• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter gets physical

Drink all the wine!!

Again XD

That's why I need to stop eating now so I can drink more later. :P

Haha, you mean "survive the Summer"  :tongue: I'm pretty jealous, especially as I've just come back from Thailand! Where are you going to be in Thailand?

The ceremony is in Bangkok, then we're going to Koh Mak for a few days to chill on the beach.

And since I forgot to update yesterday

Week 1 Day 4

1st law (Move): Did a haphazard workout mostly consisting of handstand work and hip conditioning (bird dogs and glute bridges and stuff like that). The handstands felt very uncoordinated and unstable after almost a months's break, but hopefully I'll get back to where I was soon enough. I discovered that a colleague of mine is into movement and gymnastics and handstands too which is kind of cool! That's what happens when I bring lunch to work and start eating with different people. :)

2nd law (No sweets): Nope.

3rd law (Lunch): Yep. Leftover fish tacos with pico de gallo and mango sauce were on the menu today.

• Like 2

Hey sweetheart! Missed you <3

So jealous you can travel to such amazing places so much easier than us US based folks can. Sounds like you have an EPIC adventure planned for next month. I can't wait to hear all about it! Recovering from injuries is the worst, but it sounds like you are on the upswing for sure. Subbed for your awesome amazing bendy fun-ness.

Oh gosh you've got some exciting plans coming up!

Challenge! Yeah!!

I do yes! And suddenly my motivation is so much higher! :)

Hey sweetheart! Missed you <3

So jealous you can travel to such amazing places so much easier than us US based folks can. Sounds like you have an EPIC adventure planned for next month. I can't wait to hear all about it! Recovering from injuries is the worst, but it sounds like you are on the upswing for sure. Subbed for your awesome amazing bendy fun-ness.

I'm not sure it's easier, I just make it a priority. I.e. I make stupid financial decisions. ;) But it's totally worth it.

Week 1 Day 5

1st law (Move): Short backbending workout today. I have some photos/videos but I'm too drunk to post them right now. :P 

2nd law (No sweets): Uhm, I actually did have a cardamom bun today at my favourite café. But I'm still going to count that as a social setting because I always have something sweet with my coffee there and I consider it relaxation time. Then I made a beetroot risotto with white wine and drank way too much wine. And then rum. So from a weight loss perspective it kind of sucked, from a fun point of view it's all good. ;)

3rd law (Lunch): This is the third day I brought lunch, which actually is a record for me. A colleague at work questioned my challenge so now I feel really compelled to complete it. Today was potato leek and beer and cheese soup, so ultimate winter comfort food. With bacon. 

BONUS challenge goal announcement!

I've decided that I'm going to try and learn as much Spanish as possible before I leave. I have just over 5 weeks and I'm starting from absolute scratch. Should be fun! :D

• Like 2

Today was potato leek and beer and cheese soup, so ultimate winter comfort food. With bacon.

...is there a recipe? or a method? or a particular beer style that works best? I may well be actually drooling!

Love that you told someone in RL and now have to keep up your challenge. Totally agree with spending money on travel experiences... and saving to do it again! ...and again! I haven't done that in a while but it may have more to do with keeping the depression under control these days...  :nonchalance: 

Sure, it's super simple. :)

• Soften 2 leeks and 1 onion (I use olive oil and butter). 
  • Add diced potatoes (0.5 kg?) and cover with chicken or veggie stock
  • Boil until potatoes are soft
  • Purée, then season with salt, pepper + whatever else you fancy. I used nutmeg and cayenne.
  • Stir in grated cheese, I used a mature cheddar. 
  • Add beer, I went for a classic British ale but you could experiment. I don't something too hoppy would work though. 
  • Crumble bacon on top
  • Like 1

Sure, it's super simple. :)

• Soften 2 leeks and 1 onion (I use olive oil and butter). 
  • Add diced potatoes (0.5 kg?) and cover with chicken or veggie stock
  • Boil until potatoes are soft
  • Purée, then season with salt, pepper + whatever else you fancy. I used nutmeg and cayenne.
  • Stir in grated cheese, I used a mature cheddar. 
  • Add beer, I went for a classic British ale but you could experiment. I don't something too hoppy would work though. 
  • Crumble bacon on top

This sounds sooo good...Will defineitly have to make it myself. ^_^

And exciting vacations coming up! Awesome job!! :)

Week 1 Day 6

1st law (Move): Had a terrible climbing session. I had only slept for a few hours the night before (possibly alcohol induced...) and my body just wouldn't work. Even easy routes felt really hard and I was doing weird things when climbing so I just gave up. I took a nap with the intention of working on something else afterwards, but that didn't happen. Well, the nap happened, but I was still too out of it. Today I had some sleep so life should be a lot better.

2nd law (No sweets): As a consequence of not sleeping I was in a eat everything in sight mode. But that was just a couple leftover nachos, some nuts and bacon so no harm done. I stayed strong and didn't buy anything in the shop.

