• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

PachaTisai

Pacha Tisai -- Assassinating all the things!!

Ooh, that must have hurt. Safety first though, I'm sure she will remember to leave enough space between her and other people working out.

You are killing it Pacha! Amazing!

Aaaand, today is Monday :D Have an awesome week 3!!

New milestones today!!  YAY!!

And, one potentially badly injured lady...

tumblr_n8ed9x7NPf1qzf5lyo1_500.gif

Well...maybe a little...

First, the milestones:

Overhead Press: 4/10/85

Deadlift: 4/10/150 (MILESTONE!!)

Pullups: 4/10/assisted

Wall Curls: 4/10/40

Mountain Climbers: 4/30

Bosu Ball Burpees: 4/10

One leg Situps: 4/10

Plank Knee Twist: 4/20

Now, for the bad.  While doing my burpees, in an area at least 15 sql ft with NO ONE AROUND ME, a lady decides to walk directly behind me.  And I didn't realize it.  

34e2dca5f6967bad622a8e8f4409fa0f04329b4c

Yup...kicked her right in the ankles.  At first, I thought Phil had dropped a sandbag on my back, and then I realized it was a human.  I helped her up, and apologized for not seeing her, and she starts screaming at me.  Phil looked her dead in the eye and told her it was her fault.  She asked for the director, and Phil smiled (he is...).  Needless to say, I feel like crap, but at the same time, there was a ton of room she could have walked around me to avoid this happening.  Situational awareness people.  It will save your ankles from getting horse kicked...

*le sigh*

Anyway, this is going to be the longest Monday EVER!!  Adelrune is at the airport right now, and will be travelling all day to get to Baseball Heaven.  

9 hours, 41 minutes and counting...

Hahaha I am sorry I know you didn't mean it, but that is the best thing I have real aaaalll morning. If she didn't see you doing burpees then she needs to open her eyes!! I always take a super wide berth around people doing workouts in gyms, because you really don't know if they are going to change and do some other move that will take a different space or direction than I can predict. I like my ankles the way they are!!!

I'm sure she is probably feeling pretty foolish! and good for your trainer for sticking up for you!

• Like 1

Hahaha I am sorry I know you didn't mean it, but that is the best thing I have real aaaalll morning. If she didn't see you doing burpees then she needs to open her eyes!! I always take a super wide berth around people doing workouts in gyms, because you really don't know if they are going to change and do some other move that will take a different space or direction than I can predict. I like my ankles the way they are!!!

I'm sure she is probably feeling pretty foolish! and good for your trainer for sticking up for you!

I feel bad for not seeing her, but really, it is her fault.  Its a big area, and there was literally no one but Phil and I in it.  Not sure why she had to walk in the 6 feet that we were occupying, when there was plenty of room to not get kicked.

• Like 4

I'm with Nikki... this almost made me bust out laughing at my desk. I can't understand people that do that type of thing but at least she didn't get seriously hurt. I wouldn't feel too badly about it tho because she wasn't paying attention and give you a wide berth. It's pretty obvious when someone is standing in the middle of the floor that their going to be doing something with a lot of movement.

Also... eight hours or w/e it is will fly by :D...

• Like 1

I feel bad for not seeing her, but really, it is her fault.  Its a big area, and there was literally no one but Phil and I in it.  Not sure why she had to walk in the 6 feet that we were occupying, when there was plenty of room to not get kicked.

AAAMMMEEENNNN!!!!

Don't feel bad, I mean I know my guilt would be enormous if she cried and was like oops I'm sorry, my bad, but the fact that she screamed at you for her mistake makes me just laugh at her stupidity!

Besides, if you did hurt her doing it (sorry) then you are doing those burpees just right!! you powerhouse, you!

• Like 1

I knew it, gyms are dangerous places :D

But seriously, totally her fault! You just don't mess with a man doing burpees. Never mind scream at him after.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Apparently she didn't realize I'm the guy who breaks medicine balls!!

Today is a sort of rest day.  Adelrune got into town safe and sound last night (YAY!), however, apparently my town is burning.  I'll stay away from my opinions on the subject, but as you have no doubt seen (at least if you're in the US), there is a bit of news coming out of St. Louis today...

So, prayers  and thoughts are requested.  We are far enough away (20 minutes) that I don't think we have anything to worry about, but you never know.  

So, with everything going on here, I'll try not to be as invisible as I had previously planned.  Don't need you guys worrying too much.

• Like 9

This is scary! We had similar outbursts all over France in 2005, though a lot less dangerous because (sorry if that sounds like a political statement) guns are not allowed in France. Whatever the political opinions, it's in these moments that you realise how much peace and stability are fragile, but also how precious they are!

I'll be thinking of you (and the poor firemen).

Enjoy your time with Adelrune :)

• Like 1

Today is a sort of rest day.  Adelrune got into town safe and sound last night (YAY!), however, apparently my town is burning.  I'll stay away from my opinions on the subject, but as you have no doubt seen (at least if you're in the US), there is a bit of news coming out of St. Louis today...

