• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

PachaTisai

Pacha Tisai -- Assassinating all the things!!

FINALLY!!  Challenge 2!!  Also, my first as an assassin, which has me grinning ear to ear!

Long Term Quest:  This hasn't changed.  I want to fit in size 34's by the end of the year.  I'm almost there.  Hopefully, this challenge will help me get there.

Side Quest 1:  I like to move it, move it

Strength training seems to come pretty easy, but I need to mix in some cardio as well.  So, I'm channeling my inner lemur, and I'm going to move it, move it 5x each week.  This is in addition to my strength training.  It can be a walk, a jog, rowing machine, whatever.  But 30 minutes of cardio 5x a week.

+1 STA +1 CON

A: 30x over the challenge

B: 25x

C: 20x  

Side Quest 2: Its not easy being green

I feel like I've got the veggie thing pretty well down.  I eat A LOT of veggies.  Problem is, I don't think I'm mixing in enough leafy greens, and I think its having an effect on my body.  So, to help facilitate eating greens, I will eat a salad at least 3x every week.

+1 CON

A: 18 Salads

B: 15 Salads

C: 12 Salads

Side Quest 3:  ALL THE PULLUPS!

(Ok, so I couldn't come up with a song that fit this, so here's a dancing Groot because GROOT!!)

dancing-groot.gif?w=650

By the end of the challenge, I want to do a pull up.  Not an assisted one.  A real one.  All on my own.  No help.  So, to do that, I will do pull ups with every strength training day.  That's 3x every week.  BOOM!

+1 STR  +1 STA

A: 18 pull up days

B: 15

C: 12

Side Quest 4:  Sort of...

I'm not going to assign stats to this, since if all goes well, I will get one from the mini-quests.  Also, not going to grade this, since its really pass/fail.  I need to make a concerted effort to stay engaged with the Assassin Mini-Quests this go round.  This is my first one here, and I want to make as many friends as I can, and in order to do that, I need to keep putting myself out there. So, yeah.  I guess be social is where I'm going with this.

So, that's it.  I'm going to put my Battle Log on hiatus during the challenge, and do all my posting here.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!

• Like 11

I like your "making friends" goal. LUCKILY FOR YOU, the assassins are a gregarious and friendly bunch... and from what I've seen already so are you! welcome!

• Like 2

I like your "making friends" goal. LUCKILY FOR YOU, the assassins are a gregarious and friendly bunch... and from what I've seen already so are you! welcome!

Can never have too many friends, especially when trying to do the difficult, amiright?

So, here's today's workout.  Phil continues to try to kill me.  I've come to realize that I didn't hire a personal trainer, I hired a torturer in a wind suit...

Overhead Press:  5/10/65lbs

Sumo Deadlift: 5/12/45

Pullups: 5/10/assisted

Box Jumps: 5/10

Man Makers:  5/10/20

Ropes w/ Burpees: 3/40

Man makers suck...I just want to go on the record with that.  Oh, and my form was much better than the guy in the video.  I didn't have to heave my whole body up like that to lift the weights.  I curled them up into a press.  Of course, he's doing heavier weights, but I really think if you can't do a controlled movement and have to contort your body like that, maybe you should be using lighter weights.  Just a thought.

Anyway....now, I get to sit on my tush all day and be a coding monkey.

Code-Monkey.png

I'll post later after my walk.  Last nice day of the week.  Highs in the low 30's the rest of the week...

isnns.jpg

Oh, and is it just me, or is this the worst time of year to try to get healthy AND work in an office.  At least three co-workers have baked goods on their desks, and another two have big tubs of candy leftover from halloween that they're trying to get rid of.  DO THEY NOT KNOW THAT CRAP IS KILLING THEM???  *deep breath*

At least I have you guys!

• Like 3

Side Quest 4:  Sort of...

I'm not going to assign stats to this, since if all goes well, I will get one from the mini-quests.  Also, not going to grade this, since its really pass/fail.  I need to make a concerted effort to stay engaged with the Assassin Mini-Quests this go round.  This is my first one here, and I want to make as many friends as I can, and in order to do that, I need to keep putting myself out there. So, yeah.  I guess be social is where I'm going with this.

