• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Aquamom

JK_Mom teachers her sons the basics!

AH! It spotted you!

Don't worry about it. I know your back still needs time to heal. We've got 4.7 miles on the second round for the mini now. I just added 0.9 to it, as I just came back from another dog walk. It's been helping me make that more of a priority, like I wanted to.

Ew, burnt popcorn smells awful!

Wow!!  I cannot believe it was *that* long since I posted.  Things have been busy busy busy - especially at work, and then with the holiday and all.  And trying to figure out my anxiety.

Just wanted to hop on and say "I'm alive!"

Jeff - thanks for checking!  Healing is going well!

I hit a new PR on leg presses on Monday 315 lbs!  I did 275 lbs at 15 reps, then 315 for 15 and final set was 315 for 10.  I felt like a beast!  I because I've been crazy about taking my aminos and getting protein, there really wasn't too much soreness.

This morning I was able to get to the weight room and (finally!) check out the StrongLifts apps - which I really like!  I can't wait for more workouts!  

The thing that's hard for my about NF (and gets my anxiety goings) is that when I've belong to boards in the past and things get busy and I haven't posted in a while, I get embarrassed and people have gotten mad at me then I tend to avoid it.  I DO NOT  want that to happen here!  I want to continue with this community and be a success.  I just feel so much pressure to keep up every day and then I feel bad if I miss a day or two and then my anxiety and irrationality kicks in and makes everything worse.  Ok.  I needed to say that.  Anyway, if you don't see me on the Boards, please shoot me a PM!  Something supportive helps.  (I really don't like asking for help!)

Anyway - yeah, back to busy busy busy work. . . 

Hey, don't feel bad about that. What we care about here is supporting you as you continue to level up your life in real life; in order to do that, you need to step away from the computer. I can guarantee people will not get upset about your "lack of activity" on the boards when life gets crazy. 

Oh, and you ARE a beast. Great numbers! :) Hope your back is feeling better too.

• Like 1

Wow, people got mad at you for not posting?!? Bizarre. We just want the best for folks and to support them. Sometimes life is lived away from a WiFi connection. I know, that's blasphemy these days.

If you're busy, you're busy. There are those near you that are more important and deserve your time and attention more than the folks on the NF forums.

315 on the leg press? Nice! PR's are fun aren't they? Keep up the good work and I hope the back keeps healing.

So, that was officially my first NF 6-week challenge fail. . . . 

fail.jpg

Oh well, my trainer tells me that failure is part of the game - and so does Steve, right?

The only part of the challenge I manage to succeed at was finishing Birchy's biography.  Yay - 3 wisdom points.  Actually, I find that very fitting because despite not really being in on the NF challenge stuff, I learned a lot these 6 weeks.  I learned that I love lifting.  (Ok, I re-learned that.).  I would like to thank jstanlick for introducing me to the Stronglifts app to which I am now addicted.  I've learned that I really need to make-up my epic quest list.  I've learned that I'm much happier when I'm lifting.  I've learned that I love NF because don't get mad when you don't post.  I've also learned, that I think I want an accountabilibuddy who I can contact in both RL and on the boards.  So yeah.  

Here's to my 3 Wisdom points!

• Like 2

So, that was officially my first NF 6-week challenge fail. . . . 

The only part of the challenge I manage to succeed at was finishing Birchy's biography.  Yay - 3 wisdom points.  Actually, I find that very fitting because despite not really being in on the NF challenge stuff, I learned a lot these 6 weeks.  I learned that I love lifting.  (Ok, I re-learned that.).  I would like to thank jstanlick for introducing me to the Stronglifts app to which I am now addicted.  I've learned that I really need to make-up my epic quest list.  I've learned that I'm much happier when I'm lifting.  I've learned that I love NF because don't get mad when you don't post.  I've also learned, that I think I want an accountabilibuddy who I can contact in both RL and on the boards.  So yeah.  

Here's to my 3 Wisdom points!

If you learned all that, then you didn't fail. If you don't do anything with that knowledge to move forward and not repeat the errors of the past, only then is it a complete failure.

Stronglifts is AWESOME! It's so stupid easy to use and see your progress with some instant feedback. I think that's what makes it addictive. You instantly know if your progressing or stuck. Plus, its lifting. YAY!!!