Faervel 17 - Battles herself

Faervel17

Hey all! Life has been kicking my butt again and causing me to give up on lots of my goals. I've had enough hospitals and illnesses and it's time to battle myself and get back on track. I will not be scoring myself this round as I beat myself up too much about the ratings and that's not my goal. Instead I will be keeping track with a spreadsheet. I will share it here weekly and will write down my successes and failure daily. I also track on myfitnesspal and fitbit so those are huge helps. 

Goal 1:

Take vitamins and supplements daily. I've been so relaxed on this and I now feel sluggish and tired all the time again. 

Goal 2:

Drink more water. Seriously, I can't seem to make this a routine to get enough water. A minimum of 6 cups of water a day and one cup of tea. 

Goal 3:

Eat healthy. I'm not going to make it harder than it needs to be but the take out ends, the junk food leaves, it's all over. Summer is long over birthdays are over I have no excuses. I need to eat healthy foods all day long. 

Goal 4:

I am adding a fourth goal because It's busy season around here. My business is busy, my husband is busy at work and kids are loaded with activities. I just didn't schedule any activities for myself so I have to move my body 3x a week. Doesn't have to be fancy, doesn't have to cost money but it does have to get my heart rate up, make me sweat or relieve the cramps of sitting. 

If anyone wants to join, we have been doing challenges on the fitbit recently that have been a good way to get moving a bit more than may have happened otherwise. Feel free to message me your username, I'll friend you and add you to the challenges. 
Also looking for friends on myfitnesspal who will help keep me accountable with my food and water intake. 

Level 2 Sprite

STR - 3.5 : DEX - 2.75 : STA - 3.5 : CON - 6.5 : WIS - 11 : CHA - 4

You are good enough NOW! 

Hello! I love your goals and I definitely need to add the vitamin/supplement one to my own list. Good luck with everything, I'll be checking in!

"Hush your fears, my boy," I said, " we will get across safe, though it is not going to be easy. No right way is easy in this rough world. We must risk our lives to save them." ~ John Muir

Miles to Mount Doom (completed so far):

33.45%
33.45%

1745.55 miles to go...

Challenge: 1,2,3,4, Current Challenge

Eating healthy (for me) is sssoo much harder then working out! I love food!!! This sounds like a great set of goals to get you going on a healthy lifestyle!

Writing it down is also a great idea!

Half Orc Ranger Lvl 3

[ STR7.5 DEX2 STA6 CON7.5 WIS6.5 CHA5 ]

Goals:

Achieve target weight: 175lbs

Starting weight: 238

Current Weight: 225

21%
21%

Current Challenge

First, how did you all get the tracker bars at the bottom?

Second, Nikki your Canadian we need to be connect! And I agree eating healthy is harder than working out but without a car for possibly weeks working out has now become harder as I don't like to do it at home. (I did get half an hour in today!)

I love the fitbit challenges. they really do push me but gently. Which is partially what I need. They remind to get up from the computer and go for a short walk, occassionally I'll run the stairs just because I can and I wasn't doing that before the challenges. I'm never #1 but one day I will be. 

pyrite_philter, can't wait to hear from you again!

• Like 1

Level 2 Sprite

You are good enough NOW! 

First, how did you all get the tracker bars at the bottom?

Second, Nikki your Canadian we need to be connect! And I agree eating healthy is harder than working out but without a car for possibly weeks working out has now become harder as I don't like to do it at home. (I did get half an hour in today!)

I love the fitbit challenges. they really do push me but gently. Which is partially what I need. They remind to get up from the computer and go for a short walk, occassionally I'll run the stairs just because I can and I wasn't doing that before the challenges. I'm never #1 but one day I will be. 

pyrite_philter, can't wait to hear from you again!

If you go to your profile and edit it, there is a button that says progress bar. (it looks like a battery bar in the options) hope that helps. 

Where you from? I'm from Alberta! 

I can't say I have a fitbit and so I don't know much about the challenges, I am looking into getting one for christmas. Is there a heart rate monitor? I know there is one on the samsung one, but I am shopping around. 

Half Orc Ranger Lvl 3

Goals:

21%
21%

Current Challenge

Perfect I will see if I can get that bar at the bottom!

I'm in Sask! So not far at all!

The new fitbit the Charge HR has a heart rate monitor. I just have the fitbit one and it doesn't but thats okay for me.

• Like 1

Level 2 Sprite

You are good enough NOW! 

Perfect I will see if I can get that bar at the bottom!

I'm in Sask! So not far at all!

The new fitbit the Charge HR has a heart rate monitor. I just have the fitbit one and it doesn't but thats okay for me.

Haha closer then I thought.

Good to know about the fitbit! Thanks!

Half Orc Ranger Lvl 3

Goals:

21%
21%

Current Challenge

It's hard to get back on track! I'm doing good on the water (for now) I know I always start strong with this and then taper off. I'm not doing so good with the eating healthy. Feels like all the fast to make foods are unhealthy. I like cheese and salad dressing and bread. I like cream of soups and other "unhealthy" things. It's saddens me. 

• Like 1

Level 2 Sprite

You are good enough NOW! 

It's hard to get back on track! I'm doing good on the water (for now) I know I always start strong with this and then taper off. I'm not doing so good with the eating healthy. Feels like all the fast to make foods are unhealthy. I like cheese and salad dressing and bread. I like cream of soups and other "unhealthy" things. It's saddens me. 

There is nothing wrong with having any of those!!! I always found that eating healthy was hard whenever I said I can't have this anymore. If I said I can have it in moderation then I was always much more successful!

Have your bread and cheese and cream soups and other unhealthy things, but have it in moderation, don't binge eat them (which is what happens when you say you CAN'T HAVE THEM!!)

If you allow yourself to enjoy these things in moderation you won't feel like you NEED them and that this whole diet idea sucks and screw it I'm going to stay fat (I have said these words many times in the past)!

Don't beat yourself up for not getting there right away. Change it hard! This whole site and challenge proves that! I am struggling to get the gym bug back, but once I start it'll come.

I have had to say to myself many times, do I want the cheeseburger? or do I want to be a Mountie and fit normal size clothes and have a cheeseburger later and not feel like I hate myself.. I have a photoshopped picture of my head on a Mountie uniform (lame I know) but it is a physical reminder why I don't want that extra slice of cake. I can have a slice of cake, but only if I had a huge salad at lunch! or I can have a nice dinner, but I have to make my lunches for the rest of the week no eating out. give and take!

and I most definitely go in waves, I am super strong, I am not doing so good, then I make a terrific come back and then I taper, but like that ocean waves, I'll be back!!

I am cheering for you!!! (sorry for my long ass post!)

Half Orc Ranger Lvl 3

Goals:

21%
21%

Current Challenge