All the social!! Love it, you can totally power through this challenge and all the temptations that go with office work. I's got faith ;)

• Like 1

I swear, if one more person asks me if I want a cookie, I'm bringing in cauliflower tomorrow and hounding everyone.  

"Here, would you like a vegetable?"

"You look like you need a veggie."

"Its just one veggie, it won't kill you."

GRRRRR....

*pulls his all black assassin hood over his head and slinks into the shadows*

Ok...Monday rant over

• Like 9

Bring one of those almond butter cups into work tomorrow and savor it. And then don't share! (much like you do over skype..)

But really, that's mean of em. They know how hard you've been working on getting fit too! 

giphy.gif

You know what though? I'm so proud of you for being able to resist the sweets when they are right there out in the open and at times being pushed at you.

• Like 4

I swear, if one more person asks me if I want a cookie, I'm bringing in cauliflower tomorrow and hounding everyone.  

GRRRRR....

Ok...Monday rant over

That is the best idea EVAHHHH... bring a veggie tray in and leave it on your desk. Then when anyone stops by to offer something, offer a veggie first ;). I bet that would stop them in their tracks pretty quickly. :D

• Like 1

OK, I just looked up what an "Almond Butter Cup" is and that seems like a super scary thing to have on hand.  I think I want to make them, and then put them in an impenetrable box, and then put the box in a safe that only opens for like 10 seconds every week and is only big enough for me to put my hand in and pull out one.  But super delicious.  Want some.

Totally awful to have piles of candy lying around.  At the game session I'm going to tonight, they always leave a giant box of candy out in the open.  Plus bags of chips and salsa... cookies... last week someone brought in fried chicken bites....

Stupid gamers!!!!  

Those man makers look excellent!!!

• Like 1

The key to the almond butter cup is sugar free dark chocolate...I know...I know.  Sounds awful.  But, there is a place here in STL where they make all their own candy/chocolate.  The ingredients are pure, and the chocolate is amazing.  Its a little bitter (because no sugar), but in the grand scheme of things, its worth it.  One every couple of days isn't a bad thing.  Plus, the antioxidants in the chocolate are a good thing.  

Just have to make sure you don't eat the entire batch in one sitting :)

I found after the first challenge, that I might have been too restrictive in my diet.  I felt great, but I started to have "binge" feelings.  So, I made my own snacks, and worked them into my week.  Some have been successes (aforementioned almond butter cups), some, not so much (paleo ice cream...blagh).

So, since the ice cream recipe I tried (using coconut milk from the Paleomg author's cookbook) turned out to be inedible, I'm looking for a good, healthy alternative.  Any suggestions are welcome!

• Like 4

Nice! Sounds like you have everything prepared for another successful challenge, I'm sure having your own healthy treats helps resisting your evil colleagues!

Also, your goals are AWESOME!!! :D

ANOTHER AMAZING CHALLENGE WITH PACHA !!! JUST SO HAPPY AND MOTIVATED !!

tumblr_inline_mk8zttclfi1qz4rgp.gif

Are you paleo? If so, these snacks probably won't work for you. If you aren't, watch this video. She even makes ice cream in the middle!

I'm about 80% Paleo because BEER, but, I find I need something. Not necessarily unhealthy, but something to break it up and keep the EAT EVERYTHING monster at bay. Thanks for the vid, I'll check it out.
  • Like 1

Awesome to see your next challenge, friend and fellow assassin! Sub'd of course.

Looking forward to reading your updates because GROOT and BEER and also WINCHESTERS

64ue71O.gif

Sneaking in here to monitor as a fellow CoC player.  Hopefully... my warrior-ness will go unnoticed in these Assassin parts.

I'm about 80% Paleo because BEER, but, I find I need something. Not necessarily unhealthy, but something to break it up and keep the EAT EVERYTHING monster at bay. Thanks for the vid, I'll check it out.

Oh man... I love beer.  It's so good. 

• Like 1

Are you paleo? If so, these snacks probably won't work for you. If you aren't, watch this video. She even makes ice cream in the middle!

Oh I'll have to look at this!

