Insaiyan is Wished Back

INSAIYAN

What's up guys?

I'm not a newcomer to Nerd Fitness. I joined up back in February under a different persona. An injury threw me seriously off track and it was hard to stick to any challenges following it. After several months away, losing weight and working out my injury in physical therapy, I am ready to return. Let's get to the challenge:

Main quest: Get down to 200lbs.

This was the weight that I was at before my fitness really started going to hell and upon reaching it, I will have lost 50lbs from my heaviest. I am about 215lbs at the moment. Once I reach 200lbs, I will reevaluate my goals.

Goal 1: Track my net calories

I have been using myfitnesspal religiously, so this should be second nature. I am primarily concerned with and will be evaluating myself on calories, but I will be mindful of my macros, particularly protein. I will allow for one cheat evening per week, but must log everything prior to going out. This will be the primary mechanism by which I lose weight.

Scoring: Percentage Score X/42 +2 CON, +2 CHA

Goal 2: Hit the gym 3x/week, with each session incorporating both a cardio and strength training phase.

For the past few weeks, I have been using the elliptical trainer for 30-40 minutes followed by an upper body workout. I haven't been cleared for squats or deadlifts yet.

The three upper body workouts consists of an upper body power day, a back and shoulders hypertrophy day, and a chest and arms hypertrophy day. By lifting, I help to preserve my existing muscle mass while in a steep caloric deficit. Percentage Score X/36. +2 STA, +3 STR

Goal 3: Get outside and walk/run at least 2x/week.

This will help with excess calories, build up some cardiovascular strength, help strengthen my knee, and mostly get me outside. I am usually cooped up in my office and have come to enjoy some light outdoor cardio.

Scoring: Percentage score X/12. + 4 STA

Life Goal: Develop better control of my anger

I know this one is hard to quantify, so I'll provide weekly examples of how I was able to quell my anger and not fly off the handle. I'm sure plenty of opportunities will present themselves. I've been utilizing a pause->breathe->think->act technique that has been working very well with road rage and dealings with my employees.

Scoring: Diffuse at least three situations per week and document them. Percentage score X/18. +2 WIS

Motivation: Overall I want to be a better looking, stronger, calmer person with more energy to accomplish the tasks that are set before me or that I set out before myself.

I'm stoked to be back in the Rebellion.

Level 2. Saiyan Warrior - Training with the Adventurers

STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 4 | WIS: 1 | CHA: 1

Powering Up Phase 1 - Shedding the Fat

Starting Weight: 250lbs | Current Weight: 215lbs | Goal Weight: 200lbs

welcome back.  Because you are a previous challenger, I can move you into a guild of your choice already (perhaps Adventurers or Rangers). You are obviously more than welcome to stay here, but if you'd like to move let me know and I will whip out my magic wand and poof you there. 

• Like 1

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Thank you, Blaidd.

Hey adventurer's. At Blaidd's suggestion, I'm doing this challenge with a guild. I did three challenges under another name, injured myself, and disappeared for a little while. Since my objectives are mostly weight loss oriented, I thought the adventurers would be just the diverse type of guild that I need.

Hello! Hoping you'll have great success this challenge!

Thanks for stopping by! May you have great success as well.

• Like 1

I'll be updating this weekly. I do my tracking elsewhere and will report results on either Sunday evening or Monday.