, two brushes (three if you count one of the lousy ones that splayed even though I didn't do anything with it), and one full bottle of fabric paint later, the laptop case is complete! Thank you guys for helping me stay on track, and for all the encouragement :D

Have a picture! Have two!

B5YB-HUCQAAxefV.jpg

B5YB9AhCMAA0QK0.jpg

• Like 4

I used to do computer based circuit board layout. This is really impressive.

Thank you! :D

bananasheena

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your laptop case.  I really enjoyed seeing your progress and the finished project is amazing!

Thank you! It's been great fun working on it :D

If I wasn't broke, I would ask you to make me one.

Aww you flatter me! Thank you! :)

Trying to think of ideas of how to upcycle few things (old ereader, old Nintendo DSs, and old GameCube). Anyone have any ideas?

Easiest way to upcycle the ones with screens would be to turn them into photo frames or mirrors, I guess? I haven't done it myself, but best guess would be to take out the screen(s) and replace it with a mirror, or two sheets of clear plastic/glass for photo frames.

As for the GameCube, the boxy shape would make a really good organiser or tabletop candy tray, something like this.

large.jpg

See if you can empty out the electronics, then seal up the little hole left where the disk player was with a dish/piece of plastic inside. If you can obtain/make a box that can fit inside and move in and out decently well, then you might be able to work a drawer in there so you have two compartments (one drawer, and one where the disk used to go). It'd make for a pretty interesting organiser!

All the best! I hope you find something soon :)

• Like 1

Update: I HAVE FINISHED THE LAPTOP CASE!

Six weeks of painting, twenty-three hours in this week alone, two brushes (three if you count one of the lousy ones that splayed even though I didn't do anything with it), and one full bottle of fabric paint later, the laptop case is complete! Thank you guys for helping me stay on track, and for all the encouragement :D

Have a picture! Have two!

Very impressive work! And thank you for sharing, it's been fun watching you progress through it :)

• Like 1

438d1ea2075163d4359b65717f5394af.jpg

9142cdb2b02751e3ab4da17c964a7353.jpg

47f392d2a5b2a92ca7c0b71ca6d677e3.jpg

941a1214b91cfa2801a0754e2fcd0233.jpg

OH! I AM VERY PROUD OF THESE ;-;

This message was convincingly brought to you by,"my imaginative brain", co-produced by "my nimble but bulbous fingers".

• Like 1