• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ba'sini'on

Heroes and Warriors in Training

This is it, folks.  The end of the challenge.  I have enjoyed sharing with all of you over the past few weeks and look forward to seeing you around on the boards in future challenges!  I think I am not leveling up for this one.  Things came up and I'm not satisfied that I've met all my goals.  However, I know that I made a big leap in the right direction and am excited to continue pressing on!  I believe I'll be hanging out with the Druids next go-round.

Let me know how your challenges ended!  And have a wonderful Christmas!

f4dae09f161002d9f04d8ffe14e7645a.jpg

• Like 1

It has been a pleasure!  Please make sure to update your old thread with the new link to your next challenge so we can keep in touch.  I've really appreciated the fellowship :)

• Like 1

It has been a pleasure!  Please make sure to update your old thread with the new link to your next challenge so we can keep in touch.  I've really appreciated the fellowship :)

Oh that's such a GOOD idea!  Ha, I never thought of that!  Alright, when the next challenges come up I'll have to put an update.  Thanks, BlamedCat!  See you in the future  new year!

• Like 1

I'd like to join you here. I'm not really sure of a specific goal right now, one thing I'm struggling with is getting wrapped up in my day to day tasks, being more Martha than Mary. I'd like to change that.

I too am working on being more "present".  To be mindful of what is going on.

“My Rainbow in the Cloudâ€

12/06/2014
December 6, 2014

I set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth. —Genesis 9:13

It is the will of God that human beings should get into a right-standing relationship with Him, and His covenants are designed for this purpose. Why doesn’t God save me? He has accomplished and provided for my salvation, but I have not yet entered into a relationship with Him. Why doesn’t God do everything we ask? He has done it. The point is— will I step into that covenant relationship? All the great blessings of God are finished and complete, but they are not mine until I enter into a relationship with Him on the basis of His covenant.

Waiting for God to act is fleshly unbelief. It means that I have no faith in Him. I wait for Him to do something in me so I may trust in that. But God won’t do it, because that is not the basis of the God-and-man relationship. Man must go beyond the physical body and feelings in his covenant with God, just as God goes beyond Himself in reaching out with His covenant to man. It is a question of faith in God— a very rare thing. We only have faith in our feelings. I don’t believe God until He puts something tangible in my hand, so that I know I have it. Then I say, “Now I believe.†There is no faith exhibited in that. God says, “Look to Me, and be saved…†(Isaiah 45:22).

When I have really transacted business with God on the basis of His covenant, letting everything else go, there is no sense of personal achievement— no human ingredient in it at all. Instead, there is a complete overwhelming sense of being brought into union with God, and my life is transformed and radiates peace and joy.

Thanks to this devotional I want to work harder.

Prayers please, I'm really depressed today.

I know I am a little late to this but I will keep you in my prayers.  Depression is serious.

Thanks for the postie today, gal :)

Yeah, things are okay on my front for now, but everytime I think that something crops up.  It shouldn't be a stressful time of year, but it is.

As for my challenge, it's not, cause I didn't have one this time lol.  As for wars I'm fighting, I'm trying to get back to eating healthier, but i keep hitting roadblocks.  Been pretty solid about having eggs for breakfast this past week, so that's been a bonus and a praise.  However, me, my wife, and one of her sister's is gearing up to attempt a Whole 30 with me starting after the holidays.  In some ways, attempting a Whole 30 alone is easier than trying to cook for the whole family that way.  Since both of Joy's (my wife) sister's live with us, that makes it even more difficult.  Thus far, there's only one adult in the house that's not on-board with this attempt and that has me concerned.  She's 27 but has the mentality of a 17 year old, so she's picky with food and such.  I think we're just going to have to plan for the rest of the family and leave the invitation open if she wants to give it a go and let her eat her own way.  I'll have to remind the kids of that somehow 3 & 7 might be a bit difficult...  Anyway, that's my struggle right now.  Oh that and getting back in the gym, ever since we were displaced for two weeks, we haven't been back to the gym and before that we were going regularly... I did go over a week ago and almost injured myself doing squats so I had to wait a week to heal up... yay for setbacks.

Anyway, to keep this from turning into a novel, thanks for listening and I'm gonna go do a devo before work picks up here.

thank you for sharing. My family is doing soda fast this year and at 9, 7, 5, 3, and 1 ... I am not sure how much they get it.

but we plant seeds and give a good example, and let the Holy Spirit do the rest.

• Like 1

It is really great to find like minded people on the forum.  I would be honored to be in your group.

Quest 1: run 6k twice a week. that makes 12 times during the challenge.  this is slightly longer than the race length and will give me the stamina to dominate.

Measurement: A = 11 days, B = 9 days, C = 7 days

Reward: A = +4 STA , B = +3 STA, C = +1 STA

Quest 2: do a bodyweight workout 3 times a week.  These will come from NF or other sources and be planned out a week ahead.  This will allow me to assist others over/through obstacles without getting tired.

Measurement: A = 16 WODs, B = 13 WODs, C = 10 WODs

Reward: A = +4 STR, B = +3 STR, C = +1 STR

Quest 3: Row 1 day a week for 8-10k.  I love rowing and I have a rowing machine at work.  I just don't make the time.  With this I develop power, cardio, full body control.  All good things to help when the race gets tough.  because it is one thing to run 5k, it is another to do an OR.

Measurement: A = 5 days; B = 4 days, C = 3 days

Reward: A = +3  CON, B = +2 CON, C = +1 CON

Life Quest: Keep "A" average in classes.  I am currently in a doctoral program.  I earned two "A"s last semester and am taking two classes this semester.  I really want to push myself to get two more "A"s as a good example for my children.

Measurement: A = this is pretty self explanatory    :), B = B average, C = C average 

Reward: A = +4 WIS, B = +3 WIS, C = +1 WIS

Motivation:  My children and others look up to me.  I am a leader and I need to level up to continue to meet the challenge.  Setting a good example and setting myself up for success.  I don't want to be on the sidelines, I want to lead from the front. 

• Like 1

Motivation:  My children and others look up to me.  I am a leader and I need to level up to continue to meet the challenge.  Setting a good example and setting myself up for success.  I don't want to be on the sidelines, I want to lead from the front. 

Yes!  Yes to all of that!  Currently I've swapped over to join the CutLasses on their accountabilibuddy adventures, but I still check in on the others from this thread.  We had a great group last challenge!  Not sure if anyone else is still checking in on things over here...?