• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

TheMadness

*Level 1* Zombie Apocalypse

Dead+Rising+2+Screenshot.jpg

Welcome to the Level 1 accountability group led by Teros. 

As much fun as this looks:

Flying solo during the Zombie Apocalypse is a really bad idea. You need people supporting you when the chips are down.

I, along with the other Adventurer Ambassadors are making accountability groups for future level 1 Adventurers.

How accountability groups work is really simple.  First you make sure you follow this thread, as well as the threads of people that join the group.  Check up on each other to create a support system.  To know how to follow people, click here:

It's a little tutorial I made that's just a couple of pictures. Super easy.

Post on here a link to your thread. I'll edit this post and put it here; that way everyone else that joins to group can easily follow you.

Each week may have a couple of questions to help you make the most out of being here on NerdFitness.  This place is the mantra: You get out what you put in. The more you are on here and supporting and encouraging others- the more you get in return which means the better chance of success in your goals.  Don't feel overwhelmed to catch up with people all the time though- just stopping by people's threads once a week makes a big difference.  I know that if I didn't have any encouragement when I first got here, I might not have stayed.  Luckily, a few people believed in me and now I have this hanging up on my wall:

20140524_125236_zpsh9bup4ho.jpg

This is a collage of all the encouraging things people have said to me over the past year.  Whenever I look at this, I feel better. I know I'll win this war in weight loss and becoming a better person.  All of you can too- you just have to stick with it.

Any questions? Feel free to ask!

This week's mini is all about being prepared.  Take a few minutes this week and really look close at your goals. Are they S.M.A.R.T.?

Specific - "I want to lose weight"  Well...how much?

Measurable - "I'm getting to the gym more" More by?

Attainable - "I'm going to lose 30 pounds" Normal weight loss is 1-2 pounds. Sucks, but the healthy way is that roughly.

Realistic - "By the end of the challenge, I want to bench press an extra 80 pounds"  Seriously?  What are the odds you'll get
injured before that happens?

Trackable - "I'm going to eat better"  What is better? Compared to when? By how much? Do you qualify rice instead of potatoes as better? Sweet potatoes better? Spinach as better?  How can you compare things if you don't have a baseline?

So post your goals here and make sure they meet S.M.A.R.T. criteria.  You don't want to leave the apocalypse up to chance...

The Survivors....

• Like 1

Okay.... I'm a little lost about the accountability group selection as there are an overwhelming list of options. I am a newbie level one... and I am still learning the ropes. I am doing good today... but I know I will need support at some point in my challenge.  Here are my S.M.A.R.T goals:

1. My specific goal is to lose 10 pounds during this 6 week challenge.

2. My goal can be measured by how many times I do my workout, my cardio and my stretches. Also be weighing myself once per week.

3. I think my goal is attainable. 10 pounds in 6 weeks is 1 to 2 pounds per week.

4. Realistic? I think so. I hope so.

5. Trackable? I keep track of my workouts and my start weight versus my end weight.

I don't want to be flying solo during the Zombie Apocalypse ... I still need someone to watch my back :nightmare: 

I know how to follow people.... but how do I post my thread???

Thanks!