Freeze bananas. Blend bananas. Eat with a little chocolate syrup or topping of choice. Enjoy the ice cream amazingness that isn't really ice cream.

Seriously, so good.

Subbing of course, and cheering for you!

• Like 2

So, apparently, the question of "how many high knees can you do in 30 minutes without dying" is currently 80.

So, took a nice walk last night, and then did my high knees for the Assassin mini that's going on.  

Dinner was left over meatloaf, and it was good, but it didn't reheat all that well.  Was kinda dry.  I think I may have used too lean of beef...next time, going 80-20.

On a sad note, last night a buddy of mine and I popped the top on a bottle of Coffee Abraxas.  For the un-initiated, its an amazing beer, when fresh.  This was from last year, and the first year the brewery produced it.  When they sold it last year, they advertised it as an "aging" beer, meaning it will get better over time.  They were wrong.  We ended up having to dump the entire bomber because it was undrinkable.  I shed a little tear....

Today is an active rest day.  I'll do my walk and my high-knees, but that's it.

And, to any veterans who might be reading this.  Thank you.  Happy Veteran's Day.

• Like 3

On a sad note, last night a buddy of mine and I popped the top on a bottle of Coffee Abraxas.  For the un-initiated, its an amazing beer, when fresh.  This was from last year, and the first year the brewery produced it.  When they sold it last year, they advertised it as an "aging" beer, meaning it will get better over time.  They were wrong.  We ended up having to dump the entire bomber because it was undrinkable.  I shed a little tear....

That's crazy.  Something must have been wrong with the cork or something.  Any stout should be able to last a year without much decline at all, if not significant improvement, especially a barrel aged Imperial Stout.  The extra alcohol should allow it to age wonderfully for at least a few years.  That sucks that yours went bad.  I've heard really good things about Perennial Artisan. 

• Like 1

Meatloaf made with ground turkey and an egg or two, plus all the regular ingredients, comes out fluffy , moist, and reheats well. We almost rarely make beef meatloaf now, and if I do I end up making my own coarse toasted breadcrumbs to give it a little better lift and texture.

Sorry about the beer!

- Sent from my magic Navi-powered device!

• Like 2

That's crazy.  Something must have been wrong with the cork or something.  Any stout should be able to last a year without much decline at all, if not significant improvement, especially a barrel aged Imperial Stout.  The extra alcohol should allow it to age wonderfully for at least a few years.  That sucks that yours went bad.  I've heard really good things about Perennial Artisan. 

Perennial is amazing.  It seems, from conversations that I've had with some brewers, that it may be the coffee they used.  This year's Coffee Abraxas has a note on it that says "Due to the delicate nature of the coffee we use, please store cold and enjoy within 60 days."

GRRRRR....

Ok...Monday rant over

I can relate to this in a whole lot of ways (oh by the way.. I found you!! here to cheer you on!) it's a good thing that if I try I can impersonate resting bitch face and then they leave me alone.. the last challenge helped me perfect it!

Nice! Sounds like you have everything prepared for another successful challenge, I'm sure having your own healthy treats helps resisting your evil colleagues!

Also, your goals are AWESOME!!! :D

ANOTHER AMAZING CHALLENGE WITH PACHA !!! JUST SO HAPPY AND MOTIVATED !!

tumblr_inline_mk8zttclfi1qz4rgp.gif

Your enthusiasm is delightful!! just thought I would say it!

• Like 2

So, apparently, the question of "how many high knees can you do in 30 minutes without dying" is currently 80.

So, took a nice walk last night, and then did my high knees for the Assassin mini that's going on.  

Dinner was left over meatloaf, and it was good, but it didn't reheat all that well.  Was kinda dry.  I think I may have used too lean of beef...next time, going 80-20.

Today is an active rest day.  I'll do my walk and my high-knees, but that's it.

And, to any veterans who might be reading this.  Thank you.  Happy Veteran's Day.

Pacha... you need to work on your skillz!!! ;) ;) Either that or I'm just in much better shape than I actually "think" I am? Whatever, ignore me... GOOD JOB on the mini and such!! All the boo about the beer :'(. Tomorrow, you will conquer the world!