So, prayers  and thoughts are requested.  We are far enough away (20 minutes) that I don't think we have anything to worry about, but you never know.  

So, with everything going on here, I'll try not to be as invisible as I had previously planned.  Don't need you guys worrying too much.

All I'll say is stay safe and enjoy your time with Adelrune...

• Like 2

be safe please!

I know this is a hot topic so we won't go into it, but we can at least pray for your safety and the safety of others.

also it's big all over North America, as a Canadian, I have seen the articles, it has made my news and there is huge controversy here about it too.

• Like 1

I'm sorry, but your burpee story was so funny I had to tell my husband. Which led into a great conversation about the ways the two of us have almost killed people at the gym. My most recent was someone who walked in front of me mid-50lb kettle bell swing. I was able to step back and change the swing to the side, but that dude almost got his head knocked off. I'm not sure what he thought I was going to do bent over a KB in that position, not looking up yet. My gym is stupid tiny at work, and there is practically no good working area, so unfortunately this happens more frequently than it should. My husband had someone try to walk through the cable machine mid-crossover yesterday. He is more vocal than me, so I told the dude to go around, a little less politely.

Be safe, although I imagine if you stay to yourself you should be relatively safe. I'll definitely be sending thoughts your way. You have the best company possible, and I'm sure you can find something to do to pass the time ;)

• Like 1

That's one reason I really love one gym location and avoid most of the weight sections at the other gym.  I love the big, open one where I can see almost everyone and everything going on!   

And ... be safe, my friend!!!  You expect this in California (sorry, guys), but not Missouri.

• Like 2

I didnt hear about the unrest until a mom at a play group mentioned it last week. We dont have tv/cable, or listen to news radio shows, or read newspapers, or scan the web for news. Honestly about the only thing I do read is Good News Network these days. Makes me a lot more positive person!

Great job on the personal bests and keeping up with your workouts!

Week 4!

- Sent from my magic Navi-powered device!

Well, the civil unrest was actually a lot better than I thought it would be.  Only one REALLY bad night...

But last week....well, not the best diet week.

Q1:  Cardio  -- A    I managed to get in at least 30 minutes of cardio every day.  It was a mix of walking, playing, and....things

Q2:  Greens -- C   We ate out WAY too much over the past week.  I think I only had two salads last week, and they were at the beginning of the week.  I ate other veggies, but the goal is salads...

Q3:   Pullups -- A  Worked on pullups every day.  Granted, it was always at the gym, but I still got them in.

Unfortunately, Adelrune leaves tomorrow night, so my mental health is a little low at the moment.  BUT, I'm headed out there the day after Christmas, so its not like its going to be months.  But still....

Oh, and since I didn't post it, here's my workout from yesterday:

Squats: 5/5/135

Pullups: 4/10/Assisted

Wall-balls: 4/12/25

Skis: 4/:30 seconds

Wall Planks: 4/:30 seconds

Kettlebell Lunges: 4/12/35

Kettlebell Swings: 4/12/35

Leg lifts: 4/12

And Phil told me that my workout tomorrow is going to be light, because he plans on killing me on Friday.  Said our "warmup" will be deadlifts, 5/5/155...

• Like 3

Alright, time to rededicate myself.  I've been doing well, but I kinda slacked on the diet while Adelrune was here.  SO...today is the day that I return my focus back to the challenge.  Hit it harder at the gym, and be more cognizant of what I'm eating.  It is WAY too easy to get back in the habit of eating out...

So...focus....

tumblr_lz7859ah7c1qemny5o5_500.gif

Take a deep breath...

Loki-Exhale.gif

And get back to work

• Like 7

Man, what a weekend.  Not in the "worked real hard" kinda way, but in the "relaxed and just had fun while missing Adelrune" kinda way.

Saturday one of my best friends came over, and we drank amazing craft beer and played Call of Duty.  Can't help but get addicted to that game, but I'm not sure I like the person I am when I play it.  There is a massive amount of swearing...

Sunday, played some Final Fantasy and then FINALLY gave in and started playing Inquisition.  OMG!  The graphics are amazing.  Didn't get very far because of dishes and laundry, but still...I started.

All in all, it was a good food weekend.  Made a vat of paleo chili (this is essentially really meaty, spicy spaghetti sauce, lol) and ate it for several meals.  Didn't get meal planning done, but I need to get back to that.  Its so hard to smoke meat in the winter, because DAMN IT GOT COLD.  But, I think I can easily adjust my meals for the crock pot.

Today's workout:

Squats: 4/8/160

Ropes: 4/0:30 Seconds

Kettlebell Swings: 4/12/35

Rope pulls: 4/Phil (Trainer Phil held on to one side of the rope, while I "tug of war" style pulled him across the room)

Burpees: 4/10

Medicine Ball Tosses: 4/10/20 (seated with feet elevated)

Breakfast included my pre and post shakes, two scrambled eggs, and two pieces of bacon.

Lunch is going to be a grilled chicken salad.

Dinner will be the last of the chili.

• Like 7