• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ba'sini'on

Heroes and Warriors in Training

Welcome All Who Enter Here

The 6-week challenge is upon us again, are you ready?

knight_fighting_a_dragon_by_chevsy-d74uu

Although the time of knights and dragons is over, until we turn on the consoles and PC :) , we still battle against our own personal demons, dragons, monsters, and sin.

This group is dedicated to keeping God first, and helping each other battle those forces of evil. After all, "Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working." (James 5:16) Just because we are soldiers under God's command doesn't mean we are to do it alone.

With Thanksgiving, Christmas and the New Year coming around the corner our goals, whatever they may be, will be tested.

1. You can sign up at the link, in the Cross Guilds section.

2. Put your goals up

3. I'll put your name down as a member! :D That easy!

I'll put up daily devotions, and it's not mandatory but discussions about it are encouraged. Also a prayer list will be put up to, everyday. But the prayers don't have to have specifics, they can be simple and brief.

New Members please read

The devotions I'm using is not only online, but on the Youversion Bible app. So if you can't get on Nerd Fitness you can just pull it up on your phone!

Members:

LostOne1775

BlamedCat

Randa Rooskie

Feowyn

TheMormonRebel

Edited by LostOne1775

Today's Devotions:

Fellowship in the Gospel
11/10/2014
November 10, 2014

…fellow laborer in the gospel of Christ… —1 Thessalonians 3:2

After sanctification, it is difficult to state what your purpose in life is, because God has moved you into His purpose through the Holy Spirit. He is using you now for His purposes throughout the world as He used His Son for the purpose of our salvation. If you seek great things for yourself, thinking, “God has called me for this and for that,†you barricade God from using you. As long as you maintain your own personal interests and ambitions, you cannot be completely aligned or identified with God’s interests. This can only be accomplished by giving up all of your personal plans once and for all, and by allowing God to take you directly into His purpose for the world. Your understanding of your ways must also be surrendered, because they are now the ways of the Lord.

I must learn that the purpose of my life belongs to God, not me. God is using me from His great personal perspective, and all He asks of me is that I trust Him. I should never say, “Lord, this causes me such heartache.†To talk that way makes me a stumbling block. When I stop telling God what I want, He can freely work His will in me without any hindrance. He can crush me, exalt me, or do anything else He chooses. He simply asks me to have absolute faith in Him and His goodness. Self-pity is of the devil, and if I wallow in it I cannot be used by God for His purpose in the world. Doing this creates for me my own cozy “world within the world,†and God will not be allowed to move me from it because of my fear of being “frost-bitten.â€

This fits our first day at the NF challenge to me. :)

The Supreme Climb

11/11/2014
November 11, 2014

He said, "Take now your son…" —Genesis 22:2

God’s command is, “Take now,†not later. It is incredible how we debate! We know something is right, but we try to find excuses for not doing it immediately. If we are to climb to the height God reveals, it can never be done later— it must be done now. And the sacrifice must be worked through our will before we actually perform it.

“So Abraham rose early in the morning…and went to the place of which God had told him†(Genesis 22:3). Oh, the wonderful simplicity of Abraham! When God spoke, he did not “confer with flesh and blood†(Galatians 1:16). Beware when you want to “confer with flesh and blood†or even your own thoughts, insights, or understandings— anything that is not based on your personal relationship with God. These are all things that compete with and hinder obedience to God.

Abraham did not choose what the sacrifice would be. Always guard against self-chosen service for God. Self-sacrifice may be a disease that impairs your service. If God has made your cup sweet, drink it with grace; or even if He has made it bitter, drink it in communion with Him. If the providential will of God means a hard and difficult time for you, go through it. But never decide the place of your own martyrdom, as if to say, “I will only go to there, but no farther.†God chose the test for Abraham, and Abraham neither delayed nor protested, but steadily obeyed. If you are not living in touch with God, it is easy to blame Him or pass judgment on Him. You must go through the trial before you have any right to pronounce a verdict, because by going through the trial you learn to know God better. God is working in us to reach His highest goals until His purpose and our purpose become one.

Rooskie, reporting for duty!  This is only my second challenge and I've never been in an accountability group before, so I guess you could call me Randa Rookie instead...

