• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

BeaconLight

BeaconLight & His First Challenge

Hello my fellow Rebels!

I know I'm a day late in getting started on the next 6 week challenge, but I was told to jump right in.  So, here are my details for this 6 week challenge:

Main Quest:  I want to get my body fat percentage down another 3-5%, which also means gaining a little bit of muscle (any amount will do for this challenge).

Missions (Goals) for the Main Quest:

1.  Do a workout at least 2 times per week for at least an hour each.

2.  Drink at least 64 oz of water each day

3.  Get 7-8 hours of sleep each night.

Life Quest:  Put together all media (mission statement, Facebook Page, website, etc.) for my business called "Adventurous Living - Oils, Fitness, and Adventure".

My Starting Measurements:

Weight:  207.2 lbs

Body Fat:  26.9%

Fat Weight:  55.74 lbs

Lean Body Weight:  151.46 lbs

Body Starting Measurements:

Neck:  15.50. inches

Chest:  42 inches

Left Bicep:  13.25 inches

Right Bicep:  13.25 inches

Waist:  38 inches

Hips:  39.50 inches

Left Thigh:  24 inches

Right Thigh  24 inches

Left Calf:  16 inches

Right Calf:  16 inches

I provide these measurements and the attached picture to show my starting point of this challenge.  We will see at the end how these change.  I'm looking forward to this next 6 weeks!

post-33694-0-22768200-1415777461_thumb.j

• Like 2

hey there CNF buddy!!!

welcome to the challenges :)

welcome_to_thunderdome_womens_dark_tshir

(I can't find a welcome to the challenge boards meme)

if you gots the questions I gots the answers... or I know where to get them :)!!

• Like 1

Thanks wxstormer!  I have been taking pictures at the beginning of each month to track my progress.  Each month I see slight changes for the better and look better than I did even 3 months ago when I joined Nerd Fitness.  Little steps will get you to your goal.

Yesterday was a great start.  I got my workout in, got my necessary sleep, and even drank about 80 oz. of water!  Next step, improve the workouts more to build strength, loose fat, and build muscle.  But like Steve always says in his posts, "90% of your waistline battle is won or lost in the kitchen".  Going strong at this time in regards to what I eat and working on trying more recipes as I go on.

• Like 1

One of my biggest takeaways from Camp? Hmm...I think it comes in two parts.

Part 1:  I can do anything when I put my mind to it.  At Camp, it was being intentional in trying new ways of fitness and see what would work or not work for me.  Since Camp, I have taken this mindset into my further fitness goals and in everyday life.  I have looked into getting into CrossFit but sadly couldn't do it at this time due to finances.  For now, I'll have to stick to my own workouts or those found in the NF Academy--great material there by the way.  The way I have used this outside of fitness is that I'm working on getting my own business started called "Adventurous Living".  This is new for me to put this together but I look forward to the results as it combines my passions in one website and personal blog (hopefully).

Part 2: Setting up my Batcave.  Steve's talk about setting up the Batcave to be successful and using our laziness to our advantage.  Part of my Batcave is having my gym bag put together the night before so that I grab it on the way out the door and is sitting in my Jeep after work reminding me that I committed to going to the gym that day.  I also tied my Human bandana (I survived the Humans vs. Zombie game at camp) to the bag as a reminder of my Nerd Fitness community who is behind me.  Also, the way of I have used my laziness to my advantage is that I don't keep sugary snacks (I still enjoy them but now in moderation) in my apartment and so when I go to the frig for an afternoon snack, I only see my healthy meals and veggies for snacks.  I cannot eat wrong when it is not even there.  One other aspect to my Batcave is a fitness journal that contains progression pictures, stories, measurements, and other pictures going along with the information I'm writing about.  Once last thing I have is what I call my wall of encouragement.  There I have pictures, stickers, patches and the Nerd Fitness Oath to remind me to keep going.

There is so many good things about Camp that it is just too much to write it all out.  I look forward to going back next year!  September 2015 cannot get here soon enough.

• Like 2

Wow - great stuff!!!

I love using laziness to my advantage.  I eat out a LOT less now that I live in the far north of town in a very suburban area .... NO fast food nearby means that I don't see it when I drive by ... and I'm usually too lazy to go out to get something "quick" since it's quicker out of my healthy fridge. 

And we zombies will get you in September .....

zombie-exercise.jpg

So after the first two weeks of the challenge, I wanted to review how my goals are coming along:

Main Quest:  I want to get my body fat percentage down another 3-5%, which also means gaining a little bit of muscle (any amount will do for this challenge).

Missions (Goals) for the Main Quest:

1.  Do a workout at least 2 times per week for at least an hour each.

2.  Drink at least 64 oz of water each day

3.  Get 7-8 hours of sleep each night.

Life Quest:  Put together all media (mission statement, Facebook Page, website, etc.) for my business called "Adventurous Living - Oils, Fitness, and Adventure".

Main Quest:  I don't measure myself until 12/1/2014 and so won't know the progress until then.  I'm fine with that because I would rather focus on my missions for this quest anyway.  The missions are the things that are working me toward this overall goal.

Missions:  In terms of getting two workouts in each week has been tough.  First week I did great, second week I only got one in.  I was a little frusterated with this but I will work to get my two in this week.  In regards to my water mission, I have been averaging about 64-80 oz. during the week but on the weekend I seam to only get about 32 oz because I don't have my water bottle right next to me.  Lastly, in regards to sleep I have been averaging about 6-7 hours of sleep most days with two bad days where I only got about 5.5 hours of sleep due to staying up late being social.  So, not too bad but could work on this more.

Life Quest:  So my business is starting to come together.  This past weekend I finalized the name of my business (Living for Adventures), registered a domain name for the website, got my Facebook business page put together, Instagram feed going, and started working on the layout of my webpage.  I will be working on my website more this week and hope to have it go live after Thanksgiving!  So my life quest is coming along nicely and look forward to seeing where this business will take me.

Overall, I think I'm heading in the right direction.  There is still 4 more weeks and a lot of good things can happen in that time.

• Like 1

It is a lot of work Chris-Tien Jinn.  But the hard work now will pay off latter.  The thing that is taking the longest is putting together my website (www.livingforadventures.com).  I have a goal to have it up by the end of this weekend, but not sure if I will get all of it done in time.  However, Saturday is wide open and so hope to spend a solid "work day" on it.

To answer you question, I'm a independent distributor of Young Living's Essential Oils.  What I like about them is the attention to the quality of their oils through their Seed to Seal process.  I know that the oils I get and distribute are of the highest quality and when use properly have strong benefits.  My website will have more information when I get it posted.

Here is to a great weekend of hard work!

• Like 1

I got a section done, but didn't finish the website liked I hoped.  Then somehow I got sick Sunday night & it has totally wiped me out for the past two days.  Hoping to get more done this week.