3rd law (Lunch): N/A

Spanish: Spent some time on Duolingo and with a course book I borrowed from the library. So far so good. :) It's easy but slow going. 

• Like 3

I have a woot to share! :D I managed to poke myself in the head with my feet in a cobra today! It was assisted, but now I know I at least have the flexibility to do it. There's a pic in the spoiler (underwear warning!!) of me from two days ago after a low-medium intensity warmup of my unassisted cobra for comparison. Bendy back here I come!

med_gallery_19981_601_1723.jpg

• Like 8

Thanks! :D

Week 1 update

1st law (Move): I'm getting into the swing of things again. I'm going to steal Lilith's point system to make sure that I do things that I'm supposed to be working on. I'm thinking that priority 1/2/3 goals should give me 3/2/1 points. 10 points is the minimum for each week, 30 points would be great.

2nd law (No sweets): I've had sweets/snacks here and there but all within reason. Scale is pointing in the right direction so I just need to keep up what I'm doing.

3rd law (Lunch): This is going really well! Admittedly last week wasn't a full week since I started the challenge late, but still, even 3 days is a record for me. :)

Spanish: New goal, but it's going great so far! I'm trying to immerse myself as much as possible and I enjoy feeling this dedicated to a project again. We'll see how long I manage before my brain melts, but so far it's fun.

Overall, week 1 went very smoothly, and I'm ready for week 2!

• Like 5

Go you! I thought about trying a language again but just can't find the passion for it. I might revisit later, but for now I'm OK being singularly lingual.

Once my daughter is older and my husband is working again I plan on doing more traveling. I do some now, but the money and time is super limited. I'm at least planning on camp again next year, somehow. I want to visit the beach with my little one soon, but I'll probably do something easy like Florida. Europe and South America are quite a long trek, but some day I'll get to adventuring again. Can't wait to hear all about your trip!! I just love hearing about travels!

Go Hatter!  You're doing great.  Keep kicking butt.

And speaking of...   ;)  Great picture.

Oh, Jitters... :)

Good luck with the point system! :D

Thank you darling!

Hey there Ms Hatter!

The life goal is an important one! I found I did that myself, and now I've just focused on one hobby..getting down right fit!

Well hello there. Haven't chatted to you for a while! I also think one hobby is the way to go. It's not like the other hobbies and projects will go away. And even if I would fully dedicate myself to one thing at a time, I'd still get to do plenty of awesome things in my lifetime. This video just goes to show what is possible with a bit of dedication:

Go you! I thought about trying a language again but just can't find the passion for it. I might revisit later, but for now I'm OK being singularly lingual.

Once my daughter is older and my husband is working again I plan on doing more traveling. I do some now, but the money and time is super limited. I'm at least planning on camp again next year, somehow. I want to visit the beach with my little one soon, but I'll probably do something easy like Florida. Europe and South America are quite a long trek, but some day I'll get to adventuring again. Can't wait to hear all about your trip!! I just love hearing about travels!

I feel it's only worth learning a new language if I'm actually going to spend some time in the country, otherwise I'll just forget it straight away. I'll only be away for 3-4 weeks and I think that's the absolute minimum for it to be worth it. Learning a new language is kind of fun though! But admittedly Spanish is a relatively easy language and it also gets easier to learn new languages if you've been through the process before.

You should absolutely go adventuring when you can! It doesn't have to be far to be an adventure. 

• Like 2

Week 2 Day 1

1st law (Move): Did some basic strength training for 2 points. And realized just how weak I've become. :( I'm actually really sad now, I seem to have completely lost my pull-ups. I've been neglecting strength training for such a lung time in favor of climbing, but it's really not the same thing. Need to fix this ASAP!

2nd law (No sweets): Did good.

3rd law (Lunch): Balsamic roasted beetroot and thyme risotto with serrano ham was on the menu yesterday.

Spanish: Spend some time on Duolingo (it's kind of addictive!), went through some flashcards and listened to some of the free videos on yabla. 

• Like 2

Well hello there. Haven't chatted to you for a while! I also think one hobby is the way to go. It's not like the other hobbies and projects will go away. And even if I would fully dedicate myself to one thing at a time, I'd still get to do plenty of awesome things in my lifetime. 

Exactly!!

It has been a while, I've been too busy to post but I'm always stalking. 

Stalking.gif

This video just goes to show what is possible with a bit of dedication: 

That was excellent!  Thank you for sharing that video.

1st law (Move): Did some basic strength training for 2 points. And realized just how weak I've become. :( I'm actually really sad now, I seem to have completely lost my pull-ups. I've been neglecting strength training for such a lung time in favor of climbing, but it's really not the same thing. Need to fix this ASAP!

It wasn't so long ago that you had the strength, so I think you'll have it back soon! It seems to be easiest for the big muscles, so if it's pull-ups you're struggling with, maybe the biggest culprit is your finger strength, making the rest of you work harder?