Here is the link to my current challenge.  My goal is to cut down the hypocrisy that I've allowed to fester these past few months by focusing on living intentionally.

1. Wake before 6 every morning (and STAY UP!)

2. YAYOG - keep up with the weekly routines

3. Guiltless eating - Taking "eat and drink to the glory of God" literally!

Life Goal: Earning patches with my two sons for wilderness survival skills.

(We're also doing this Dinovember thing.)

On another note, I just went to the Marine Corps Birthday celebration this past weekend with my boys!  My husband was an infantry officer stationed over in Camp Lejeune.  Talk about motivation, and right at the start of our six week challenge, too!

• Like 3

Welcome and I'm so glad to have you :D

I'm doing a fast myself with food. I've given up TV because it took my focus away from God, and the way sex is portrayed as just an act and nothing special also gave me impure thoughts. And I gave up certain foods and am only eating good foods. I have abused the blessing of having food by emotionally eating to sooth myself, and I need to go to God for help instead of relying on food.

I have to say it's really freeing lol.

Awesome motivation, tell your husband thank you for serving and defending this country. And may God bless you and your family greatly.

• Like 2

The Changed Life

11/12/2014
November 12, 2014

If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. —2 Corinthians 5:17

What understanding do you have of the salvation of your soul? The work of salvation means that in your real life things are dramatically changed. You no longer look at things in the same way. Your desires are new and the old things have lost their power to attract you. One of the tests for determining if the work of salvation in your life is genuine is— has God changed the things that really matter to you? If you still yearn for the old things, it is absurd to talk about being born from above— you are deceiving yourself. If you are born again, the Spirit of God makes the change very evident in your real life and thought. And when a crisis comes, you are the most amazed person on earth at the wonderful difference there is in you. There is no possibility of imagining that you did it. It is this complete and amazing change that is the very evidence that you are saved.

What difference has my salvation and sanctification made? For instance, can I stand in the light of 1 Corinthians 13 , or do I squirm and evade the issue? True salvation, worked out in me by the Holy Spirit, frees me completely. And as long as I “walk in the light as He is in the light†(1 John 1:7), God sees nothing to rebuke because His life is working itself into every detailed part of my being, not on the conscious level, but even deeper than my consciousness.

I'd like to join you here. I'm not really sure of a specific goal right now, one thing I'm struggling with is getting wrapped up in my day to day tasks, being more Martha than Mary. I'd like to change that.

• Like 1

I'd like to join you here. I'm not really sure of a specific goal right now, one thing I'm struggling with is getting wrapped up in my day to day tasks, being more Martha than Mary. I'd like to change that.

Hi, Feowyn!  I love the quote in your signature.  Being a mom, I know it's easy to get wrapped up in the mundane.  Trying to keep our eyes on eternity while we're keeping house isn't always easy.  I hope we can encourage you to stay the course and keep the Main Thing the main thing in your life!

• Like 1

My brother is visiting from Seattle and we always have the best conversations about faith.  He told me today he's been pondering over how people will spend all their time trying to battle sin like it is a thing we can remove, rather than something that is part of our flesh.  Instead of focusing on sin, I think we'd do better to keep our eyes on the Savior.  Instead of trying to "escape" sin, maybe we should spend more time filling ourselves with His truth.

He explained it better than I can, but I liked the thought of dealing with sin by drowning it with truth and thought I'd share it.

• Like 1

Welcome and I'm glad to have you! It's tough to let God take control of EVERYTHING, but it's worth it. I'll pray for you. And think of Ruth when you're struggling. She followed God with reckless abandonment, and so did Mary. God asked them to follow Him and they didn't question they jumped up and did it.

My brother is visiting from Seattle and we always have the best conversations about faith.  He told me today he's been pondering over how people will spend all their time trying to battle sin like it is a thing we can remove, rather than something that is part of our flesh.  Instead of focusing on sin, I think we'd do better to keep our eyes on the Savior.  Instead of trying to "escape" sin, maybe we should spend more time filling ourselves with His truth.

He explained it better than I can, but I liked the thought of dealing with sin by drowning it with truth and thought I'd share it.

