• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LionHeart_BadgerSoul

Liam vs. Winter: First 6-week challenge

Why do I live in Minnesota again? I have been struggling with momentum as it's begun to get cold and dark. I'm hoping to get/keep myself moving in this challenge. And also try something new, as I've never participated in the forums before. Ack.

Main Quest: Become healthier and stronger! By the end, I hope to actually be able to do proper form pull-ups and push-ups, but I also just want to improve my all around strength and endurance.

Goal #1: Exercise, whaaat? Monday-Saturday, Sundays are off.
A Day (MWF):
  • Warm up (jump rope)
  • 4 sets of 20 push ups with a 2-minute rest between sets (starting with wall push-ups and increasing difficulty)
  • 3 sets of 8 pull-up exercises (working up from rows, following Steve's pull-up article plan)
  • Back bridges, til I master them. If I do so before the challenge ends, some other kind of bodyweight deadlift alternative
  • Squats/Lunges, increasing the number with each exercise (starting with 30 each)
B Day (T/TH/Sat):
  • 20 minute interval training

Goal #2: Fueling myself, woah! I really just don't eat enough in a day, so that's gotta change.
  • Don't skip meals
  • Incorporate protein and vegetables into at least 2 meals (ideally more)
Goal #3: Sleep?! No more social media (Facebook, Tumblr, etc) after 11 pm. Generally at this point in the evening, they only keep me up when I should be getting ready to go to bed.

Life Side Quest: Keep mental health under control by sticking to routines, both with exercise/food and with the following:
  1. 30 minutes of light box therapy every day
  2. Get out of bed within 10 minutes of waking up. Stretch.
  3. Every day at work, check in at the end of the day: What did I do? Where am I stuck? What am I going to do?

WOO. SCREW YOU, COLD. I CAN STILL DO THINGS. HERE WE GO.

• Like 2

be careful not to allow enough rest for injury (and those first week DOMS).

You might notice that someone has added tags onto your thread.  This is not to pigeonhole you into a specific guild, but rather to attract the attention of the guild ambassadors because of your lifestyle or a grouping of goals, so that they might be able to motivate, encourage and advise you of anything during your challenge with us.  You don't even need to wait for them, you're welcome to pop into the Assassins to say hi and introduce yourself and to see what they're about. Also you are more than welcome to drop me a line at any time if you need anything.

Good luck

AB xx

• Like 1

Hi there!!

I’m Chris-Tien Jinn, an ambassador for the Assassin Guild.  And, I am also from Minnesota .... Duluth!! 

It looks like with your pullups, pushups and backbridges goals,  you are doing things that many of our members pursue, and we’d love to help you reach your goals! 

For more information about the guild, stop by the Info & Announcements thread:  http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/55832-guild-information-announcements-subscribe/

The Assassin's Phonebook lists the names of people who are working on various aspects of fitness (http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/56083-assassin-phonebook-see-whos-working-on-what-this-challenge/) and life changes.  This is a great place to connect with someone who is working on goals similar to yours.  Don't be shy about following them or sending a message if you have questions!!!

The assassins are a friendly and supportive guild.  Stop by the Assassin's Den (http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/53568-the-assassins-den-guild-chat/) – a general chat thread in the guild forum – and introduce yourself.  You can always ask questions there!!

If you ever have any questions or need help with anything, let me know.  You can grab my attention by using the quote button at the bottom right corner of any of my posts.  I have the forum setting turned on to alert me when somebody quotes me using that button, so it's a quick easy way to let me know you're talking to me. You can also get in touch with me by posting on my own challenge topic (http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/55820-chris-tiens-annual-christmas-special/) or by using the forum private messenger system (the envelope button at the very top right of the screen).

Someone from the Assassin's Guild will stop by every week to check on your progress, but don't be a stranger!!  The most successful people around here reach out and get support from others - novices and veterans alike!  A great place to meet up with other (new) Assassins is in the Assassin Initiates Accountabilities Group:  http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/55836-level-1-assassin-initiates-chatqa/ - stop by when you have a chance!!

• Like 1

Awesome! Also, were you the CNF person who recognized my Carleton College shirt (and was also on my return flight, if I am remembering correctly)?!

Oh yea.  My daughter graduated from Carleton (and I graduated from St. Olaf). Glad you made it to the forums!!!