I hope this is the right place to post this:

I am MissLyssa.

I want to be Super Mom  :)

Super Mom, to me, is a mom that can take care of the usual business (kids, work, house, etc) and still take care of herself adequately.

I do pretty well at the Super Mom business, but I need some improvement. I have decided that I am not yet ready for a 6 week challenge, but I am ready for small changes.

I had a baby 3 months ago and have a 4 year old as well.

My main goal for the moment is to get down to 160 pounds by April. That's about 2 pounds down per week as I currently weigh about 197. This number is not set in stone though since I would rather weight 150 pound and be strong then to weigh 130 and have no muscle.

My plan in short:

Paleo for breakfast and lunch. Dinner is not always my choice, so I can be lenient here.

Beginner Body Weight Workout: Monday, Wednesday, Friday

Intervals: Tuesday and Thursday

I will use this thread to keep track of my progress. If anyone has advice etc, it'd be appreciated.

THANKS!

~MissLyssa

~MissLyssa aka SuperMOM

Here's is my beginning weight. I think I may weigh once a week.

Measurements will have to come soon since I do not have a measuring tape yet.

I did interval training today. I learned a couple things. I probably shouldn't do the whole workout barefoot yet as it hurts my leg and I suck more than I thought I did. That's ok though. I can only get better :)

Someone from the chat sent me this link: http://m.runnersworld.com/running-tips/four-ways-stop-dreaded-side-stitch?page=single

Thought I'd save that for future reference.

post-33659-0-58467900-1415731063_thumb.j

~MissLyssa aka SuperMOM

You know, it's funny the things you think about when you're stuck in traffic.

I was sitting behind some sort of accident on the highway and I couldn't help but think about "that scene" in every "apocalypse" movie where there's a highway of abondoned cars where everyone grabbed their kids and ran for their lives. Then I think, "Shit, could I do that? I mean, how long could I run carrying my kids? How long could I run NOT carrying my kids? How would I SAVE THEM!?!?!?!?!" Ok, so every mother's fear....right???

I want to be able to run and run and run....and jump over some stuff...and run...and climb something.....and run.......and fight some zombies....and run........

At this rate, I think I could run like .5 mile....throw up.....see the zombies about to get me.....run again....then lock myself in my house until they eventually get in and eat me.

Yeah, I need to work on that endurance stuff huh?  :)

~MissLyssa aka SuperMOM

AND: here's a post I THOUGHT I posted, but apparently did not....

I may not be completely over the stomach flu, but I am feeling better!

I read an article from Steve today called "Ditch the Sorting Hat. Choose your own adventure!" I loved it. It reminds me a lot of my life.

I spent years trying to be what other people wanted me to be. I spent time in clubs and in college trying to fill the shoes I thought I had to fill. The reality was, "I can be what I want."

I am not positive WHAT EXACTLY I want, but I know I don't want to do something just because "I'm supposed to" or I am expected to. I spent a while preparing to become an engineer. Later I realized, I didn't want to do that. I went to beauty school and got my license because I wanted to do something different, but I don't want to do that all of the time either. Maybe I don't know exactly what I want to "be when I grow up", but that's ok. Now, I work as a Sales Rep and Mommy. I'd never trade the Mommy portion, but some day, I may not want to be sales rep. That's ok and I'm ok with it.

Guess today's workout can be a cheers to doing what feels right for me!

On a different note, I wanted to post measurements:

Body Fat according to: http://www.active.com/fitness/calculators/bodyfat is 32%.

BMI according to http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm  is 34.

Thigh: 27.5â€

Hips: 49â€

Tummy (at bellybutton): 47â€

Underbust: 38â€

Weight: 197.8

My goal for body fat would be about 20% based on this article: http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/07/02/body-fat-percentage/

That’s probably good enough of markers to keep track of. I also think I will do monthly instead of weekly measurements.

~MissLyssa aka SuperMOM

I didn't do my Beginner's Body Weight workout yesterday. WHY??? Well, the stomach flu made an appearance in my house again yesterday morning through my oldest son! WHAT IS GOING ON!? I can only assume my house is holding it somewhere....SO...I spent the entire day cleaning my house. I probably burned just as many calories doing that  :)

Getting back on track today with intervals  :)

• Like 1

~MissLyssa aka SuperMOM

I love the Beginner Body Weight Workout (which I do M,W,F)...BUT....I have having a hard time loving Tuesdays and Thursdays. Those are my HIIT days. I get that some people run and some people bike. I want to do it at home. I don't want to use a treadmill. I have been doing this routine:

but I always wonder if this is the right thing to be doing. I guess until I hit a plateau it is better than nothing. I just can't help but feel maybe there is a better option for me.
  • Like 1

~MissLyssa aka SuperMOM

It's not a bad workout, although since I'm at work I've only skimmed a minute or two of it - what don't you like about it?

It's not a bad workout, although since I'm at work I've only skimmed a minute or two of it - what don't you like about it?