I agree! That's why we are to study the word and hide it in our hearts. And talk to God about our day, feelings, problems, and everything. He's our Heavenly Father and He wants to hear from us and how we're doing. That's His truth :) And the examples in the Bible of temptation and how Jesus combatted Satan with scripture and His truth is something we should take to heart.

The Bible study I posted today is a good example, "Walk in the light as He is in the light." - 1 John 1:7

• Like 1

"We should battle through our moods, feelings, and emotions into absolute devotion to the Lord Jesus. We must break out of our own little world of experience into abandoned devotion to Him."

I am really guilty of this :( It's really hard to let God take over and devote everything to Him. As a woman emotions, feelings, and mood swings are just engrained into me. To gain control over it, that will take time.

So what does everyone think of the devotions? And any prayer requests?

"We should battle through our moods, feelings, and emotions into absolute devotion to the Lord Jesus. We must break out of our own little world of experience into abandoned devotion to Him."

I am really guilty of this :( It's really hard to let God take over and devote everything to Him. As a woman emotions, feelings, and mood swings are just engrained into me. To gain control over it, that will take time.

So what does everyone think of the devotions? And any prayer requests?

Yesterday I lost that battle.  My morning started well, but I lost some little fights and ended up giving most of the rest of the day away and indulging in food and laziness.  I don't want to give up my days any more.  At least I tell myself that, but my flesh would love to continue in it.  It's Romans 7 all over, "What I am doing, I do not understand.  For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do."  There is no reason for it except unfaithfulness, since God is stronger and greater than anything in this world that could come against me or tempt me.

God forgives, and in me is not a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.  This is a new day and I'm a new creation.

Prayer Request: That I would see sin as God does and stand fast.

Thank you for your prayers!

• Like 3

Discovering Divine Design

11/14/2014
November 14, 2014

As for me, being on the way, the Lord led me… —Genesis 24:27

We should be so one with God that we don’t need to ask continually for guidance. Sanctification means that we are made the children of God. A child’s life is normally obedient, until he chooses disobedience. But as soon as he chooses to disobey, an inherent inner conflict is produced. On the spiritual level, inner conflict is the warning of the Spirit of God. When He warns us in this way, we must stop at once and be renewed in the spirit of our mind to discern God’s will (see Romans 12:2). If we are born again by the Spirit of God, our devotion to Him is hindered, or even stopped, by continually asking Him to guide us here and there. “…the Lord led me…†and on looking back we see the presence of an amazing design. If we are born of God we will see His guiding hand and give Him the credit.

We can all see God in exceptional things, but it requires the growth of spiritual discipline to see God in every detail. Never believe that the so-called random events of life are anything less than God’s appointed order. Be ready to discover His divine designs anywhere and everywhere.

Beware of being obsessed with consistency to your own convictions instead of being devoted to God. If you are a saint and say, “I will never do this or that,†in all probability this will be exactly what God will require of you. There was never a more inconsistent being on this earth than our Lord, but He was never inconsistent with His Father. The important consistency in a saint is not to a principle but to the divine life. It is the divine life that continually makes more and more discoveries about the divine mind. It is easier to be an excessive fanatic than it is to be consistently faithful, because God causes an amazing humbling of our religious conceit when we are faithful to Him.

Yesterday I lost that battle.  My morning started well, but I lost some little fights and ended up giving most of the rest of the day away and indulging in food and laziness.  I don't want to give up my days any more.  At least I tell myself that, but my flesh would love to continue in it.  It's Romans 7 all over, "What I am doing, I do not understand.  For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do."  There is no reason for it except unfaithfulness, since God is stronger and greater than anything in this world that could come against me or tempt me.

God forgives, and in me is not a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.  This is a new day and I'm a new creation.

Prayer Request: That I would see sin as God does and stand fast.

Thank you for your prayers!

We will be praying :) And I know what it's like, being lazy is my family's motto so it's tough to get up and accomplish things since I just want to watch TV and eat junk food.

I noticed I didn't post yesterday's devotion, I thought I did but I guess I didn't.

Faith or Experience?
11/13/2014
November 13, 2014

…the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. —Galatians 2:20

We should battle through our moods, feelings, and emotions into absolute devotion to the Lord Jesus. We must break out of our own little world of experience into abandoned devotion to Him. Think who the New Testament says Jesus Christ is, and then think of the despicable meagerness of the miserable faith we exhibit by saying, “I haven’t had this experience or that experienceâ€! Think what faith in Jesus Christ claims and provides— He can present us faultless before the throne of God, inexpressibly pure, absolutely righteous, and profoundly justified. Stand in absolute adoring faith “in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God— and righteousness and sanctification and redemption…†(1 Corinthians 1:30). How dare we talk of making a sacrifice for the Son of God! We are saved from hell and total destruction, and then we talk about making sacrifices!

We must continually focus and firmly place our faith in Jesus Christ— not a “prayer meeting†Jesus Christ, or a “book†Jesus Christ, but the New Testament Jesus Christ, who is God Incarnate, and who ought to strike us dead at His feet. Our faith must be in the One from whom our salvation springs. Jesus Christ wants our absolute, unrestrained devotion to Himself. We can never experience Jesus Christ, or selfishly bind Him in the confines of our own hearts. Our faith must be built on strong determined confidence in Him.

It is because of our trusting in experience that we see the steadfast impatience of the Holy Spirit against unbelief. All of our fears are sinful, and we create our own fears by refusing to nourish ourselves in our faith. How can anyone who is identified with Jesus Christ suffer from doubt or fear! Our lives should be an absolute hymn of praise resulting from perfect, irrepressible, triumphant belief.

Prayer Request: That my intended and I keep God as our focus and continue strong in our promise to Him, that we will abstain from being physical and keep our romance God's way.  

Beware of being obsessed with consistency to your own convictions instead of being devoted to God... It is easier to be an excessive fanatic than it is to be consistently faithful, because God causes an amazing humbling of our religious conceit when we are faithful to Him.

Oh!  This is so true!  We're all just like pharisees some times, wanting a list of dos and don'ts to live by!  God is so much more interesting than that, though!  And it all comes down to our heart and motives!

I was in a long engagement with plenty of opportunities for temptation.  The thing is, once you cross one line physically, you don't go back, you tend to keep pushing the line farther and farther.  God's given you everything you need to fight temptation.  I'll be praying for you.

• Like 1

I was in a long engagement with plenty of opportunities for temptation.  The thing is, once you cross one line physically, you don't go back, you tend to keep pushing the line farther and farther.  God's given you everything you need to fight temptation.  I'll be praying for you.

We're not engaged yet, I haven't even met him yet :redface: . We met online and we've talked through text and Skype a lot, but I know God wants him for me. And he's coming the week of Thanksgiving to meet my parents and me of course. We're courting you see so we want to wait till our wedding to even kiss. How long was your engagement?

“What Is That to You?â€
11/15/2014
November 15, 2014

Peter…said to Jesus, "But Lord, what about this man?" Jesus said to him, "…what is that to you? You follow Me." —John 21:21-22

One of the hardest lessons to learn comes from our stubborn refusal to refrain from interfering in other people’s lives. It takes a long time to realize the danger of being an amateur providence, that is, interfering with God’s plan for others. You see someone suffering and say, “He will not suffer, and I will make sure that he doesn’t.†You put your hand right in front of God’s permissive will to stop it, and then God says, “What is that to you?†Is there stagnation in your spiritual life? Don’t allow it to continue, but get into God’s presence and find out the reason for it. You will possibly find it is because you have been interfering in the life of another— proposing things you had no right to propose, or advising when you had no right to advise. When you do have to give advice to another person, God will advise through you with the direct understanding of His Spirit. Your part is to maintain the right relationship with God so that His discernment can come through you continually for the purpose of blessing someone else.

Most of us live only within the level of consciousness— consciously serving and consciously devoted to God. This shows immaturity and the fact that we’re not yet living the real Christian life. Maturity is produced in the life of a child of God on the unconscious level, until we become so totally surrendered to God that we are not even aware of being used by Him. When we are consciously aware of being used as broken bread and poured-out wine, we have yet another level to reach— a level where all awareness of ourselves and of what God is doing through us is completely eliminated. A saint is never consciously a saint— a saint is consciously dependent on God

Eesh this is something I need to work on.

My race is today, send prayers please!

• Like 1

Still Human!