Well, I don't like the burpees particularly since I have a small house, but other than that, I guess it's just because it didn't specifically come from NerdFitness or someone I know. I feel like I'm just winging it by finding a video online.....

• Like 1

~MissLyssa aka SuperMOM

You can replace burpees with something else that is equally full body - or mostly full body: jump in place.  Or do a squat jump.  The idea is to keep moving and crank your heart rate up.  Go for jump squats.  Or jumping jacks.  Or "wacky jacks" : 

Videos are great tools - they can give you ideas, show you how some exercises are supposed to look, even what not to do at times.

So, you have a video.  Do you like it?  Do you like the way you feel at the end of it?  What don't you like?  Why?  Can you change it?

Ultimately, the idea is to take the underlying concepts and use them to gauge and evaluate new material to see if it works for you. :)

• Like 1

You can replace burpees with something else that is equally full body - or mostly full body: jump in place.  Or do a squat jump.  The idea is to keep moving and crank your heart rate up.  Go for jump squats.  Or jumping jacks.  Or "wacky jacks" : 

Videos are great tools - they can give you ideas, show you how some exercises are supposed to look, even what not to do at times.

So, you have a video.  Do you like it?  Do you like the way you feel at the end of it?  What don't you like?  Why?  Can you change it?

Ultimately, the idea is to take the underlying concepts and use them to gauge and evaluate new material to see if it works for you. :)

Ha ha! The WackyJacks look great! I can get a good laugh from my kids too  :)  I think I will do those in place of the burpees. THANKS!!!

• Like 1

~MissLyssa aka SuperMOM

BBWW: 24mins48sec today

Warm up - Set 1 - 1 minute rest - Set 2 - I minute Rest - Set 3 - 1 minute Rest - stretch for 5 minutes

When I get to 20 mins, I will lower my rest 15 seconds

Accomplishment??? ha ha   I race my son every day to the doors when dropping of the baby. I always lose....except for today! Ha ha I beat a 4 year old...not sure that's an accomplishment....but fun none-the-less  :D

~MissLyssa aka SuperMOM

So, apparently there should be something for me to post every day...so here goes...

The workouts at 11am works great. As long as I put it in my calendar, it usually gets done and I happy I did it.

I have not been perfect on my eating, but much better. My scale is bipolar, but generally tells me that I've lost about 9 pounds. IDK. I haven't measured in a while so it may be time to do that soon.

I am feeling pretty bummed today. I found out I will not be getting the money I thought I was. It was going to go towards my kids' daycare and school. Fun. So, I am broke broke. It sucks. The workouts will probaby be the only thing that helps with my mood as long as I stick to them. I feel more like sleeping than anything. Damn cortisol.

Also, my doctor prescribed me Metformin for PCOS. Supposedly it'll help with the issues the PCOS gives me, but we'll see. So far it's a constant headache.

Ok, I guess I'm done complaining  :)

~MissLyssa aka SuperMOM

It's been a while since I've posted. I have been very busy. I have to schedule everything in my life. I schedule everything for my kids, when to clean what part of my house, when to shower (yes, really), and of course when to exercise. While this is stressful many times, I do normally still workout, so that's a benefit. It does; however, push back the importance of logging everything online. BUT here I am today. I am down to about 189. I was hoping it'd be less by now, but slow and steady I suppose.

I am learning that my body yearns for protein. If I don't have enough of it, it turns into a sugar craving. While doing everything for everyone else all the time, I regularly forget or "don't have time" to feed myself properly. I know "don't have time" is just an excuse, so I am working on MAKING that time. To feed myself properly in the morning, I probably only need to get up and going 15 minutes earlier. That's the hardest time for me to take care of myself since it's "get everyone up and fed and dressed so you're not late for school, daycare, and work" every day.

I also just joined a gym. It's mostly machines, so that's not my favorite, but it's cheap and it's not home. I live at home, I work at home, I work out at home....in short: I am getting sick of home.  :)

I figured a new place to workout might help me be more motivated for that cardio that I oh so despise. PLUS: My mom joined with me (company) AND it's within walking distance. They do have some free weights, so that's cool. If anything, I can do just some cardio there with some company NOT AT HOME. At least it'll get done, right?

Another thing: I joined a Mom's Workout group. I can't always go since I work full time as well as being a full time mom, but the community is nice. They also have get-togethers which is cool since I always need to meet Mom friends. So, yeah.

Anyways, that's what I've been up to lately. I will try to post more often. Hell, I guess I should schedule it  :)

~MissLyssa aka SuperMOM

Wow, been forever since I posted apparently. Life is crazy! I am now down to 165  :)

Also, a friend convinced me to try pole fitness (last April). I wasn't super excited about it since "fat girls don't pole dance". Well, I LOVE IT! It's helping me lose the weight, giving me a break from my normal life once a week, and helping to build my confidence  :)

~MissLyssa aka SuperMOM