11/16/2014
November 16, 2014

…whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. —1 Corinthians 10:31

In the Scriptures, the great miracle of the incarnation slips into the ordinary life of a child; the great miracle of the transfiguration fades into the demon-possessed valley below; the glory of the resurrection descends into a breakfast on the seashore. This is not an anticlimax, but a great revelation of God.

We have a tendency to look for wonder in our experience, and we mistake heroic actions for real heroes. It’s one thing to go through a crisis grandly, yet quite another to go through every day glorifying God when there is no witness, no limelight, and no one paying even the remotest attention to us. If we are not looking for halos, we at least want something that will make people say, “What a wonderful man of prayer he is!†or, “What a great woman of devotion she is!†If you are properly devoted to the Lord Jesus, you have reached the lofty height where no one would ever notice you personally. All that is noticed is the power of God coming through you all the time.

We want to be able to say, “Oh, I have had a wonderful call from God!†But to do even the most humbling tasks to the glory of God takes the Almighty God Incarnate working in us. To be utterly unnoticeable requires God’s Spirit in us making us absolutely humanly His. The true test of a saint’s life is not successfulness but faithfulness on the human level of life. We tend to set up success in Christian work as our purpose, but our purpose should be to display the glory of God in human life, to live a life “hidden with Christ in God†in our everyday human conditions (Colossians 3:3). Our human relationships are the very conditions in which the ideal life of God should be exhibited

Sorry for the delay guys, my sister took the laptop. I want my PC back!

And yes I survived!!

• Like 1

Congratulations on the race, Miss. Survivor!

And thanks for posting these devotionals.  Are they from Oswald Chambers?  Some seem familiar to me, though I've not read through the whole thing without skipping a day or two here and there.  He has a way of making great truths very simple while still retaining the beauty of that truth!

I've had, "Hosanna" stuck in my head for the past few days and I wasn't really 100% sure what that word meant... so I looked it up.  This is a great article on it by John Piper.  I really like how he shows that the meaning changed.  "Save me!  Hooray for salvation, it is here!"  Our salvation is here!

Week two of this challenge, here we come!

• Like 2

Congratulations on the race, Miss. Survivor!

And thanks for posting these devotionals.  Are they from Oswald Chambers?  Some seem familiar to me, though I've not read through the whole thing without skipping a day or two here and there.  He has a way of making great truths very simple while still retaining the beauty of that truth!

I've had, "Hosanna" stuck in my head for the past few days and I wasn't really 100% sure what that word meant... so I looked it up.  This is a great article on it by John Piper.  I really like how he shows that the meaning changed.  "Save me!  Hooray for salvation, it is here!"  Our salvation is here!

Week two of this challenge, here we come!

Yep, they are from My Utmost for His Highest :)  Good stuff and I am guilty of the same thing lol.

Thanks for the link! Oooooh that's awesome!  AMEN :D  Thank you SO much for sharing.

I love this part: "Let's make it our praise and our confidence. The Son of David has come. He has saved us from guilt and fear and hopelessness. Salvation! Salvation belongs to our God and to the Son! Hosanna! Hosanna in the highest!"

• Like 2

I get silly excited when I read stuff like that!  I just LOVE how it's the whole gospel picture going from our desperation for a Savior to an immediate answer from God that He is coming!  He is here!  I find it easy to remember in times of great trials.  Now if I could only live it out in the mundane of my daily life with my children!

The God we serve is true and just and good!  Rejoice in this day and every day!  And STAND FAST, fellow Nerd Rebels!

• Like 2

I get silly excited when I read stuff like that!  I just LOVE how it's the whole gospel picture going from our desperation for a Savior to an immediate answer from God that He is coming!  He is here!  I find it easy to remember in times of great trials.  Now if I could only live it out in the mundane of my daily life with my children!

The God we serve is true and just and good!  Rejoice in this day and every day!  And STAND FAST, fellow Nerd Rebels!

Ooo, I'm gonna find it, another utmost devo that hit on mundane days!!!  It was a one-two punch for me last week.  let me get it for ya...

http://utmost.org/taking-the-next-step/

Taking the Next Step

2 Corinthians 6:4 - Rather, as servants of God we commend ourselves in every way: in great endurance; in troubles, hardships and distresses;

When you have no vision from God, no enthusiasm left in your life, and no one watching and encouraging you, it requires the grace of Almighty God to take the next step in your devotion to Him, in the reading and studying of His Word, in your family life, or in your duty to Him. It takes much more of the grace of God, and a much greater awareness of drawing upon Him, to take that next step, than it does to preach the gospel.

Every Christian must experience the essence of the incarnation by bringing the next step down into flesh-and-blood reality and by working it out with his hands. We lose interest and give up when we have no vision, no encouragement, and no improvement, but only experience our everyday life with its trivial tasks. The thing that really testifies for God and for the people of God in the long run is steady perseverance, even when the work cannot be seen by others. And the only way to live an undefeated life is to live looking to God. Ask God to keep the eyes of your spirit open to the risen Christ, and it will be impossible for drudgery to discourage you. Never allow yourself to think that some tasks are beneath your dignity or too insignificant for you to do, and remind yourself of the example of Christ inJohn 13:1-17.

• Like 2

The Eternal Goal

11/17/2014
November 17, 2014

By Myself I have sworn, says the Lord, because you have done this thing…I will bless you… —Genesis 22:16-17

Abraham, at this point, has reached where he is in touch with the very nature of God. He now understands the reality of God.

My goal is God Himself…

At any cost, dear Lord, by any road.

“At any cost…by any road†means submitting to God’s way of bringing us to the goal.

There is no possibility of questioning God when He speaks, if He speaks to His own nature in me. Prompt obedience is the only result. When Jesus says, “Come,†I simply come; when He says, “Let go,†I let go; when He says, “Trust God in this matter,†I trust. This work of obedience is the evidence that the nature of God is in me.

God’s revelation of Himself to me is influenced by my character, not by God’s character.

’Tis because I am ordinary,

Thy ways so often look ordinary to me.

It is through the discipline of obedience that I get to the place where Abraham was and I see who God is. God will never be real to me until I come face to face with Him in Jesus Christ. Then I will know and can boldly proclaim, “In all the world, my God, there is none but Thee, there is none but Thee.â€

The promises of God are of no value to us until, through obedience, we come to understand the nature of God. We may read some things in the Bible every day for a year and they may mean nothing to us. Then, because we have been obedient to God in some small detail, we suddenly see what God means and His nature is instantly opened up to us. “All the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen…†(2 Corinthians 1:20). Our “Yes†must be born of obedience; when by obedience we ratify a promise of God by saying, “Amen,†or, “So be it.†That promise becomes ours.

Thanks for the link! I've always wondered what that word meant and now, I really have a respect for the song.

• Like 2

Ooo, I'm gonna find it, another utmost devo that hit on mundane days!!!  It was a one-two punch for me last week.  let me get it for ya...

http://utmost.org/taking-the-next-step/

Taking the Next Step

2 Corinthians 6:4 - Rather, as servants of God we commend ourselves in every way: in great endurance; in troubles, hardships and distresses;

When you have no vision from God, no enthusiasm left in your life, and no one watching and encouraging you, it requires the grace of Almighty God to take the next step in your devotion to Him, in the reading and studying of His Word, in your family life, or in your duty to Him. It takes much more of the grace of God, and a much greater awareness of drawing upon Him, to take that next step, than it does to preach the gospel.

Every Christian must experience the essence of the incarnation by bringing the next step down into flesh-and-blood reality and by working it out with his hands. We lose interest and give up when we have no vision, no encouragement, and no improvement, but only experience our everyday life with its trivial tasks. The thing that really testifies for God and for the people of God in the long run is steady perseverance, even when the work cannot be seen by others. And the only way to live an undefeated life is to live looking to God. Ask God to keep the eyes of your spirit open to the risen Christ, and it will be impossible for drudgery to discourage you. Never allow yourself to think that some tasks are beneath your dignity or too insignificant for you to do, and remind yourself of the example of Christ inJohn 13:1-17.

Yes!  I have a little mass-quantity print style paper back of this book!  That page is highlighted like crazy!  haha.  And this also fits in with the devotional you posted, Lost.  Obedience in everything, even the little things, which flows from our love for Him.

Thanks, both of you, for all the encouragement.

• Like 2